Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood incoming ???? 23:24 - Nov 2 with 21815 viewsrichles

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2104118/tim-sherwood-in-line-to-replace-

perth lsa

Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:41 - Nov 3 with 3304 viewsPinnerPaul

Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:19 - Nov 3 by FDC

Very insightful!

LOVING the handwringing from the JFH out brigade btw!

Another 9 month appointment and on we go........ very depressing.

Article sums up modern football - we've lost 2 in a row , so a 3rd loss = sacking imminent.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:45 - Nov 3 with 3287 viewsGloucs_R

Got to laugh really...

In another thread some mentioned who they would want, some said they dont want change and others said it was too later and we should have done it weeks ago.

BUT NOT ONE BLOODY PERSON MENTIONED SHERWOOD!

So, the club are either playing us for fools thinking we'll back Jimmy if Sherwood is the alternative or they are genuinely thinking of this change which means a loss on Saturday may be the end of Jimmy.

Personally think its the former.

Sherwood wouldnt be near my list but maybe he could do something with us. He reminds me of an Ollie type manager - man motivation, etc and did pretty well as a player.

However, if Sherwood comes in and fails, Les leaves himself wide open to criticism and I cant see him lasting if Sherwood eventually got the boot.

So, what IF....Sherwood comes in, we play better football and finish top 10. Would we all be happy?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:54 - Nov 3 with 3262 viewspaulparker

Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:41 - Nov 3 by PinnerPaul

Very insightful!

LOVING the handwringing from the JFH out brigade btw!

Another 9 month appointment and on we go........ very depressing.

Article sums up modern football - we've lost 2 in a row , so a 3rd loss = sacking imminent.

It isn't about losing 2 in a row Pinner , our problems are lot more than that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:01 - Nov 3 with 3235 viewsTacticalR

Sherwood incoming ???? on 08:48 - Nov 3 by makaveli1882

I actually spoke to Mr Sherwood through my work a few weeks back just before the Newcastle game..... Inappropriately I had to ask him about Rangers and with him being linked with us when back in the Premier League.

He said that his dad was there on Saturday (who ever we drew with on the sat before the toon game) said obviously all my mates are there, but that he couldn't take the job because the Club was rotten to the core ......Hard to disagree with him especially at the time.

I have no love for the bloke but I know who I would choose between him and Jimmy, think he has a bit of Neil Warnock about him from the outside he is a bit of a knob but when at your club and doing you would probably warm to like him.

However I think this is just click bait

'he couldn't take the job because the Club was rotten to the core'

Did he enlighten you on exactly what he meant by that?

Air hostess clique

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:10 - Nov 3 with 3187 viewsWestbourneR

Admittedly my track record of picking a good next manager (ahem) has not been the best.... but.... I'd go as far as to say the football is so bad un JFH that I'd rather Sherwood than him.

Not to say Sherwood is anywhere near my top choice but he's surely better than Hasselbaink.

You might have to accept that he didn't do that bad a job at Villa. Kept them up and they got much worse under Remi Garde.

No?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:22 - Nov 3 with 3128 viewsdaveB

With Lee Hoos involved and judging by how they appointed JFH plus comments made by Ferdinand about interviewing in the past I'd be surprised if we didn't take a few weeks to interview people again as we did last time.

Only difference is we don't have a Warnock on hand to steady the ship for a few weeks which might end up with a rushed appointment but still if it was done after Saturday they'd have 2 weeks to interview which is probably enough
Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:23 - Nov 3 with 3125 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:10 - Nov 3 by WestbourneR

Admittedly my track record of picking a good next manager (ahem) has not been the best.... but.... I'd go as far as to say the football is so bad un JFH that I'd rather Sherwood than him.

Not to say Sherwood is anywhere near my top choice but he's surely better than Hasselbaink.

You might have to accept that he didn't do that bad a job at Villa. Kept them up and they got much worse under Remi Garde.

No?

much worse?
they didn't get better, but after beating Bournemouth on the opening day they lost to everyone apart from Birmingham in the cup, a draw at home to Sunderland and a pens win at home to Notts Co.
it was pretty bad.

Bare bones.

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:24 - Nov 3 with 3120 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:26 - Nov 3 by paulparker

I thought Sherwood didn't make the transfers at Villa ?
and he certainty wouldn't at Rangers as this is the job of sir les
don't forget he got villa to a cup final and kept them up , im not a fan of him but I do think he gets a bad press , at the moment I would trade him in for JFH

of course he didn't do the transfers. None of the British managers do. It's never their fault.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:24 - Nov 3 with 3117 viewskensalriser

No, not really.

The guy doesn't have any more experience than JFH and as we all know there were some rank teams all trying their hardest to get relegated the season he kept Villa up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:29 - Nov 3 with 3091 viewsdaveB

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:24 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

No, not really.

The guy doesn't have any more experience than JFH and as we all know there were some rank teams all trying their hardest to get relegated the season he kept Villa up.

Benteke kept them up that year, if we had held on at 3-2 up that night then Villa would have probably been relegated, we'd have also gone above them that night with only a few games left.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:39 - Nov 3 with 3051 viewsLblock

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:01 - Nov 3 by TacticalR

The Paladini era was always going to take a long time to cleanse.

What this club needs is infrastructure.
Bungle was never the man to sort that out and has proved incapable of doing it.

Our next Manager needs to have power, lots of it, and work closely with Les to breathe life into this carrion pox ridden carcass of a club.

There is only one man for the job for me.

SEND FOR OLLIE

Okay. he may not be the most tactically astute coach. He may love his own persona. He would obviously want to surround himself with his own people.
But..... he knows how to drag people along with him, he's rebuilt this club once, his persona rubs off on people and his people are QPR people.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:45 - Nov 3 with 3026 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:29 - Nov 3 by daveB

Benteke kept them up that year, if we had held on at 3-2 up that night then Villa would have probably been relegated, we'd have also gone above them that night with only a few games left.

True - in fact, had he got the job instead of Ramsey and won the same number of points with us as he did with Villa, we'd have still gone down.

As for LBlock's suggestion of Ollie - dearie me.

Love the man, but as far as management goes he's gone. He's where he should be now - on the telly being charming and funny. No way on earth he could pick up this job.

Bare bones.

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:46 - Nov 3 with 3024 viewsBlackCrowe

Almost anyone but Tactical Tim.

That said, club shop gilet sales would be healthy.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:46 - Nov 3 with 3023 viewsadhoc_qpr

Wow, i might have to take a bit of a break from QPR if this rumour is true!

Can't stand Sherwood as a man, he's a poor manager with a poor track record too.

Would speak very badly of Les too IMO - it's either a case of 'jobs for the boys' or it demonstrates the fact he doesn't have a clue about how to select a manager for the short or long term of the club. Neither very encouraging.

I'd rather bumble through the season with Hasselbaink and then reassess in May.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:22 - Nov 3 with 2838 viewsThGrimRanger

with Les being so strongly in favour of the Rooney rule then he'll surely also be interviewing a black candidate. With Chris Powell now being available then he's be worth interviewing (again). He'd be preferable to Sherwood.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 13:22]

TheGrimRanger

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:22 - Nov 3 with 2369 viewshoof_hearted

Got to do something and there aren't many better options.

If the manager fails to set the team up correctly again and again, if the manager seems to have a negative impact with his half time talks, if the manager cannot get improvement out of the same players then he is failing.

If waiting for the summer is the wimpish answer in the hope that things can't get worse then WRONG - things can get a whole load worse and that seems to be the direction we're heading in. Keep this style and results sequence up and season ticket sales will be back to all time lows. We could easily be dragged into a relegation battle and we don't seem to have an abundance of fighters in the squad.

ENOUGH ALREADY.

This from a wimp who said I would give him until December (a full year) to see what direction we were heading in.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 14:10]
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:26 - Nov 3 with 2353 viewsPinnerPaul

Sherwood incoming ???? on 10:54 - Nov 3 by paulparker

It isn't about losing 2 in a row Pinner , our problems are lot more than that

I know we disagree over JFH, but yes do take your point.

However, my criticism is really the way the article is written, like most press these days.

It doesn't really mention anything about what he has done or not, other than the last two games and implies, that of course,if he loses three in a row, then of course we should be looking for another manager.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:28 - Nov 3 with 2348 viewsClive_Anderson

I reckon he might be half decent.....
Sherwood incoming ???? (n/t) on 13:30 - Nov 3 with 2337 viewsessextaxiboy

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:28 - Nov 3 by Clive_Anderson

I reckon he might be half decent.....

[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 13:31]
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:37 - Nov 3 with 2302 viewsRangersw12

We should all be praying we get a result on Saturday !

Fcking Sherwood would be on a par getting Hart back FFS
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:40 - Nov 3 with 2286 viewsFloridaR

ffs. sherwood & assistant Ramsey reunited on the sideline again.
Tf should rename us queensparkspurs

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:44 - Nov 3 with 2260 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sherwood incoming ???? on 11:01 - Nov 3 by TacticalR

Certainly sounds like he would want to join the club eh!
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:45 - Nov 3 with 2258 viewsnadera78

I'd prefer for us to play the season out and see how JFH goes. By then he'll have had 18 months in the job, several transfer windows, and with his own coaching staff so we should all have a far better idea of what he's capable of.

I don't see any real sign of JFH doing a particularly good job, but then I don't think anyone would get us promoted this year and I equally don't see us getting relegated. We look like a mid-table Championship team, no more no less, so we won't lose anything by giving him until May.

As for Sherwood, I've never particularly liked him and I certainly haven't seen a rush of clubs looking to take him on. I'd sidestep that one tbh.
Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:45 - Nov 3 with 2254 viewsWeaverQPR

The whole set up is geared for Sherwood.

@WeavQPR

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:58 - Nov 3 with 2229 viewsmakaveli1882

Sherwood incoming ???? on 13:44 - Nov 3 by CroydonCaptJack

Certainly sounds like he would want to join the club eh!

To be honest it was at the time, and following a reply earlier on asking did he say anymore, in answer we did not go into much detail other than a few players and wages they are on which is what I think he meant as rotten to the core - and I tend to agree ...... like I said especially if you think of the players we had at the time swp barton swp etc etc all on big money.

If you think of our youth and reserve teams, the ladies team and still some of the players we have on the books it is pretty Rotten is it not? ...... Though I think the club is slowly trying to push in the right direction now - like the coach thing in the week and the ex player stuff they are doing etc etc

But Jimmy is still a rubbish manager regardless of Timmy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024