Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 34789 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:14 - Mar 18 with 2158 viewsRosun

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:00 - Mar 18 by Nerazzurri

Whilst I agree that there is a danger we could do a Yeovil I don't think I could ever say that going up to The Championship would be a disaster. And I also agree that we may not be ready for it but who could turn down the opportunity to give it a go? We would arguably be the smallest club to have ever reached the second tier of English football and would most likely come back down but what an achievement it would be to get there and there is no guarantee we will ever be ready as a club for that level.

I'm also under no doubt that despite Hill playing down our chances (and that's all he's doing, he hasn't said we won't make it!) we are going out to win every game and see it as an opportunity to gatecrash the play offs.

Hill's comments don't bother me in the slightest, I'm only bothered about what's happening on the pitch to be honest. But I do agree that his comments, especially after the Crewe game were unnecessary and there is nothing to be gained from making those sorts of comments.

Let's face it, we're in a great position on and off the pitch. I never thought I'd see the day when Rochdale fans were arguing amongst themselves over promotion to The Championship.

I dunno, bURY did it and the back end of the 90's. And they only have 4 letters in their name so they're smaller than us ;-)
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:20 - Mar 18 with 2128 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 12:23 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

Thats why I said "at this level"??? Bournemouth got promoted averaging 9000 , Brentford 7700, both have had massive investment. Brentford are moving to a new 15000 stadium and have had 15million pumped in in less than 12 months.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-grateful-for-owners-15m-inves

We are nothing like them - maybe Crewe.

What Crewe did will do then!

Shame that an interesting debate is turning into a bit of a bitch fest.

Lets get to the weeks of nothingness aye!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 2103 viewsDorsetDale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:50 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

To paraphrase a saying that goes something along the lines of:

"No-one can be talked down to without their consent..."

[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 11:50]

Indeed, and I concur as regards consent, it's what the "system" relies on.

Any road, of all the posters on here, you are one of the "most want to meet and have a chat with"
Will be up for the Yeovil game, expecting to arrive in time for a pre-match pint. Apparently we were in the same pub pre-match Coventry, let's not let the opportunity slip by again?

Oh,,, that's not a challenge, simply an invitation.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:40 - Mar 18 with 2096 viewsdingdangblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:20 - Mar 18 by SteTsGoldenBoot

What Crewe did will do then!

Shame that an interesting debate is turning into a bit of a bitch fest.

Lets get to the weeks of nothingness aye!

I'm sorry if you think that, but comparing us to Bournemouth and Brentford is giving the wrong impression that they have done it on a shoestring and nothing could be further from the truth. If we do ever achieve the unthinkable then Keith Hill will be unprecedented possibly the finest lower league manager in history. Rochdale in the Championship on the back of a fanbase of 2500 having spent no money on transfers and selling their top scorer mid season? You couldn't make it up. Really cant imagine it happening but the pressure is off now so it should be no fear football with nothing to lose for these last 11 games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:44 - Mar 18 with 2088 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:36 - Mar 18 by DorsetDale

Indeed, and I concur as regards consent, it's what the "system" relies on.

Any road, of all the posters on here, you are one of the "most want to meet and have a chat with"
Will be up for the Yeovil game, expecting to arrive in time for a pre-match pint. Apparently we were in the same pub pre-match Coventry, let's not let the opportunity slip by again?

Oh,,, that's not a challenge, simply an invitation.

Cheers DD, and I remember last year you giving me some useful tips about the Dorset area when I was staying near there after the game at Bristol Rovers

Regarding a pint - depends if my gf will let me get away in time. It's usually erm... touch and go as it is!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:17 - Mar 18 with 2028 viewsDaleiLama

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:44 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

Cheers DD, and I remember last year you giving me some useful tips about the Dorset area when I was staying near there after the game at Bristol Rovers

Regarding a pint - depends if my gf will let me get away in time. It's usually erm... touch and go as it is!!

You need to save your legs on Saturday man!
Oh no, they decided pre-match "distractions" are ok now didn't they (at least til the next study comes out).
So fill yer boots! (or hers)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:17 - Mar 18 with 2025 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:41 - Mar 18 by DorsetDale

As I've just pointed out on another thread, I see merit in debate from both sides of the fence but to state a select few are talking down to everyone when the most vociferous posts have come from the opinions you share is a bit misleading.

Edit - double post
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 16:21]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:17 - Mar 18 with 2023 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 11:41 - Mar 18 by DorsetDale

As I've just pointed out on another thread, I see merit in debate from both sides of the fence but to state a select few are talking down to everyone when the most vociferous posts have come from the opinions you share is a bit misleading.

You may well be correct on this one topic, my comment was made about the countless times the same usual suspects try and bully and shout down anybody who dares to disagree on here.
As previously mentioned by others,theres plenty of people dont bother with this forum anymore.It will eventually end up with about 6 posters massaging each others sad little egos
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 16:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:24 - Mar 18 with 2007 viewsDaleiLama

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:17 - Mar 18 by nordenblue

You may well be correct on this one topic, my comment was made about the countless times the same usual suspects try and bully and shout down anybody who dares to disagree on here.
As previously mentioned by others,theres plenty of people dont bother with this forum anymore.It will eventually end up with about 6 posters massaging each others sad little egos
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 16:19]

How does the "ignore user" option work. Couldn't they come back and just block or mute the "bullies?" Just a suggestion

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:27 - Mar 18 with 1994 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:44 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

DAlien you seem to be the most reasonable of the critics shall we say. I ask you this in all honesty and ask that you answer, as I'm sure you will, in a non partisan way.
Do feel that you are a victim of bullying by a select few on here?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 1969 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:27 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

DAlien you seem to be the most reasonable of the critics shall we say. I ask you this in all honesty and ask that you answer, as I'm sure you will, in a non partisan way.

See my reply earlier about "Not being talked down to without consent"

To elaborate: what I meant was that even if anyone was presumptious enough to try to talk down to me (or bully me) they'd soon be given short shrift and they wouldn't try again. And that's not just on here, but in any walk of life.

To sum up then BDMC, no - but there's a sting in the tail here.

When I first joined the messageboard (about 2005 I think) I read it for a while before posting. There was something of an atmosphere of bullying back then and so I joined in with every intention of getting my retaliation in first, as it were.

Perhaps those who consider me to be an "aggressive" poster might want to consider it as a legacy of that time. Or maybe I'm just a tw@t

[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 16:40]

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:44 - Mar 18 with 1949 views442Dale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:37 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

To elaborate: what I meant was that even if anyone was presumptious enough to try to talk down to me (or bully me) they'd soon be given short shrift and they wouldn't try again. And that's not just on here, but in any walk of life.

When I first joined the messageboard (about 2005 I think) I read it for a while before posting. There was something of an atmosphere of bullying back then and so I joined in with every intention of getting my retaliation in first, as it were.

Perhaps those who consider me to be an "aggressive" poster might want to consider it as a legacy of that time. Or maybe I'm just a tw@t

You certainly can't have pr1ck. I claimed that ages ago, recently adding condescending.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:45 - Mar 18 with 1941 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:37 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

But what about now?

Is anybody on here seriously bullied by a so-called select few?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 16:49]

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:57 - Mar 18 with 1904 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:27 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Does giving your piece of mind, bring a peace of mind? Or is it better to be silent and let the war inside subside?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:03 - Mar 18 with 1894 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:45 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

But what about now?

No, but please don't ask me if I want your autograph, or I'll cry

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:04 - Mar 18 with 1891 viewsaleanddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:45 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

But what about now?

For what it's worth...

No I don't think there is. At the end of the day I would do what I could to make sure I was not upsetting anybody.. Chalky.. Bury fans.. Tazzy .. Whoever.

The problem is the written word can easily be mis interpreted.

Then there are those that like to provoke... And some who are hyper sensitive...

Mix the three and you can see why it sometimes gets heated and close to the knuckle.. As this thread proves.

it becomes a problem when more confident colourful characters are not prepared to listen or concede any point on an opposing point of view.

Two colourful confident characters with polar opposite views they then develop into rutting stags!!!

And we all should remember we are all Dale family.

Now where is that hugging smiley!!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:10 - Mar 18 with 1877 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Thank you Mr Dalien and Mr Dale for your considered responses. Now, over you Mr N Blue. Are you bullied on this forum? I may wind you up and you may dislike me but are you really being bullied sir?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:55 - Mar 18 with 1797 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:10 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Thank you Mr Dalien and Mr Dale for your considered responses. Now, over you Mr N Blue. Are you bullied on this forum? I may wind you up and you may dislike me but are you really being bullied sir?

I dont find BDMC at all bullying tbh - we all have opinions and we voice them how we feel - I disagree with some stuff others say as they will with my views.

We all have the club at heart and we differ in how we feel it should be done on the field and off it - thats what makes having opinions worthwhile.

Now can I have my Lunch Money back please Dave :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 1721 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:03 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

No, but please don't ask me if I want your autograph, or I'll cry

I'll write it in full and in italics for you.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:47 - Mar 18 with 1713 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:55 - Mar 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

I dont find BDMC at all bullying tbh - we all have opinions and we voice them how we feel - I disagree with some stuff others say as they will with my views.

We all have the club at heart and we differ in how we feel it should be done on the field and off it - thats what makes having opinions worthwhile.

Now can I have my Lunch Money back please Dave :)

You can pal and I'll take that kick me sign off you're back as well.

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:48 - Mar 18 with 1711 viewsD_Alien

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:43 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

I'll write it in full and in italics for you.

That'd just turn me into a R17ALE-style emotional wreck

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:57 - Mar 18 with 1688 viewsJimmyRustler

BDMC is good value on here and as entertaining as it gets.

I don't see bullying or anything of the sort on here. I've felt more teased after reading an issue of Women's Weekly than I do after reading some of the retorts on here. Just remembered that someone had a go at Tazzy on here a week or two ago (was either a bucket or a biffo), they were very swiftly told to STFU (and rightly so).

I've always been perplexed by the concept of cyber-bullying anyway tbh but that's another issue for another day.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:26 - Mar 18 with 1614 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:10 - Mar 18 by BigDaveMyCock

I personally don't feel bullied as DA alludes to i dont in life in general so certainly wont be pushed around by faceless tough guys on here.
There is definitely an element of it on here and i personally feel certain posters when faced with an opposing view resort to pretty sad belittling tactics and its looked upon as acceptable.
Nothing personal against you or anyone else as i hardly know any of you away from the forum but id hope people would be slightly more accommodating as it is clearly putting others off from posting on here,regardless of your view thats never a good scenario for the forum in general.

Regards Mr A Gressive
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:07 - Mar 18 with 1569 viewsTVOS1907

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:44 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

You certainly can't have pr1ck. I claimed that ages ago, recently adding condescending.

Thought it was smug.

Oh, no, that was me...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 05:38 - Mar 19 with 1476 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:17 - Mar 17 by Brierls

I'm stunned by this thread. Genuinely stunned. This bandwagon (and that is exactly what it is) of criticising Hilly for anything you can lay your hands on is the biggest act of cutting off your nose to spite your face that I have ever seen.

This has gone beyond a few gripes about comments in any interview, or simply having an opinion, it has turned into a witch hunt of the most successful manager and board we have ever witnessed at this football club.

I'm embarassed to be a Dale fan right now, and it has absolutely nothing to do with any employee of the club. I'm absolutely gutted to feel that way.

Ok Brierls you wanted an apology for me suggesting that you reside on the other forum (A&B). You used to post on it a couple of years ago but haven't for a couple of years, I will accept that as being the truth and I am SORRY for insinuating otherwise, I was wrong. I should have responded to your post differently instead of jumping to assumptions.

A sincere and warmly expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine on a suffering soul.

Your above post is a insult to supporters who dare to have a different opinion to yourself. Hill gave fans the bullets to have a go at him during his numerous interviews over the last couple of months. To suggest people like myself or the numerous others who have a different opinion to yourself are on a Witch hunt is a insult, but I don't expect an apology I can handle it.

You can't just 'stomp' over others opinions and shout 'Witch hunt'because we won't play lap dog to the manager however much it might render you stunned.

I have nothing but admiration for the way Hilly manages the team and rarely criticise him in that department( Bunney at left back being the exception). A couple of weeks ago I started a thread suggesting in just over a weeks time we could be safe, that was a time when we were having a bit of a wobble and it proved to be correct. A couple of days ago I had the audacity to say we can have a shot at the play offs and that was pulled apart. Last week I started a thread 'Let's talk about the Play Offs and that's seen as being anti Hill. In a world of negativity I think I have been a positive light regarding this season. Your Witch Hunt comments are ridiculous, we take issue with his remarks to the media and that's all it is. I took Mycocks advice on board and became positive.

Just got home and I have a couple of fresh rabbits, if you want one we could meet up. I will even skin it for you if you want, as a peace offering. If you don't fancy that you could come down to the pen one evening and we could have a few beers and shoot some rats. It's up to you, let me know.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 7:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024