Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 03:57 - Apr 28 with 4406 viewsJAPRANGERS

What happened to him?? The new SWP??
Karl Henry on 05:22 - Apr 28 with 3394 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ollie thought he was gash and if memory serves, told him that if he'd been in charge last summer, Monsieur Henry's services would not have been retained.

A bit like Capello and Beckham at Real Madrid a few years back. Except, Ollie isn't Capello, we're not Real and Henry is most definitely, not Golden Balls.

Thing is, while I also would not have retained him, I think I'd have kept a little more in the fold. He never hides and sometimes he can stick a shoe in when required.

Odd signing at the time, even more odd that he's stayed here so long.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Karl Henry on 06:40 - Apr 28 with 3353 viewshoopdog

Karl Henry on 05:22 - Apr 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Ollie thought he was gash and if memory serves, told him that if he'd been in charge last summer, Monsieur Henry's services would not have been retained.

A bit like Capello and Beckham at Real Madrid a few years back. Except, Ollie isn't Capello, we're not Real and Henry is most definitely, not Golden Balls.

Thing is, while I also would not have retained him, I think I'd have kept a little more in the fold. He never hides and sometimes he can stick a shoe in when required.

Yep sums it up typical IH all eggs in one basket didn't want him yet never replaced Henry's position where we have always been weak , but does anybody think we could have got the point we need in the last 6 games with him in the side , a dull player yes but not as bad as painted
Karl Henry on 06:51 - Apr 28 with 3333 viewsWatford_Ranger

Karl Henry on 06:40 - Apr 28 by hoopdog

Yep sums it up typical IH all eggs in one basket didn't want him yet never replaced Henry's position where we have always been weak , but does anybody think we could have got the point we need in the last 6 games with him in the side , a dull player yes but not as bad as painted

He really is/was every bit as bad as painted in about 80% of his games for us. Hall in that position is a far better player and that's having never played there before as far as I know. Whatever good qualities Henry had physically to somehow get him to the top division once are long gone and there's zero ability to cover for it.

Karlos will do well to get a regular place in any football league team next season.
Karl Henry on 06:53 - Apr 28 with 3331 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks for the info guys!

Wonder when his contract ends? We do pick 'em don't we?
Karl Henry on 07:00 - Apr 28 with 3318 viewsPunteR

Blimey.. forgot he was still here. I wasn't even a Henry hater.
Probably could have done with his experience in midfield. Probably.
Who knows what goes on behind the scenes...?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Karl Henry on 07:25 - Apr 28 with 3282 viewshoopdog

Karl Henry on 06:51 - Apr 28 by Watford_Ranger

He really is/was every bit as bad as painted in about 80% of his games for us. Hall in that position is a far better player and that's having never played there before as far as I know. Whatever good qualities Henry had physically to somehow get him to the top division once are long gone and there's zero ability to cover for it.

Karlos will do well to get a regular place in any football league team next season.

OK IH thought Hall could do the job better was he sure Hall could go the rest of the season injury free ,, as said all eggs he could have got a loan every side needs cover in all positions
Karl Henry on 08:08 - Apr 28 with 3224 viewstoboboly

Karl Henry on 05:22 - Apr 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Wasn't it more that IH said he wasn't going to get game time and could look for another club, KH came out saying IH was unprofessional etc and then got sent to the kids training?

KH was and has always been a terrible player for us. No one should or needs to be defending him. He shouldn't have been signed from Wolves, shouldn't have had an extension and shouldn't have been playing.

Would any of you take him ahead of Hall, Manning, Freeman or even Luongo?

Faurlin and Hill would have been better ways to have spent that money. JFH's judgement clearly questionable.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Karl Henry on 08:21 - Apr 28 with 3197 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Karl Henry on 06:51 - Apr 28 by Watford_Ranger

I don't agree he was as bad as painted. I do think that Hall is much better in that position but KH was definitely the scapegoat of choice for a long time.

I tend to agree that we might have picked up a point or two in the last six games with a bit more steel in the side.
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 08:39 - Apr 28 with 3161 viewshoopdog

Karl Henry on 08:08 - Apr 28 by toboboly

Wasn't it more that IH said he wasn't going to get game time and could look for another club, KH came out saying IH was unprofessional etc and then got sent to the kids training?

KH was and has always been a terrible player for us. No one should or needs to be defending him. He shouldn't have been signed from Wolves, shouldn't have had an extension and shouldn't have been playing.

Would any of you take him ahead of Hall, Manning, Freeman or even Luongo?

Faurlin and Hill would have been better ways to have spent that money. JFH's judgement clearly questionable.

It's not a question of defending KH or Hall being better it's about Holloway leaving us with out cover for Hall , referring to Manning FREEMAN and Luongo is not on those are poor defensively that why we are left sweating

PS one thing Henry is/was right about Holloway is unprofessional the Last 6 games tell us that
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 8:43]
Karl Henry on 08:56 - Apr 28 with 3121 viewsToast_R

Never thought I'd see the day when the pining starts for Karl Henry. Desperate days indeed.
Karl Henry on 08:59 - Apr 28 with 3115 viewstoboboly

Karl Henry on 08:39 - Apr 28 by hoopdog

It's not a question of defending KH or Hall being better it's about Holloway leaving us with out cover for Hall , referring to Manning FREEMAN and Luongo is not on those are poor defensively that why we are left sweating

PS one thing Henry is/was right about Holloway is unprofessional the Last 6 games tell us that
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 8:43]

Surely we have cover in Perch/Doughty/Furlong/Petrasso/Manning/Luongo/Robinson and maybe some youth players or other defenders (Caulker for example).

However KH wasn't being used the same way as Hall and that showed, he was constantly over-run and didn't have the ability or vision to counter this. Hall was then moved by IH which was a very good move to shore up a terrible defence and instill some bite in a lacklustre midfield.

If Luongo can't do the odd defensive stint then we need to ask what is the point in footballers.

I think the last 6 games don't show IH is unprofessional just that he is confused and has confused the players.

edit: we also had Borysiuk as a defensive option.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 9:13]

Karl Henry on 09:10 - Apr 28 with 3077 viewseghamranger

Karl Henry on 06:53 - Apr 28 by JAPRANGERS

Thanks for the info guys!

Wonder when his contract ends? We do pick 'em don't we?

His last home game tmr.

Oh well... bye Karl
Karl Henry on 09:19 - Apr 28 with 3042 viewshoopdog

Karl Henry on 08:56 - Apr 28 by Toast_R

Never thought I'd see the day when the pining starts for Karl Henry. Desperate days indeed.

The last 6 games and relying on B/burn losing do sugest it's desperate days
But then Holloways not unprofessional just confused
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 9:22]
Karl Henry on 09:38 - Apr 28 with 2992 viewsstevec

Karl Henry on 06:40 - Apr 28 by hoopdog

He's obviously past his best but, as you say, imagine we'd have got the odd point here and there if he was available when Hall out injured. As the thread about Hall earlier this week pointed out, an awful lot of losses when we've decent no holding player.

Think he gets judged a little unfairly at LR. In the play off promotion season, he was the only player, apart from Austin, where the team averaged 2 points a game when playing, he played around 2/3 of the games.

He has also played at the top level many more seasons than any other in the squad so he must have had something going for him.
Karl Henry on 09:41 - Apr 28 with 2986 viewsdanehoop

To be fair, I dont think Henry is as terrible as we are making out - but heaven knows that our support currently seems to have a QPR player to demonise and abuse. He didnt hide (despite the poisonous abuse) and always put the effort at whatever role he was asked to fill, often doing the ugly stuff well. But he was limited and that was exposed quite a lot when asked to play a role he wasnt suited to.

Dont hate him, just think he did what anyone in his position (an career L1/Championship player at career end) would have done to ensure that he had greatest financial benefit. You know at the end of the season he will either retire or more likely pick up another year or two at a lower level, knowing that he is already financially secure and injury free.

The real crime is whoever let a contract with the player that allowed an automatic contract extension to implemented if the player wanted to exercise the option. His last extension remember was one that no-one at the club wanted to happen. IH took a look, decided that there was no future in playing Henry as he didnt fit what he wanted going forward and also that he would be leaving at the end of the season because of age/cost irrespective. Henry can't really complain about that, he exercised the contract option clearly knowing that there would be less game time - but despite other interest decided that it was the best move for him (rightly from a financial perspective) at this point in his career.

Never knowingly understood

Karl Henry on 10:18 - Apr 28 with 2941 viewspaulparker

Goes to show how poor we have been doing if people actually think Henry is a good player and would do a job for us now , cast your minds back he was shocking when we were getting beat off Newcastle & Preston at home, he has out stayed his welcome by at least 2 years a truly terrible player , some of you lot need to lay off the acid tabs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Karl Henry on 10:41 - Apr 28 with 2895 viewsqueensparker

Ironically his best season for us was the second time we went down from the Prem, had a lot of decent performances that year and was one of our best players.

Since then he's been getting slower and even more limited and this season has been completely woeful and anonymous. Glad he's out the team, his time has gone.
Karl Henry on 10:59 - Apr 28 with 2853 viewsTacticalR

The point is that we need someone in the Derry/Henry/Barton (when his mind was on the job) role. That's why our stats with and without Hall are so dramatically different as shown in Jack Supple's tweet. Oppo teams are taking free shots from the edge of our box, not being tracked from midfield, and as we saw for the first Brentford goal, not being tracked in the box from corners.

Air hostess clique

Karl Henry on 11:07 - Apr 28 with 2832 viewstoboboly

Karl Henry on 10:59 - Apr 28 by TacticalR

The point is that we need someone in the Derry/Henry/Barton (when his mind was on the job) role. That's why our stats with and without Hall are so dramatically different as shown in Jack Supple's tweet. Oppo teams are taking free shots from the edge of our box, not being tracked from midfield, and as we saw for the first Brentford goal, not being tracked in the box from corners.

Very true but KH is not the answer. Doughty has disappeared, Borysiuk was bombed out/not good enough, surely one of the other midfielders or defenders could do a job there.

Perch for instance has always looked better as long as he isn't at right back, so play him there instead of causing carnage on the right hand side.

Karl Henry on 11:08 - Apr 28 with 2829 viewsBAWHoops

Bought in by Redknapp in a team that played possession football so wasn't actually needed.
Was shoe horned in and asked to play like Busquets which is ridiculous.

In the PL he was fantastic. Played as a destroyer in CM and did very well.

Next season in Champ was mercilessly abused. Did alright and was nowhere near as bad as everyone made out

Shouldn't have had his deal extended but oh well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Karl Henry on 11:15 - Apr 28 with 2806 viewsTacticalR

I was going to suggest bringing Makelele out of retirement for a couple of games, but I see he is busy as Clement's assistant at Swansea.

Air hostess clique

Karl Henry on 11:48 - Apr 28 with 2746 viewsstonebridgers

With the election on the horizon I presume he is treading the streets of West London distributing Teresa May's propaganda leaflets.

Stonebridgers

Karl Henry on 11:56 - Apr 28 with 2725 viewssmegma

Anyone who was given the runaround by 'our Joey' (Wolves away) can't have been much cop in the first place. Only player ever found in Joeys back pocket.
Karl Henry on 12:15 - Apr 28 with 2692 viewshoopdog

Karl Henry on 10:18 - Apr 28 by paulparker

Goes to show how poor we have been doing if people actually think Henry is a good player and would do a job for us now , cast your minds back he was shocking when we were getting beat off Newcastle & Preston at home, he has out stayed his welcome by at least 2 years a truly terrible player , some of you lot need to lay off the acid tabs

P P where has anybody apart from you used the words good player in the same breath as KH ????
Karl Henry on 12:32 - Apr 28 with 2642 viewsbosh67

Henry is nowhere as bad as his pantomime baddy reputation amongst most fans here. Arguments and worse happen all the time in training and I think Ollie has treated him harshly. Luongo has struggled to play that position and Ollie has also got rid of Doughty for contention. I am concerned that Ollie doesn't have the man management skills to deal with some of these players.

Doughty lasted one game. Was he that bad? I was at that game. He needed games under his belt but he got bombed out the squad. The Polish lad that left looked pretty good in that holding role, but he went as well. Obviously Hall has been doing a fine job and ultimately could be the long term Derry style midfield enforcer, but I do worry that a player who has been very professional here gets frozen out completely over a row. There were a number of games where Henry, while limited, was actually one of the better players on the pitch. He broke up play, he did the simple things. He wasn't a Derry or Hill, but I don't think we would have capitulated as badly in the deep line midfield with him as an option.

I think he has been pretty poorly treated here by fans. SWP perhaps deserved a lot of criticism, I really don't think Henry has deserved half of it. We've had a lot worse players who the fans have embraced like a long lost son. Henry has had it in the neck here from many from day one. Personally, given what we face, I would have him available. Ollie thinks differently. I think he's wrong.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024