Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talksport 14:48 - Jul 13 with 5662 viewsMarc

Collymore and Murray both gone!

Seems the station has had a change of ownership, with this being a major factor as to why both are heading out.
Talksport on 14:56 - Jul 13 with 5625 viewsdaveB

Talksport on 15:02 - Jul 13 with 5609 viewsDorse

New line up:

0600-1000: Brazil Goes Nuts - former Scotland footballer and pube-head Alan Brazil presents the show locked in a small room with a giant, silent, staring member of the Black Panthers.
1000-1100: Women's Hour. With Richard Keys.
1100-1300: The All-Sports Roundup. Sue Perkins and Mike Tyson chase sports people around Swindon in an all terrain vehicle with a net and tranquiliser guns.
1300-1400: World At One. The world comes together in peace and harmony to remember something or other.
1400-1600: Hawksbee and Jacobs are punished for their continuing crimes against humanity. This week, Andy receives humiliating wedgies in front of a disgruntled audience of WI members, whilst Paul is beaten with a knotted rope.
1600-1900: Drivetime with Adrian Durham. Today, Adrian is forced to drive to Aberdeen without letting his speed drop below 55 mph.
1900-2100: Uninhibited Racism Today. This week, why foreigners can't make tea proper.
2100-0000: Nothing. Nobody is listening now anyway.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Talksport on 15:03 - Jul 13 with 5603 viewsMick_S

Talksport on 15:02 - Jul 13 by Dorse

New line up:

0600-1000: Brazil Goes Nuts - former Scotland footballer and pube-head Alan Brazil presents the show locked in a small room with a giant, silent, staring member of the Black Panthers.
1000-1100: Women's Hour. With Richard Keys.
1100-1300: The All-Sports Roundup. Sue Perkins and Mike Tyson chase sports people around Swindon in an all terrain vehicle with a net and tranquiliser guns.
1300-1400: World At One. The world comes together in peace and harmony to remember something or other.
1400-1600: Hawksbee and Jacobs are punished for their continuing crimes against humanity. This week, Andy receives humiliating wedgies in front of a disgruntled audience of WI members, whilst Paul is beaten with a knotted rope.
1600-1900: Drivetime with Adrian Durham. Today, Adrian is forced to drive to Aberdeen without letting his speed drop below 55 mph.
1900-2100: Uninhibited Racism Today. This week, why foreigners can't make tea proper.
2100-0000: Nothing. Nobody is listening now anyway.

Will I still be able to buy a van?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Talksport on 15:04 - Jul 13 with 5596 viewsrsonist

Credit to him.
Talksport on 15:25 - Jul 13 with 5513 viewspaulparker

don't stop there Talksh1t drop them utter kants Max rushden , Darren Gough, Dominic Cork , Jason "fun boy"cundy " Hawksbee & Jacobs as well
but seeing as its been bought out by the news corporation ie the Sun, expect the same over hype bullsh1t that we are already used to with this joke of a station

it could be saved if they invested in Danny Baker, Johnny Vaughan , gabrielle marcotti ,
james Richardson, keys & gray , james whale

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Talksport on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 5448 viewsLblock

I removed TS from my radio dashboard ages ago

Awful stuff

I'm not a fan of any radio talk shows TBH, music mate, just give me music!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Talksport on 15:44 - Jul 13 with 5429 viewspaesanu

A tosspot of a radio station now owned by the ultimate tosspots.

Don't waste your time boys, 10 minutes of ads followed by 7 of drivel followed by 10 minutes of ads followed by 7 minutes of 'controversial' conversation (ha).

Do yourselves a favour, learn what a podcast is, learn how to download them to your phone. Subscribe to gems such as Guardian Football Weekly, Football Ramble etc. 30 seconds of ads per hour and compared to talksport content, talk that won't make your ears bleed and your brain lose IQ points.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Talksport on 15:54 - Jul 13 with 5392 viewsToast_R

Talksport on 15:41 - Jul 13 by Lblock

I removed TS from my radio dashboard ages ago

Awful stuff

I'm not a fan of any radio talk shows TBH, music mate, just give me music!

Unless you have digital, music on the standard analogue radio is just so unappealing. In the car my Mrs makes us listen to nothing but Heart. Seriously, I have to zone out just enough to be able to drive in a fit and sensible manor.

As for TalkSport.. I quite enjoy some of it but there are a lot of co-presenters on there that are terrible. Darren Gough, Cundy, Andy Jacobs.... and the worst although ditched a few years back, was Ronnie Irani. How did they get all get a well paid career in radio?

Mike Parry is probably one of the better ones.
Stan Collymore I thought was pretty good.
Login to get fewer ads

Talksport on 16:23 - Jul 13 with 5305 viewsTacticalR

The hand of Brooks

'Last week Ms Brooks made the biggest splash since she returned last September, with News Corp’s £220m acquisition of Wireless Group, the owner of Talksport radio.'

'Under Ms Brooks, News UK is pursuing a twin-track approach to the newspaper business. At the upper end of the market The Times and Sunday Times are committed to maintaining a paywall for digital subscribers, a model developed during her first spell as chief executive.

Meanwhile at the popular end, The Sun has abandoned its attempt to charge for content online and is looking to exploit the paper’s famous brand by attaching it to other businesses.

This year the paper will branch out into the betting market by launching an online gambling service, Sun Bets. The purchase of Talksport provides another platform to promote the paper to a sports audience.'

-------

'Lobby group Hacked Off has argued she should never have been allowed to return to one of the most powerful roles in British newspapers.

Chris Bryant, the Labour MP, has said that by rehiring Ms Brooks, Mr Murdoch “stuck two fingers up to the British public and the thousands of people whose phones were hacked”.'

Rebekah Brooks reveals her hand for second run at News Corp
https://next.ft.com/content/32475a30-4218-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d

Air hostess clique

Talksport on 16:52 - Jul 13 with 5225 viewsLblock

Talksport on 15:54 - Jul 13 by Toast_R

Unless you have digital, music on the standard analogue radio is just so unappealing. In the car my Mrs makes us listen to nothing but Heart. Seriously, I have to zone out just enough to be able to drive in a fit and sensible manor.

As for TalkSport.. I quite enjoy some of it but there are a lot of co-presenters on there that are terrible. Darren Gough, Cundy, Andy Jacobs.... and the worst although ditched a few years back, was Ronnie Irani. How did they get all get a well paid career in radio?

Mike Parry is probably one of the better ones.
Stan Collymore I thought was pretty good.

You only need one station mate -- Point Blank 90.2FM!!!

I tend to use my phone bluetoothed to the car radio to ensure London stations wherever I go. All you can eat Data works for me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Talksport on 16:57 - Jul 13 with 5196 viewsrobith

I went to their studio and met Murray as part of work - he was a top bloke joking away with us, though off air I have never heard anyone swear so much in my entire life.

Fair play to him, a lot easier to sit there and take the cash
Talksport on 17:05 - Jul 13 with 5161 viewsdistortR

Talksport on 16:23 - Jul 13 by TacticalR

The hand of Brooks

'Last week Ms Brooks made the biggest splash since she returned last September, with News Corp’s £220m acquisition of Wireless Group, the owner of Talksport radio.'

'Under Ms Brooks, News UK is pursuing a twin-track approach to the newspaper business. At the upper end of the market The Times and Sunday Times are committed to maintaining a paywall for digital subscribers, a model developed during her first spell as chief executive.

Meanwhile at the popular end, The Sun has abandoned its attempt to charge for content online and is looking to exploit the paper’s famous brand by attaching it to other businesses.

This year the paper will branch out into the betting market by launching an online gambling service, Sun Bets. The purchase of Talksport provides another platform to promote the paper to a sports audience.'

-------

'Lobby group Hacked Off has argued she should never have been allowed to return to one of the most powerful roles in British newspapers.

Chris Bryant, the Labour MP, has said that by rehiring Ms Brooks, Mr Murdoch “stuck two fingers up to the British public and the thousands of people whose phones were hacked”.'

Rebekah Brooks reveals her hand for second run at News Corp
https://next.ft.com/content/32475a30-4218-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d

Alas, it's a given in nature. Scum always rises to the top.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 17:10]
Talksport on 17:39 - Jul 13 with 5070 viewsTacticalR

Talksport on 17:05 - Jul 13 by distortR

Alas, it's a given in nature. Scum always rises to the top.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 17:10]

They're taking their country back. To their great credit at least Allam and Murdoch understand whose country this really is.

Air hostess clique

Talksport on 17:41 - Jul 13 with 5062 viewsdistortR

Talksport on 17:39 - Jul 13 by TacticalR

They're taking their country back. To their great credit at least Allam and Murdoch understand whose country this really is.

They never let go of it, mate.
Talksport on 18:13 - Jul 13 with 4990 viewsTacticalR

Talksport on 17:41 - Jul 13 by distortR

They never let go of it, mate.

Fair enough, although it is only post-referendum that Allam has been bold enough to openly declare himself in the market to purchase a political party (Murdoch has always had the sense to conduct that sort of business behind the scenes).

Air hostess clique

Talksport on 18:32 - Jul 13 with 4933 viewswestberksr

stumble across Talkshite occassionally and the only shows I can put up with are his in the morning and Hawksbee & Jacobs. I think Jacobs is going senile but to hear a Chelscum fan moan as much about them as he does is ok by me.

those 2 shows seem to be the only ones that do not adopt the polarised argument with one saying Rooney is the bestest and most handsome player on earth, whilst the other classes him as Shrek's imobile offspring.

having been sacked by the Beeb it takes a big pair to walk away from that gig; fair play to him.
Talksport on 18:53 - Jul 13 with 4893 viewsdistortR

Talksport on 18:13 - Jul 13 by TacticalR

Fair enough, although it is only post-referendum that Allam has been bold enough to openly declare himself in the market to purchase a political party (Murdoch has always had the sense to conduct that sort of business behind the scenes).

if allam was ultimately successful, I can see a name-change in the offing.
Allamland has a certain ring to it.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 18:58]
Talksport on 22:09 - Jul 13 with 4642 viewsbosh67

The station has been tired for a while. I think the buy out will put it to sleep. Hopefully someone will rescue Paul Hawksbee.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Talksport on 22:27 - Jul 13 with 4598 viewsWatford_Ranger

Quite like most of Talksport. Quite easy to avoid if you don't. Will be interesting to see what Mickey Quinn does- vehemently Scouse but considerably too thick to get a job with any other station. Somehow retains a role on a show at a popular time alongside the token female presenter.
Talksport on 23:00 - Jul 13 with 4526 viewsNortholt_Rs

Talksport on 22:27 - Jul 13 by Watford_Ranger

Quite like most of Talksport. Quite easy to avoid if you don't. Will be interesting to see what Mickey Quinn does- vehemently Scouse but considerably too thick to get a job with any other station. Somehow retains a role on a show at a popular time alongside the token female presenter.

....who is useless.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Talksport on 23:52 - Jul 13 with 4478 viewsstowmarketrange

With any luck they will poach Kelly Cates and Alan Green from the BBC.Please.
Talksport on 05:32 - Jul 14 with 4391 viewssmegma

The last time I listened to Talkshite was on the way home from Hillsborough having just won promotion. Not missed it for one second.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024