Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) 08:12 - Jun 25 with 7241 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

3-0 Orkney.

Rogvald McHoy, Tavish Wallibisterson, and Angus Kirkness with the goals.

Sorry for the racist made up names Karl.

Good luck from the Orkney Supporters Club (Shepherds Bush Branch)

[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 8:35]
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 13:17 - Jun 25 with 3884 viewskarl

It's spelt Rognvald (same as my uncle)!
Thanks Bazza, we're getting collected and travelling to the game on the same bus as Menorca (!) at 3.30. Got a full squad and despite a handful of niggles no injury worries. Team for those interested is;
McConnachie

Kirkness
McFerran
Bews (c)
Horne

Gillon
Stout
Drever
Flett
Hellewell S.

Hellewell C

Weather conditions are more Orcadian with a blustery wind, light showers and a fairly benign 16 degrees. Still warm for us as that's a decent summer temperature but they have stated there will only be official water breaks if the temp is 25 in the shade, cruel bast#rds.

Looking forward to it and especially for LBlock I have been wearing a white bucket hat to protect my balding bonce so have already been christened Perry, so make of that what you will mate!
Should be live feed at 4pm BST on BBC Radio Orkney Facebook page, thanks for the support and hope we can pull something out of the bag!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 15:15 - Jun 25 with 3830 viewsWatford_Ranger

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 13:17 - Jun 25 by karl

Thanks Bazza, we're getting collected and travelling to the game on the same bus as Menorca (!) at 3.30. Got a full squad and despite a handful of niggles no injury worries. Team for those interested is;
McConnachie

Kirkness
McFerran
Bews (c)
Horne

Gillon
Stout
Drever
Flett
Hellewell S.

Hellewell C

Weather conditions are more Orcadian with a blustery wind, light showers and a fairly benign 16 degrees. Still warm for us as that's a decent summer temperature but they have stated there will only be official water breaks if the temp is 25 in the shade, cruel bast#rds.

Looking forward to it and especially for LBlock I have been wearing a white bucket hat to protect my balding bonce so have already been christened Perry, so make of that what you will mate!
Should be live feed at 4pm BST on BBC Radio Orkney Facebook page, thanks for the support and hope we can pull something out of the bag!

I picture them all as the PES Master League team.
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 15:39 - Jun 25 with 3816 viewsDorse

McConnachie

Kirkness
McFerran
Bews (c)
Horne

Gillon
Stout
Drever
Flett
Hellewell S.

Hellewell C

The FIFA 18 Orkney team - now with bucket hats.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 15:40]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 17:04 - Jun 25 with 3766 viewsFredManRave

Is that a 5¬3¬1 line up with wing backs?!

Hunter will be pleased.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 20:09 - Jun 25 with 3668 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 17:04 - Jun 25 by FredManRave

Is that a 5¬3¬1 line up with wing backs?!

Hunter will be pleased.

Gutted to have lost 1-0 but everything we worked on defensively was carried out perfectly. We were very nervous for the first 20 and gave a lot of possession and I think this ultimately cost us a result as we were that tired later on that we were giving away cheap possession at times due to fatigue and it just stopped us building up a momentum which would have let us snatch something.
Stats will show we had very little possession but we knew this would happen, Menorca are ranked third and justifiably so.
Fred, I have to admit that at times it resembled a 6-3-1 formation but it was a 4-5-1, honestly!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 21:58 - Jun 25 with 3617 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 20:09 - Jun 25 by karl

Gutted to have lost 1-0 but everything we worked on defensively was carried out perfectly. We were very nervous for the first 20 and gave a lot of possession and I think this ultimately cost us a result as we were that tired later on that we were giving away cheap possession at times due to fatigue and it just stopped us building up a momentum which would have let us snatch something.
Stats will show we had very little possession but we knew this would happen, Menorca are ranked third and justifiably so.
Fred, I have to admit that at times it resembled a 6-3-1 formation but it was a 4-5-1, honestly!

go and win the next game mate, we're all behind you! see the IOM made a good start.
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 22:17 - Jun 25 with 3595 viewsFredManRave

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 21:58 - Jun 25 by distortR

go and win the next game mate, we're all behind you! see the IOM made a good start.

Next game-s a Must Win?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 22:19 - Jun 25 with 3591 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 22:17 - Jun 25 by FredManRave

Next game-s a Must Win?!

Aaassgh!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:35 - Jun 26 with 3488 viewsDorse

There was a decent segment of BBC News channel on the island games last night but they didn't mention the football.

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:45 - Jun 26 with 3482 viewssmegma

McConnachie

Kirkness
McFerran
Bews (c)
Horne

Gillon
Stout
Drever
Flett
Hellewell S.

Hellewell C

Not as good as
Hagerty F
Hagerty R
Tomkins
Noble
Carrick
Dobson
Crapper
Dewhurst
MacIntyre
Tread more
Davitt
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:06 - Jun 26 with 3465 viewskarl

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:45 - Jun 26 by smegma

Not as good as
Hagerty F
Hagerty R
Tomkins
Noble
Carrick
Dobson
Crapper
Dewhurst
MacIntyre
Tread more
Davitt

We'll I'm hoping that todays line up vs Alderney can match up with those heroes!

McConnachie

Rendall
Bews
Thomson
Horne

Hellewell S
MacVie
Stout
Drever
Hourston

Flett

Alderney lost 3-0 to Jersey yesterday so a big game for both Islands now, kick off 12 noon BST.
We are able to watch Jersey v Menorca later so hopefully we can win today and get an idea of what we're up against tomorrow.
#prayfororkney
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 16:38 - Jun 26 with 3344 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:06 - Jun 26 by karl

We'll I'm hoping that todays line up vs Alderney can match up with those heroes!

McConnachie

Rendall
Bews
Thomson
Horne

Hellewell S
MacVie
Stout
Drever
Hourston

Flett

Alderney lost 3-0 to Jersey yesterday so a big game for both Islands now, kick off 12 noon BST.
We are able to watch Jersey v Menorca later so hopefully we can win today and get an idea of what we're up against tomorrow.
#prayfororkney

Hey hey!
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 17:00 - Jun 26 with 3323 viewsKonk

There's no shame in losing 1-0 to Menorca, Karl. Put it behind you - glory is still in sight! Obviously have a tough opening game could knock confidence, so here's my top tip for convincing your team you believe in them — get a betting slip from the bookies, write on it “Orkney to win the Island Games”, 20-1 with a stake of £100m*. Show it to the team before the next game and say, “See this? I've put everything on the line - that's everything I have! This is how much I believe in you! ”. They will feel 100 feet tall and smash the opposition.

*N.B. Do not actually place this bet — it’s simply a device to demonstrate your belief in their talent, teamwork and ability to go all the way (wahey!).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 18:06 - Jun 26 with 3299 viewsdistortR

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 17:00 - Jun 26 by Konk

There's no shame in losing 1-0 to Menorca, Karl. Put it behind you - glory is still in sight! Obviously have a tough opening game could knock confidence, so here's my top tip for convincing your team you believe in them — get a betting slip from the bookies, write on it “Orkney to win the Island Games”, 20-1 with a stake of £100m*. Show it to the team before the next game and say, “See this? I've put everything on the line - that's everything I have! This is how much I believe in you! ”. They will feel 100 feet tall and smash the opposition.

*N.B. Do not actually place this bet — it’s simply a device to demonstrate your belief in their talent, teamwork and ability to go all the way (wahey!).

it has been put behind him, I think!

[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 18:10]
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 18:53 - Jun 26 with 3275 viewsChinajohn

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:45 - Jun 26 by smegma

Not as good as
Hagerty F
Hagerty R
Tomkins
Noble
Carrick
Dobson
Crapper
Dewhurst
MacIntyre
Tread more
Davitt

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 19:11 - Jun 26 with 3261 viewskarl

Got the win we wanted today, 3-0 and comfortable too, able to rest a few boys and take others off early.
Thought we lost a full back to a broken foot but fortunately only heavily bruising but he's out for the competition .
Watched Jersey very fortunately come back from 3-0 down to scrape a 3-3 draw against Menorca they had to work very hard and had their strongest team on the pitch apparently, 3-1 down on 87 mins and were making our game yesterday look a decent result! Beat them tomorrow and we finish second in the group,
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 22:02 - Jun 26 with 3198 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 19:11 - Jun 26 by karl

Got the win we wanted today, 3-0 and comfortable too, able to rest a few boys and take others off early.
Thought we lost a full back to a broken foot but fortunately only heavily bruising but he's out for the competition .
Watched Jersey very fortunately come back from 3-0 down to scrape a 3-3 draw against Menorca they had to work very hard and had their strongest team on the pitch apparently, 3-1 down on 87 mins and were making our game yesterday look a decent result! Beat them tomorrow and we finish second in the group,

Well done, man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:40 - Jun 27 with 3124 viewskarl

Final group game, we're going to try and press for a win or at least a draw vs Jersey but realistically they should be too good for us. Last time we met was a 12-0 defeat so history against us too. They're sitting with 7 on yellow cards who will miss semifinal if pick up another and they win the group so interesting how they approach things.
Team will be;

McConnachie

Kirkness
McFerran
Bews (c)
Horne

Hourston
Stout
Drever
Flett
Hellewell S.

Hellewell C

#prayfororkney (worked yesterday!)
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:43 - Jun 27 with 3120 viewsterryb

So you have reached your expectations Karl.

Today is the day that you will exceed them!

Never mind that Orkney expects, this message board certainly does! Good luck.
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:00 - Jun 27 with 3113 viewsKonk

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 08:40 - Jun 27 by karl

Final group game, we're going to try and press for a win or at least a draw vs Jersey but realistically they should be too good for us. Last time we met was a 12-0 defeat so history against us too. They're sitting with 7 on yellow cards who will miss semifinal if pick up another and they win the group so interesting how they approach things.
Team will be;

McConnachie

Kirkness
McFerran
Bews (c)
Horne

Hourston
Stout
Drever
Flett
Hellewell S.

Hellewell C

#prayfororkney (worked yesterday!)

History is exactly that - we're in the present, playing for the future!

All opponents deserve respect, but you have nothing to fear from Bergerac's boys. It's Jersey, not Germany. Stay focused, run hard and play without fear (at this point you should show them that betting slip). FOR ORKNEY!!! (You then lead the charge out onto the pitch where you all have a massive bundle as the timid Jersey ponces meekly make their way out onto the pitch.

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:08 - Jun 27 with 3105 viewssmegma

'And had their strongest team on the pitch'.....

Note to Ian Holloway
Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:09 - Jun 27 with 3105 viewshopphoops

Come on you Orks!

You need to terrify those Jersey lightweights, Karl. Wise move bringing in Chopper McFerran.

LFW is with you.

PS Hope they don't have Matt le Tiss.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:14 - Jun 27 with 3098 viewsKonk

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:09 - Jun 27 by hopphoops

Come on you Orks!

You need to terrify those Jersey lightweights, Karl. Wise move bringing in Chopper McFerran.

LFW is with you.

PS Hope they don't have Matt le Tiss.

Ich bin ein Orcadian as JFK would have said, had he lived to see Orkney take on Jersey in the Island games.

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:26 - Jun 27 with 3086 viewshopphoops

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:14 - Jun 27 by Konk

Ich bin ein Orcadian as JFK would have said, had he lived to see Orkney take on Jersey in the Island games.

Hope you're not being Sark-y there Konk.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Match Thread (Orkney v Menorca) on 09:48 - Jun 27 with 3072 viewsDorse

The Quarter Final against either Tracy Island or the Island of Dr Moreaux beckons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024