Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! 19:13 - Jan 19 with 23637 viewseasthertsr

I know lots of you on here will not worry about a Lefty like me's thoughts, but I am genuinely worried that moron will have his finger on the nuclear button. I also think that America will be split in two by a man who has neither the temperament or the intellect to run the richest country on Earth. Really scarey times!
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 01:30 - Jan 21 with 2339 viewsCanadaRanger

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 22:19 - Jan 20 by Northernr

So I'm in Miami Beach this week with work. Watched the speech in the Bagel place I've been going for breakfast. 80% Cuban, Brazilian, staff and custom in there, all cheering and all voted for him. Haven't met a single person here that didn't vote for him.

My favourite was the Brazilian Uber driver who'd come here illegally originally, paid $10k for some dodgy marriage certificate etc that means he's technically now here legally, who voted for Trump because he's going to kick the illegals out. logic being "I worked hard and saved up money to pay for my dodgy marriage certificate, if you're not willing to do that you should be kicked out". The whole lumping of them all into "hispanic" doesn't work here - the brazilians and cubans hate the mexicans almost as much as the natives do - admittedly this is based on conversations in taxis and bars over the course of a week.

I actually thought the first 5 or 6 mins of his speech was very good. It pains me to see us giving our big rail contracts to Hitachi and Siemens and the likes, when we have a very good train builder in Derby and used to have them in Donny and York as well. You should pay a little bit more to keep jobs and manufacturing at home because it benefits you in so many other ways, so that bit where he was talking about jobs and manufacturing and industry being kept in the US for US workers did resonate a bit with me.

The last 10 mins of it though, with the fcking bible stuff, was absolutely 64 carat mental. I mean really worrying, random, rambling, nonsense stuff.

So... the 6 minutes he wrote plus the rest the Republican speechwriters added to fill the time plus the make everything great again bit he wrote...
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 01:55 - Jan 21 with 2335 viewsHitch

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 00:47 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we can get over this notion that not working makes you lazy and a lower class of human then why not embrace it?

The Swedes have reduced their working week and their economy is fine.

The majority of us work so we can feed ourselves and pay bills. That's not healthy surely? We disturb our sleep, commute in a tube full of other people, work for 8 hours a day, then go home to prepare to do it all over again. Usually so we can fill the pockets of the top 1% of us, who differ very little from us other than a fluke of birth.

We concentrate on GDP and employment figures when the only thing that truest matters is our happiness and fulfilment.

That's my hippy take on it anyway.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 0:54]

Interesting concept Bazza.
Iwould suggest your success or otherwise in your life should largely rest on your own shoulders. However it would be an interesting concept of wealth being shared at death, thus allowing some a hand up and others a drop down.
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 06:44 - Jan 21 with 2291 viewsahoz

So I'm in Miami Beach this week with work. Watched the speech in the Bagel place I've been going for breakfast. 80% Cuban, Brazilian, staff and custom in there, all cheering and all voted for him. Haven't met a single person here that didn't vote for him.

My favourite was the Brazilian Uber driver who'd come here illegally originally, paid $10k for some dodgy marriage certificate etc that means he's technically now here legally, who voted for Trump because he's going to kick the illegals out. logic being "I worked hard and saved up money to pay for my dodgy marriage certificate, if you're not willing to do that you should be kicked out". The whole lumping of them all into "hispanic" doesn't work here - the brazilians and cubans hate the mexicans almost as much as the natives do - admittedly this is based on conversations in taxis and bars over the course of a week.

I actually thought the first 5 or 6 mins of his speech was very good. It pains me to see us giving our big rail contracts to Hitachi and Siemens and the likes, when we have a very good train builder in Derby and used to have them in Donny and York as well. You should pay a little bit more to keep jobs and manufacturing at home because it benefits you in so many other ways, so that bit where he was talking about jobs and manufacturing and industry being kept in the US for US workers did resonate a bit with me.

The last 10 mins of it though, with the fcking bible stuff, was absolutely 64 carat mental. I mean really worrying, random, rambling, nonsense stuff.

I find reference to xxxx bible stuff objectionable. Realise the expletive may refer to the stuff not to the Bible itself but the connection is there.
Unlike some at least you were prepared to give credit to some of Trump's speech
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 08:12 - Jan 21 with 2229 viewsBasingstokeR

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 22:01 - Jan 20 by HollowayRanger

Tory Majority, Brexit, Trump - when will the lefties learn you don't change people's minds by calling them racist, trying to censor any opinions that don't agree with yours and acting like bullies when democracy doesn't work as you think it should.

Ask yourself why labour the eu and Hillary al lost the trust and faith of the voting majority

Nothing really in your first assertion IMHO even though Ice seen people trying to suggest similar.

And to be correct (pedantic) Hillary didn't lose the faith of the voting majority, she won the voting majority by a margin the equivalent number of people of the whole of Chicago.

I'd put it down to simply - people vote for change I.e. the other party after a number of years of the previous party no matter the plethora of arguments. And that goes for the EU to.
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 10:06 - Jan 21 with 2178 views1BobbyHazell

Fair report.

Of course there is one major UK politician who would like to see the railways run for all our benefit as opposed to foreign 'investors'.

Can't remember his name though.

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 10:21 - Jan 21 with 2159 views1BobbyHazell

If we can get over this notion that not working makes you lazy and a lower class of human then why not embrace it?

The majority of us work so we can feed ourselves and pay bills. That's not healthy surely? We disturb our sleep, commute in a tube full of other people, work for 8 hours a day, then go home to prepare to do it all over again. Usually so we can fill the pockets of the top 1% of us, who differ very little from us other than a fluke of birth.

We concentrate on GDP and employment figures when the only thing that truest matters is our happiness and fulfilment.

Now you're talking brother Bazza.

It's an interesting subject that's been raised. In the Tomorrow's World like past, the imaginings of a futuristic more automated world seemed to suggest that machine would do all man's work while man relaxed in his silver space suit, but that, of course, would depend on those who own the machinery and their financiers allowing everyone to benefit from the machines work load.

With our current economic and social outlooks those whose work has been replaced would be deemed rather surplus to requirements and have to scrabble around with everyone else in the race to the bottom as the working market narrows and most of the power is held by the owners of the machinery.

At what point might we realise which principles a society actually needs to be based on to survive and thrive long term?

Love, as always, is the key.

Interesting times.
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:09 - Jan 21 with 2121 viewsisawqpratwcity

Watching an old Simpsons today...

PRESIDENT LISA: "As you know, we've inherited quite a budget crunch from President Trump..."

Smell you later!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:25 - Jan 21 with 2095 viewsFDC

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 10:21 - Jan 21 by 1BobbyHazell

Now you're talking brother Bazza.

It's an interesting subject that's been raised. In the Tomorrow's World like past, the imaginings of a futuristic more automated world seemed to suggest that machine would do all man's work while man relaxed in his silver space suit, but that, of course, would depend on those who own the machinery and their financiers allowing everyone to benefit from the machines work load.

With our current economic and social outlooks those whose work has been replaced would be deemed rather surplus to requirements and have to scrabble around with everyone else in the race to the bottom as the working market narrows and most of the power is held by the owners of the machinery.

At what point might we realise which principles a society actually needs to be based on to survive and thrive long term?

Love, as always, is the key.

Interesting times.

There is surely no greater indication of how illogical and unaligned with human interest capitalism is than the fact that automation of labour poses us a threat!

Even Keynes completely missed this, when he wrote of his concerns about how humans would use their spare time once menial labour was automated.

Alex Williams and Nick Srnicek have written good stuff on automation (Demand The Future, and Accelerationist Manifesto), arguing that we should celebrate these progressions, rather than adopt the regressive position often taken by the unions for example of demanding more jobs etc, but simultaneously develop political projects that use automation in an emancipatory way e.g. things like universal basic income should be a priority.
Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:31 - Jan 21 with 2086 viewsPommyhoop

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:25 - Jan 21 by FDC

There is surely no greater indication of how illogical and unaligned with human interest capitalism is than the fact that automation of labour poses us a threat!

Even Keynes completely missed this, when he wrote of his concerns about how humans would use their spare time once menial labour was automated.

Alex Williams and Nick Srnicek have written good stuff on automation (Demand The Future, and Accelerationist Manifesto), arguing that we should celebrate these progressions, rather than adopt the regressive position often taken by the unions for example of demanding more jobs etc, but simultaneously develop political projects that use automation in an emancipatory way e.g. things like universal basic income should be a priority.

I put a thread up on this a while back ...
Cant for the life of me remember the title ...
Was about cars that drove themselves and such like....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 2068 viewsTacticalR

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:31 - Jan 21 by Pommyhoop

I put a thread up on this a while back ...
Cant for the life of me remember the title ...
Was about cars that drove themselves and such like....

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/172820/2334153

I commented at the time that these 'new' problems are actually old problems.

Air hostess clique

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:45 - Jan 21 with 2050 viewsPommyhoop

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:38 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/172820/2334153

I commented at the time that these 'new' problems are actually old problems.

Cheers mate .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:57 - Jan 21 with 2030 viewsClive_Anderson

I've said this for years, 90% of jobs are pointless busy work anyway. During medieval times people only worked a few hours a week to feed themselves and then did what they wanted the rest of the time.

But with the land monopoly you've got to pay a fortune to live anywhere and the rest gets eaten up in tax or other government mandated expenses. Reduce living costs and no one needs to work all the time.
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 12:21 - Jan 21 with 2001 viewsMonahoop

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:57 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

I've said this for years, 90% of jobs are pointless busy work anyway. During medieval times people only worked a few hours a week to feed themselves and then did what they wanted the rest of the time.

But with the land monopoly you've got to pay a fortune to live anywhere and the rest gets eaten up in tax or other government mandated expenses. Reduce living costs and no one needs to work all the time.

In medieval times people worked to feed themselves then did what they liked. Like live in fear of persecution for speaking out against whoever ruled the land or fear of dying from a horrible disease or being pulverized on some battle field or being hung for stealing someone's cabbage. Nice times in ye days of olde. Ancient history lesson over.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 13:41 - Jan 21 with 1945 viewsBrightonhoop

I liked the choice of song to dance to.My Way. Pure class.
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 1939 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 13:41 - Jan 21 by Brightonhoop

I liked the choice of song to dance to.My Way. Pure class.

Horribly predictable.

Always the karaoke pick of the biggest git in the room.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 1775 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

: )

https://gfycat.com/PleasingShockedAmurstarfish
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 10:46]
Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:02 - Jan 24 with 1742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 12:21 - Jan 21 by Monahoop

In medieval times people worked to feed themselves then did what they liked. Like live in fear of persecution for speaking out against whoever ruled the land or fear of dying from a horrible disease or being pulverized on some battle field or being hung for stealing someone's cabbage. Nice times in ye days of olde. Ancient history lesson over.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tomorrow is President Trump Day! on 11:40 - Jan 24 with 1695 viewsFDC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024