Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trainers 07:27 - Nov 25 with 4506 viewsexiled_dictator

the age old question:

how old is too old to be wearing trainers.....

this 42 year olds teenage son thinks i am too old to be wearing trainers
for the record, i do wear them every day, but not in the restaurant
i only have nike, but about a dozen different ones
nike seem to have a wider fitting than others, which suits my feet that i stand on for about 18 hours every day

so when does it become too old to wear trainers?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Trainers on 15:00 - Nov 25 with 1584 viewsFredManRave

Trainers on 14:54 - Nov 25 by johncharles

Will no one think of the children.

They're 90 years old. They can look after themselves.

Getting back to trainers. I don't think I've ever seen Travel Fox mentioned before on a trainers thread. Did nobody else used to wear them when they were trendy (?!) 25 years ago?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Trainers on 15:13 - Nov 25 with 1567 viewsMatch82

Trainers on 12:51 - Nov 25 by runningman75

I run and over 40 years old . Like Saucony trainers for running and when I buy a new pair use the old ones for general walking and often wear them most days as more comfortable. I am not into trainers as a fashion statement but have around 30 minutes daily walking to and from station so more comfortable.

We could infer the first sentence from your username! Nice to see you walking the walk though. Few people on here where I'm a little suspicious about whether their username is really a true reflection of the reality. John Charles and Paul Parker? Don't believe you! Disco Droid? Hard to tell, but I reckon he's no more Droid than the rest of us. And what's a Dorse when it's at home?
Trainers on 15:28 - Nov 25 with 1553 viewsNoelmc

I'm 57 and currently wearing black Adidas indoor tennis trainers. Will feel less guilty next season when Chelscum switch to Nike.
Trainers on 15:34 - Nov 25 with 1548 viewswood_hoop

Trainers on 09:11 - Nov 25 by ozexile

Can't beat puma suedes IMO

50 + a decade, still wearing the same.
Trainers on 15:45 - Nov 25 with 1538 viewsrobith

Why would you ever stop wearing trainers? They're comfortable. Who wants to wear proper shoes all the time?
Trainers on 16:06 - Nov 25 with 1509 viewsvegasranger

61 and wearing Adidas Samba, a retro pair of Puma's and of course a choice of Fred Perry. Last week I bought a pair of Lacoste Lerond. I think your okay as long as you don't pretend to be a teenager !!
Trainers on 17:16 - Nov 25 with 1467 viewsBoston

Bottom of the closet contains a pair of Converse, high tops with a blue star. Only wear them now and then as I grew up in DM's and am now a Timberland, steel toes of course, type of bloke. They never wear out if you're in a wheelchair.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Trainers on 18:41 - Nov 25 with 1430 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

52, and have been wearing converse chucks all my life.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Trainers on 19:07 - Nov 25 with 1408 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm 38 and almost always wear steel toe boots but when running like a nice pair of New Balance as they are good for my dodgy knees.

I bought a pair of their football boots once they lasted 8 games, I'm a keeper...took me years to give them another go.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Trainers on 19:31 - Nov 25 with 1391 viewsE17hoop

When I'm running it's Mizuno for the road and Adidas for the trails.

Outside of that I have a pair of Adidas Samba when trainers are required but much prefer proper boots and shoes.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Trainers on 21:09 - Nov 25 with 1361 viewsPunteR

Trainers on 15:00 - Nov 25 by FredManRave

They're 90 years old. They can look after themselves.

Getting back to trainers. I don't think I've ever seen Travel Fox mentioned before on a trainers thread. Did nobody else used to wear them when they were trendy (?!) 25 years ago?!

Travel fox? Thats a blast from the past. British knights anyone?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Trainers on 21:28 - Nov 25 with 1354 viewsKiwi76

Adidas Stan Smiths, always had Converse & never too old for trainers as clock ticks towards 50.
& I'm not Steve f'ing Jobs...
Trainers on 21:32 - Nov 25 with 1352 viewsCamberleyR

In response to the OP, you're never too old. I'm 51 and own eight pairs of Adidas Originals retro trainers and Mrs Camberley has just ordered for me for Christmas a pair of these (a bargain 50 quid down from 75 from Schuh)

[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 0:11]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trainers on 23:46 - Nov 25 with 1314 viewsted_hendrix

I've been wearing the same hob nail boots since I first put them on at the age of 3.
I'm now approaching my 96th year on this planet and I've only had to replace the laces once.
Hob nail boots are the choice of Men.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Trainers on 00:18 - Nov 26 with 1294 viewsPunteR

Trainers on 23:46 - Nov 25 by ted_hendrix

I've been wearing the same hob nail boots since I first put them on at the age of 3.
I'm now approaching my 96th year on this planet and I've only had to replace the laces once.
Hob nail boots are the choice of Men.

Hob nob biscuits are the choice of men
[Post edited 26 Nov 2016 0:21]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Trainers on 02:54 - Nov 26 with 1085 viewsSonofNorfolt

Ted is so hard he wears them on his hands.

Nike should never be worn in relation to football, they timed their introduction with Sky's invention of the game from '92.

After dabbling over the last two decades with comfy but cool Merrells, and Puma's fantastic but rare XC Favo's, I've returned to Mr Dassler's iconic product. Searching out rare and retro Gazelles and the like. New Balance deserve a pat on the back for upping their game in the last couple of years.

Stylo must be due a comeback?
Trainers on 04:26 - Nov 26 with 1076 viewsLadbrokeR

I the older get the more I think that I should be wearing age appropriate trainers. For years I have thought that Addidas Stan smiths looked good on the older bloke and then about a year ago perhaps a bit before I noticed that Stan Smiths became the standard footwear for young girls. My view is that there are no age limits with trainers.
Trainers on 06:21 - Nov 26 with 1062 viewswestberksr

I go from decent leather shoes to Adidas at the drop of a hat, as long as I don't take to a football pitch in yellow & pink boots with what appears to be half a sock built in i'll be fine.

Tend to stick to retro Adidas Gazelles, Superstars and the like with a couple of pairs of subtle colour Converse.

Just a matter of wearing them at appropriate times.
Trainers on 08:34 - Nov 26 with 1036 viewslondonscottish

I'm 52 and today I'll be mainly wearing Adidas.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Trainers on 11:16 - Nov 26 with 972 viewsPommyhoop

These are my go to pair at the mo but when I'm ''on it'' you''ll find me in
my charcoal greys..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Trainers on 11:29 - Nov 26 with 968 viewsFearless

Trainers on 14:32 - Nov 25 by SimonJames

I'm 52 and I wear Merrells all day.
I have several pairs that range from trainers to shoes to walking shoes, but they all go with well with jeans or casual trousers.
The only person who ever complains is the missus... of course.

This is the correct answer !
Trainers on 11:42 - Nov 26 with 959 viewsDorse

I also wear Merrells. Living in the sticks, decent walking trainers are a must. I draw the line at Barbour jackets and flat caps. It is the identifying mark of an absolute tool. Usually one who is blocking my way to the bar, braying with his equally idiotic friends about his wet-lipped, chinless son's performance in the School's First XV, after a hard day shooting animals for fun. Cunce.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Trainers on 13:07 - Nov 26 with 916 viewsPommyhoop

Trainers on 11:42 - Nov 26 by Dorse

I also wear Merrells. Living in the sticks, decent walking trainers are a must. I draw the line at Barbour jackets and flat caps. It is the identifying mark of an absolute tool. Usually one who is blocking my way to the bar, braying with his equally idiotic friends about his wet-lipped, chinless son's performance in the School's First XV, after a hard day shooting animals for fun. Cunce.

Quite brilliant plural of the C bomb .
I will be stealing that one ..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Trainers on 14:08 - Nov 26 with 886 viewsbabygravy

47 and it's white Adidas Superstars or navy suede Adidas Speziale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024