Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558224 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 06:19 - Oct 13 with 7073 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 02:40 - Oct 13 by markrtid

Great ending. Urban can do no wrong as far as Im concerned. He kept his helmet on when being Dredd.
I wish I did!

Except for his woeful accent, which vears all over the place.
Half decent tv on 08:33 - Oct 13 with 7016 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Started 'To the lake' on Netfilx i'm on Episode 6.

It's very, very good.

Polina.. 'Wow wow wow wow'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 14:06 - Oct 13 with 6949 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 17:51 - Sep 30 by R_from_afar

"Arctic Alone" has two episodes left and the poor sods trying to keep themselves alive in the frozen wilderness around the Great Slave Lake have now been eking out an existence for over two months.

I have found the combination of haunting natural beauty, half-forgotten skills and mental and physical challenges utterly compelling but I expect many would find it niche, nay boring. Hey ho.

I watched the final episode of "Arctic Alone" on Friday. There was heartbreak for one of the last two contestants when the medical team insisted that she withdraw due to frostbite in her big toes. That's what ice fishing when it's minus 30 degrees C does to you. She was actually coping pretty well, with her traps still catching snowshoe hares and the ice fishing contributing a few sizable fish. She was helicoptered out on day 89.

That left one bloke, but to get the $1m, he needed to stick it out for the full 100 days. That he duly did, but, ironically, he was having less success getting food than the afore-mentioned woman and was relying on the remains of a musk ox he had killed weeks before. At the very end of the challenge, that meant having to boil up musk ox hoof and - change channels now if you are of a sensitive disposition - chyme.

Chyme is partially digested stomach contents, in this case, the grasses the long-dead musk ox had consumed

He really earned his victory!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 16:22 - Oct 13 with 6903 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 08:10 - Oct 11 by Dorse

For sheer schlock exuberance and repeated mastery of the word 'c unt' from Karl Urban, The Boys on Amazon is hard to beat.

L ike the show but Urban's accent ruins his "cnting" for me . For absolute mastery it has to be Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast.
Half decent tv on 13:58 - Oct 24 with 6758 viewsRanger_Things

One for Metallica Hoop: Barbarians on Netflix. Only a couple of episodes in but good so far.
Half decent tv on 14:50 - Oct 28 with 6645 viewsenfieldargh

Half decent tv on 13:58 - Oct 24 by Ranger_Things

One for Metallica Hoop: Barbarians on Netflix. Only a couple of episodes in but good so far.

yes rattled through this and Metalica will defo fall in love with Jeanne Goursaud.

Felt like watching carrying on when Barbet scored; polished the last 2 eps of after the game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 12:08 - Oct 29 with 6557 viewssimmo

The Mandalorian season 2 is here tomorrow (Friday) - well worth a look if you haven't already, especially if you're a sci-fi / star wars fan - it's brilliant.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 13:48 - Nov 7 with 6436 viewsPhildo

Just finished The Queens Gambit on Netflix and it is excellent
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 15:28 - Nov 7 with 6390 viewsKonk

Half decent tv on 13:48 - Nov 7 by Phildo

Just finished The Queens Gambit on Netflix and it is excellent

Yep, finished that last night and thought it was superb. Well worth a watch.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Half decent tv on 17:03 - Nov 7 with 6358 viewsTacticalR

Another vote for The Queens Gambit.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 21:09 - Nov 8 with 6274 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 12:08 - Oct 29 by simmo

The Mandalorian season 2 is here tomorrow (Friday) - well worth a look if you haven't already, especially if you're a sci-fi / star wars fan - it's brilliant.

I planned to wait until the series had run and then binge but caved. First 2 eps definitely up to the standard of series 1.

Perdida on Netflix. Spanish with English subtitles. Very good.
Half decent tv on 08:07 - Nov 17 with 6114 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Coming in Jan 2021. (unless you look online) Something to look forward too.

Ooooh lala.

Half decent tv on 09:28 - Nov 17 with 6076 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 08:07 - Nov 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Ooooh lala.

Helas!

I was looking around for a bit of Spiral and I see it's now on sale on Amazon Prime at about £8 a series. Being too mean for that, I have been watching a Netflix series called Le Bazar de la Charite (English title The Bonfire of Destiny) starring the great Audrey. It's based on a disastrous fire at a charity ball in 1897 Paris, and it's very enjoyable rubbish, a mash-up of Downton Abbey, Les Miserables and Titanic, but much less subtle than any of them. The plot is at the same time ingenious and laughable, but it looks great. Audrey is looking painfully thin these days, but there's a bogglingly lovely character played by (it says here) a French pop singer called Camille Lou, so I'm sticking with it.

Half decent tv on 11:42 - Nov 17 with 6028 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 09:28 - Nov 17 by MrSheen

Helas!

I was looking around for a bit of Spiral and I see it's now on sale on Amazon Prime at about £8 a series. Being too mean for that, I have been watching a Netflix series called Le Bazar de la Charite (English title The Bonfire of Destiny) starring the great Audrey. It's based on a disastrous fire at a charity ball in 1897 Paris, and it's very enjoyable rubbish, a mash-up of Downton Abbey, Les Miserables and Titanic, but much less subtle than any of them. The plot is at the same time ingenious and laughable, but it looks great. Audrey is looking painfully thin these days, but there's a bogglingly lovely character played by (it says here) a French pop singer called Camille Lou, so I'm sticking with it.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Half decent tv on 12:48 - Nov 17 with 5984 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 08:07 - Nov 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Ooooh lala.

Thanks for posting, that will be worth watching. I have only seen one series but it was excellent.

For any scholars of the French language, the dialogue the elderly judge uses is just wonderful. He is full of mordant but grammatically perfect quips.

Bring it on!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 13:14 - Nov 17 with 5966 viewsderbyhoop

Watched the first 7 series at least twice. My French is still not good enough to bypass the sub titles.

Not a big fan of Audrey Fleurot but I do like Carolien Proust. And Philip Duclos as le juge is always entertaining.

In fact, I'll give a big push for a lot of the Euro dramas from BBC4. The Bridge, Borgen both 2 other excellent choices.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Half decent tv on 21:38 - Nov 17 with 5915 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not sure if it was a first showing but there was an excellent documentary about Ronnie Scott's on BBC4 last night (now on iPlayer).

Some great footage throughout with multi-instrumentalist Blind Roland Kirk (and I mean multi-instruments all at once!) and Buddy Rich on drums the stand out for me.

It's not all about the Jazz but as much a story of post-war London. Mobsters, friendship, money and depression.

I've never been personally but hope to spend a Tuesday afternoon there one day.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 9:06]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 21:52 - Nov 17 with 5903 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 13:14 - Nov 17 by derbyhoop

Watched the first 7 series at least twice. My French is still not good enough to bypass the sub titles.

Not a big fan of Audrey Fleurot but I do like Carolien Proust. And Philip Duclos as le juge is always entertaining.

In fact, I'll give a big push for a lot of the Euro dramas from BBC4. The Bridge, Borgen both 2 other excellent choices.

Oh I'm the opposite. great series and Audrey.....my word.
Half decent tv on 20:47 - Nov 19 with 5718 viewsToast_R

Been binging on This is Us on Prime. Very well put together series. Great acting.
Half decent tv on 08:05 - Nov 20 with 5609 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 13:14 - Nov 17 by derbyhoop

Agree on the Caroline/Audrey thing.
Also I thought that the recently finished “DNA” by the writers of “The Killing” in BBC4’s Saturday evening foreign import slot was very good. And ‘The Twelve”, a Belgian whodunnit about a jury trial on C4’s “Walter Presents” was very intriguing as well.
Half decent tv on 10:20 - Nov 20 with 5559 viewsMick_S

I'm jumping the gun somewhat here, but this looks like it needs to be watched:

I believe it is available on Curzon Home Cinema. (not 100% on that).

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Half decent tv on 10:48 - Nov 20 with 5523 views2Thomas2Bowles

Half decent tv on 11:07 - Sep 18 by MrSheen

Apologies if it's been mentioned already, but I found a German film from 2018 on Prime called The Captain last night. It's very long (4 hours) so I've only seen half of it so far. It's brilliantly made (helped by black and white filming) but very unpleasant. A young deserter on the collapsing Western Front in April 1945 finds an officer's uniform and convinces people he's Hitler's personal emissary. You probably won't enjoy it, but it's well worth trying - I thought I'd give it ten minutes and two hours flew by.

EDIT - 2 hours, not four. Oddly, once it finishes, they show it again.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:07]

Watched it last night, not bad. somewhat crazy.. just kill everyone.

Strange how it starts again.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 13:23 - Nov 20 with 5469 viewsSydneyRs

Queens Gambit - superb. And I know very little about Chess.

Could watch the lead actress all day, mesmerizing.
Half decent tv on 00:19 - Nov 21 with 5392 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 13:23 - Nov 20 by SydneyRs

Queens Gambit - superb. And I know very little about Chess.

Could watch the lead actress all day, mesmerizing.

I saw a couple tonight. It’s not bad by any means, but nothing special so far. No surprises yet.
Half decent tv on 00:39 - Nov 21 with 5381 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 00:19 - Nov 21 by MrSheen

I saw a couple tonight. It’s not bad by any means, but nothing special so far. No surprises yet.

Mr Sheen (off topic) Have you watched Dr Mark Felton on youtube?

If not enjoy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024