Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October 09:15 - Oct 1 with 3956 viewsBushRanger82

One win in six games, a draw at home to Burton, just about salvaging a point against Millwall, and losing at home to Fulham, the winless streak on the road continuing unabated, September proved to be disappointing.

Yet, we're on the right road, so I'm told.

I've yet to be convinced of that.

Has to be improvement in results this month for any claims of improvement on last season's performances to start even holding a thimble full of water.
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 09:54 - Oct 1 with 3906 viewsHooped_Pullie

We have four games in October : two away first against big-name strugglers who can hardly buy a win between them (Sunderland & Bolton) followed by two home games against teams who, this season at least, are proving to be way ahead of us (Wolves & Sheffield Utd).

If that doesn't make for a season-defining month, I don't know what does. Too early to panic, of course, but nonetheless the next four weeks will go a long way towards telling us where we'll be come May next year. I'm in the camp that says back the manager, however I do muse about how many changes at the top we'll have before we find our own Dyche or Howe. For now though, let's back Holloway, not least because we need a bit of stability right now...and hope for a few more points by the time November's chill rolls around.
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 10:03 - Oct 1 with 3882 viewsLblock

Battered Burton
Width of a crossbar away from 3 points v Millwall
Inches away from equaliser v Foolham

Add in if you please:-
Deserved point at Boro robbed after a ball over the line
Lua Lua missed sitter at Cardiv
Could easily of beaten Barnsley away on a Tuesday night
We’ve got more injuries than an ISIS camp
Having to rely on strikers not the Managers choice
Bungle spunked all the dough and we are skint

All about what context you want to look at. I’m one of the most negative people in the world at times but I’m still positive
As long as we can keep 6 or 7 points away from the bottom three I’m happy enough this season

You are right though.... I’m hoping for better results in October

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 10:24 - Oct 1 with 3866 viewsozexile

Guaranteed 3 points for Sunderland. It's just what we do.
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 13:23 - Oct 1 with 3730 viewsRangersDave

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 10:03 - Oct 1 by Lblock

Battered Burton

All about what context you want to look at. I’m one of the most negative people in the world at times but I’m still positive
As long as we can keep 6 or 7 points away from the bottom three I’m happy enough this season

Without trying to be argumentative mate, especially on a Sunday but.......

It’s the ball in the bag that counts, not if, not why, not maybe.
We cannot live off or even survive off, ifs and buts.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 13:26 - Oct 1 with 3726 viewsHayesender

I see Bolton haven't won yet. You just know what's round the corner.

Karl Henry with the winner no doubt

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:14 - Oct 1 with 3671 viewsNov77

OP says 1 win in the last 6, it's actually 1 win in the last 8, that was against Ipswich where Holloway admitted we were lucky a handball wasn't spotted in the build up to 1 of our goals.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:20 - Oct 1 with 3664 viewsQPR_John

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 10:03 - Oct 1 by Lblock

Battered Burton

"Having to rely on strikers not the Managers choice "

Who would be the managers choice
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:28 - Oct 1 with 3648 viewskensalriser

Now three positions and two points worse off than we were this time last year.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:31 - Oct 1 with 3645 viewsEsox_Lucius

Some of our suporters appear to absolutely thrive on QPR struggling; not really my definition of a supporter but hey ho, I believe The Doors once sang a song about it.
We look to be on course for 16th/ 17th place I thought that we would be in come May. A Austin/ Remy/ Cissé quality striker would cause me to revise that to a top half finish as I am fairly satisfied with the efforts of the squad so far this season, as frustrating as it can be at times.

The grass is always greener.

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:34 - Oct 1 with 3638 viewsAntti_Heinola

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:14 - Oct 1 by Nov77

OP says 1 win in the last 6, it's actually 1 win in the last 8, that was against Ipswich where Holloway admitted we were lucky a handball wasn't spotted in the build up to 1 of our goals.

might've been lucky with that goa, but hardly lucky overall. We murdered them. Could have been 5.
Half of me thinks someone is going to get a gubbing soon if we keep having 25 shots, because one day a load will go in. Part of me thinks we might lose confidence and sink badly. Very much in the balance.

Bare bones.

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 15:22 - Oct 1 with 3577 viewsMatch82

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 13:23 - Oct 1 by RangersDave

Yeah but we are talking about the rest of the season, another 30 games.

How we have been playing is a better predictor of how we are likely to do in the future than the actual results. We would all rather have a 1-0 win where we play badly. But in our last three games if we had won them all 1-0 with an own goal in each and the oppo had battered us and hit the crossbar 18 times, we would rightly be concerned about how likely we would be to win the next game
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 16:03 - Oct 1 with 3546 viewsTacticalR

Looking at Burton's two 0-4 home defeats this week (against Wolves and Villa) our result against them doesn't look good, but then again before playing us Burton had beaten Fulham.

Air hostess clique

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 3506 viewsdaveB

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 16:03 - Oct 1 by TacticalR

Looking at Burton's two 0-4 home defeats this week (against Wolves and Villa) our result against them doesn't look good, but then again before playing us Burton had beaten Fulham.

If you score first against Burton then you tend to win against them as they have to come out and play so gaps open up, thats whats happened in last two games. We started slowly against them and the longer you go without scoring against them the harder it gets

Overall though 11 games in we've played 8 teams we faced last season and are a point up on what we did last season so small improvement in terms of results but imo we are miles better in terms of performance.

Still a lot to do but I don't think it's been a poor month, the Ipswich, Millwall and Fulham games were all far more entertaining and exciting than we've seen for a long time.
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 17:55 - Oct 1 with 3448 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 13:23 - Oct 1 by RangersDave

I think you have to take LBlocks comments in the context of his historical posts. As he says, he tends to be a bit pessimistic and I think he is merely pointing out we could have had quite a few more points.

For me we are competing in every game. The only way we will go down is if we bring it on ourselves, including sacking IH.
Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 18:08 - Oct 1 with 3425 viewsBlackCrowe

We can play with all the passion, commitment, pressing and good looking football, creating plenty of chances but we are so bereft of a quality strike force that it's always going to be difficult.

If we had that, i honestly think we'd be top 6 today.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 18:57 - Oct 1 with 3346 viewsTacticalR

Surely when management at QPR read this thread they'll know they've got to buck up their ideas?

Air hostess clique

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 21:59 - Oct 1 with 3162 viewsLblock

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:20 - Oct 1 by QPR_John

"Having to rely on strikers not the Managers choice "

Who would be the managers choice

Matt Smith plus three others I'd say?

It's kind of accepted we were in for Bogle but Cardiff played a better tune, so we wanted at least one more
Ollie is handcuffed by Bungles previous kid on sugar approach plus I reckon if we'd offloaded Caulker we'd 100% have two more players in than we currently have.

Ollie clearly doesn't rate Cilla and I reckon his public backing of Washington was a confidence ploy and it's not really worked.

Having said that. I think Ollie is STILL the man to get the best out of what we've got and I'd trust him to bring "the right sort" [(c) CandleFace] to the club.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 22:53 - Oct 1 with 3064 viewsPunteR

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 18:08 - Oct 1 by BlackCrowe

We can play with all the passion, commitment, pressing and good looking football, creating plenty of chances but we are so bereft of a quality strike force that it's always going to be difficult.

If we had that, i honestly think we'd be top 6 today.

Yep. Ive been saying it for the last two seasons, we need a decent striker. We've never replaced Austin.
Dont come cheap though do they...?
If only Washington could find a bit of form at this level..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 23:03 - Oct 1 with 3048 viewsBakes

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 22:53 - Oct 1 by PunteR

Yep. Ive been saying it for the last two seasons, we need a decent striker. We've never replaced Austin.
Dont come cheap though do they...?
If only Washington could find a bit of form at this level..

If only we played to our strikers strengths then maybe they would score.

How on earth did Washington score so many goals for Peterborough and now scores freely for Northern Ireland yet can’t get a goal for us? Because we have him trying to pluck out balls from the sky whilst he has his back to goal, the man wants it on the deck, on the shoulder of the defender, I feel sorry for him sometimes, it’s like pulling the wings from a bee and still expecting it to make the sweet stuff.

Sylla wants crosses in behind but don’t worry about that. He’s useless. Can’t score, need to sign another striker. need to get a player on loan, need this, need that.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 23:17]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 00:42 - Oct 2 with 3008 viewsPunteR

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 23:03 - Oct 1 by Bakes

If only we played to our strikers strengths then maybe they would score.

How on earth did Washington score so many goals for Peterborough and now scores freely for Northern Ireland yet can’t get a goal for us? Because we have him trying to pluck out balls from the sky whilst he has his back to goal, the man wants it on the deck, on the shoulder of the defender, I feel sorry for him sometimes, it’s like pulling the wings from a bee and still expecting it to make the sweet stuff.

Sylla wants crosses in behind but don’t worry about that. He’s useless. Can’t score, need to sign another striker. need to get a player on loan, need this, need that.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 23:17]

Washington has had loads of opportunities to stick it in the net .Yes maybe we're not playing to his strengths but he has to make it count when the opportunity arises. Thats what makes a good goal scorer isnt it?
He got the goal friday tbf and hopefully he'll build some confidence and form from that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 01:32 - Oct 2 with 2982 viewskensalriser

Not sure I'd describe Washington as 'scoring freely' for NI. He's scored three, one each v Slovenia, Belarus and Norway. And his goals for Posh were scored at a lower level than the Championship.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 08:22 - Oct 2 with 2854 viewspaulparker

I can see us getting 4 points this month , I reckon we will draw with Wolves and beat sheff utd seeing us lose against Sunderland & Bolton
as long as we stay up I don't mind at least we are not getting tonked every week and the entertainment value as at least improved from the dark days of JFH ( I see he is working his magic already at the cobblers )
if we had Ned & Hall I think we would be at least 5th or 6th but it is what it is , I reckon it says more about caulker that he still cannot get in the side when we are down to the bare bones (copyright Arry) that he still cannot get fit , and still drinking by all accounts , the sooner we can get rid of him the better , 40 large a week FFS
as for the strikers I would give Sylla and Washington a chance to flourish and build a partnership and give wheeler a couple of games on the right , as long as freeman stays fit we will be ok, lose him and id say we are fooked
Plenty of positives this season already
scowen, Luango, freeman ,is as good as midfield as anything ive seen in the championship , wheeler looks committed, Bidwell has improved , Bright , Shodipo and manning should be competing for a place on the left , Eze and Ingram having good loan spells , Robinson looking a better centre back than Lynch , Mackie bar the Fulham game looks a little bit back to his best
and the support although short in numbers every week(stupid ticket prices) has stayed with the team, in true QPR fashion we will win the games we don't expect and drop points against those we should beat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 09:24 - Oct 2 with 2796 viewssimmo

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 08:22 - Oct 2 by paulparker

I can see us getting 4 points this month , I reckon we will draw with Wolves and beat sheff utd seeing us lose against Sunderland & Bolton
as long as we stay up I don't mind at least we are not getting tonked every week and the entertainment value as at least improved from the dark days of JFH ( I see he is working his magic already at the cobblers )
if we had Ned & Hall I think we would be at least 5th or 6th but it is what it is , I reckon it says more about caulker that he still cannot get in the side when we are down to the bare bones (copyright Arry) that he still cannot get fit , and still drinking by all accounts , the sooner we can get rid of him the better , 40 large a week FFS
as for the strikers I would give Sylla and Washington a chance to flourish and build a partnership and give wheeler a couple of games on the right , as long as freeman stays fit we will be ok, lose him and id say we are fooked
Plenty of positives this season already
scowen, Luango, freeman ,is as good as midfield as anything ive seen in the championship , wheeler looks committed, Bidwell has improved , Bright , Shodipo and manning should be competing for a place on the left , Eze and Ingram having good loan spells , Robinson looking a better centre back than Lynch , Mackie bar the Fulham game looks a little bit back to his best
and the support although short in numbers every week(stupid ticket prices) has stayed with the team, in true QPR fashion we will win the games we don't expect and drop points against those we should beat

This is about right.

I am not in it for the results at the moment while we're building and doing things correctly. My weekend is a lot worse when we lose but I spent years hating the way we were going about things and hoping we would return to this kind of team and these kind of performances, so I won't complain too much. That being said I hope we do get some people back from injury and start picking up points soon to maintain the positive atmosphere we've seen so far.

As above I think at some point all of these crosses and shots are going to go in and we'll start getting more of what we deserve. Very big back to back away games coming up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 09:38 - Oct 2 with 2779 viewsNortholt_Rs

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 01:32 - Oct 2 by kensalriser

Not sure I'd describe Washington as 'scoring freely' for NI. He's scored three, one each v Slovenia, Belarus and Norway. And his goals for Posh were scored at a lower level than the Championship.

Plus I think he only had one decent season for Posh. Right?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 2740 viewsichbinnaughty

Poor September, mustn't be followed by a poor October on 14:28 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Now three positions and two points worse off than we were this time last year.

Hasselbaink IN
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024