Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547118 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 11:39 - May 5 with 5537 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 11:22 - May 5 by dermyqpr

According to the search facility this has not been mentioned. The Bureau. 5 seasons all told (2015-2020). Seen the first series and just started season 2. Basically France's version of their CIA. Spies. Plots. Enjoyable.

Not to mention Buddy Garrity, Secret Agent!
[Post edited 5 May 2022 11:39]
Half decent tv on 12:48 - May 5 with 5477 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 16:02 - May 3 by TacticalR

I have a feeling there is less to it than meets the eye, but that could be said about a lot of Amazon/Netflix production.

I still have no idea where these companies find the budgets and time to churn out all these programmes. There's just too much stuff!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 14:21 - May 5 with 5373 viewsjohnhoop

According to the search facility this has not been mentioned. The Bureau. 5 seasons all told (2015-2020). Seen the first series and just started season 2. Basically France's version of their CIA. Spies. Plots. Enjoyable.

Pretty sure I mentioned the Bureau a couple of years ago as I thought it was one of the best series ever made. If you’re only on the second series I’d better not give anything away but I’d be interested if you (or anyone else who’s seen it) had a similar reaction to me about the way it ended when you get to the end of series 5.
Half decent tv on 14:25 - May 5 with 5368 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On Series 3 of Goliath and I love it. Real Noir Detective stuff. Thornton is excellent, great back-up cast. Cracking photography.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 20:59 - May 6 with 5185 viewsRanger_Things

Goliath was very good. The new Bosch spin-off looks decent, also looking forward to new series of Tehran.
Half decent tv on 21:07 - May 6 with 5161 viewsHAYESBOY

Outer Range with Josh Brolin on Amazon is good so far.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 22:21 - May 6 with 5120 viewsLblock

Half decent tv on 21:41 - Apr 26 by Toast_R

Watched that and quite enjoyed it. Good to see Josette Simon of Blakes 7 still going strong at 60 odd. Stole the show.

She is quality

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 22:25 - May 6 with 5120 viewsLblock

You can’t mean the original The Bureau?!?!?

Chris Morris…. Absolute genius and decades ahead of his time

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 22:18 - May 11 with 4942 viewsRanger_Things

Finished watching Ozark, obviously ‘no spoilers’ but I was hoping for a different ending. Still a fantastic series though.
Half decent tv on 22:24 - May 11 with 4932 viewsnix

Half decent tv on 14:21 - May 5 by johnhoop

Pretty sure I mentioned the Bureau a couple of years ago as I thought it was one of the best series ever made. If you’re only on the second series I’d better not give anything away but I’d be interested if you (or anyone else who’s seen it) had a similar reaction to me about the way it ended when you get to the end of series 5.

How did you watch series 3-5 as they weren't on Netflix?
Half decent tv on 22:46 - May 11 with 4901 viewslarsricchi

Half decent tv on 22:18 - May 11 by Ranger_Things

Finished watching Ozark, obviously ‘no spoilers’ but I was hoping for a different ending. Still a fantastic series though.

Yep. Didn't destroy my opinion of the entire run but I was not a fan of the finale.

I've moved on to watching Julia Garner (Ruth) in "Inventing Anna." Not sure what to think of that one, two episodes in.
Half decent tv on 23:43 - May 11 with 4825 viewsLblock

The Staircase has been pretty good so far, two episodes in.

We sat there saying “that fella really looks like Colin Firth” only to find out there’s a good reason for that…….doh!

Half decent tv on 02:52 - May 12 with 4749 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 22:24 - May 11 by nix

How did you watch series 3-5 as they weren't on Netflix?

We watched all of it on Amazon, which I believe it’s still on, when we had free trial periods a few years ago. The only annoying thing was that you had to take out an additional subscription of about six or seven pounds for the month to something called Sundance TV in order to get access to it.
It was definitely worth it though and if you haven’t used Amazon much there’s some other really good series on it, like The Expanse, Bosch and Goliath.
Half decent tv on 08:05 - May 12 with 4625 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I enjoyed this as I work on Fleet. Maybe a quick bite for lunch time.

Alice Loxton may well be the new Prof Alice Roberts.

[Post edited 12 May 2022 8:07]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 08:22 - May 12 with 4584 viewsstevec

Half decent tv on 22:18 - May 11 by Ranger_Things

Ozark was fantastic throughout. Is that it for good?
Half decent tv on 08:45 - May 12 with 4557 viewsEastR

Half decent tv on 22:46 - May 11 by larsricchi

Yep. Didn't destroy my opinion of the entire run but I was not a fan of the finale.

I've moved on to watching Julia Garner (Ruth) in "Inventing Anna." Not sure what to think of that one, two episodes in.

final episode of Ozark for me this evening - I hope the ending lives up to the rest

Gave up on that Inventing Anna - she was brilliant in Ozark but not that other character, her accent was all over the place

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Half decent tv on 11:57 - May 12 with 4464 viewstoboboly

Half decent tv on 14:25 - May 5 by BrianMcCarthy

On Series 3 of Goliath and I love it. Real Noir Detective stuff. Thornton is excellent, great back-up cast. Cracking photography.

Thought the first two series were great then it just got lost somewhere.

Not sure if mentioned but Bosch was pretty good.

Currently into Grace on ITV, John Sim is very good.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Half decent tv on 14:17 - May 12 with 4371 viewsdermyqpr

Half decent tv on 02:52 - May 12 by johnhoop

We watched all of it on Amazon, which I believe it’s still on, when we had free trial periods a few years ago. The only annoying thing was that you had to take out an additional subscription of about six or seven pounds for the month to something called Sundance TV in order to get access to it.
It was definitely worth it though and if you haven’t used Amazon much there’s some other really good series on it, like The Expanse, Bosch and Goliath.

So did you guys stay together.
Dying to know.
Half decent tv on 15:21 - May 12 with 4295 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 08:22 - May 12 by stevec

Ozark was fantastic throughout. Is that it for good?

There may be a spin-off but that’s it for Ozark.
Half decent tv on 19:01 - May 12 with 4191 viewslightwaterhoop

I enjoyed Ozark but found the way it slavishly copied Breaking Bad a bit annoying at times.The actors apart from the lady who plays Wendy were nowhere near as good as the cast of BB and the writing was not as good but it was still better than most TV series at the present time.
Half decent tv on 00:15 - May 13 with 4065 viewsLythamR

Half decent tv on 19:01 - May 12 by lightwaterhoop

I enjoyed Ozark but found the way it slavishly copied Breaking Bad a bit annoying at times.The actors apart from the lady who plays Wendy were nowhere near as good as the cast of BB and the writing was not as good but it was still better than most TV series at the present time.

I really liked the first couple of series of Ozark and i enjoyed series 3 and 4 but i became less engaged with it and the characters as it progressed

I also dont like seeing John Boy Walton as a grumpy old nutcase, its not right, same goes for the Fonz in Barry
Half decent tv on 01:55 - May 13 with 4015 viewsnix

Half decent tv on 02:52 - May 12 by johnhoop

Thanks! I might sign up for the Sundance thing.
Half decent tv on 20:37 - May 15 with 3759 viewsRanger_Things

The King of Warsaw on 4. It’s in Polish with English subtitles but don’t let that put you off, it’s very good.
Half decent tv on 16:36 - May 16 with 3595 viewsEsox_Lucius

I started binge watching Pretty Hard Cases yesterday. S01 E01 was a bit meh but stick with it as it has become a very decent watch. There are 2 series' AFAIK.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 17:20 - May 16 with 3569 viewsMrSheen

Has anyone else stuck with Gentleman Jack? The first series was cracking entertainment, but the second is a bit of a mess. Miss Walker is a bore, Suranne Jones's gurning and hand-waving are getting on my nerves, and the story seems all jumbled up: sub-plots, some interesting, others not, are chucked in and then abandoned...canals and railways, debts, pig-man, cousins and aunts, romping servants...and its hard to remember who everyone is and what they did before. Worst of all, they seem to have a two-minutes-an-episode cap on Gemma Whelan, which is a shocking waste, she's the best thing in it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024