Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558520 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 21:38 - Feb 25 with 7496 viewsLythamR

Half decent tv on 19:40 - Feb 25 by FDC

In a bizarre twist everything I watch these days seems to be in German with subtitles: Dark (brilliant), Deutschland 83 (brilliant), and most recently Babylon Berlin (also brilliant). Currently watching The Young Karl Marx, also German with subtitles and also brilliant.

Agree Deutschland 83 and more recently Bablylon Berlin were fantastic, really looking forward to the new series of Babylon which will be out next year

My extremely limited German has come on leaps and bounds

I watched Britannia, I was really looking forward to that but blimey what a load of old tosh, makes Catweazle look authentic
Half decent tv on 00:12 - Feb 26 with 7448 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 19:40 - Feb 25 by FDC

In a bizarre twist everything I watch these days seems to be in German with subtitles: Dark (brilliant), Deutschland 83 (brilliant), and most recently Babylon Berlin (also brilliant). Currently watching The Young Karl Marx, also German with subtitles and also brilliant.

I saw an interview with Raoul Peck the director of the Marx film and it looks good, particularly as it sounds as though it focuses on the relationship of Marx and Engels.

An Unusual Friendship, Franz Mehring
https://www.marxists.org/archive/mehring/1919/05/friendship.htm

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 08:56 - Feb 26 with 7391 viewstoboboly

Watched Westworld season 1 yesterday. Looks beautiful, Hopkins and Jeffrey Wright are great but that was about it.

Too bloated, confusing timelines thrown at you and trying to hard to be clever is what I got out of it. Plot adheres to certain rules until it is necessary for characters to progress the plot, then those rules are conveniently forgotten or "reprogrammed".

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Half decent tv on 19:29 - Feb 26 with 7316 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 00:12 - Feb 26 by TacticalR

I saw an interview with Raoul Peck the director of the Marx film and it looks good, particularly as it sounds as though it focuses on the relationship of Marx and Engels.

An Unusual Friendship, Franz Mehring
https://www.marxists.org/archive/mehring/1919/05/friendship.htm

Yeah it's very much about Karl and Jenny Marx and their relationship with Engels.
Half decent tv on 10:45 - Feb 28 with 7160 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Half decent tv on 19:29 - Feb 26 by FDC

Yeah it's very much about Karl and Jenny Marx and their relationship with Engels.

Found Broadwalk Empire complete box set in a charity shop the other day.

Don't have Sky, but always wanted to see this, so took a punt on it.

Great story, script, characterisation, acting, production values... absolutely love it (well, series one so far)!
Half decent tv on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 7150 viewstoboboly

Half decent tv on 10:45 - Feb 28 by Ashdown_Ranger

Great story, script, characterisation, acting, production values... absolutely love it (well, series one so far)!

Agree, very good, last series wasn't quite as good but looked like they just wanted it to have all done and dusted.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Half decent tv on 20:29 - Feb 28 with 7069 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 10:45 - Feb 28 by Ashdown_Ranger

Really liked it, except Mrs Schroeder. Time slows down, stands still, runs backwards. Still, here's a picture of Mrs Darmody.

Anyone else still bothering with Homeland? Finding it a bit of a chore.
Half decent tv on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 7064 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 20:29 - Feb 28 by MrSheen

Really liked it, except Mrs Schroeder. Time slows down, stands still, runs backwards. Still, here's a picture of Mrs Darmody.

I watched the first episode of the new series. To say it was ridiculous woukd be a gross understatement.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 08:53 - Mar 1 with 6996 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Watched the first two episodes of the new series Homelands back-to-back last night.

Have to agree, the plot is absolutely ludicrous! It's turned from something that used to have at least a degree of (apparent) realism and credibility to a comic-book caricature of itself.

I'm fully expecting Commissioner Gordon to be made Chief of Police and the President to peel off a face mask to reveal she's actually The Joker.
Half decent tv on 10:27 - Mar 1 with 6966 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 08:53 - Mar 1 by Ashdown_Ranger

Watched the first two episodes of the new series Homelands back-to-back last night.

Have to agree, the plot is absolutely ludicrous! It's turned from something that used to have at least a degree of (apparent) realism and credibility to a comic-book caricature of itself.

I'm fully expecting Commissioner Gordon to be made Chief of Police and the President to peel off a face mask to reveal she's actually The Joker.

On reflection, I agree with both of you, it's absolutely ludicrous. Watching the Brett O'Keefe character, I suspected from his wobbly accent that the actor was English, like so many of the cast so far - Brody, Estes, Quinn. His own story is as strange as the plot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Weber
Half decent tv on 11:04 - Mar 1 with 6954 viewsWrightUp5hit___

The Young Offenders, catch up on iPlayer.

Cork version of The Inbetweeners, with shades of Shameless
Half decent tv on 12:02 - Mar 1 with 6926 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 11:04 - Mar 1 by WrightUp5hit___

I saw one of those, very funny, though all the kids look about 25. The woman who plays the headmaster's wife is brilliant in an Irish prank show.
Half decent tv on 17:25 - Mar 1 with 6858 viewsstuabd

American Crime Story season 2 is great. I think it's even better than the OJ one. I'm on episode 6, but I think it's just starting on the beeb this week.

Some great episodes so far and the guy who plays Cunanan is brilliant.
Half decent tv on 18:38 - Mar 1 with 6823 viewsLblock

Half decent tv on 20:29 - Feb 28 by MrSheen

Mrs Shroeder has great tits

As she showed in Trainspotting

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 13:31 - Mar 5 with 6692 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Finished Manhunt: Unabomber yesterday. Very good.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 13:53 - Mar 5 with 6665 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 11:04 - Mar 1 by WrightUp5hit___

Watched all of those one Sunday, and then watched the film afterwards!
Half decent tv on 14:00 - Mar 5 with 6652 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:53 - Mar 5 by FDC

Watched all of those one Sunday, and then watched the film afterwards!

Didn't do it from me. Enjoyed seeing Cork sights on TV and film and it was great that it was made and that people like it but it just didn't make me laugh enough. Humour is different for every one.

Half decent tv on 14:20 - Mar 5 with 6634 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 14:00 - Mar 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't do it from me. Enjoyed seeing Cork sights on TV and film and it was great that it was made and that people like it but it just didn't make me laugh enough. Humour is different for every one.

I was pretty hung-over to be honest, so maybe susceptible to the sentimental vibe
Half decent tv on 16:01 - Mar 5 with 6597 viewssimmo

Just started "Flint" on Netflix. Documentary series where they followed the Flint police department for 2 years. This is a City with approx 100,000 people and only 98 police... In the wake of the lead poisoning scandal it's really interesting and digs a little deeper than just the crime.

Only 3 episodes in but worth a watch if you like that kind of thing...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 16:08 - Mar 5 with 6592 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 16:01 - Mar 5 by simmo

Just started "Flint" on Netflix. Documentary series where they followed the Flint police department for 2 years. This is a City with approx 100,000 people and only 98 police... In the wake of the lead poisoning scandal it's really interesting and digs a little deeper than just the crime.

Only 3 episodes in but worth a watch if you like that kind of thing...

Flint is where Michael Moore filmed 'Roger & Me'.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 16:08 - Mar 5 with 6590 viewsLblock

Currently watching Save Me on Sky Atlantic -- I'm one and a half episodes in and so far it's pretty good

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 16:28 - Mar 5 with 6575 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 16:08 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Flint is where Michael Moore filmed 'Roger & Me'.

Yeah he's from there so always references it. The closing of GM and overall depression since is obviously part of it. Like a larger version of the old working/mining towns of England, except if everyone had a gun and only the police unit was about 12 people.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 11:22 - Mar 7 with 6428 viewsisawqpratwcity

After Roller recommended it on the TV themes thread, I've had a bash at The Sandbaggers (on YouTube, thanks, Brian!). I'm seven eps in and it is very good indeed!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Half decent tv on 12:31 - Mar 7 with 6385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 11:22 - Mar 7 by isawqpratwcity

After Roller recommended it on the TV themes thread, I've had a bash at The Sandbaggers (on YouTube, thanks, Brian!). I'm seven eps in and it is very good indeed!

Good to hear. It's next on my list.

Half decent tv on 12:31 - Mar 7 with 6383 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another shout for 'Save Me' on Sky.

Harrowing beyond belief, but superb.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024