Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547538 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 5421 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 23:45 - Nov 11 by Toast_R

Just finished Maid on Netflix. Brilliant series and one you can watch with the Mrs and both be hooked on. Andi MacDowell and her real life daughter playing her daughter.

Thanks for the tip, Just finished watching this and not to give anything away but this was very moving and I'm left feeling like I want/need to be a better father and son after watching it.
Half decent tv on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 5389 viewsdaveB

True Story on Netflix was pretty good. I don't usually like Kevin Hart but thought he was really good in it

Afterlife series 3 starts in a few weeks as well.

On terrestrial there is a 4 part drama called Anne starting on Sunday which is very good. All about Hillsborough disaster
Half decent tv on 23:31 - Jan 1 with 5225 viewsRanger_Things

The Girl From Oslo on Netflix. Israeli show, dubbing is a bit shit, the 2 leading female characters frustrating as f uck but I still found it properly gripping. Probably better with just subtitles.
For the Star Wars crew, Boba Fett first episode shows promise. I’ve mentioned before but Dopesick and Reservation Dogs are both brilliant. Also really enjoyed Swagger on Apple and Expanse new series (Amazon) is as good as ever.

EDIT: Oh and The Rescue on Disney, a documentary about the 12 boys and their coach stuck in the cave in Thailand.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 23:51]
Half decent tv on 01:01 - Jan 2 with 5155 viewsPunteR

A few years old now I think but True Detective season 3 got the series back on track after the shambolic season 2.
I actually watched season 2 after 3 on the basis that season 1 was superb, season 3 was also good so I thought I'd give 2 another go as I couldn't get into it at first. Truly awful. Vince Vaughan is terrible and miscast but literally everything was abysmal. Really bad. Actually I'm really p 'd off about it. Paid £16 . Tsk.. Anyway.. season 3 is good.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 12:18 - Jan 2 with 4987 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 01:01 - Jan 2 by PunteR

A few years old now I think but True Detective season 3 got the series back on track after the shambolic season 2.
I actually watched season 2 after 3 on the basis that season 1 was superb, season 3 was also good so I thought I'd give 2 another go as I couldn't get into it at first. Truly awful. Vince Vaughan is terrible and miscast but literally everything was abysmal. Really bad. Actually I'm really p 'd off about it. Paid £16 . Tsk.. Anyway.. season 3 is good.

I'm in the minority here as I quite liked it. I also think Cars was one of Pixar's best (when I had to watch every animated movie with the kids, honest guv, they made me do it!) which is also regard as not all that.

Another upvote for Dopesick. There's just so many of these films/series now that you just become numb to it. I've recently finished series 1 of Goliath, there's another one and Dark Waters another example just to name two.

*I should add that Goliath is fiction and the others are based on true stories...apart from Cars.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 12:22]
Half decent tv on 12:59 - Jan 2 with 4943 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 12:18 - Jan 2 by GaryT

I'm in the minority here as I quite liked it. I also think Cars was one of Pixar's best (when I had to watch every animated movie with the kids, honest guv, they made me do it!) which is also regard as not all that.

Another upvote for Dopesick. There's just so many of these films/series now that you just become numb to it. I've recently finished series 1 of Goliath, there's another one and Dark Waters another example just to name two.

*I should add that Goliath is fiction and the others are based on true stories...apart from Cars.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 12:22]

Goliath is excellent and the last series he was up against big pharma.

I
Half decent tv on 09:46 - Jan 5 with 4795 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm enjoying the new Expanse but I'm a bit confused as Laconia is supposed to be 30 years in the future and not like it is now (in the books)

Maybe they are just prepping for future series to make more sense, or cannot be arsed to age all the characters every episode.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 4727 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 01:01 - Jan 2 by PunteR

TD season 1 was just immense, one of the best things on TV ever I reckon; season 3 was pretty good but somehow a bit run of the mill in comparison.

I need to watch season 2 again which was a bit nutso but had one of the best TV shoot outs I can remember. And of course the lovely Rachel McAdams.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 10:59 - Jan 5 with 4694 viewsWatfordR

Just finished watching The Tourist on BBC. A bit Tarantino in style, and I'm not sure it will be everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it.
Half decent tv on 13:09 - Jan 5 with 4613 viewsRanger_Things

New Dexter is great. Has definitely made up for the crappy ending back in the day.
Half decent tv on 09:46 - Jan 21 with 4293 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Ozark is back tonight, Fcknuggets.

[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 9:47]
Half decent tv on 09:51 - Jan 21 with 4270 viewsAntti_Heinola

Another vote for The Tourist, which is fun, but possibly would've been better as a 2 hour movie.
Now watching The North Water on iplayer, sorry if Spackman, but this is proper quality drama. Stephen Graham great, of course, but v surprising turn from Colin Farrell.

Bare bones.

Half decent tv on 10:09 - Jan 21 with 4223 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 09:51 - Jan 21 by Antti_Heinola

Another vote for The Tourist, which is fun, but possibly would've been better as a 2 hour movie.
Now watching The North Water on iplayer, sorry if Spackman, but this is proper quality drama. Stephen Graham great, of course, but v surprising turn from Colin Farrell.

First I'd heard of 'The North Water'. Thanks Antti. I see Jack O'Connell is in it as well. Fine actor.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 10:50 - Jan 21 with 4172 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 09:46 - Jan 21 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Ozark is back tonight, Fcknuggets.

[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 9:47]

Nice. Still need to get through season 3.

Another one we've just started, albeit late to the party, is After Life which is great.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 08:17 - Jan 22 with 3993 viewsjohnhoop

Have got a free trial of Apple TV with new iPad. How do people on here feel about whether Ted Lasso is worth watching?
Half decent tv on 09:28 - Jan 22 with 3946 viewsWoog

'Undercover' on Netflix.
3 series, each excellent. The character development out with the action is top notch imho.
Half decent tv on 10:05 - Jan 22 with 3909 viewsMrSheen

A few years late, but I’ve started watching Yellowstone (not streamed, had to buy a box set). Corny and over the top in many ways - it’s been described as The Godfather on horses - but subtle and balanced in others, I’m hooked. Not funny like Succession, but has similarities in plot, and it looks great.
Half decent tv on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 3891 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 08:17 - Jan 22 by johnhoop

Have got a free trial of Apple TV with new iPad. How do people on here feel about whether Ted Lasso is worth watching?

Love it.
Silly, but warm and funny.

Half decent tv on 10:27 - Jan 22 with 3874 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 10:19 - Jan 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Love it.
Silly, but warm and funny.

Thanks Brian. Does it “get” British football?
Half decent tv on 10:33 - Jan 22 with 3861 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 10:50 - Jan 21 by TheChef

Nice. Still need to get through season 3.

Another one we've just started, albeit late to the party, is After Life which is great.

I really like After life but the Ratty and nonce characters are awful. Totally unnecessary. I'm also enjoying Red election.
Half decent tv on 19:29 - Jan 22 with 3772 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 10:27 - Jan 22 by johnhoop

Yep, thought I’d hate it but was pleasantly surprised. Decent programme.
Half decent tv on 20:09 - Jan 22 with 3737 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 10:27 - Jan 22 by johnhoop

Yes, in a very weird way!

Half decent tv on 20:43 - Jan 22 with 3698 viewsChrisNW6

Just finished Gomorrah Season 5 which will be the final season. Amazing series about the Naples mafia and street gangs, well worth a binge.
Half decent tv on 21:06 - Jan 22 with 3686 viewsMick_S

Rangers.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Half decent tv on 22:05 - Jan 22 with 3633 viewsMelakaRanger

Justified. Amazon Prime. Brilliant
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024