Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? 10:43 - Feb 29 with 9264 viewsTheBlob

So when was it and who were we up against?Did it affect the result?
Probably the loudest I remember,back in the mists of time when we were pressing for the title and we played Arsenal,just shaded it.Incredible noise.

But then I'm an over - nostalgic Old Kunt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 10:45 - Feb 29 with 4832 viewsstonebridgers

Oldham play off semi final.

I was in the upper loft and it felt like the whole ground was shaking when the goal went in.

Stonebridgers

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 10:50 - Feb 29 with 4806 viewsHayesender

Oldham play off game, followed by Chelsea in the John Terry game

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 10:57 - Feb 29 with 4774 viewsNorthernr

Oldham and Chelsea, and yes it made a big difference both times. Chelsea, hilariously, blindsided and lost their sht.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 10:59 - Feb 29 with 4770 viewsLongsufferingR

Will always remember the Cup replay against Arsenal in 1990. Wind and rain lashing us even at the back of the stand but a stirring performance on the pitch and even the SAR was rocking. One of the best atmospheres I can remember. Seeing Kenny Sansom on the pitch on Saturday brought it all back again.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:03 - Feb 29 with 4750 viewsmcqpr10

Oldham

Till the day i die i will remember that atmosphere! I remember thinking we couldn't keep up this level of noise for the whole game, but we did. What a team, full of local lads, and cheap buys but boy did Ollie develop something special.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:12 - Feb 29 with 4713 viewsJuzzie

Oldham & Chelsea.

I was at the Arsenal game but don't remember how loud it was. I guess maybe the importance of both the two mentioned makes it easier to remember.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:12 - Feb 29 with 4713 viewsBoston

Oldham.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:13 - Feb 29 with 4710 viewsNorthernr

Remember it being pretty raucous after Dichio scored against Man Utd, and Mackie v Liverpool, but not for a full game.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:14 - Feb 29 with 4709 viewsToast_R

Oldham for me, in the Lower Loft, it was buzzing. Grown men of all ages crying tears of joy at full time. Never seen that since.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:32 - Feb 29 with 4651 viewsPlanetHonneywood

1. Oldham - Following on from what Stonebridge said above, I was also in the Upper Loft and it did shake noise starting a good mile from the stadium right until you left the area a few hours later. I was hoarse the next morning, couldn't talk to clients or colleagues for the day!

2. Crystal Palace (FA Cup) in the days when we didn't solely focus on getting into the Champions League at all costs, and actually tried to win domestic cup games, Clive Allen's late winner was the cue for utter mentalism which was on a par with Furlong's moment.

Other notable decibel raisers, Palace (6-0) and Wigan (semi). I was watching that Chelsea game in the wee hours on the TV in my living room in Phnom Penh. It wasn't so much the noise that came over the speakers - and it was bloody loud - it was the sheer ferocity that had me intimidated several thousand miles away. I suspect if I had been at that one, I'd be nudging it with the Oldham

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 11:56 - Feb 29 with 4587 viewswelwynranger

Oldham was the best ever but1982 v Palace 6th F A. Cup Round was special.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:02 - Feb 29 with 4575 viewsessextaxiboy

Oldham , I read somewhere that a BBC journo sitting at his desk heard a noise and couldnt work out what it was . It was us ....and Furs .
What a night .Olly and a band of brothers ......
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:08 - Feb 29 with 4549 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal in the cup, but I wasn't at either the Oldham or Chelsea games.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:18 - Feb 29 with 4516 viewsElHoop

We don't do the cups any more so it has to be Oldham.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:23 - Feb 29 with 4493 viewsPinnerPaul

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 10:57 - Feb 29 by Northernr

Oldham and Chelsea, and yes it made a big difference both times. Chelsea, hilariously, blindsided and lost their sht.

Yep agree with that.

It wasn't just Terry either, as you say, most of the team totally lost it that day.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:24 - Feb 29 with 4484 viewsYorkRanger

Probably not as loud as Oldham, but I remember an evening game when we were battling to stay up (John Gregory's regime I think). It was Preston at home and I would guess there was only about 13,000 there but we held out for a 1-0 victory and it was backs to the wall stuff. It was rocking that night.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:30 - Feb 29 with 4459 viewsSuffolkHoop

Floodlights and the pissing rain 2-1 win AET vs Wigan the year before last was the best in recent memory.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:33 - Feb 29 with 4444 viewsYorkRanger

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/40981/blackstock%E2

In response to my earlier post I found this...
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 12:35 - Feb 29 with 4437 viewsGroveR

Oldham - an emotional orgasm.

The funniest bit about the Chels** game was them winning a corner over by R block, Mata trotting towards it, realising he didn't really fancy it after all and leaving it for Lampard. I know fans of their who called that day an ambush - it was all that and more.
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:01 - Feb 29 with 4360 viewsMedwayR

Oldham & chelsea.

Noisiest reaction to a goal I can remember was probably Cisse vs Stoke.

Poll: Who’s better?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:08 - Feb 29 with 4326 viewsYorkRanger

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:01 - Feb 29 by MedwayR

Oldham & chelsea.

Noisiest reaction to a goal I can remember was probably Cisse vs Stoke.

yes re Cisse goal. Was in Ellerslie Rd that day and it went completely mental
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:12 - Feb 29 with 4311 viewsTheChef

Special mention for Wycombe in around 2001, featuring Rob Styles and a US college marching band in the lower Loft.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:18 - Feb 29 with 4294 viewsMedwayR

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:12 - Feb 29 by TheChef

Special mention for Wycombe in around 2001, featuring Rob Styles and a US college marching band in the lower Loft.

Yeah that's a good shout

Poll: Who’s better?

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:34 - Feb 29 with 4243 viewswelwynranger

One for the older fans League Cup 1967 v First division full of internationals Leicester one of the most memorable nights of my time at HQ
Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:36 - Feb 29 with 4232 viewsBasingstokeR

Loftus Road - the noisiest you remember? on 13:12 - Feb 29 by TheChef

Was that the one where he apparently sent off Jermaine McSporran (great name) for nothing other than looking slightly (and that's a leap) like Danny Senda?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024