Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter interview on offish 13:46 - Mar 10 with 4347 viewssimmo

What a guy - also raises some interesting points relating to fitness. Mentioned that Germany pre seasons are much harder than the one he had in the summer and he's a player that needs that. He said he's approaching good fitness now but he has already spoken to JFH and DO and he's looking forward to a proper pre-season in the summer that will be hard and get him at the right level.

He comes across as really humble and keen to learn/improve. On the evidence so far he can get a lot better and he's hungry, so I'll be surprised if he doesn't become a really good striker for us in this league.

I pull my hat off to him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Polter interview on offish on 14:03 - Mar 10 with 3360 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Seems like a genuine guy, someone that the old QPR loved to have, always tries and puts a shift in.
Was pathetic how much abuse he got after one or two games without scoring. Think next season he could be a good player for us

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Polter interview on offish on 14:16 - Mar 10 with 3314 viewsBlackCrowe

Have to say when you've got players saying that pre-season wasn't hard enough and so they are not fit enough makes me shake my head in despair. What was Chris Ramsey playing at - that's just basics - you don't have to be a good manager to get your players fit enough.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Polter interview on offish on 14:16 - Mar 10 with 3311 viewsNorthernr

The fitness stuff is certainly backed up by his conditioning and performance. Remembering what he looked like and played like at Newport, and what he looks like and plays like now, it's an amazing difference.

He's nicely mad, I like him.
Polter interview on offish on 14:20 - Mar 10 with 3288 viewssimmo

I think the fitness side will be hugely important. I am always surprised that management don't make that a big priroty within the squad as it stands to reason that conditioning will be a benefit during games and over the course of a season, regardless of the style of play. Agree above with Ramsey appearing to fail with pre-season but that's been an issue long before he was around.

The way JFH wants to play is synonymous with hard running and high energy, I think with a proper pre-season players can be more consistent across the whole 90mins. More reasons for optimism for next year.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Polter interview on offish on 14:21 - Mar 10 with 3275 viewsdaveB

Polter interview on offish on 14:16 - Mar 10 by BlackCrowe

Have to say when you've got players saying that pre-season wasn't hard enough and so they are not fit enough makes me shake my head in despair. What was Chris Ramsey playing at - that's just basics - you don't have to be a good manager to get your players fit enough.

Players always blame other people for not being fit enough, no excuse for them really, ridiculous how unfit footballers claim to get after just 5 weeks off
Polter interview on offish on 14:24 - Mar 10 with 3255 viewsstevec

Just the mention of the name Ramsey sends a chill down my spine. Almost an entire year wasted on that oaf.
Polter interview on offish on 14:30 - Mar 10 with 3227 viewsrunningman75

Fitness cannot just be Chris Ramsey's fault. We have had a poor dressing room culture with Arry and players such as Fer who did not look like they were putting the effort into their game. The culture now is for players to come back pre-season and have a variety of different training methods. I would personally send them all on a cross country run on return from pre-season .
Polter interview on offish on 14:33 - Mar 10 with 3208 viewsbaz_qpr

I think in one player interview it was said most of the training with Ramsey was tactical and technical and sessions were quite short
Login to get fewer ads

Polter interview on offish on 14:34 - Mar 10 with 3203 viewspaulparker

Seems to me that JFH has improved him as a player, and this is the key , the next pre season is vital JFH gets to do what he wants, none of these stupid tours that get cancelled, none of this QPR vs QPR fiasco that we had
I honestly think jimmy will improve players who want to improve , we will be more settled in the summer and players like Polter will have a big part to play
I think we will be dark horses

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Polter interview on offish on 14:49 - Mar 10 with 3147 viewsadhoc_qpr

I like Polter and his mix of the sublime and the ridiculous.

He's certainly turning into a handy championship front man, it would be good if he can get to 10 goals for the season.
Polter interview on offish on 14:53 - Mar 10 with 3133 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Just reminds me of some of the stuff in Eamon Dunphy's book "Only a game: Diary of a season" which is what it says on the label about his Millwall days in particular the 73/74.

The bit that sticks in my mind was that in pre season training sessions, the MEN refused any of the orange juice on offer during the sessions because they were MEN.

And saved up their thirst for a session down the boozer after training.
Polter interview on offish on 15:06 - Mar 10 with 3084 viewsQPRinCT

Polter interview on offish on 14:03 - Mar 10 by RANGERS4EVER

Seems like a genuine guy, someone that the old QPR loved to have, always tries and puts a shift in.
Was pathetic how much abuse he got after one or two games without scoring. Think next season he could be a good player for us

He scored the team's first goal this season.
Polter interview on offish on 15:18 - Mar 10 with 3032 viewsPlanetHonneywood

To be fair to CR, the issue of basic fitness predates him and goes back to the days of HR.

Where I do blame CR/the club however, is that this issue - which was clearly picked up by so many of us early on in the season - should have been addressed from the second HR walked out the door. Clearly, it was not and was a key reason why we under-performed from the off.

The fact that JFH/his team and the players have responded by clearly getting fitter mid-season, is a testament to them and they deserve credit for this because achieving a higher degree of fitness 'during' the season isn't easy.

I am very much in the pro-Jimmy camp and think that left to his own devices and with luck in the transfer market in terms of getting rid and bringing in, we'll see more from him. Yes we do need more consistency and be able to convert pressure into goals, but if all goes well, we'll be 12-15 points better off this time next year!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Polter interview on offish on 16:43 - Mar 10 with 2819 viewsActonOccident

Don't know if he just senses the lack of an alternative character or he's naturally inclined to it himself, but he seems to talk a lot on the pitch. Wherever he ends up long term, future captain material?
Polter interview on offish on 16:45 - Mar 10 with 2812 viewsstevec

WTF? Someone has had the audacity to down arrow me for calling Ramsey an oaf.

That knt wasted a year of my QPR life, how dare you Sir.
Polter interview on offish on 16:49 - Mar 10 with 2793 viewsdaveB

Polter interview on offish on 16:45 - Mar 10 by stevec

WTF? Someone has had the audacity to down arrow me for calling Ramsey an oaf.

That knt wasted a year of my QPR life, how dare you Sir.

He was only in charge 10 months and 3 of those we didn't play any games
Polter interview on offish on 16:59 - Mar 10 with 2755 viewsstevec

Polter interview on offish on 16:49 - Mar 10 by daveB

He was only in charge 10 months and 3 of those we didn't play any games

Started Feb 15 and it's only now JFH has begun fumigating the stench of failure from the building.

It's a year and counting in my book.
Polter interview on offish on 17:03 - Mar 10 with 2744 viewsNorthernr

Polter interview on offish on 16:59 - Mar 10 by stevec

Started Feb 15 and it's only now JFH has begun fumigating the stench of failure from the building.

Where can I get a copy of that?
Polter interview on offish on 17:20 - Mar 10 with 2698 viewsstevec

Polter interview on offish on 17:03 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Where can I get a copy of that?

I'm genuinely flattered. I should say, most of my writings on Ramsey have been serialised throughout this publication, i'm sorry if you missed them.
Polter interview on offish on 17:22 - Mar 10 with 2691 viewsPunteR

Polter interview on offish on 16:59 - Mar 10 by stevec

Does that stench of failure include Hall,Chery,Luongo, Smithies,Perch, Polter?
Ramsey is also still at the club and is a valued member of the set up at QPR by all accounts.

Get over it Stevec.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Polter interview on offish on 17:25 - Mar 10 with 2680 viewsstevec

Polter interview on offish on 17:22 - Mar 10 by PunteR

Does that stench of failure include Hall,Chery,Luongo, Smithies,Perch, Polter?
Ramsey is also still at the club and is a valued member of the set up at QPR by all accounts.

Get over it Stevec.

Oh good god, I thought he'd gone.
Polter interview on offish on 17:29 - Mar 10 with 2663 viewsPunteR

Polter interview on offish on 17:25 - Mar 10 by stevec

Oh good god, I thought he'd gone.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Polter interview on offish on 19:16 - Mar 10 with 2438 viewsLblock

Those fateful words from Les "the players also need to accept accountability for their own fitness".
That statement came when he was being pushed about his mate. It told me they knew the truth, they'd got something else wrong and still learning (c) Bungle aka unprofessional.

I refer to my previous musings on fitness and preparation for next season:-

CAN SOMEONE AT THE CLUB PLEASE SORT OUT A DECENT PRESEASON NOW!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Polter interview on offish on 19:52 - Mar 10 with 2348 viewsjohnhoop

Polter interview on offish on 19:16 - Mar 10 by Lblock

Those fateful words from Les "the players also need to accept accountability for their own fitness".
That statement came when he was being pushed about his mate. It told me they knew the truth, they'd got something else wrong and still learning (c) Bungle aka unprofessional.

I refer to my previous musings on fitness and preparation for next season:-

CAN SOMEONE AT THE CLUB PLEASE SORT OUT A DECENT PRESEASON NOW!!!!

I think we're having it at the moment.
Polter interview on offish on 21:00 - Mar 10 with 2197 viewsbosh67

The more I see Polter the more he is starting to remind me of Zamora. He won't score a shed load of goals but he will hold up, link up and chip in with a fair few. He also has the ability to draw fouls in a very Trevor Francis type way, not that Tuesday's ref saw any of that. I love his work rate and you know what, when the crowd gets behind him it visibly lifts his game even higher. His work rate is excellent. Leads the line very well. I really like his link up with Chery. It very much works and JFH needs to stick with it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024