Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 43817 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 12:29 - May 19 with 4940 viewsJuzzie

The last 3 1/2 months he's been selecting a team that are not his players, no opportunity to bring new players (from outside of the club) in, having to deal with all the ego's, tantrums etc.

Summer will be a mass clear out with some 20 players leaving I reckon. Most will be out of contract players none of whom should be re-signed bar possibly Faurlin and we'll sadly see a few key players sold that we'd like to keep.

So, next season will be HIS team. I for one will be behind him until such time we're languishing at the bottom, then I won't be a happy bunny!
Its Chris on 12:29 - May 19 with 4940 viewsstevec

Fckin hell. Why did Newcastle have to be so shite?

Oh well, I guess that means season tickets will be priced around hundred quid, so not all bad.
Its Chris on 12:30 - May 19 with 4929 viewsDufster

Why 3 years FFS!

Could not have been worse news!

Angry angry angry!!

I Say!

Its Chris on 12:30 - May 19 with 4928 viewsEastR

While some of his decision making in the past weeks has been a bit suspect, he should be given a chance.

I think Ferdinand was influential in making the appointment, and it’s a decisive action in terms of the timing. At least having him in place as we go into the close season makes that part of the planning more straightforward.

Will he last? It’s very unusual for any managers to see out their contract, so the odds are against it.
But for now, on balance, it’s probably the right call.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Its Chris on 12:33 - May 19 with 4887 viewsfakekerby

They went for the cheap option then.
Its Chris on 12:38 - May 19 with 4813 viewsPhilmyRs

I support the appointment and hope he can restore some pride and belief back into the team.

Some achievable requests:

1. Play some attacking football on the deck. Don’t just lump to Zamora or his replacement.
2. Continue looking to promote youth but only if they have something — be it talent or some football loan experience. Don’t throw kids in just to tick a box.
3. Avoid 4 centre backs across the back-line. Good full backs can be attacking weapons not just ‘lump it to Zamora’ types.
4. Do not pick Karl Henry at left midfield. 1 or 2 holding midfielders max.
5. Add some pace to the team.
6. Get Clint Hill on the coaching staff — player coach preferably.
7. Keep Matt Phillips.
8. Implement a philosophy on how we should play (at all levels) and stick to it.
9. Be brave. Approach each game to win.
10. Respect the league.
Its Chris on 12:39 - May 19 with 4799 viewsSomersetHoops

Well I wish him luck and hope he has learnt from his success and failures so far. He needs to get the right players at the right price and with the right contracts, so I hope he and Les Ferdinand can pull something together that is more like the QPR of old. We need to accept that the best we can hope for from where we are now during next season is mid table in the Championship and hopefully a better level of entertaining football.

I know some think this is a bad decision, but hope even they can give their support now it been made. The most important thing for me is that its been done early enough to sort out the playing squad and hopefully a pre-season dedicated to building a team rather than PR.

For some good news, even for Disco, look no further than the fact that men are not yet destined to become extinct:-
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2015-05-19/uea-scientists-say-theyve-worke

Who's Next?

Its Chris on 12:39 - May 19 with 4784 viewsfakekerby

Its Chris on 12:38 - May 19 by PhilmyRs

I support the appointment and hope he can restore some pride and belief back into the team.

Some achievable requests:

1. Play some attacking football on the deck. Don’t just lump to Zamora or his replacement.
2. Continue looking to promote youth but only if they have something — be it talent or some football loan experience. Don’t throw kids in just to tick a box.
3. Avoid 4 centre backs across the back-line. Good full backs can be attacking weapons not just ‘lump it to Zamora’ types.
4. Do not pick Karl Henry at left midfield. 1 or 2 holding midfielders max.
5. Add some pace to the team.
6. Get Clint Hill on the coaching staff — player coach preferably.
7. Keep Matt Phillips.
8. Implement a philosophy on how we should play (at all levels) and stick to it.
9. Be brave. Approach each game to win.
10. Respect the league.

“I am fully aware of what this club means to its supporters and I intend to do everything possible to help build a QPR team they can be proud of.”

Clearly not when you give SWP his glory moment at our lowest point.
Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 12:41 - May 19 with 4750 viewsdanehoop

Its Chris on 12:33 - May 19 by fakekerby

They went for the cheap option then.

As I said on a previous thread, many on here may have overated our attractiveness to the people they'd like us to appoint. We may have approached others but been given a polite refusal (Warburton springs to mind) given our financial issues, poor set up, lack of infrastructure, recent history and not even owning our own training ground.
They may simply have decided that on balance he was the best option available to us of the actual choices available.

He is our manager now, so he has my support. Just hope he can make a better fist of it than Bagpuss.

Never knowingly understood

Its Chris on 12:43 - May 19 with 4731 viewsINFIRMARY

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Its Chris on 12:44 - May 19 with 4717 viewsstevec

Its Chris on 12:30 - May 19 by Dufster

Why 3 years FFS!

Could not have been worse news!

Angry angry angry!!

Any sensibly run club, given his crap record would have either got rid or at worse, given him a yearly rolling contract.

Of course, this is Queens Park fckin Rangers, run by the biggest bunch of tw*ts known to mankind.
Its Chris on 12:45 - May 19 with 4687 viewsBlackCrowe

That is very true - he must (or at least should) know how everyone but everyone feels about SWP and then picks him for critical games anyway.

Right, I've got to move on with this negativity on CR (who I repeat seems a thoroughly decent sort).

Clean slate Chris, get on with it and good luck, but i suspect I may save my cash on renewing our Sts next season.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Its Chris on 12:46 - May 19 with 4660 viewsDiscodroids

fu ck me, we beat sunderland so he gets the caretaker job and he somehow beats newcastle and gets a 3 year contract. dont stop their tone, why not name a nebula after him or a constellation , a cosmos even for having the ability to diop a solid stool in the pan, or having a central nervous system.

the Ramfukker , the starkicker rising.

we must be further in the yakshit than what i thought if thats the best we can do.. no cnt wants the gig , i reckon theres no budget for new players for transfer fees and very little for wages....its a real clear the decks job for a puppet whose going to do what he's told.

this chauncey gardner is a coach. a mentor to children/teens.. a favourite uncle, someone who hands out humbugs to young boys on his knee and dosent want a gam in return.

the geezer looks like something out of desmonds waiting to get his pate shaved..

he's gonna be eaten alive next season by the championship pack ..in chunks.

dreadful day for the club.the buzz word, aspiration of this club has falling of a fukin cliff inside 12 months. all those millions , all those tweets and promises....and we end up with this!!! what an insult to our intelligence.

[Post edited 19 May 2015 12:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Its Chris on 12:48 - May 19 with 4628 viewsdanehoop

Its Chris on 12:46 - May 19 by Discodroids

fu ck me, we beat sunderland so he gets the caretaker job and he somehow beats newcastle and gets a 3 year contract. dont stop their tone, why not name a nebula after him or a constellation , a cosmos even for having the ability to diop a solid stool in the pan, or having a central nervous system.

the Ramfukker , the starkicker rising.

we must be further in the yakshit than what i thought if thats the best we can do.. no cnt wants the gig , i reckon theres no budget for new players for transfer fees and very little for wages....its a real clear the decks job for a puppet whose going to do what he's told.

this chauncey gardner is a coach. a mentor to children/teens.. a favourite uncle, someone who hands out humbugs to young boys on his knee and dosent want a gam in return.

the geezer looks like something out of desmonds waiting to get his pate shaved..

he's gonna be eaten alive next season by the championship pack ..in chunks.

dreadful day for the club.the buzz word, aspiration of this club has falling of a fukin cliff inside 12 months. all those millions , all those tweets and promises....and we end up with this!!! what an insult to our intelligence.

[Post edited 19 May 2015 12:56]

You need to come off that fence Disco and let us know what you really think.

Never knowingly understood

Its Chris on 12:50 - May 19 with 4602 viewspaulparker

FFS !!!!

awful, awful, awful , Fcuk you fernades , you have fcuked the fans once again, and made a great club a laughing stock ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 12:59 - May 19 with 3753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I haven't been able to see all of his games, let alone figure out whey certain decisions were made. Most on here will be wiser than me.

However, this doesn't disappoint me. At some stage, if I'm ever going to reach for sanity, I have to trust someone, and I trust Les. If Les thinks that Ramsey can cut it as a manager, can restore our pride and our morals, and can play the type of football that we crave, then I'm happy to trust in this. Mid-table while rebuilding will be fine by me.

If Fernandes steps aside as chairperson we may yet get back to the club we once recognised.

Best of luck to him.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:03]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Its Chris on 12:59 - May 19 with 3740 viewsHunterhoop

Good decision. From what I've seen since he's taken over, I'm happy with this decision.

I know I'm in the majority and I know it's easy for some of the more amusing posters to make light of things, but I think this is the right call.

There's been a few strange selections, which I disagreed with (but ALL managers make selections some/most fans disagree with now and then!), but ultimately he's been trying to do the right things: introduce youngsters, play those who are trying and care, create a culture of accountability again, not over praise players, change the attitude of the players.

I'm sure this will continue as he and Les transform the squad.

That's another key point people have missed. This is a BIG change in approach for us. He is Head Coach NOT Manager. All the power is not in his (or another manager's hands). I think this is a goo thing. Les will have responsibility for the direction of the football side of things at the club and will ultimately have the say in transfers. Ramsey is there to get the best out of the first team squad. He's a very well respected coach. Proven. We've been crying out for a good coach to "coach" our first team for years. This season he's been operating with players he didn't sign, who know they won't be here next season (regardless of where we finished) and some who really don't care. Next year, whilst the players will be limited in ability, I think they'll really play for him.

I like this direction. Les cares about the club. Ramsey is trying to do the right thing. These two will move us away from the "Bertie Big Boll*cks" signings back towards the club we used to be and want to be.

That doesn't mean I think we'll be promoted. I still think we'll do extremely well to be top half and most likely should just look to stay up next season. But if we do move in the direction described above. I can put up with that. I'll be supporting QPR for decades. I don't need instant gratification from the club; I just want the club to be the type of club I WANT to support. Let's take the best youngsters we have, sign the best players from the leagues below, play attacking football, where the players give 100% every week, where the players and staff want to be here. Then let's sell those good players on for a profit and repeat the above process. Over the long term, we'll get back into the top league in the right way if we do this.
Its Chris on 12:59 - May 19 with 3743 viewsAunt_Nelly

Its Chris on 12:50 - May 19 by paulparker

FFS !!!!

awful, awful, awful , Fcuk you fernades , you have fcuked the fans once again, and made a great club a laughing stock ,

Time of the month?
Its Chris on 13:00 - May 19 with 3740 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I haven't been able to see all of his games, let alone figure out whey certain decisions were made. Most on here will be wiser than me.

However, this doesn't disappoint me. At some stage, if I'm ever going to reach for sanity, I have to trust someone, and I trust Les. If Les thinks that Ramsey can cut it as a manager, can restore our pride and our morals, and can play the type of football that we crave, then I'm happy to trust in this. Mid-table while rebuilding is fine by me.

If Fernandes steps aside as chairperson we may yet get back to the club we once recognised.

Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Its Chris on 13:00 - May 19 with 3736 viewsPBLOCK

Personally I think this is a poor appointment. There is a massive job to be done and I wish him well and he will get my support, but I just don't get any indication that he is up to the task.

Yes he hasn't had a chance to mould his own team and yes he inherited a very poor situation from Redknapp, but his record thus far has been poor, and some decisions puzzling at best.

So from Fernandes tweeting #Dream Manager and all that other rubbish we end up with Ramsey.

I really hope that in a year or two time I am eating copious amounts of humble pie and admitting that I was very wrong about Ramsey and that he is the best manager we have had in a long time etc. Personally I think I will be saying "well we all knew that wouldn't work" in the next 12-18 months.
Its Chris on 13:03 - May 19 with 3703 viewsDiscodroids

Its Chris on 12:48 - May 19 by danehoop

You need to come off that fence Disco and let us know what you really think.

im trying to remain calm dane...but i never for one moment thought they would give him the job. 'not even qpr' i thought.

from wembley , 12 months ago to today, i cannot comprehend the chasm of incompetence by the club .

feel bitterly let down...when will i ever learn.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Its Chris on 13:04 - May 19 with 3697 viewsaston_hoop

It just feels all too inevitable. CR loses a few games early on, the youngsters don't perform like world beaters straight away and half the supporters want him out. Those on Twitter speak to Tony, Ramsey goes and some big name comes in again for a short term 'rescue'. All while we bang on about the need for a long term plan. Well how about we get behind Ramsey and Sir Les right away and see what they're capable of on their terms and with their squad. Im guessing Les is in charge of player recruitment given that Ramsey's title is head coach?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Its Chris on 13:04 - May 19 with 3689 viewsPBLOCK

Personally I think this is a poor appointment. There is a massive job to be done and I wish him well and he will get my support, but I just don't get any indication that he is up to the task.

Yes he hasn't had a chance to mould his own team and yes he inherited a very poor situation from Redknapp, but his record thus far has been poor, and some decisions puzzling at best.

So from Fernandes tweeting #Dream Manager and all that other rubbish we end up with Ramsey.

I really hope that in a year or two time I am eating copious amounts of humble pie and admitting that I was very wrong about Ramsey and that he is the best manager we have had in a long time etc. Personally I think I will be saying "well we all knew that wouldn't work" in the next 12-18 months.
Its Chris (n/t) on 13:06 - May 19 with 3670 viewsAddinall

Its Chris on 13:07 - May 19 with 3664 viewssimmo

"Rebuilding the club is our first target," Ferdinand tells the club's website.

"If we can make an immediate return to the Premier League, then great, but we have to focus on re-establishing the traditions of QPR. That will take time, but in Chris we have a man who is relishing the challenge that lies ahead."

This is for me the most important thing, one of the biggest positives for me, with Ramsey, is that he seems proud to be QPR manager. It's not a job that's beneath him, he wants to do his absolute best for the club and that's how it should be. People also need to remember that our previous manager was one of the most experienced and knowledgable in the game and was fcking awful from everything to the football to the balance sheet, so I have no problem with him not having a long CV of appointments.

Also, as above, he's a COACH, not a MANAGER. He's clearly an excellent coach and if we bring the right people in, under the right guidelines and rules relating to a new QPR way of doing things, then I am happy he is the guy that's there to improve them. His in-game mgmt has also been pretty good on the whole, he's reacted well to the match and made changes where needed to improve things, I think we would have seen that even more if he had people actually available to him on the bench that weren't injured or refusing to commit, etc.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024