Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoilett coming back? 12:07 - Sep 7 with 14893 viewsaston_hoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-hoilett-wls-110374

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hoilett coming back? on 11:40 - Sep 8 with 3032 viewsLongsufferingR

Hoilett coming back? on 09:09 - Sep 8 by loftus77

This - and THAT cross....

Which one? The one that went straight to a Derby player?
Hoilett coming back? on 11:46 - Sep 8 with 3018 viewsNorthernr

Even last season, when he was supposedly brilliant, he managed one assist the whole year.
Hoilett coming back? on 11:48 - Sep 8 with 3002 viewsGloucs_R

It was hoilett not giving up a lost cause that helped us win the play of final....

Just saying

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hoilett coming back? on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 2998 viewsMetallica_Hoop

No thanks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hoilett coming back? on 11:50 - Sep 8 with 2994 viewsLongsufferingR

Hoilett coming back? on 11:48 - Sep 8 by Gloucs_R

It was hoilett not giving up a lost cause that helped us win the play of final....

Just saying

....and shall we then list all the games in four years where he made no contribution other than to run into defenders or cross into touch?
Hoilett coming back? on 12:29 - Sep 8 with 2918 viewsWestonsuperR

I am literally staggered that anyone wants him back, I must have been watching different matches last season because all I remember was him continuing to be average at best and really poor for the majority of appearances. I'd be amazed if he got a Premeir League side and was anywhere near a success.
Hoilett coming back? on 12:35 - Sep 8 with 2902 viewsrsonist

Find it incredible that he seems to be an immortal golden god for some because of That (fortunate) Cross. Have some self-respect.
Hoilett coming back? on 12:36 - Sep 8 with 2895 viewsqueensparker

I'd have him back, even though he can't really cross he's still a pain in the arse to play against, fast on the break, covers a lot of ground and a decent defender (which is what I suspect JFH likes about him).

He's streets ahead of someone like Gladwin.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoilett coming back? on 13:47 - Sep 8 with 2788 viewsTacticalR

Hoilett coming back? on 12:29 - Sep 8 by WestonsuperR

I am literally staggered that anyone wants him back, I must have been watching different matches last season because all I remember was him continuing to be average at best and really poor for the majority of appearances. I'd be amazed if he got a Premeir League side and was anywhere near a success.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I want him back, mainly because he is a one-trick pony. However, I also recognise that he did better last season because he was allowed to do his one trick. He is also a known quantity to the current management, and they evidently don't consider him a bad egg or likely to be involved in unsavoury Bendtner-style incidents with passing taxis. So it wouldn't be the end of the world if he came back for a year.

We know he won't do well in the Premiership - he has already built up a significant relegation cv from that league.

Air hostess clique

Hoilett coming back? on 15:25 - Sep 8 with 2672 viewsVancouverHoop

Not as good as he should have been, but clearly better under JFH than he was previously. He's not dressing room poison, and he'd be on more realistic money now. I'm not really fussed either way, but the three wise men at the club obviously think a deal's worth discussing.
Hoilett coming back? on 15:28 - Sep 8 with 2663 viewsjonno

Hoilett coming back? on 11:46 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Even last season, when he was supposedly brilliant, he managed one assist the whole year.

Exactly. Even when he was making an effort he was nowhere hear good enough. Can't beat a man, cant cross the ball and just continually loses possession. He was a decent player once, but his best days are behind him and I find it incredible that anyone should think he's a good player at our level based on recent evidence.
Hoilett coming back? on 18:16 - Sep 8 with 2548 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Hoilett coming back? on 11:46 - Sep 8 by Northernr

That's what I don't like about you, you exaggerate everything...
Hoilett coming back? on 20:11 - Sep 8 with 2468 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's a no from me. He played the same games last time he was out of contract only to return and seriously under perform again.
Hoilett coming back? on 15:37 - Oct 6 with 2225 viewsaston_hoop

Didn't see that coming

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/hoilett-looks-set-join-warnock-cardiff

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hoilett coming back? on 15:45 - Oct 6 with 2185 viewsHarbour

Hoilett coming back? on 15:37 - Oct 6 by aston_hoop

Didn't see that coming

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/hoilett-looks-set-join-warnock-cardiff

So much for holding out for a prem league club....more chance of League 1 at diff....although NW probably keep them up...
Hoilett coming back? on 16:19 - Oct 6 with 2080 viewswhittocksRs

Greedy idiot and his team of advisors expected a Premier League club or Bundesliga interest. Thing is, scouts had four years of evidence of his massive decline as an effective footballer and weren't going to fall for it.

I was glad when he went, but JFH and Les saw something in him, Walking from that sort of support shows exactly what brand of f*cktard he is. Hope he rots in their reserve team.
Hoilett coming back? on 16:29 - Oct 6 with 2039 viewssimmo

Realtively quick, good feet, good positional awareness, no end product. Caught somewhere between being an inverted winger that comes inside and causes havoc in the middle, and being a proper winger that hugs the touchline and supplies crosses.

In the end the reality meant he either ran into traffic in the middle and smahed the ball against a defender/over the bar, or ran the ball out of play trying to go outside his man. Either of those things always preceded him falling over. I actually don't think he can hit a ball without collapsing to the floor.

I'll guarantee you though, with Warnocks arm around him and playing for a new club, he'll come back as some kind of Ruel Fox/Gareth Bale wonder winger.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hoilett coming back? on 16:55 - Oct 6 with 1951 viewsTacticalR

He will do ok if he is allowed to do his one trick, which is to move towards the edge of the box from the left or through the centre, get the ball onto his right foot, and take a shot. Last season that was quite effective and broke the deadlock in more than one game.

Air hostess clique

Hoilett coming back? on 16:57 - Oct 6 with 1951 viewswhittocksRs

Hoilett coming back? on 16:29 - Oct 6 by simmo

Realtively quick, good feet, good positional awareness, no end product. Caught somewhere between being an inverted winger that comes inside and causes havoc in the middle, and being a proper winger that hugs the touchline and supplies crosses.

In the end the reality meant he either ran into traffic in the middle and smahed the ball against a defender/over the bar, or ran the ball out of play trying to go outside his man. Either of those things always preceded him falling over. I actually don't think he can hit a ball without collapsing to the floor.

I'll guarantee you though, with Warnocks arm around him and playing for a new club, he'll come back as some kind of Ruel Fox/Gareth Bale wonder winger.

Only against us
Hoilett coming back? on 17:01 - Oct 6 with 1940 viewsTacticalR

Warnock might be a miracle worker, but even he can't give Hoilett a left foot.

Air hostess clique

Hoilett coming back? on 20:02 - Oct 6 with 1689 viewsLblock

Not fit to lace Paddy O'Shodipo's boots in my opinion
Wouldn't have him ahead of Pawel either
I'd struggle to even put him ahead of Benedict Gladwin (who?!?!?) as at least he try's

He's also no better than El Kaki and that's saying something

Yes he'll play against us, have a blinder and probably score but that'll be it.
If I had to see Junior WC and Karl Henry in the same team again I'd chuck the towel in

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hoilett coming back? on 20:47 - Oct 6 with 1623 viewsbosh67

I was in the minority of one who quite liked Hoilett but I think Shodipo could become a much much better player. I think Petrasso will be a better player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hoilett coming back? on 22:08 - Oct 6 with 1512 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hoilett coming back? on 20:47 - Oct 6 by bosh67

I was in the minority of one who quite liked Hoilett but I think Shodipo could become a much much better player. I think Petrasso will be a better player.

Tony Sculley was a better player.
Hoilett coming back? on 22:14 - Oct 6 with 1503 viewsjohncharles

Been there, done it, he's a lazy tosser, thantp you, good night.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hoilett coming back? on 22:16 - Oct 6 with 1502 viewsCHUBBS

The lads in row z will be cacking themselves whenever he gets the ball.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 22:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024