Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565164 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 20:01 - Jan 12 with 4492 viewsRanger_Things

Vikings Valhalla season 2 on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 21:54 - Jan 12 with 4416 viewsEsox_Lucius

As this topic is a broad church, I would like to add Reginald The Vampire as a series to watch. It's not really like anything I have ever watched before; maybe Pushing Daisies, The Good Place or I Zombie would provide a pigeon hole for it, but I have enjoyed it very much.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 19:45 - Jan 16 with 4252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Early Doors' on iPlayer. Classic comedy/drama.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 20:01 - Jan 16 with 4224 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 19:45 - Jan 16 by BrianMcCarthy

'Early Doors' on iPlayer. Classic comedy/drama.

They are filming a new series too! Twenty years later
Half decent tv on 20:30 - Jan 16 with 4190 viewsRanger_Things

Pennyworth on Lionsgate. It’s Alfred’s origin story from Batman but don’t let that put you off. I’m not into Batman or DC stuff generally but this is very decent.
Half decent tv on 05:46 - Jan 17 with 4100 viewsSydneyRs

This one is a few years old but I only discovered it recently, "in my skin" a comedy/drama set in Wales with the main character a 16 year old girl. 10 episodes over two seasons. I thought it was excellent, mixing at times inbetweeners style humour with some very dark stuff.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 5:46]
Half decent tv on 07:52 - Jan 17 with 4068 viewstraininvain

The Last of Us. Intense start and has all the makings of a classic.
Half decent tv on 08:40 - Jan 17 with 4034 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 07:52 - Jan 17 by traininvain

The Last of Us. Intense start and has all the makings of a classic.

Good grief here we go, yet another dystopian TV drama. Yawn.

I still have no idea how they find the time, money and personnel to make all these TV series.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 09:17 - Jan 17 with 3998 viewstraininvain

Half decent tv on 08:40 - Jan 17 by TheChef

Good grief here we go, yet another dystopian TV drama. Yawn.

I still have no idea how they find the time, money and personnel to make all these TV series.

Presumably because there’s plenty of demand for them and the Last of Us is adapted from a computer game so it has a strong fan base already out there.

HBO rarely miss and I expect this will be a big hit but appreciate its not for everyone. Fortunately we live in a day and age with no shortage of options on tv, streaming etc.

I did wonder whilst watching last night why apocalyptic tv shows, films etc have such a draw. I suppose there’s something innately exciting about the whole world falling apart.
Half decent tv on 13:23 - Jan 17 with 3902 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've only seen the trailer but on thursday "Women of war" is out on Netflix featuring the la rouge francais renarde Audrey Fleurot.

It's set during WW1, it may be romantic and merde but maybe not!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 13:39 - Jan 17 with 3875 viewsSuperhoop83

Half decent tv on 20:01 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

They are filming a new series too! Twenty years later

I wish that were true but the latest news I can find on it suggests not, at least not yet.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/early-doors-fans-make-bbc-258535

To the regiment!

Suffering since 1978.

Half decent tv on 16:41 - Jan 17 with 3817 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Half decent tv on 14:01 - Dec 28 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm glad I gave this a miss.

I just watched Cabinet of Curiosities on Netfix which was superb.
The one with Robocop as a 70's guru felt like it was made in 1979! Great stuff I enjoyed all 10 episodes.

Betaal is good fun too, easy going anglo-indian Zombie story where 1857 British zombie soldiers go on a rampage. It's very entertaining with some decent one liners.

That was one of the best 11 minute video I have watched in a long time thanks for posting.
Sadly it came along a week too late as I had already suffered through the 4 episodes of The Witcher Blood Origin and it was pretty bad .
Not a happy ending for anyone then
Half decent tv on 17:02 - Jan 17 with 3783 viewsJPC

Just finished second season of Tehran. Really good
Half decent tv on 17:06 - Jan 17 with 3769 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 17:02 - Jan 17 by JPC

Just finished second season of Tehran. Really good

Agree, thought it was an excellent series, every bit as good as the first.Also thought “Tokyo Vice” that was on BBC recently was very good.
Half decent tv on 20:09 - Jan 17 with 3703 viewsLogman

Whatever happened to Crimewatch ? It was good and it's not as if they must be short of serious crimes to make reproductions of.
Half decent tv on 08:11 - Jan 18 with 3588 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 20:09 - Jan 17 by Logman

Whatever happened to Crimewatch ? It was good and it's not as if they must be short of serious crimes to make reproductions of.

Given all the crimes committed by BBC employees, maybe they thought it was a bit rich to carry on with that one...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 09:07 - Jan 18 with 3545 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Half decent tv on 13:39 - Jan 17 by Superhoop83

I wish that were true but the latest news I can find on it suggests not, at least not yet.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/early-doors-fans-make-bbc-258535

To the regiment!

Oh no!

I misunderstood this link because I didn’t read it properly

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/early-doors-returns-bbc-after-25
Half decent tv on 09:58 - Jan 18 with 3500 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 09:07 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Oh no!

I misunderstood this link because I didn’t read it properly

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/early-doors-returns-bbc-after-25

Probbaly just as well.
It would be hard to rebottle the magic.

Half decent tv on 12:29 - Jan 18 with 3415 viewsToast_R

Half decent tv on 09:17 - Jan 17 by traininvain

Presumably because there’s plenty of demand for them and the Last of Us is adapted from a computer game so it has a strong fan base already out there.

HBO rarely miss and I expect this will be a big hit but appreciate its not for everyone. Fortunately we live in a day and age with no shortage of options on tv, streaming etc.

I did wonder whilst watching last night why apocalyptic tv shows, films etc have such a draw. I suppose there’s something innately exciting about the whole world falling apart.

Usually Video Game adaptions are pretty awful but having played the game parts 1 and 2 and thought it was probably the GOAT as far as Playstation 3 and 4 were concerned, this pilot episode was just as fantastic. As you say HBO have the budget that can attract the actors and the sets to do it justice.

The way they've subtlety created some of the same Video game movie sequences into the TV series has been pretty masterful.
Half decent tv on 13:56 - Jan 18 with 3350 viewsBluce_Ree

Not watched TLOU yet. I did play through the first game and found it to be overly long and a bit of a slog. Gave up on TLOU2 after about five hours because I hated it. It was so boring.

Hopefully the TV show speeds things up a bit and gets to the point.

I need to get back to Kevin Can F**k Himself. S1 was pretty good. Didn't return to Physical though. I didn't get a sense that it needed a second season at all.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Half decent tv on 14:18 - Jan 18 with 3330 viewsSuperhoop83

Half decent tv on 09:58 - Jan 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Probbaly just as well.
It would be hard to rebottle the magic.

It would be as unwise as making another series of Fawlty Towers or The Office.

Do you want a pint, Brian, or are you staying on your own?

Suffering since 1978.

Half decent tv on 14:30 - Jan 18 with 3302 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 14:18 - Jan 18 by Superhoop83

It would be as unwise as making another series of Fawlty Towers or The Office.

Do you want a pint, Brian, or are you staying on your own?

No thanks, I'll stay on me own.

Half decent tv on 14:52 - Jan 18 with 3283 viewsSuperhoop83

Half decent tv on 14:30 - Jan 18 by BrianMcCarthy

No thanks, I'll stay on me own.

Rightio.

Suffering since 1978.

Half decent tv on 17:39 - Jan 18 with 3216 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 12:29 - Jan 18 by Toast_R

Usually Video Game adaptions are pretty awful but having played the game parts 1 and 2 and thought it was probably the GOAT as far as Playstation 3 and 4 were concerned, this pilot episode was just as fantastic. As you say HBO have the budget that can attract the actors and the sets to do it justice.

The way they've subtlety created some of the same Video game movie sequences into the TV series has been pretty masterful.

Yep, video game adaptations rarely work but I really liked the first episode. The reviews for the series are very good so I’m looking forward to seeing it pan at.
Half decent tv on 18:32 - Jan 18 with 3153 viewsR_from_afar

"Ancient Worlds," the BBC series about the birth of civilisation, is being repeated. I watched the original series and have read the book too.

I enjoyed the book and ancient history is one of my passions but I forgot just how bewitching the TV series was, it is utterly fascinating and the music which accompanies it is very atmospheric.

It's not a series of dates and events, it looks at how civilisation evolved by studying the development of agriculture, industry, language and culture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00w0bl0/ancient-worlds

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024