Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker gone! 15:04 - Dec 28 with 17496 viewsKernowRanger

Caulker gone! on 15:09 - Dec 28 with 9424 viewsBrightonhoop

Good to tie that up before year end and the January window.

He's off the wage bill, isn't going to go hungry and had ample opportunity to get help several times. Sad it has ended that way but better we move on.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 15:09]
Caulker gone! on 15:09 - Dec 28 with 9423 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Caulker gone! on 15:12 - Dec 28 with 9390 viewsBoston

You can't miss them if they don't go away.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Caulker gone! on 15:16 - Dec 28 with 9359 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Now on the Official (No not Barnsley!) site

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/steven-caulker-leaves-qpr/

So when does he sign for Celtic on a nice signing on fee and 50 large a week?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 15:17]
Caulker gone! on 15:17 - Dec 28 with 9357 viewsNorthernr

On the wage of 5 Championship players.

Hoos left just enough in the budget to have these guys perform in the car park when this day finally came.

Caulker gone! on 15:20 - Dec 28 with 9325 viewsrichranger

I suppose you have got to say good for Caulker for agreeing to go now. He could have stayed until June, picking up his ridiculous wages for doing nothing. We should be OK for FFP now.
Caulker gone! on 15:24 - Dec 28 with 9305 viewsFredManRave

Just when you thought he was going to be harder to remove than Brooklyns skin tag.....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Caulker gone! on 15:30 - Dec 28 with 9273 viewsThGrimRanger

good riddance. now for JET.

TheGrimRanger

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker gone! on 15:30 - Dec 28 with 9271 viewscyprusmel

I wonder what we had to pay to remove him from our wage bill ?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 15:34]
Caulker gone! on 15:31 - Dec 28 with 9265 viewsFredManRave

Caulker gone! on 15:30 - Dec 28 by cyprusmel

I wonder what we had to pay to remove him from our wage bill ?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 15:34]

"Mutual consent" would suggest alot! It's probably best that we never actually find out.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Caulker gone! on 15:31 - Dec 28 with 9263 viewsRBlock

Caulker gone! on 15:20 - Dec 28 by richranger

I suppose you have got to say good for Caulker for agreeing to go now. He could have stayed until June, picking up his ridiculous wages for doing nothing. We should be OK for FFP now.

Hmmm. I'm not sure he would have left without a fair whack of a pay out.
Caulker gone! on 15:32 - Dec 28 with 9262 viewsNorthernr

Caulker gone! on 15:20 - Dec 28 by richranger

He certainly won’t have gone for free, but even if we’ve persuaded him to drop a couple of months in return for a lump sum now that’s still £100k saved.
Caulker gone! on 15:35 - Dec 28 with 9223 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Shame we'll get nowt in terms of a transfer fee, but his problems are well documented and I'm not sure we'd have had much interest. I expect he'll pitch up somewhere on a short-term or pay-per-play deal.

It would be just our luck to see him pitch up at Southampton to replace Van Dijk, have a storming second half of the season and sell him on in 2 years for £30m.
Caulker gone! on 16:06 - Dec 28 with 9041 viewsqprd

Caulker gone! on 15:31 - Dec 28 by FredManRave

"Mutual consent" would suggest alot! It's probably best that we never actually find out.

Caulker's prospects in football are toast.

No manager will take a chance on him. You can afford erratic behavior in a winger or a flair player, but not at center back. If there is a manger who would sign him, it wont be anywhere near the wages hes on (we signed him when we were in the prem under redknapp)

Caulker isn't known for his good decision making, but I assure you there's a backstory to why a player with terrible footballing prospects would walk away from the kind of money hes walking away from
Caulker gone! on 16:08 - Dec 28 with 9026 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him, hope he sorts his demons out.

I for one was delighted to see him arrive and thought £8m was a snip.

A good lesson in not placing to much faith in big names and big signings.
Caulker gone! on 16:14 - Dec 28 with 8989 viewsBklynRanger

A Christmas miracle. Fan fcuking tastic.
Caulker gone! on 16:18 - Dec 28 with 8961 viewsHayesender

Glad he's gone

Hope for his sake he sorts himself out

We move on

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Caulker gone! on 16:20 - Dec 28 with 8940 viewsLblock

I don't say this lightly, because Christ knows we've had a few of them, but pound for pound this fella is the WORST signing of Bungle's era -- okay... maybe a three way tie for first with arSWiPe and Boswanka.

Out of everyone we signed this was the fella I thought showed we meant business.
Little did we know about the stories and antics from Wales whilst at both his previous clubs and also whispers from Spurs. The tragic thing is, so I'm told, a bit of digging and diligence would've had red warning signals going off. Instead we've done another £10mill + on this waster.
And as has been documented, the tragic thing is HE is the cause of this waste and HE could (may still) sort himself out as a player and person and be back at the pinnacle. I disagree that some club somewhere wont take a punt on him - Managers always think "maybe I can be the one to sort him out and we'll have a snip on our hands.." and very rarely that proves the case. However, I feel with Caulker he's always at arms length from self distruct and he wont seek help until it's too late

No doubt he's wangled a couple of hundred large out of the clubs coffers (it's the owners money I hear those Bungle backers screm) and it'll be 20 year malt Black Label for Hogmanny this NYE for young Steve. It'll soon run out and he'll have another 4 month "blip" of actually playing well for someone no doubt.

As also stated, even if we've managed to reduced his contract by £100k it's money well saved. Good riddance to the free loader

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Caulker gone! on 16:24 - Dec 28 with 8926 viewsNorthernr

Caulker gone! on 16:08 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good luck to him, hope he sorts his demons out.

I for one was delighted to see him arrive and thought £8m was a snip.

A good lesson in not placing to much faith in big names and big signings.

Yeh I thought he was a great signing too, exactly the sort of player we should have been signing after a promotion.

But I'm not having this 'good luck, hope he sorts his demons out' stuff I'm seeing. I was very sympathetic towards him for a while, because I've first hand experience with alcoholism and depression in my family and I know what it's like.

But there have been another clutch of incidents again this season which the club has managed to keep under wraps while they're trying to sell him. This after he was treated to yet another puff piece in the Guardian over the summer about what a changed man he was (all clearly designed to get him another big contract at another stupid club). Some of it is to do with him not being able to stay off the booze, but some of it - telling the manager "don't fcking mug me off" and storming out when he finds out he's only on the bench v Fulham for instance - is just a privileged, mouthy wnkr being a privileged mouthy wnkr.

Bad luck to him. I hope he has to go and get a proper job in the real world, where you get the sack if you're pissd all the time and not fit to do your job.
Caulker gone! on 17:01 - Dec 28 with 8754 viewsrbsranger

Still not understanding how employment law in UK/ football works. His behaviour for the last few years would have been a sacking for cause in any job I know about with no severance due. Instead he has been able to drink his way through his contract with no consequences.
It's no wonder that those of us that live in the real world feel more disconnected to the game today.
Caulker gone! on 17:02 - Dec 28 with 8744 viewsBrightonhoop

Caulker gone! on 16:24 - Dec 28 by Northernr

Yeh I thought he was a great signing too, exactly the sort of player we should have been signing after a promotion.

But I'm not having this 'good luck, hope he sorts his demons out' stuff I'm seeing. I was very sympathetic towards him for a while, because I've first hand experience with alcoholism and depression in my family and I know what it's like.

But there have been another clutch of incidents again this season which the club has managed to keep under wraps while they're trying to sell him. This after he was treated to yet another puff piece in the Guardian over the summer about what a changed man he was (all clearly designed to get him another big contract at another stupid club). Some of it is to do with him not being able to stay off the booze, but some of it - telling the manager "don't fcking mug me off" and storming out when he finds out he's only on the bench v Fulham for instance - is just a privileged, mouthy wnkr being a privileged mouthy wnkr.

Bad luck to him. I hope he has to go and get a proper job in the real world, where you get the sack if you're pissd all the time and not fit to do your job.

Agreed. He was forgiven several times as well as the pieces in the Guardian. Talk is cheap and he should have got himself into rehab way earlier and did his talking on the pitch, neither of which he did. All the talk of Africa opening his eyes was powder puff. Blokes like that can make you very cynical about others in his light. He'll either kill himself or get straight. I hope it's the latter, but glad we're no longer paying him and he's gone. Draws a line under the awful 'Arry period.
Caulker gone! on 17:04 - Dec 28 with 8730 viewsTripleR

Agree with most of that, but the chance of him having to get a proper job is very slim after the wages he's had out of us for the best part of 4 years, total waster.
Caulker gone! on 17:06 - Dec 28 with 8721 viewsGloryHunter

He must have a few million in the bank by now. No reason why he should ever have to work again. Unless he is really so stupid that he manages to blow the lot. Gazza, for example, seems to have a management team that keeps him at arm's length from his money and gives him an allowance to live on - Caulker will be lucky if he has someone similar looking after him.
Caulker gone! on 17:09 - Dec 28 with 8705 viewsBurnleyhoop

Biggest wan*er at the club by far. If he had any moral fibre he should have left with no pay day, knowing he had shafted the club for 1 million + with hardly any return. Tossser.

Now clear the decks of all the other remaining leeches contributing naff all ( although not necessarily their own fault !!)
Caulker gone! on 17:27 - Dec 28 with 8589 viewsdaveB

felt in the summer he was worth giving a chance to but once again he's taken the piss rather than try and turn his life around so good riddance to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024