Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood incoming ???? 23:24 - Nov 2 with 21817 viewsrichles

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2104118/tim-sherwood-in-line-to-replace-

perth lsa

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:00 - Nov 3 with 2781 viewsaston_hoop

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:45 - Nov 3 by WeaverQPR

The whole set up is geared for Sherwood.

Thats a nice way of saying we are set up to fail!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:04 - Nov 3 with 2764 viewsingeminate

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:40 - Nov 3 by FloridaR

ffs. sherwood & assistant Ramsey reunited on the sideline again.
Tf should rename us queensparkspurs

Sherwood hasn't happened yet, so for the moment carefully place your outrage in to a freezer bag and making sure not to spill any slide it gently in to the top shelf.

Granted the football isn't great. It's drab, seems aimless and whenever we seem to be getting somewhere we have a spectacular fall from grace.

That said results could be worse.

Aston Villa, Ipswich, Wolves, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff all below us. All big clubs. Not to mention the other four.

We are 14th of 24.

So it absolutely could be worse.

This time last year if all you knew was that we had got a load of big earners off books. We had instead invested in a nucleus young hungry players from the UK and Europe — and even given game time to some our youth team.

That we had changed manager, choosing one who had enjoyed success and was regarded as a manager on the way up.

That we were 14th, but that a lot of our squad were new to the championship and perhaps finding their feet.

That everyone pretty much accepted that the players were an honest bunch giving there all.

A lot of people would have taken that. A lot of people were crying out for it.

The main issue is that none of that comes in to the equation when you've paid your hard earned to sit through a miserable performance. When you look at the squad and you think this bunch could be doing a lot better.

Maybe a new manager would get the best out of this team, perhaps they have a lot more to give and we would roar up the league - or at least play entertaining football.

Or perhaps a change in manager would see us fall in to relegation.

I think for time being we have to stick it out, it’s annoying to watch a young manager make mistakes on your time, but it’s also inevitable, be it in the dressing room, training, transfers, newspaper stings or — the one that really get people’s noses out of joints — playing players out of positions.

Every manager we hire will go through a sticky period at some point, and we have to get in the habit of backing them to come through it — if we don’t all we do is encourage the likes of Redknapp to spend millions on short terms loans and aging stopgaps, we need QPR to move away from short term fixes chasing instant results. We are doing a lot right at the moment as a club, I hope they make the right call here too.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:05 - Nov 3 with 2749 viewsHunterhoop

Sherwood incoming ???? on 06:42 - Nov 3 by Lblock

I'm shocked, furious and disgusted

How can someone write such racist article?
Mentions clearly that Les, Benny and Tactics Tim are "MATES"!!!!! This is really scraping the barrel and how anyone could even think Sir Les would adopt such an approach baffles me.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/181631/congratulat

It's all a bit too obvious that ODH''s successor would be Gillet man. We'll see........

I'm pretty sure everyone said for "Sherwood" this "mates" accusation would be perfectly fair given him and Les were a double act for a chunk of their post playing career. Everyone agreed with you on that (and will).

Call me a details man.

But you still haven't produced any evidence to back up claims that Les was mates with JFH before he appointed him. Saying "I read a quote from Les in an article months ago", isn't evidence. I'm happy to believe you, but it isn't "here's the article with the direct quote in" evidence.

And his previous "mate", who most agree was a friend of Les', Les sacked! So he's hardly averse to canning his mates in a work capacity. So you can't accuse him of being nepotistic when he sacked a friend.

Probably best if you give it a rest on this 'feeling hard done by' schtik on people disagreeing with your obsession with referring to JFH as Les' mate.

Also, please "no" to Sherwood. He's an absolute arse of a man. Saying that, I have some bizarre feeling he might work here, which complicates my feelings on the matter. I think parts of our fanbase will take to him and his direct manner, "passion", etc, so to speak. He also likes playing with wingers....which I wholeheartedly agree with.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:28 - Nov 3 with 2697 viewsadhoc_qpr

Just realised that the 5 game unbeaten run which ended against Brentford was our best spell of form under JFH!

And we were terrible for most of that...
Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:29 - Nov 3 with 2694 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:05 - Nov 3 by Hunterhoop

I'm pretty sure everyone said for "Sherwood" this "mates" accusation would be perfectly fair given him and Les were a double act for a chunk of their post playing career. Everyone agreed with you on that (and will).

Call me a details man.

But you still haven't produced any evidence to back up claims that Les was mates with JFH before he appointed him. Saying "I read a quote from Les in an article months ago", isn't evidence. I'm happy to believe you, but it isn't "here's the article with the direct quote in" evidence.

And his previous "mate", who most agree was a friend of Les', Les sacked! So he's hardly averse to canning his mates in a work capacity. So you can't accuse him of being nepotistic when he sacked a friend.

Probably best if you give it a rest on this 'feeling hard done by' schtik on people disagreeing with your obsession with referring to JFH as Les' mate.

Also, please "no" to Sherwood. He's an absolute arse of a man. Saying that, I have some bizarre feeling he might work here, which complicates my feelings on the matter. I think parts of our fanbase will take to him and his direct manner, "passion", etc, so to speak. He also likes playing with wingers....which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Yes he sacked Ramsey and then found him another job, so not really sacked at all.... In fact he sacked Gallen to make the job for Ramsey I seem to recall.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:50 - Nov 3 with 2645 viewsnadera78

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:29 - Nov 3 by Northolt_Rs

Yes he sacked Ramsey and then found him another job, so not really sacked at all.... In fact he sacked Gallen to make the job for Ramsey I seem to recall.

You recall wrong then.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:06 - Nov 3 with 2597 viewsvegasranger

It would be a terrible choice. It's time to find a manager who ticks all the boxes. ( I'm really not sure who that is ). Sherwood by some accounts is a goo motivator but not such a good coach. We can't afford to get it wrong again.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:18 - Nov 3 with 2562 viewsdaveB

Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:06 - Nov 3 by vegasranger

It would be a terrible choice. It's time to find a manager who ticks all the boxes. ( I'm really not sure who that is ). Sherwood by some accounts is a goo motivator but not such a good coach. We can't afford to get it wrong again.

The last time we appointed a bumbling idiot only known for rabble rousing was Holloway, which turned out ok in the end.

I've no idea really who we should have as manager, Sherwood would not be my choice but there isn't really an ideal candidate at the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:25 - Nov 3 with 2546 viewsrsonist

Would only really grudgingly accept him if we were in serious relegation panic stations, similar to how he came bouncing in at Villa after the terminal illness of Lambert.

As it stands, we may be stagnating somewhat, and paying fans aren't getting their entertainment, but there isn't any rush to act now looking at the long term perspective.

Nevertheless there are no bigger fans of Sherwood than Les and Chris, so of course there is an inevitability to it. Sherwood did some decent work in the Spurs youth system, I can give him that, but otherwise...

Very hard to come up with a satisfying potential JFH replacement. Michael O'Neill was a good shout, the only good shout in fact. Don't fancy Clement.... backstory is nice, but I feel like he would just be JFH again, with an added Mark Hughes unpleasant distant arrogance vibe.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:37 - Nov 3 with 2518 viewsSimonJames

The tea leaves in the bottom of my cup are spelling out C l e m e n t.

But seriously, since we're supposed to be in a rebuilding phase and the expectation is that we finish the season mid-table - which I think we're generally on target for - then the only reason for a replacement is either:
- to improve the entertainment value of the football, or
- once again, "promotion means everything" to Tony.
Either way, I don't see how Tactics Tim fits that requirement.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 15:55]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:44 - Nov 3 with 2498 viewsAddinall

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:04 - Nov 3 by ingeminate

Sherwood hasn't happened yet, so for the moment carefully place your outrage in to a freezer bag and making sure not to spill any slide it gently in to the top shelf.

Granted the football isn't great. It's drab, seems aimless and whenever we seem to be getting somewhere we have a spectacular fall from grace.

Aston Villa, Ipswich, Wolves, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff all below us. All big clubs. Not to mention the other four.

We are 14th of 24.

This time last year if all you knew was that we had got a load of big earners off books. We had instead invested in a nucleus young hungry players from the UK and Europe — and even given game time to some our youth team.

That we had changed manager, choosing one who had enjoyed success and was regarded as a manager on the way up.

That we were 14th, but that a lot of our squad were new to the championship and perhaps finding their feet.

That everyone pretty much accepted that the players were an honest bunch giving there all.

The main issue is that none of that comes in to the equation when you've paid your hard earned to sit through a miserable performance. When you look at the squad and you think this bunch could be doing a lot better.

Maybe a new manager would get the best out of this team, perhaps they have a lot more to give and we would roar up the league - or at least play entertaining football.

I think for time being we have to stick it out, it’s annoying to watch a young manager make mistakes on your time, but it’s also inevitable, be it in the dressing room, training, transfers, newspaper stings or — the one that really get people’s noses out of joints — playing players out of positions.

Every manager we hire will go through a sticky period at some point, and we have to get in the habit of backing them to come through it — if we don’t all we do is encourage the likes of Redknapp to spend millions on short terms loans and aging stopgaps, we need QPR to move away from short term fixes chasing instant results. We are doing a lot right at the moment as a club, I hope they make the right call here too.

Well put!
Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:50 - Nov 3 with 2476 viewsPinnerPaul

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:58 - Nov 3 by makaveli1882

To be honest it was at the time, and following a reply earlier on asking did he say anymore, in answer we did not go into much detail other than a few players and wages they are on which is what I think he meant as rotten to the core - and I tend to agree ...... like I said especially if you think of the players we had at the time swp barton swp etc etc all on big money.

If you think of our youth and reserve teams, the ladies team and still some of the players we have on the books it is pretty Rotten is it not? ...... Though I think the club is slowly trying to push in the right direction now - like the coach thing in the week and the ex player stuff they are doing etc etc

But Jimmy is still a rubbish manager regardless of Timmy

How on earth you can say "reserves team" - which doesn't exist btw , the ladies?????!!!!!! and youth teams are "rotten to the core" is staggering, even in a sea of ott negative doom & gloom posts.

OK, the Ladies - how are they rotten to the core?! Off you go.............
Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:50 - Nov 3 with 2475 viewsqprphil

To be truthful we have two chances of picking a decent manager, none and sod all. Even Pep G. would balls it up. On paper we have a decent side, on the pitch, well, it's entirely different. I really cant see Sherwood doing any good, but as I've said, who would.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:52 - Nov 3 with 2462 viewsPinnerPaul

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:04 - Nov 3 by ingeminate

We are 14th of 24.

Sherwood incoming ???? on 16:11 - Nov 3 with 2410 viewsThe_Mole

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:22 - Nov 3 by ThGrimRanger

with Les being so strongly in favour of the Rooney rule then he'll surely also be interviewing a black candidate. With Chris Powell now being available then he's be worth interviewing (again). He'd be preferable to Sherwood.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 13:22]

I can see Dwight York and Paul Ince rubbing their hands with glee at this potential job offer!!

Chris Powel? No thank you!
Sherwood incoming ???? on 17:54 - Nov 3 with 2245 viewsRangersw12

Sherwood incoming ???? on 06:42 - Nov 3 by Lblock

I'm shocked, furious and disgusted

How can someone write such racist article?
Mentions clearly that Les, Benny and Tactics Tim are "MATES"!!!!! This is really scraping the barrel and how anyone could even think Sir Les would adopt such an approach baffles me.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/181631/congratulat

It's all a bit too obvious that ODH''s successor would be Gillet man. We'll see........

Still throwing your toys out the pram I see....
Sherwood incoming ???? on 18:20 - Nov 3 with 2196 viewsBklynRanger

This would be the first time I would really wonder about Les, if it happened. He'd have to do a hell of a lot of jiggery pokery hypnosis stuff to convince me it wasn't a lazy, unimaginative, totally pointless move.

And as far as I'm conerned Wally Downes Jr never comes across as anything other than an arse.

Bag of shyte all round.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 18:54 - Nov 3 with 2141 viewsLblock

Sherwood incoming ???? on 17:54 - Nov 3 by Rangersw12

Still throwing your toys out the pram I see....

What? Over being branded a racist?

Yes. I am throwing my f@ckin toys out of my pram you tit

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sherwood incoming ???? on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 2141 viewscyprusmel

I think I would sooner have Nigel Pearson than Mr Sherwood.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 19:00 - Nov 3 with 2134 viewsDorse

Sherwood incoming ???? on 15:06 - Nov 3 by vegasranger

I don't want to picture Tim Sherwood motivating his goo.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sherwood incoming ???? on 19:17 - Nov 3 with 2102 viewsHarbour

No no and no. Awful manager spends lots of money on rubbish players no tactics. Rather stick with JFH for now only think about a change if we look like getting relegated.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 19:19 - Nov 3 with 2101 viewsRangersw12

Sherwood incoming ???? on 18:54 - Nov 3 by Lblock

What? Over being branded a racist?

Yes. I am throwing my f@ckin toys out of my pram you tit

Dry your eyes fella

Are you 100% sure you're not a scouser?
Sherwood incoming ???? on 19:37 - Nov 3 with 2070 viewsactonman

Sherwood Ffs, another inexperienced old pals act (I can say that right ?)

Part of me says , he might get us going

Another part of me says don't be a c u next Tuesday

But mostly I'm beyond caring anymore and either Jim Or Tim ain't getting the love back anytime soon
Sherwood incoming ???? on 19:41 - Nov 3 with 2049 viewsPunteR

I'd rather Pearson, Clement, or Warburton. I think it would be a mistake by Ferdinand to get Sherwood involved, because if it does go tits up, and there is a very real possibility it would, than I think massive questions would be asked of him. Didn't Ferdinand refuse him the job before because Sherwood wanted too much money for either himself or signings or both?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sherwood incoming ???? on 20:00 - Nov 3 with 2000 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sherwood incoming ???? on 14:50 - Nov 3 by nadera78

You recall wrong then.

Fair enough. I bow to your greater knowledge of past events.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/161491/steve-galle

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024