Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 561838 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 21:31 - Jun 8 with 5826 viewsKonk

Anyone else watched 'Time', the new Jimmy McGovern series on the BBC? Fantastic telly, but pretty fu cking bleak. Stephen Graham and Sean Bean are excellent, as are the rest of the cast. Don't go to prison, kids.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Half decent tv on 14:10 - Jun 9 with 5677 viewsdaveB

Another vote for Mare of Eastown, started watching on Sunday and just finished it, thought it was utterly brilliant.
Half decent tv on 16:16 - Jun 9 with 5609 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 21:31 - Jun 8 by Konk

Anyone else watched 'Time', the new Jimmy McGovern series on the BBC? Fantastic telly, but pretty fu cking bleak. Stephen Graham and Sean Bean are excellent, as are the rest of the cast. Don't go to prison, kids.

No, look forward to that. Looks great.

Thanks Konk.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 16:52 - Jun 9 with 5585 viewsMaggsinho

Half decent tv on 21:31 - Jun 8 by Konk

Yes, we finished it last night, like you say bleak as f**k but absolutely terrific acting all the way through.
Half decent tv on 20:59 - Jun 9 with 5491 viewsKonk

Half decent tv on 16:52 - Jun 9 by Maggsinho

Yes, we finished it last night, like you say bleak as f**k but absolutely terrific acting all the way through.

I had to stop halfway through the third episode and go for a mini-milk in the garden*. It was proper stressing me out. Really strong telly. Stephen Graham has developed into such good actor in British stuff - he was amazing in The Virtues.

*This is not a euphemism - I went and sat outside with a plain mini-milk.

Give it a whirl, Brian; powerful TV.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Half decent tv on 09:50 - Jun 10 with 5408 viewsNorthantsHoop

Just recently discovered Inside No.9, weirdly watchable and sometimes slightly disturbing, working my way through the earlier series on iplayer.
Half decent tv on 13:45 - Jun 10 with 5335 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 20:59 - Jun 9 by Konk

I had to stop halfway through the third episode and go for a mini-milk in the garden*. It was proper stressing me out. Really strong telly. Stephen Graham has developed into such good actor in British stuff - he was amazing in The Virtues.

The trailer made it look like a really tough watch but I decided to persevere with the first episode because it still looked compelling and because I am the son of a prison officer (who worked in the works/engineering department, not on the discipline side) so I was interested to see what the big house is actually like. The first episode was excellent, if harrowing.

I recorded "I am Francesco Totti" (Sky Documentary) and have watched the first few minutes. It was good stuff, with Totti talking the viewer through video footage of his career. There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff and videos of youth games and so on, a lot of it shot by his brother. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to watching the whole thing this weekend.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 09:55 - Jun 12 with 5209 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Half decent tv on 20:59 - Jun 9 by Konk

Thanks for the tip - we watched the first two last night. Christ it’s tense, isn’t it? Stephen Graham and Sean Bean, of all people, are superb in it.
I suppose I’d better get some mini-milks in for tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:20 - Jun 13 with 5102 viewsrsonist

Okay I am really quite cross at everyone in the world about suckering me into The Meh of Easttown. Is wrapping a VERY mediocre lazy suspense in an episode of Party of Five all it takes these days...? Never mind the absolutely gaping Damon Lindelof style misdirection plot holes FFS.

Boooooooooooooooooo.
Half decent tv on 21:28 - Jun 13 with 5097 viewsRanger_Things

Lupin part 2 on Netflix.

Mosquito Coast on Apple.
Half decent tv on 00:08 - Jun 14 with 5046 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 09:50 - Jun 10 by NorthantsHoop

Just recently discovered Inside No.9, weirdly watchable and sometimes slightly disturbing, working my way through the earlier series on iplayer.

Isn't it great.
Half decent tv on 08:23 - Jun 14 with 4990 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 21:28 - Jun 13 by Ranger_Things

Lupin part 2 on Netflix.

Mosquito Coast on Apple.

Ah brilliant I didn't know Lupin was back. Cheers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 12:06 - Jun 20 with 4824 viewsRanger_Things

A few years late to the party but I'm just tucking into the second series of Goliath on Prime. Plots are great and Billy Bob Thornton is excellent in it.
Half decent tv on 12:13 - Jun 20 with 4816 viewsRamseyR

Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime

Jeremy Clarkson decided to become more involved in the running of his farm, after the fella that used to do it retired.
Very good. Entertaining, heartwarming as well as informative. Some great characters.
Half decent tv on 23:06 - Jun 30 with 4613 viewsRanger_Things

Bosch season 7 on Prime.
Half decent tv on 23:21 - Jun 30 with 4585 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 22:12 - May 10 by Ranger_Things

A few episodes into Giri/Haji and it's very good so far. I missed it when it was on the Beeb last year but now showing on Netflix.

Two episodes in and loving this.

Thanks R_T.

Half decent tv on 23:58 - Jun 30 with 4549 viewsMrSheen

Any of you Irish Lads seen Sophie -A Murder In West Cork (Netflix) yet? I imagine you know the case backwards. I was over a couple of years ago during the French hearings and thought it sounded unjust, but the more you see of him…by the way, was that the court where Josephine used to hang out in Spiral?

I’m quite enjoying Clarkson’s Farm, to my surprise. Never been able to watch him for more than 10 minutes as cars bore me shyteless, and I can imagine it infuriating people that he can act the eejit and still make more out of farming than any of the locals. Still, the second episode with the sheep was highly entertaining and took me back to when my parents took it up when they went back to Ireland.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 0:00]
Half decent tv on 04:36 - Jul 1 with 4475 viewsOutWestR

Half decent tv on 23:21 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Two episodes in and loving this.

Thanks R_T.

There’s something unexpected in the last episode. I won’t say what it is, but I’ll be interested to hear what you thought when you’ve seen it.
Half decent tv on 06:56 - Jul 1 with 4450 viewstraininvain

It’s not strictly tv but the trailer for the Sopranos film looks promising:
Half decent tv on 07:58 - Jul 1 with 4428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 23:58 - Jun 30 by MrSheen

Any of you Irish Lads seen Sophie -A Murder In West Cork (Netflix) yet? I imagine you know the case backwards. I was over a couple of years ago during the French hearings and thought it sounded unjust, but the more you see of him…by the way, was that the court where Josephine used to hang out in Spiral?

I’m quite enjoying Clarkson’s Farm, to my surprise. Never been able to watch him for more than 10 minutes as cars bore me shyteless, and I can imagine it infuriating people that he can act the eejit and still make more out of farming than any of the locals. Still, the second episode with the sheep was highly entertaining and took me back to when my parents took it up when they went back to Ireland.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 0:00]

Sophie - Not for me, and I actually don't know much about the case. murder stories don't do it for me, really.

Clarkson's Farm - quite enjoyed the first couple of episodes but the false cliffhangers just got to me. It's basically 'Top Sheep' with every ten minutes a dramatic announcement that "Things. Were About. To Get. Much. Worse". But they never really do.

Half decent tv on 09:48 - Jul 1 with 4365 viewsChrisNW6

Black Summer low budget Zombie series on Netflix plot jumps around a bit but enough suspense to keep you watching. Also ploughing through Orphan Black which is pretty good and worth a binge.
Half decent tv on 09:58 - Jul 1 with 4344 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 09:48 - Jul 1 by ChrisNW6

Black Summer low budget Zombie series on Netflix plot jumps around a bit but enough suspense to keep you watching. Also ploughing through Orphan Black which is pretty good and worth a binge.

I’m halfway through 2nd series of Black Summer, also enjoying it.
Half decent tv on 10:09 - Jul 1 with 4328 viewsTheChef

Probably incredibly late to the party, but ploughing our way through the Taskmaster series is a lot of fun.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 08:29 - Jul 12 with 4124 viewsRanger_Things

Season 3 of Mayans M.C. on iPlayer.
Half decent tv on 10:04 - Jul 12 with 4070 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I really enjoyed Lupin. Enjoyable heist nonsense but very well done and written.

The Witcher is back in Dec apparently. I cannot wait I loved the books.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024