Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 40436 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 16:48 - Dec 12 with 2157 viewsGloucs_R

Mr Holloway on 16:16 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

So you only read the first line

When we were making loads of chances they were still missing them.

OK Birch

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 17:12 - Dec 12 with 2101 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 10:25 - Dec 12 by gazza1

Poor old Holloway is not the answer any more, never was in my opinion when he was appointed. (Nor should Bircham be here). Respect to both of them for what they have done for the Rangers.

Many reasons why Holloway should be replaced varying from team selections, team tactics, team formations, team substitutions and more.

I do not blame Holloway, I blame the people that appointed him.

I understand why ‘punters’👍👍(Hunter) want to keep him but we are heading south pretty quick, not sure we are going down though, but we need a change and I don’t want changes so frequently. (Glad Ramsey and JFH went though).

Get a new man in and let him start preparations for next season hopefully in the championship - we got nothing to loose.

You don't want changes but glad CR and JFH want and you want IH to go?
Mr Holloway on 17:22 - Dec 12 with 2061 viewsBostonR

Mr Holloway on 16:16 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

So you only read the first line

When we were making loads of chances they were still missing them.

Your not watching the games, because we have not been making that many chances.

Take Saturday for starters - hardly a strike on goal! We relied on their keeper fecking up! Smith has some decent credentials but chasing defenders down is not one of them.

If you play him, get two wingers in position and fire those crosses in and given his size and heading ability he will score goals and win his fair share of corners. It's fairly simple and obvious but Holloway does not see it.
Mr Holloway on 17:37 - Dec 12 with 2026 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 17:22 - Dec 12 by BostonR

Your not watching the games, because we have not been making that many chances.

Take Saturday for starters - hardly a strike on goal! We relied on their keeper fecking up! Smith has some decent credentials but chasing defenders down is not one of them.

If you play him, get two wingers in position and fire those crosses in and given his size and heading ability he will score goals and win his fair share of corners. It's fairly simple and obvious but Holloway does not see it.

The word you may have missed was "were" we had games where we "were" making 20+

I saw the whole game and even commented were never looked like scoring, we did, however, make a few chances in the first half

It's to simple to think getting crosses it will result in goals, maybe Smith will but with Sylla, it has to bobble off him and Washington will simple miss, don't remember Mackie scoring many with his head ever. just the one v Man C
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 17:39]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 17:37 - Dec 12 with 2021 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mr Holloway on 10:46 - Dec 12 by Rs_Holy

yep! all those saying Ollie should go have to come up with 2 lists...

1. Managers available who would do better.
2. Managers from the first list who would take a punt on us right now.

That’s why the DOF gets paid a handsome salary.... It’s part of his job to scout world football to find suitable candidates to propel the club forward. Although his track record of Ramsey, JFH and Holloway hardly inspires confidence in his ability to actually do his job... Maybe Spurs will offer him a DOF role to take him off our hands. Or maybe not....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mr Holloway on 17:39 - Dec 12 with 2013 viewsloftinspace

Terrible appointment, as many pointed out at the time. As was JFH. As was Les.

TF had his pants successively pulled down by Team Bernie, then by Kia J which started the feeding frenzy. His points return per pound invested makes him one the most spectacular failures of all time in football terms. But a boom / bust approach to economics - his favoured option - is deeply problematic.

He needs to learn very fast. He made the mistake of hanging onto Harry until it was too late, and he's in danger of repeating that mistake.
Mr Holloway on 17:43 - Dec 12 with 2004 viewsWestbourneR

Mr Holloway on 15:59 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who would you have mate?

Presuming the following conditions:

- Unemployed (No compensation)
- Willing to work with little resources (FFP)
- Willing to instantly take on a possible relegation fight (we are 18th)
- Must blood youngsters (club direction)
- Must work with poor facilities (Harlington)

Hello Baz mate. Fair question to ask but I'm gonna be pathetic and dodge it... my excuse being that I'm not employed full time to scour world football and become fully appraised of the best candidates. I'd have to pick from the short list of five people I can think of from the top of my head and that is exactly what I don't think we should do.

Eg. David Wagner. I'd never heard of him.

One thing I would say is that I do think we must have enough money to pay a bit of compo - £500k. It's too important.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mr Holloway on 17:48 - Dec 12 with 1991 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Holloway on 17:43 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

Hello Baz mate. Fair question to ask but I'm gonna be pathetic and dodge it... my excuse being that I'm not employed full time to scour world football and become fully appraised of the best candidates. I'd have to pick from the short list of five people I can think of from the top of my head and that is exactly what I don't think we should do.

One thing I would say is that I do think we must have enough money to pay a bit of compo - £500k. It's too important.

Go on, don't be shy, give us that 5 man shortlist.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 17:50 - Dec 12 with 1983 viewsTacticalR

Mr Holloway on 17:48 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

OK, but that shortlist must only consist of men that WestbourneR has never heard of.

Air hostess clique

Mr Holloway on 18:00 - Dec 12 with 1961 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Holloway on 17:43 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

Here's a few of the top of my head, who have pretty low profiles here:

Hoden (FC Bochum)

Varlata (Sparta Prague)

Testiklene (FC Brann)

JÄ…dra (Wizla Krakow)

Yaytsa (Zenit)
Mr Holloway on 18:02 - Dec 12 with 1955 viewsMytch_QPR

Mr Holloway on 18:00 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hoden (FC Bochum)

Varlata (Sparta Prague)

Testiklene (FC Brann)

JÄ…dra (Wizla Krakow)

Yaytsa (Zenit)

The guy from FC Brann sounds like he might have big enough balls to take on the job.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Mr Holloway on 18:08 - Dec 12 with 1939 viewsWestbourneR

Mr Holloway on 17:37 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I saw the whole game and even commented were never looked like scoring, we did, however, make a few chances in the first half

It's to simple to think getting crosses it will result in goals, maybe Smith will but with Sylla, it has to bobble off him and Washington will simple miss, don't remember Mackie scoring many with his head ever. just the one v Man C

Idea that we were making loads of chances (ever) is a fallacy. We had shots on goal, pressure, scraps around the box, but not clearly created and crafted chances.

Our possession football is very poor.

Mr Holloway on 18:14 - Dec 12 with 1926 viewsWestbourneR

Mackie used to be good with his head.

Scored a cracker away vs Ipswich when we went up and vs Villa in the Prem from a Samba Diakite cross.

Mr Holloway on 18:17 - Dec 12 with 1922 viewsWestbourneR

Mr Holloway on 17:48 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll get back to you. Off the top of my head I've got to say Paul Heckingbottom (sp.) does a remarkable job at Barnsley considering his team gets cleared out every six months.

Mr Holloway on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 1918 viewsloftinspace

Mr Holloway on 18:08 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

Idea that we were making loads of chances (ever) is a fallacy. We had shots on goal, pressure, scraps around the box, but not clearly created and crafted chances.

Our possession football is very poor.

He's completely failed to set up to squad strengths and now has a PPM approaching the great Paul Hart.

I spoke to him privately recently, lovely guy, but 'team spirit' etc etc is just not enough.
Mr Holloway on 18:44 - Dec 12 with 1870 viewsRs_Holy

Mr Holloway on 18:00 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hoden (FC Bochum)

Varlata (Sparta Prague)

Testiklene (FC Brann)

JÄ…dra (Wizla Krakow)

Yaytsa (Zenit)

Woo Hoo!!! Fantastic list mate but unless I've missed something I thought this thread was about QPR...
Get rid of Ollie and I know exactly what type of manager we will end up with. I'm already wincing at the the list on Sky Sports News...

Tim Bellend Sherwood : Evens (Fav)
Harry Redknapp : 2-1
Tony Adams : 3-1
Mike Phelan : 3-1
Super Ray : 5-1
Peter Reid : 10-1
Bob Bradley : 25-1
Mr Holloway on 19:13 - Dec 12 with 1836 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mr Holloway on 18:44 - Dec 12 by Rs_Holy

Woo Hoo!!! Fantastic list mate but unless I've missed something I thought this thread was about QPR...
Get rid of Ollie and I know exactly what type of manager we will end up with. I'm already wincing at the the list on Sky Sports News...

Tony Adams? I’m lumping on large....😂😂😂

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mr Holloway on 19:14 - Dec 12 with 1836 viewsW7Ranger

Mackie's other headers off the top of my head (pun intended!!)

Aston Villa at home under Redknapp.

Sunderland at home under Warnock (I think)
Mr Holloway on 19:16 - Dec 12 with 1832 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 19:14 - Dec 12 by W7Ranger

Mackie's other headers off the top of my head (pun intended!!)

Aston Villa at home under Redknapp.

Sunderland at home under Warnock (I think)

Prolific!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 1815 viewskensalriser

Mr Holloway on 18:44 - Dec 12 by Rs_Holy

Good list - you only missed Mike Bassett.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mr Holloway on 19:38 - Dec 12 with 1798 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 12 by Northernr

In one.

We missed our opportunity when Briatore and Ecclestone found a last minute buyer in Fernandes just before the August transfer window closed. A few weeks later and there's every chance Mittal would be the outright owner and we would be a stable club. As it is every managerial appointment top to bottom from Fernandes onwards has been the wrong one, with the exception of Hoos. Fast forward a few years and we're now a shambles on and off the pitch. Ordinarily given the results I would be calling for Holloway to go but given their poor track record I have little faith in this board finding a suitable alternative.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 23:08]
Mr Holloway on 20:34 - Dec 12 with 1754 viewsGroveR

Mr Holloway on 15:51 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

I'm sorry there can be no possible reason to keep Holloway.

If stability means relegation then we should have kept Paul Hart and Mick Harford instead of bringing in Warnock.

It makes no sense. Stability means stable. We're sliding rapidly towards League One.

Ollie HAS to go.

Of course there is someone better, the idea that no one would touch the job is total rubbish - for the vast majority of managers we're a great job to get. If it was your job to find a new manager then you could have a strong shortlist together inside two weeks.

'for the vast majority of managers we're a great job to get'

Does that not alarm you?
Mr Holloway on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 1682 viewsdolcelatte

Sticking with Mr Holloway now is like staying in a rapidly failing marriage for the sake of the kids. Ultimately you are just delaying the inevitable and subjecting the kids (us) to lots of arguments and unhappiness.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Mr Holloway on 22:01 - Dec 12 with 1658 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Holloway on 21:49 - Dec 12 by dolcelatte

Sticking with Mr Holloway now is like staying in a rapidly failing marriage for the sake of the kids. Ultimately you are just delaying the inevitable and subjecting the kids (us) to lots of arguments and unhappiness.

Mum is ugly and will only attract wronguns. We’re better off with Dad and the arguing.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:47 - Dec 12 with 1620 viewsWestbourneR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024