Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chief departing confirmed 20:02 - Apr 27 with 15268 viewshorshamHoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/captain-nedum-onuoha-set-to-leave-qpr/

I can't go tomorrow but hope we give him a tremendous send off as he fully deserves it
Chief departing confirmed on 20:11 - Apr 27 with 8925 viewshamptonhillhoop

a great shame but not unexpected. will be hard to replace
Chief departing confirmed on 20:12 - Apr 27 with 8915 viewsJigsore

jesus I hope we've got someone lined up for CB next season

Hope Nedum gets the applause he deserves. he's been through a lot of sh*t here

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chief departing confirmed on 20:15 - Apr 27 with 8887 viewsRoller

I'm not surprised in the slightest, we simply couldn't afford to keep him.

This season's stats:

With Ned: Won 12, Drawn 6, Lost 12
Without Ned: Won 3, Drawn 5, Lost 9.

We are seriously going to miss him.
Chief departing confirmed on 20:17 - Apr 27 with 8868 viewsessextaxiboy

Back to Sunderland I reckon .....

Cheers Ned , you stuck it out through thick and thin ....a real pro
Chief departing confirmed on 20:19 - Apr 27 with 8848 viewsflynnbo

He goes with my best wishes. He has to think of his family and himself, of course. His wages have been gradually eroded since he has been here and has never once disrespected the club. A gentleman and an educated, erudite young man who will be hard to replace. Good luck, Nedum.
Chief departing confirmed on 20:20 - Apr 27 with 8847 viewsMarc

Chief departing confirmed on 20:17 - Apr 27 by essextaxiboy

Back to Sunderland I reckon .....

Cheers Ned , you stuck it out through thick and thin ....a real pro

They're in no position to pay Ned the sort of wage he's used to.
Chief departing confirmed on 20:26 - Apr 27 with 8795 viewsessextaxiboy

Chief departing confirmed on 20:20 - Apr 27 by Marc

They're in no position to pay Ned the sort of wage he's used to.

No, but if they give him a couple of years and give him a way into coaching it may suit him .
Chief departing confirmed on 20:41 - Apr 27 with 8699 viewsHarbour

Thanks Ned a true pro left everything on the pitch going to miss him big time... hope he does well where ever he goes..6 years good servant to the club always welcome back good luck Ned
Login to get fewer ads

Chief departing confirmed on 20:52 - Apr 27 with 8623 viewsBostonR

Get the two centre-backs from Preston in asap.
Chief departing confirmed on 20:54 - Apr 27 with 8610 viewsDylanP

Absolutely gutted to see him go. It is going to be hard to replace him. Central defense was already a problem and it just got worse with this news.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Chief departing confirmed on 21:05 - Apr 27 with 8532 viewsqueensparker

Sad news, I really hoped he’d stay.

One of those under appreciated players who whose reputation will deservedly grow after he leaves I reckon - never hid in some of the shittiest squads in the club’s history, a perfect gent off the pitch, and now he’s finally playing at centre back after years marooned at right back he’ll be a great buy for someone.

Cheers for everything Chief

Evil Les and the team have their work cut out this summer - we really need a couple of centre backs or we’re going to be struggling, especially if Smithies leaves.
Chief departing confirmed on 21:06 - Apr 27 with 8521 viewsbosh67

I don't blame him. Young enough to get a great contract somewhere to look after his family and possibly a premiership move.

It kind of shows where we are. Robinson probably next, Perch gone. Lynch and Baptiste (if he stays) will be the only recognised CBs left and Lynch doesn't play over Christmas.

I guess we may see the emergence of Kakay and Furlong as the 2 CBs. I think Furlong may be a bit of a gem in that position.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chief departing confirmed on 21:16 - Apr 27 with 8468 viewsRoller

Chief departing confirmed on 21:06 - Apr 27 by bosh67

I don't blame him. Young enough to get a great contract somewhere to look after his family and possibly a premiership move.

It kind of shows where we are. Robinson probably next, Perch gone. Lynch and Baptiste (if he stays) will be the only recognised CBs left and Lynch doesn't play over Christmas.

I guess we may see the emergence of Kakay and Furlong as the 2 CBs. I think Furlong may be a bit of a gem in that position.

Furlong looks a little slight to excel at centre back to me.

We do, of course, still have Hall assuming he is ever fit to play again.
Chief departing confirmed on 22:07 - Apr 27 with 8243 viewsthame_hoops

He’s been a loyal servant but he’s probably on the old wage structure and isn’t value for money.

Good luck elsewhere but we will be just fine, he’s hardly a difference maker.
Chief departing confirmed on 22:14 - Apr 27 with 8199 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Good luck for the future.

A player who always gave his all for us.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Chief departing confirmed on 22:15 - Apr 27 with 8194 viewsloneranger1

Chief departing confirmed on 21:05 - Apr 27 by queensparker

Sad news, I really hoped he’d stay.

One of those under appreciated players who whose reputation will deservedly grow after he leaves I reckon - never hid in some of the shittiest squads in the club’s history, a perfect gent off the pitch, and now he’s finally playing at centre back after years marooned at right back he’ll be a great buy for someone.

Cheers for everything Chief

Evil Les and the team have their work cut out this summer - we really need a couple of centre backs or we’re going to be struggling, especially if Smithies leaves.

This. Gratfeul for Ned's service but worried about next season's CB partnership...

Best of luck Ned and thanks for everything!
Chief departing confirmed on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 8181 viewsdavman

Chief departing confirmed on 22:07 - Apr 27 by thame_hoops

He’s been a loyal servant but he’s probably on the old wage structure and isn’t value for money.

Good luck elsewhere but we will be just fine, he’s hardly a difference maker.

Could be a big problem seeing as CB is one position that no-one from the youth team seems to be breaking into the first team any time soon.

Leaves us with Lynch, Hall, Baptiste and Furlong at a push. Need two first choice ones...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chief departing confirmed on 22:20 - Apr 27 with 8168 viewsdaveB

sure we'll sign defenders in the summer but Ned is a big loss, the squad lacks experience now with Perch and Mackie going as well, going to be a tough season next year if we don't get some older heads in to help the youngsters
Chief departing confirmed on 22:40 - Apr 27 with 8089 viewsBlue_Castello

Chief departing confirmed on 22:20 - Apr 27 by daveB

sure we'll sign defenders in the summer but Ned is a big loss, the squad lacks experience now with Perch and Mackie going as well, going to be a tough season next year if we don't get some older heads in to help the youngsters

Agreed was really hoping we could somehow get Ned to sign but at the end of the day knew that his wages were a massive problem, quite sure he will double whatever we have offered now he is a free agent.

He's been a great servant to the club and will be missed, hate to say this but we need to mirror what Brentford have done in the last few seasons when replacing their centre backs, normally they hoover up some of the best players from Div 1 and 2......
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 22:42]
Chief departing confirmed on 23:17 - Apr 27 with 7935 viewsSimonJames

That sucks! Best of luck Ned.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chief departing confirmed on 23:25 - Apr 27 with 7913 viewsPunteR

He won me over the last few seasons. I never really rated him at first and thought he was just another bang average overpaid player we seemed to collect a few years ago.
He's come through those heady times and showed his professionalism, loyalty and good character to take a drop in wages and stuck with us while we as a club lurched from one manager to another,one league to another and one remit to another .
The direction of the club has gone all over the place but Chief has done whats been asked of him with an admirable attitude.
His football ability is still questionable imho and i'll be surprised if a premier league club come in for him although i can see a relegated team having a look.
A decent championship player ,a great professional and a lovely bloke by all accounts(not including the Hull player), perfect for QPR really but i guess it's time to move on. I wish him the very best for the future. He'll still be playing for a while yet i'm sure. So long Chief.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 1:30]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chief departing confirmed on 23:28 - Apr 27 with 7903 viewsSnipper

Ned has been a great professional for us. He’s the best player we signed in our big money days in the respect of value for money. I’m absolutely gutted that he’s going, but deep down, I knew this was coming.

As for replacements, I have faith in our scouting system.
Chief departing confirmed on 05:55 - Apr 28 with 7666 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm guessing that we wouldn't meet his wage demands?

I wasn't a big fan of his. I've always favoured the style of captaincy that dominates, first by example but then by personality if necessary. But I can't deny that his positive influence has been pervasively important over recent years.

All the best for the future, Ned.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Chief departing confirmed on 06:55 - Apr 28 with 7610 viewshoopdog

Come a on he's been ok never great and been well over paid for what he's offered , there are adequate replacements out there that will take less wages is he any better than gorks was for us ? Good Luke to the fella
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 6:56]
Chief departing confirmed on 07:26 - Apr 28 with 7535 viewsqprd

Rangers clearly have a wage structure in place, which they are sticking to, and Ned thinks his value is above that and he can get better wages elsewhere. Looks like we’re now committed to financial discipline.

All the best to Ned. Yes, he made the odd mistake on the ball (including leading up to the O’Neill red at Wembley), but he was a very good defender and a consummate professional. A very good last ditch defender, too. I’ll miss his bull in a china shop runs up the pitch where he gets forward but has no way of stopping himself

Ned Was very unfairly criticised by fans, who will soon realise how important he was to our team . Fans often think a captain needs to be a headless chicken, barking orders and clapping their hands. Ned was never that, but his professionalism surely set an example for all the young kids coming through . He was clearly very respected by his peers

I don’t think he’s good enough on The ball to be a steady prem league player, particularly at his age, as his pace diminishes. I can see him being a 4th choice centerbaxk on a team like palace or a 2nd or 3rd choice on a top half championship side like derby. Good luck Ned
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024