Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ramsey to return!! 13:54 - Dec 3 with 11008 viewsbrad

chris ramsey to make a return to assist JFH!according to reports!!what do ya think of that then!!
ramsey to return!! on 15:03 - Dec 3 with 2100 viewsJonDoeman

ramsey to return!! on 15:01 - Dec 3 by daveB

doubt it's his decision, Ferdinand wanted Ramsey to stay on with the kids instead

And that would be a bad thing why ?

It Is What It Is !!

ramsey to return!! on 15:03 - Dec 3 with 2101 viewsDiscodroids

ramsey to return!! on 15:01 - Dec 3 by daveB

doubt it's his decision, Ferdinand wanted Ramsey to stay on with the kids instead

Cant les just pay for a babysitter like everyone else when he takes the Mrs out for a nice curry?.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

ramsey to return!! on 15:10 - Dec 3 with 2070 viewsfrancisbowles

ramsey to return!! on 15:01 - Dec 3 by paulparker

Yes I do im afraid

I cant think of any one footballer at the club who has improved under his coaching,
the defence was a joke, we lacked any leadership, fitness levels were poor , set pieces awful , why would we want that level of coaching back ??
also there isn't a queue of clubs either ready to snap him up , the only jobs he would get is off his mates and one them has just been sacked
its a stupid move by the club and im surprised JFH has gone for it

How about Austin, surely he plays the lone striker far better now than previously. I could also say Hall who has performed better than expected. Phillips last season, albeit he has regressed.

I have also mentioned before that improvement doesn't happen instantly. Some of the improved individual performances that we saw on Saturday, may be in part down to Ramsey.
ramsey to return!! on 15:10 - Dec 3 with 2069 viewsPunteR

ramsey to return!! on 14:48 - Dec 3 by daveB

if Ramsey has any sort of pride in himself he'd take the payoff and walk away, this would be embarrassing for him

Pride is before a fall...or something like that.
Fairplay to him if he wants to stay at Rangers in some capacity. It obviously didn't work out as head coach but academy level is probably better suited for him here.
He will struggle getting another managers job now anyway,especially after being sacked with no previous experience.
I just cant see this happening though.
Is JFH definitely going to be our manager then?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ramsey to return!! on 15:20 - Dec 3 with 2041 viewsNov77

Under Ramsey we were letting in 2 goals a game, warnock comes in and sorts our defence out, now we're going to get rid of warnock and bring ramsey back.

Even by Rangers standards of lunacy this takes some beating.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

ramsey to return!! on 15:21 - Dec 3 with 2033 viewsLblock

Can we not just place his moth eaten woolly hat atop a manikin beside the dug out with a dashing set of gnashers from the muppet puppet Teeth and leave it at that?

But seriously
A proper slap if he accepts staying on as a Yoof Coach. He does however have a fantastic track record (Harry Kane donchyaknow) at this level, but in or near the first team? Really? Could you see it? Nah.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ramsey to return!! on 15:23 - Dec 3 with 2025 viewsNW10Hoop

ramsey to return!! on 15:20 - Dec 3 by Nov77

Under Ramsey we were letting in 2 goals a game, warnock comes in and sorts our defence out, now we're going to get rid of warnock and bring ramsey back.

Erm.... The defence had tightened up towards the end of Ramsey's tenure, unfortunately it was coupled with goals drying up at the other end too.
ramsey to return!! on 15:34 - Dec 3 with 2001 viewsisawqpratwcity

Most of this thread is people thrashing themselves trying to get the same orgasm they got when he was sacked.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

ramsey to return!! on 15:37 - Dec 3 with 1986 viewsdaveB

in fairness we did stop concededing several weeks before he got the boot
ramsey to return!! on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 1982 viewsdaveB

ramsey to return!! on 15:03 - Dec 3 by JonDoeman

And that would be a bad thing why ?

Is a personal thing, If i was sacked in my role as manager at work but offered to stay on as the new boss's assistant I don't think I could do it, would rather move on and find something else.
ramsey to return!! on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 1981 viewspaulparker

ramsey to return!! on 15:34 - Dec 3 by isawqpratwcity

Most of this thread is people thrashing themselves trying to get the same orgasm they got when he was sacked.

or those cumming in there pants at the master coaches return
still clinging on that he is a brilliant youth coach , (so was paul hart btw)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ramsey to return!! on 15:43 - Dec 3 with 1959 viewsDiscodroids

ramsey to return!! on 15:38 - Dec 3 by paulparker

be fair, I hear Chris has got a soul and funk record collection with many rarities, that even Lloyd on coronation street hasnt got.

He'd be handy for the club Xmas Disco

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

ramsey to return!! on 15:45 - Dec 3 with 1947 viewsisawqpratwcity

I didn't think he was great, I was watching him. It just wasn't (imho) yet time to get rid. If his replacement is better, great. If not, you blokes can blame that on Tony and Les in your sweet, righteous indignation.

Meanwhile, carry on.

ramsey to return!! on 15:57 - Dec 3 with 1906 viewspaulparker

ramsey to return!! on 15:45 - Dec 3 by isawqpratwcity

I didn't think he was great, I was watching him. It just wasn't (imho) yet time to get rid. If his replacement is better, great. If not, you blokes can blame that on Tony and Les in your sweet, righteous indignation.

Meanwhile, carry on.

if he were a dour Yorkshire man with the personality of a toe nail clipping people wouldn't be giving two hoots about the unfair stick or the impossible mission he was given (see paul hart & mick harford)
but because he has a lovely soothing voice a radiant smile and happens to be good mates with the local legend then its an unjust sacking

the man failed, he won 9 games in 9 months, he shipped in nearly 3 goals a game
produced hoof ball dour football , and should never have been given the job in the first place, I would rather NW look after the kids than Ramsey

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

ramsey to return!! on 16:02 - Dec 3 with 1886 viewsPinnerPaul

The lies return - Ramsey's last 4 games we let in two goals!

I don't know why you are all so unhappy, just use the same arguments you were using before - if we win its down to JFH, if we lose its down to Ramsey - sorted.
ramsey to return!! on 16:09 - Dec 3 with 1732 viewsisawqpratwcity

ramsey to return!! on 15:57 - Dec 3 by paulparker

if he were a dour Yorkshire man with the personality of a toe nail clipping people wouldn't be giving two hoots about the unfair stick or the impossible mission he was given (see paul hart & mick harford)
but because he has a lovely soothing voice a radiant smile and happens to be good mates with the local legend then its an unjust sacking

the man failed, he won 9 games in 9 months, he shipped in nearly 3 goals a game
produced hoof ball dour football , and should never have been given the job in the first place, I would rather NW look after the kids than Ramsey

I don't give a f*ck about who he is or who he's mates with. I didn't give a f*ck about how many goals we shipped because we won as many as we lost and that's why we were a top half team. I did bother me when he, not Warnock, changed the play so we stopped conceding because then we also stopped scoring.

You better get back to your mates. The circle is broken.

ramsey to return!! on 16:26 - Dec 3 with 1684 viewsRBlock

It does seem to be a conscious acknowledgement of the Peter Principle, and trying to actually not let his talents go to waste which is good to see.
ramsey to return!! on 16:28 - Dec 3 with 1673 viewsJamie

And Paul Hart is now back doing a brilliant job in the youth game....

I now you seem to have some burning dislike of Ramsey as a person, but what makes you so worried about him going back to his old job for which he is highly experienced and respected?
ramsey to return!! on 16:37 - Dec 3 with 1653 viewsadhoc_qpr

ramsey to return!! on 16:09 - Dec 3 by isawqpratwcity

I don't give a f*ck about who he is or who he's mates with. I didn't give a f*ck about how many goals we shipped because we won as many as we lost and that's why we were a top half team. I did bother me when he, not Warnock, changed the play so we stopped conceding because then we also stopped scoring.

You better get back to your mates. The circle is broken.

Do you not think we've seen incremental improvements in 3 games under Warnock though?

While with Ramsey the performances were getting steadily worse and more erratic?
ramsey to return!! on 16:45 - Dec 3 with 1633 viewsNov77

ramsey to return!! on 16:02 - Dec 3 by PinnerPaul

The lies return - Ramsey's last 4 games we let in two goals!

I don't know why you are all so unhappy, just use the same arguments you were using before - if we win its down to JFH, if we lose its down to Ramsey - sorted.

Wasn't warnock here for those last four games?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

ramsey to return!! on 17:09 - Dec 3 with 1596 viewsisawqpratwcity

ramsey to return!! on 16:37 - Dec 3 by adhoc_qpr

Do you not think we've seen incremental improvements in 3 games under Warnock though?

While with Ramsey the performances were getting steadily worse and more erratic?

Some. But I don't attribute the good form of Hall, Faurlin or Hoillett to Warnock. Go back through the complaints against Ramsey and see how many of those egregious sins that enraged so many on this thread Warnock has also committed. Four points out of nine isn't a dramatic turnaround.

As I said, it bothered me most when we stopped having a leaky defence, because we also stopped having a dangerous attack. And Warnock's attacking strategies have definitely not been an improvement.

ramsey to return!! on 17:12 - Dec 3 with 1591 viewsAntti_Heinola

ramsey to return!! on 16:45 - Dec 3 by Nov77

You see this is the game of who's at fault and who's doing well.
Warnock started work, very late in the week, before a 3-0 win over MKD, after the 0-0 with Sheff Wed. If he managed to completely sort out our defence in that time, then he should be managing Man City.
Equally, Warnock's 'reign' if we count after the MKD game, has seen us score one goal in 5 games, and just one goal under his sole watch of three games. Is that his fault or Ramsey's?
It's really impossible to tell, but as usual the truth will be somewhere in the middle.
Ramsey changed his plans to make us harder to beat. Warnock came in with some fresh ideas after he left and has restored a bit of solidity and some attacking intent.
Ramsey's not utterly clueless, Warnock's not the messiah.

Bare bones.

ramsey to return!! on 17:50 - Dec 3 with 1515 viewsNW10Hoop

ramsey to return!! on 16:45 - Dec 3 by Nov77

Cool. In that case are we saying he's the reason the goals have dried up too?

Not trying to pick an argument - And even though it became more and more obvious that Ramsey wasn't gonna survive (it became inevitable after the transfer window closed and the job brief changed IMO) he's no longer in charge so I don't really get the need to continue laying into him. He tried, he treated the club with respect, and players and ex players to this day say he is a great coach. He was treated pretty badly by many supporters and undermined by his employers - If after all that, his pride can handle the step down then we should cherish the bloke or at the very least show him some respect.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 17:53]
ramsey to return!! on 19:00 - Dec 3 with 1426 viewsDoughnut

FM...thought I was following a football club not an agenda. Ramsey, who was fully appointed as manager, was crap enough to be sacked....but it would be nice if he stays around.......for old times sake, I suppose Les?
ramsey to return!! on 19:07 - Dec 3 with 1422 viewsBlackCrowe

All very odd, if true. Slight lack of dignity/pride from Ramsey coupled with a complete self-admittance that he realises he was out of his depth.

If he proves to be a good 2nd fiddle and coach then fine by me, but very odd.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024