Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565204 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 13:33 - Nov 1 with 5352 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 17:49 - Oct 6 by R_from_afar

"Am I being unreasonable?" on the BBC has been good so far. The scene when the neighbour thought they had found the main character's lost cat was hilarious

Mrs R from Afar and I watched the last episode of the current series the other day. The Mrs, who is much better read than I am, informed me that the programme uses the "unreliable narrator" plot device. I'd never heard that term so I have learned something. There is definitely a "Memento" aspect to the flashbacks, it's very cleverly done.

The would-be feminist comic in the programme (her description of herself) had some wicked jokes, like this one:

What's the difference between a golf ball and a cl1toris?

You can actually get a man to look for a golf ball

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 09:14 - Nov 2 with 5211 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 21:44 - Oct 31 by distortR

thought it was really good, very moving, unsubtle but exasperating juxtaposition between the generals and troops.
The forgotten battle is another good war film on netflix.
Can recommend the Danish film land of Mine, a well.

1944 if it's still on Amazon/Netflix is good too it's about the Estonian SS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1944_(film)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 21:23 - Nov 3 with 5087 viewssilverbirch

Another thumbs up for The Peripheral. Episode one is great.
Thanks to whoever mentioned it on here.
Half decent tv on 13:48 - Nov 6 with 4944 viewsMrSheen

Not TV, but…
To cheer myself up after yesterday’s game I made a rare trip to the cinema to see the Banshees of Inisherin. Absolutely first class, the writing, the location filming, the performances from top to bottom. Amazing mixture of fairy tale, farce and tragedy (it’s not a documentary and doesn’t pretend to be realistic). Do yourself a favour and see it.
Half decent tv on 08:08 - Nov 7 with 4812 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 13:48 - Nov 6 by MrSheen

Not TV, but…
To cheer myself up after yesterday’s game I made a rare trip to the cinema to see the Banshees of Inisherin. Absolutely first class, the writing, the location filming, the performances from top to bottom. Amazing mixture of fairy tale, farce and tragedy (it’s not a documentary and doesn’t pretend to be realistic). Do yourself a favour and see it.

Yep saw that Friday night and thought it was fantastic
Half decent tv on 08:09 - Nov 7 with 4799 viewsdistortR

Not TV, but…

yeah, but, the banshees are nothing without siouxsie
Half decent tv on 14:01 - Nov 9 with 4612 viewsSonofpugwash

They've started doing welcome reruns of Little House On The Prairie.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 21:42 - Nov 14 with 4469 viewstraininvain

FIFA documentary on Netflix. Decades of corruption documented. Biggest bunch of crooks in the world and they’ve done it all in plain sight.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 21:46 - Nov 14 with 4454 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 21:42 - Nov 14 by traininvain

FIFA documentary on Netflix. Decades of corruption documented. Biggest bunch of crooks in the world and they’ve done it all in plain sight.

Literally embarking on it now. Worth it or nah?
Half decent tv on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 4448 viewsdistortR

Half decent tv on 14:01 - Nov 9 by Sonofpugwash

They've started doing welcome reruns of Little House On The Prairie.

Read the books to my kids, loved them, some real life lessons about simplicity.
Half decent tv on 21:54 - Nov 14 with 4442 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 21:46 - Nov 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Literally embarking on it now. Worth it or nah?

Two episodes in and well worth it. Eye opening.
Half decent tv on 13:58 - Nov 15 with 4233 viewsR_from_afar

The first episode of "The English," a Western on the BBC, was very good. The dialogue was very clever.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 14:01 - Nov 15 with 4230 viewsPaddyhoops

Half decent tv on 21:54 - Nov 14 by traininvain

Two episodes in and well worth it. Eye opening.

Watched “ Thre English” on BBC 1 last Thursday . Great cast and amazing scenery . Wasted on the box . Should be in the cinema.
Half decent tv on 14:08 - Nov 15 with 4218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:58 - Nov 15 by R_from_afar

The first episode of "The English," a Western on the BBC, was very good. The dialogue was very clever.

Thanks Afar.

Looking forward to that one.

Really enjoying 'The Old Man'.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 08:48 - Nov 16 with 3986 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I watched the first part of the BBC documentary on Hong Kong last night and found it deeply sad and moving as I lived and worked there just before the handover in 1997.
Half decent tv on 10:41 - Nov 16 with 3905 viewsSonofpugwash

Currently being forced to watch another Ben Fogle series where he gets to meet derelicts in reduced rural circumstances.Cue the unwavering gaze and sympathetic furrowed brow,the odd crocodile tear and bonhomie hugging.
My missus gets through a box of Kleenex every episode.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 11:04 - Nov 16 with 3888 viewsrobith

The Bear is one of the best shows I've seen in years. Absolutely out of this world
Half decent tv on 12:17 - Nov 16 with 3844 viewsHAYESBOY

Started watching The Calling on Peacock in the US. Good so far.

Not sure when it comes to UK.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 12:29 - Nov 16 with 3817 viewsHantsR

Not TV, but…

We went to the cinema and we had to decide between Banshees and Triangle of Sadness. We decided on the latter and weren't disappointed - highly recommended by us! Must see Banshees in due course.
Half decent tv on 15:43 - Nov 16 with 3730 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 08:48 - Nov 16 by CroydonCaptJack

I watched the first part of the BBC documentary on Hong Kong last night and found it deeply sad and moving as I lived and worked there just before the handover in 1997.

One of the best books I have read this year is Martin Booth's Gweilo: Memories of a Hong Kong Childhood (2004)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gweilo-Memories-Hong-Kong-Childhood/dp/0553816721

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 18:40 - Nov 16 with 3656 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 13:58 - Nov 15 by R_from_afar

Very good series and beautifully filmed.
Half decent tv on 22:57 - Nov 16 with 3535 viewsGaryT

5 episodes into The Peripheral, The Bear and This Is Going To Hurt and all are very good shows. The Bear and TIGTH are slightly pulling away with TIGTH ahead by a nose. These two look like classics in the making.

Edit, also four episodes into The English. Quality drama but I'm sticking with the other two being slightly ahead possibly due to the mixture of emotions they throw at you.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2022 23:04]
Half decent tv on 10:07 - Nov 23 with 3289 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm enjoying 1899 on Netflix. I'm on 7 of 8 episodes.

Gothic, steampunk mystery is how I'd describe it and each episode ends with an appropriate killer late 60's/1970 track.

(As a result I've just bought 'White Rabbit' for 99p and about to boost the volume with dbamp now.)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 20:06 - Nov 26 with 3095 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 15:45 - Oct 6 by Phildo

Bear on disney is great

Episode 7, my God, should win an award on its own. (edit, when I read afterwards how it was filmed I had to go back and watch it again and it was even better the 2nd time).

And This Is Going To Hurt, two extraordinary series. You feel like you need a drink after watching them, they drain you. I can't recommend them enough and thanks for the nod on The Bear.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 20:09]
Half decent tv on 20:51 - Nov 26 with 3063 viewsdaveB

The new ITV Streaming service launches on 8th December and has a few decent dramas

Litvinenko based on a true story about the Russian agent who was poisioned and killed in London. I managed to see it early through work and was very good

A Spy Among Friends is about the cold war is quite good apparantly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024