Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Striker. 10:43 - Dec 30 with 12141 viewsqprphil

Has anyone seen any good strikers on there travels. As an Ebbsfleet supporter we had a Matt Godden who went to Stevenage, I think he's got a few goals for them the last two seasons, seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time. The trouble is, would the step up be too much for this type of player.? Sometimes you just have to make a gamble, and I'm sure someone like him wouldn't cost a fortune. Other than that, give some of the youngsters a bash.
New Striker. on 11:01 - Dec 30 with 8729 viewsRs_Holy

I bumped into Heider Helguson in a Premier Inn in Aberdeen a few months ago... he still looked really fit... and so did his Mrs!!!
New Striker. on 11:54 - Dec 30 with 8642 viewsbosh67

New Striker. on 11:01 - Dec 30 by Rs_Holy

I bumped into Heider Helguson in a Premier Inn in Aberdeen a few months ago... he still looked really fit... and so did his Mrs!!!

Helguson was fantastic. The Icelandic Salmon! Played in a system under Warnock where he rarely left the opponent's penalty area.

I think we should bring Eze back and throw him in like we used to do with players like Allen and Goddard.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Striker. on 11:56 - Dec 30 with 8637 viewsLongsufferingR

That Alexis Sanchez looks pretty good. Apparently unsettled at his current club.
New Striker. on 12:10 - Dec 30 with 8600 viewsLblock

This new striker -- is he okay being able to score goals without any crosses coming in, decent passes forward or support from midfield?

If so, and he's free plus willing to accept £500.00 per week then gaffa tape him up, stick him in your boot and drive him to W12

(Dont tell him Ollie likely to play him at right week back though)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Striker. on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 8549 views2Thomas2Bowles

New Striker. on 12:10 - Dec 30 by Lblock

This new striker -- is he okay being able to score goals without any crosses coming in, decent passes forward or support from midfield?

If so, and he's free plus willing to accept £500.00 per week then gaffa tape him up, stick him in your boot and drive him to W12

(Dont tell him Ollie likely to play him at right week back though)

So what was Washingtons excuse for missing from 8 yards and hitting the corner post V Birmingham

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

New Striker. on 13:14 - Dec 30 with 8453 viewspaulparker

Devante Cole from fleetwood

Lyle taylor from AFC Wimbledon who ive been banging on about for 3 seasons

kenny mclean Aberdeen

but like Lblock says we could sign harry kane and we still wouldnt give him any decent service ,
lets go 4-4-2 on monday , freeman on one wing, bright on the other , and have a go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New Striker. on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 8388 viewsEsox_Lucius

New Striker. on 11:54 - Dec 30 by bosh67

Helguson was fantastic. The Icelandic Salmon! Played in a system under Warnock where he rarely left the opponent's penalty area.

I think we should bring Eze back and throw him in like we used to do with players like Allen and Goddard.

Putting Eze into the side as it is wouldn't work IMO. He operates as a No.10 at WW and we just don't play in a way to suit that. IH would have to change his match day tactics and team set up to accommodate Eze. Having watched the way that the U23's played earlier in the season with some of the players now out on loan it may not be a bad thing if we did chane it up a bit. Eze, Tilt, Phillips, Shodipo, Smyth, Chair, Oteh all looked to have good attacking intentions and the speed to hurt teams. I have only bought my MK Dons ticket on the premise that IH would be fielding a lot of youngsters and am looking forward to seeing them. What I am not looking forward to is them being sent out with an alien (to them) game plan to follow and to end up humiliated and embarrassed from being ill prepared. I feel that if they want the youngsters out there to represent the first team in a cup game they should let Ramsey and his team prepare them not IH, CF and Bircham.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 13:52]

The grass is always greener.

New Striker. on 14:05 - Dec 30 with 8349 viewsheadhoops

Lee Shaw from Grantham Town - played 29 this season scored 23 .

as others have said we could have Messi and Holloway would play him centre half.

Start Smith and Sylla - get two wider midfielders and tell them to get the crosses in.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

New Striker. on 15:28 - Dec 30 with 8211 viewsTheBlob

Yes.As mentioned earlier in the season Christian Doidge at Forest Green.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

New Striker. on 15:43 - Dec 30 with 8166 viewsDiscodroids

Marc Mcnulty currently circumnavigating the ricoh arena at Coventry city. Lovely little player with a touch of the Kevin Gallen about his gib. A meaty tranche of panache, Eclat and guile about his play. Suffice to say i want him at loftus road as much as Ian Bishop in the mid 90's.

A lot.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

New Striker. on 19:29 - Dec 30 with 8005 viewsdistortR

New Striker. on 15:43 - Dec 30 by Discodroids

Marc Mcnulty currently circumnavigating the ricoh arena at Coventry city. Lovely little player with a touch of the Kevin Gallen about his gib. A meaty tranche of panache, Eclat and guile about his play. Suffice to say i want him at loftus road as much as Ian Bishop in the mid 90's.

A lot.

Ian Bishop and meaty tranche should possibly not be used in the same sentence, unless, maybe......?
New Striker. on 15:24 - Jan 3 with 7687 viewsRebalhoop

New Striker. on 19:29 - Dec 30 by distortR

Ian Bishop and meaty tranche should possibly not be used in the same sentence, unless, maybe......?

Dior Angus,just signed for Port Vale,from Redditch,always looked pretty good when I saw him against Slough,I'll be watching to see if he can step up.
New Striker. on 15:27 - Jan 3 with 7664 viewsDiscodroids

New Striker. on 19:29 - Dec 30 by distortR

I did think that at the time of posting. According to Trevor Morley, bish is hung like dirk Diggler jacked up on spanish fly melted on a sugar cube.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

New Striker. on 15:32 - Jan 3 with 7645 viewsLythamR

New Striker. on 15:27 - Jan 3 by Discodroids

I did think that at the time of posting. According to Trevor Morley, bish is hung like dirk Diggler jacked up on spanish fly melted on a sugar cube.

I guess they didnt call him Bish Bosh for nothing!

Explains why such a slender player had such a low centre of gravity
New Striker. on 15:40 - Jan 3 with 7614 viewsaston_hoop

Lago Junior, the Ivorian Jamie Mackie playing for Real Mallorca. Full of running and effort, takes on and beats his man more often and not and is very used to playing for a team who can't score goals. The man you want to throw on with 20 minutes to go when you're 1-0 down and need to scare a few tired legs

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Striker. on 19:02 - Jan 3 with 7401 viewsDorse

New Striker. on 15:40 - Jan 3 by aston_hoop

Lago Junior, the Ivorian Jamie Mackie playing for Real Mallorca. Full of running and effort, takes on and beats his man more often and not and is very used to playing for a team who can't score goals. The man you want to throw on with 20 minutes to go when you're 1-0 down and need to scare a few tired legs

The Ivorian Engine.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New Striker. on 21:43 - Jan 3 with 7211 viewstkqpr

Mohamed Eisa - Cheltenham, young (22) 12 goals in 28 Apps -used to play for Greenwich Borough 57 goals in 100 apps. Next big thing from League 2 - or maybe we now have I'm back at QPR with Eze?

Just throwing this one into the pan. No doubt being bought by Brentford in the summer and having a breakthrough seasons in the Championship and sold onto Villa for £20m the season after.

Or could it be us???
New Striker. on 21:52 - Jan 3 with 7184 viewsdachiltern

Some bloke called Trump? I understand he’s getting on in years but guarantees he can hit the button.
New Striker. on 02:49 - Jan 4 with 7058 viewsDannyPaddox

IT to TF: "Tone I've found a hot one for ya".
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 2:51]
New Striker. on 10:57 - Jan 4 with 6864 viewsrsonist

I'd snap up Reise Allassani from Dulwich Hamlet. 21, John Bostock type attacking midfield/second striker England talent who was released by Palace after ACL injuries but now fit and thriving. 15 goals in 12 games!
New Striker. on 11:00 - Jan 4 with 6854 viewsrsonist

Billy Bodin at Bristol Rovers is out of contract in the summer - think we have been interested in him before. Probably can't afford him now though. If we're honest about not having any ideas for Wheeler we could use him to sweeten the deal?
New Striker. on 11:10 - Jan 4 with 6836 viewsrsonist

Should say that Bodin again isn't a "proper" striker either.... he is delivering buckets of goals in a working system though.

I mean if you think we're playing wonderful cohesive attacking football that just lacks a poacher's finishing touch you're a mug really aren't you.
New Striker. on 11:22 - Jan 4 with 6816 viewsted_hendrix

New Striker. on 11:10 - Jan 4 by rsonist

Should say that Bodin again isn't a "proper" striker either.... he is delivering buckets of goals in a working system though.

I mean if you think we're playing wonderful cohesive attacking football that just lacks a poacher's finishing touch you're a mug really aren't you.

Bodin has signed for Preston.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New Striker. on 11:41 - Jan 4 with 6784 viewsrsonist

New Striker. on 11:22 - Jan 4 by ted_hendrix

So he has, I missed that. Reported as £450k with add-ons. They also signed Louis Moult who Penrice was supposedly watching.

Doing alright for themselves aren't they? Incredible feat if they make the play-offs.
New Striker. on 12:03 - Jan 4 with 6733 viewsWestbourneR

New Striker. on 11:22 - Jan 4 by ted_hendrix

Yep £350k for Bodin. He's more of an inside forward anyway, not a striker.

My ITK bod at Rovers says Preston are paying him £15k a week and Rovers weren't too sad to see him go. The cup performance vs Notts County was the nail in the coffin.

I'm more disappointed we let Preston pick off Louis Moult from Motherwell, I thought he looked very handy. We'll see.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 9:35]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024