Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565298 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 18:55 - Feb 29 with 3090 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 17:57 - Feb 29 by Ranger_Things

Shogun on Disney started well.
For folks that have Apple, Constellation, Criminal Record and Masters of the Air are worth a watch.

Shogun?

A re-make of the 1980 series?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 19:02 - Feb 29 with 3069 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 18:55 - Feb 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Shogun?

A re-make of the 1980 series?

Yep, that’s the one.

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/27/shogun-review-a-mesmerising
Half decent tv on 19:04 - Feb 29 with 3068 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 19:02 - Feb 29 by Ranger_Things

Yep, that’s the one.

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/27/shogun-review-a-mesmerising

Look forward to binging that, thanks.

Half decent tv on 21:57 - Feb 29 with 2979 viewsNed_Kennedys

Anyone else love ‘Still Game’?
Legendary Scottish sitcom, on iPlayer and Netflix.
Just watched the last episode of the 9 series, wonderful characters and the ending was quite emotional.
Half decent tv on 21:58 - Feb 29 with 2974 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 21:57 - Feb 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Just watched the last episode of the 9 series, wonderful characters and the ending was quite emotional.

Always wondered about it, but you're the first person I can remember talking about it.

You obviously love it.

Half decent tv on 09:05 - Mar 1 with 2839 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 15:06 - Feb 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I've only watched one episode but found it glum, as you;d expect from True Detective, but without the wry humour. As you say, most characters are kind of pathetic, so it's hard to have any empathy for them. I haven't been tempted to go back.

To be honest the first season of True Detective was one of the best things ever made for TV, so everything that's followed has been a fairly pale imitation.

Although I quite liked season 2 in a bizarro way. And having Rachel McAdams was a big plus.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 09:45 - Mar 1 with 2771 viewsR_from_afar

I do! I can also do a passable impression of Isa

My favourite Scottish comedy programme is "Two doors down," though, that is superb

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 12:56 - Mar 21 with 2375 viewsMrSheen

I've been watching a Netflix show called Ganglands. Very familiar in a lot of ways, but some great performances, wild action sequences on location in Brussels and Antwerp (!) and some improbable plot-twists...nothing as crazy as braining a canoeist with a rock though. The first police officer is seen about 30 deaths in.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 13:53 - Mar 21 with 2292 viewsR_from_afar

The BBC is showing this and the episodes I have watched so far, have been tremendous.

It's pretty intense and gruelling, though, you might want to watch a couple of episodes of "The Clangers," with some chamomile tea, afterwards, to cheer you up and help you relax

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 14:10 - Mar 21 with 2244 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On episode 5 of 'Wrong side of the tracks' series 3.
It's still very enjoyable with some laugh out loud moments.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 14:14 - Mar 21 with 2225 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 12:56 - Mar 21 by MrSheen

I've been watching a Netflix show called Ganglands. Very familiar in a lot of ways, but some great performances, wild action sequences on location in Brussels and Antwerp (!) and some improbable plot-twists...nothing as crazy as braining a canoeist with a rock though. The first police officer is seen about 30 deaths in.

Speaking of plodless environments, been watching The Gentlemen.

It's a fun caper and typical Guy Ritchie where everyone speaks slowly, painstakingly but very eloquently ("Well, my felonious friend, you say 'hello' and I genuinely do appreciate that, but it's put me in something of a quandary vis-a-vis a decision as to whether to return your facilitations, ergo, you can fawk right off...etc etc").

Murder, weapons and drugs are rife, as ever, but all the shenanigans are acted out in gentle time with no-one, and I mean no-one coming face-to-face with a copper.

Never one around when you need one, eh?

Half decent tv on 14:52 - Mar 21 with 2193 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 14:14 - Mar 21 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a fun caper and typical Guy Ritchie where everyone speaks slowly, painstakingly but very eloquently ("Well, my felonious friend, you say 'hello' and I genuinely do appreciate that, but it's put me in something of a quandary vis-a-vis a decision as to whether to return your facilitations, ergo, you can fawk right off...etc etc").

Murder, weapons and drugs are rife, as ever, but all the shenanigans are acted out in gentle time with no-one, and I mean no-one coming face-to-face with a copper.

I hated myself for watching that. The toffs-and-geezers shtick is so tired, but they put so much time and effort into it. I didn't recognise Joely Richardson at all, bit of a shock there.
Half decent tv on 15:07 - Mar 21 with 2174 viewsdaveB

finally got round to watching Better Call Saul, about halfway through season 5 and it's brilliant

Not really news to anyone who has seen it but absolutely hooked now and has made me want to watch Breaking Bad again
Half decent tv on 15:07 - Mar 21 with 2173 viewsHAYESBOY

If anyone likes a conspiracy, The Octopus Murders on Netflix is very good. Documentary in four parts.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 2058 viewsRanger_Things

If you like sci-fi then 3 Body Problem on Netflix is well worth a look.
Half decent tv on 23:23 - Mar 21 with 1940 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 18:29 - Mar 21 by Ranger_Things

2 eps in and I'm hooked.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 17:05 - Mar 22 with 1761 viewsrbee

Vincent, with Ray Winstone, is currently on ITV X. As good as I remembered it.

I also enjoyed The Fixer which you can find on YouTube, full episodes.
Half decent tv on 19:05 - Mar 22 with 1724 viewsQPRSteve

My all time favourite comedy. BBC never really promoted it outside Scotland.
Half decent tv on 08:00 - Mar 23 with 1585 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 18:29 - Mar 21 by Ranger_Things

On episode 4, very good thanks for the reco.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 05:21 - Mar 24 with 1415 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Half decent tv on 14:14 - Mar 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Guy Ritchie really is a bit of a one trick pony.

I've just finished it, and I find it hard not to think I'm watching bits stitched together from his previous efforts or, shamelessly knicked from other films.

Another one here for the 'Octopus Murders'.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Half decent tv on 01:04 - Mar 28 with 1149 viewsenfieldargh

Rattled thru the 6 episodes of shogun then Disney plus pushed me into Old Man which is excellent 3 episodes in

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 06:57 - Mar 28 with 1064 viewsKonk

"Ukraine: enemy in the woods" - BBC documentary consisting of interviews and helmet cam footage from a battalion of Ukrainians tasked him holding a stretch of frontline during the winter. Unbelievably intense and sobering, but well worth a watch. I couldn't cope with the cold, never mind the constant attacks and having to try and kill people.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Half decent tv on 23:46 - Mar 28 with 901 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 06:57 - Mar 28 by Konk

"Ukraine: enemy in the woods" - BBC documentary consisting of interviews and helmet cam footage from a battalion of Ukrainians tasked him holding a stretch of frontline during the winter. Unbelievably intense and sobering, but well worth a watch. I couldn't cope with the cold, never mind the constant attacks and having to try and kill people.

That’s extraordinary. Drones add an extra layer of terror to the misery of being a foot-soldier.

It’s so easy to get bored by the stalemate and turn away from the waste of lives and assets, but the resistance of the Ukrainians and the callousness of the Russians can’t be ignored.
Half decent tv on 00:20 - Mar 29 with 851 viewsSydneyRs

A bit late but I'm 3 episodes into Once upon a time in Northern Ireland. Incredible stuff. I need a bit of a break after each episode, it's a tough watch at times and gripping.

Growing up in an Irish Catholic family I know a fair bit about it but there has been stuff I wasn't aware of. First hand accounts from ex IRA and UDA members is fascinating.

Some of the scenes with the participants as children are heartbreaking. The hunger strike episode especially.
Half decent tv on 10:33 - Mar 29 with 762 viewsRanger_Things

Has anybody watched Coma on channel 5? Not groundbreaking by any stretch but I enjoyed it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024