Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) 12:14 - Aug 24 with 12867 viewsWeaverQPR

Be nice to keep the run going.

Smithies

Perch
Onouha
Hall
Kpekawa

Henry
Doughty

Mackie
Luongo
Gladwin

Polter

@WeavQPR

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 16:55 - Aug 24 with 3206 viewsHAYESBOY

Would play.

Smithies
Furlong Hill Hall Koepkwa
Doughty Diakite
Hoillett Jet Mackie (If fit)
Polter

Smells like a trout farm in here

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 17:06 - Aug 24 with 3176 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 16:54 - Aug 24 by Northernr

It's not so much about a rest as making sure we're not fcked by an injury. Currently we would be in huge difficulty if Onuoha in particular got injured, Luongo and Chery also.

Agree with that. Luongo and Chery def out - maybe he'll rest Ned for Clint.

Bare bones.

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 17:58 - Aug 24 with 3130 viewsDylanP

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 15:21 - Aug 24 by PunteR

I'd definitely give Gladwin a game. I got high hopes for him this season. Agree about giving Luongo a rest.

Smithies
Furlong
Perch
Hall
Kpekawa

Faurlin
Doughty

Phillips
Chery
Gladwin

Poulter

There is no way that CR plays Faurlin tomorrow. It is also possible that Phillips will get a break.

It is all very well saying "they are professionals and should be able to stand two games a week" (which is true) but if one of our key players gets injured (Charlie, Faurlin, Phillips, etc.) in a cup tie, everyone will be second guessing CR. An unnecessary gamble like that could be the difference between hitting the targets for the season (whatever those are) and missing them. Also, my guess is that CR will be wanting to play some of the lads who aren't getting games to keep them fresh and interested.

Anyhow, on paper at least a team made up of our bench players ought to be able to beat Carlisle. We'll see about that tomorrow.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 18:20 - Aug 24 with 3102 viewsPunteR

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 17:58 - Aug 24 by DylanP

There is no way that CR plays Faurlin tomorrow. It is also possible that Phillips will get a break.

It is all very well saying "they are professionals and should be able to stand two games a week" (which is true) but if one of our key players gets injured (Charlie, Faurlin, Phillips, etc.) in a cup tie, everyone will be second guessing CR. An unnecessary gamble like that could be the difference between hitting the targets for the season (whatever those are) and missing them. Also, my guess is that CR will be wanting to play some of the lads who aren't getting games to keep them fresh and interested.

Anyhow, on paper at least a team made up of our bench players ought to be able to beat Carlisle. We'll see about that tomorrow.

Yeh maybe I'm being a taskmaster there. Defo needs games under his belt.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 18:31 - Aug 24 with 3086 viewsbarbicanranger

Nice to have a squad and see someone use / rotate it properly, displaying some kind of rational and considered approach behind the team selected, isn't it?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2015 18:32]
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 18:36 - Aug 24 with 3079 viewsElHoop

There should be a £1m prize for anyone who can pick the two sides and the final score tomorrow. I doubt that many would share the prize.

League form:

QPR P4 F9 A8
Carlisle P4 F7 A 10

That's 16 goals scored and 18 conceded in 8 games.

And more than likely they won't have first choice defences on offer.
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 18:55 - Aug 24 with 3043 viewsElHoop

The starting point is surely the team at Yeovil:

01 Green
24 Perch Booked
05 Onuoha
04 Hall
42 Kpekawa
16 Doughty
17 Gobern (Hoilett - 77' )
07 Phillips (Blackwood - 70' )
14 Emmanuel-Thomas
11 Gladwin (Henry - 59' )
33 Polter

I think that you can see a few obvious changes to that side:

Smithies
24 Perch
Hill
04 Hall
42 Kpekawa
16 Doughty
17 Gobern
07 Phillips
14 Emmanuel-Thomas
11 Gladwin
33 Polter
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 18:56 - Aug 24 with 3043 viewsDorse

I'd like to see Smithies get some game time on the off chance that Green is really on his way. I also think it would be a good opportunity to give Kpekawa a run. Doughty looks like he'll be in for Faurlin anyway.

My concern is that we all go mental / more mental because CR:
Picks too many kids
Doesn't give the kids an opportunity
Wins unconvincingly
Loses
Draws
Wins well but it was only Carlisle
Plays Hoilett ahead of (insert name of young player here)
Etc etc etc

Usually we are out of it by now. This is a nice change. If I hadn't knocked drinking in the head, I'd say I am only here for the beer.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 19:33 - Aug 24 with 3004 viewsYugohoop

I'd like to see Charlie play one last game at Loftus Road
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 23:13 - Aug 24 with 2891 viewsCiderwithRsie

"Run"?

Rings a bell, can you just remind me what that involves? Is it now called Snickers?
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 23:26 - Aug 24 with 2882 viewsozranger

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 15:29 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

No one needs a rest. They're only just getting in their stride and they get a 2 week break very shortly. Not an issue at this stage IMO.

I know this has gone well past your post, but you have missed a crucial point that requires to be stated. Luongo does not get a rest over the two weeks. He is off to Perth (Australia, not Scotland) immediately after this Saturday's game for training and then another game against Bangladesh and then to Tajikistan for the second of the two WC Quals. Yes, these teams are probably worse than Yeovil, but there is still the travel, the training and the game play. So, really, he should be rested now.
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 23:46 - Aug 24 with 2864 viewsNorthernr

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 18:56 - Aug 24 by Dorse

I'd like to see Smithies get some game time on the off chance that Green is really on his way. I also think it would be a good opportunity to give Kpekawa a run. Doughty looks like he'll be in for Faurlin anyway.

My concern is that we all go mental / more mental because CR:
Picks too many kids
Doesn't give the kids an opportunity
Wins unconvincingly
Loses
Draws
Wins well but it was only Carlisle
Plays Hoilett ahead of (insert name of young player here)
Etc etc etc

Usually we are out of it by now. This is a nice change. If I hadn't knocked drinking in the head, I'd say I am only here for the beer.

I do think they should pick Smithies for this. No idea what he's like as a lad but he was born in Huddersfield, brought up in Huddersfield, supports Huddersfield and has only ever played for Huddersfield. It's going to be weird for him, at best, and intimidating for him, at worst when he first plays for us at Loftus Road - he'll be keen to make a good impression, he knows he's coming in for a good keeper, he'll be nervous to start surely? Wouldn't be human otherwise.

I'd like him to get a bit of that out the way here rather than getting lobbed straight into a game against Derby or Leeds away or something like that.
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 23:51 - Aug 24 with 2853 viewsPunteR

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 23:46 - Aug 24 by Northernr

I do think they should pick Smithies for this. No idea what he's like as a lad but he was born in Huddersfield, brought up in Huddersfield, supports Huddersfield and has only ever played for Huddersfield. It's going to be weird for him, at best, and intimidating for him, at worst when he first plays for us at Loftus Road - he'll be keen to make a good impression, he knows he's coming in for a good keeper, he'll be nervous to start surely? Wouldn't be human otherwise.

I'd like him to get a bit of that out the way here rather than getting lobbed straight into a game against Derby or Leeds away or something like that.

But should we play our best team and try for a cup run?...
A cup run?,I hear you say..!

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 10:12 - Aug 25 with 2716 viewsloftus77

Might be controverisal..but it should defo be the strongest Rangers XI tonight - and yes, that includes Austin, Phillips, Green and Luongo. A place in the 3rd Round of the League Cup and four wins in five games will set Ramsey up nicely.
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 12:37 - Aug 25 with 2646 viewspaulparker

the back four should be the same as the last couple of games
thats the area we need to work on , its important that they form partnerships and get as much game time together

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 12:53 - Aug 25 with 2351 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 23:26 - Aug 24 by ozranger

I know this has gone well past your post, but you have missed a crucial point that requires to be stated. Luongo does not get a rest over the two weeks. He is off to Perth (Australia, not Scotland) immediately after this Saturday's game for training and then another game against Bangladesh and then to Tajikistan for the second of the two WC Quals. Yes, these teams are probably worse than Yeovil, but there is still the travel, the training and the game play. So, really, he should be rested now.

Agreed - obviously i didn't mean to include internationals in that - just forgot we had any!
Mass should certainly not play.
And we should certainly play:
Kpekawa, Smithies, Doughty, Polter, JET and Gladwin without any doubt.
That first choice back 4 can work hard on their play in training, that's what training is for.

Bare bones.

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 13:01 - Aug 25 with 2337 viewspaulparker

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 12:53 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

Agreed - obviously i didn't mean to include internationals in that - just forgot we had any!
Mass should certainly not play.
And we should certainly play:
Kpekawa, Smithies, Doughty, Polter, JET and Gladwin without any doubt.
That first choice back 4 can work hard on their play in training, that's what training is for.

Training & playing are 2 diffrent things all together
you get a much more understanding as a centre back partnership by actually playing,
finding out the weaknesses, talking with each other, etc
any team that achieves anything in football have a solid back four

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 13:12 - Aug 25 with 2329 viewsPunteR

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 13:01 - Aug 25 by paulparker

you get a much more understanding as a centre back partnership by actually playing,

Do we know our first choice back four yet?
Is it.. Perch,Ned,Hall,Konchesky?

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 13:20 - Aug 25 with 2316 viewsAntti_Heinola

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 13:01 - Aug 25 by paulparker

Agree, but most defensive organisation comes from endless drilling in training. Listen to what Darren Peacock said about training with Gerry. Or see what Gerry did at Stoke and at Palace.
Matches are important of course, but one or two missing out on one cup game against lower league oppo ain't going to hurt anyone.

Bare bones.

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 13:41 - Aug 25 with 2279 viewsE17hoop

Wholesale changes tonight:
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/chris-ramsey-qpr-carlisle-united-capital-one-c

“Fortunately for me Les (Ferdinand) and the owners have given me a little bit of depth in the squad so we will need those players to play and show what they can do,”

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 14:55 - Aug 25 with 2211 viewsfrancisbowles

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 12:37 - Aug 25 by paulparker

the back four should be the same as the last couple of games
thats the area we need to work on , its important that they form partnerships and get as much game time together

They can work on it in training. We shouldn't be risking injury to Onuoha and the attacking talent tonight.
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 14:59 - Aug 25 with 2199 viewskensalriser

“At 3-0 on Saturday we probably could have made some subs but knowing that the way we are letting in two goals a game I felt it better to leave a familiar team on.”

You mean the same team that's familiar with letting in two a game?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 15:15 - Aug 25 with 2181 viewsadhoc_qpr

Leave out Faurlin for sure, i'm happy for anyone else to play though (including Austin and Phillips).

A cup run would be nice for a change, surely our players can't be so tired so early in the season we can't field a strong team at Carlisle?

I would give Poulter at least a half though.
Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 16:03 - Aug 25 with 2133 viewspaulparker

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 14:55 - Aug 25 by francisbowles

They can work on it in training. We shouldn't be risking injury to Onuoha and the attacking talent tonight.

disagree

if smithies plays he needs to get to know his defenders, our defence needs working on big time, yes training helps but being a cohesive unit comes with playing games
ned could get injured next week or the week after ,
its a cup game and a chance to progress to the next round and maybe a plum tie
at home to spurs, arsenal or chelsea

Feed the Polt and he will score (Carlisle team pred) on 16:13 - Aug 25 with 2118 viewsjohncharles

Leave Ale out tonight in view of the conditions. Pizzing down most of the day. Players will splashing and sliding all over the place. Apart from Ale though everyone else should manage okay.
A cup run would be a huge confidence booster.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024