Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still not renewed? 10:28 - Apr 30 with 6797 viewsStanisgod

Left it late but just did it on line..
Nurse, the pills please !!!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Anyone still not renewed? on 16:15 - Apr 30 with 2270 viewsEsox_Lucius

Anyone still not renewed? on 15:29 - Apr 30 by BostonR

8 out of 10 did not re-new in my group including me. We have decided to select the games we want to watch next season.

This isn't meant as a criticism but what would be your selection criteria? Saturday looked like an end of season, nothing to play for game which may have deterred a few yet it was one of our best performances for years. On the other hand a home game against Brentford or Fulham looks like an attractive fixture but we got turned over by both of them so the vibe going home wasn't great. Just curious really.

The grass is always greener.

Anyone still not renewed? on 16:31 - Apr 30 with 2265 views1MoreBrightonR

Anyone still not renewed? on 13:23 - Apr 30 by Neil_SI

I’ve renewed, but for the first time in over a decade and a half, am considering switching to a different seat and possibly migrating from where I’ve always been in R Block to either T or the opposite side in South Africa Road.

Does anybody here sit to either side of the Directors area in South Africa Road and can comment on view? I want the best view I can get.

Block B...closest you can get to the middle while still being in gold. We are 4th row up so the pole is a bit of a pain but you get used to it very fast and other than that, the view is great. Just for a change, and because they were freee, we sat in the front row and there was more leg room but in that block, you really are behind the post!
Anyone still not renewed? on 16:31 - Apr 30 with 2265 viewsW7Ranger

Anyone still not renewed? on 16:15 - Apr 30 by Esox_Lucius

This isn't meant as a criticism but what would be your selection criteria? Saturday looked like an end of season, nothing to play for game which may have deterred a few yet it was one of our best performances for years. On the other hand a home game against Brentford or Fulham looks like an attractive fixture but we got turned over by both of them so the vibe going home wasn't great. Just curious really.

I'm guessing you missed the 2 late goals v Brentford?
Anyone still not renewed? on 16:35 - Apr 30 with 2252 views1MoreBrightonR

Anyone still not renewed? on 16:31 - Apr 30 by 1MoreBrightonR

Block B...closest you can get to the middle while still being in gold. We are 4th row up so the pole is a bit of a pain but you get used to it very fast and other than that, the view is great. Just for a change, and because they were freee, we sat in the front row and there was more leg room but in that block, you really are behind the post!

And we renewed...tried online but it was a nightmare so did it in person.
Anyone still not renewed? on 16:45 - Apr 30 with 2240 viewssouthbrookstreet

No we have not renewed I am looking to find another seat.... . Pissed off with the family of four around me ... always having a waffle during the whole 90 minutes they talk about anything and everything, never the match .. If anything happens on the pitch they ask "what happen" and the end of each half they try to guess how many minutes left.. Boring family
Anyone still not renewed? on 17:22 - Apr 30 with 2190 viewsPinnerPaul

Got turned over 2-2?????????
Anyone still not renewed? on 17:47 - Apr 30 with 2170 viewsBostonR

Generally the style of football has been woeful and we have not really enjoyed going. Sat was good but the vast majority of the season was painful to watch - just too much hoofball. I get the that IH has met his remit but my group have had enough - for now.
Anyone still not renewed? on 18:05 - Apr 30 with 2147 viewsEsox_Lucius

Anyone still not renewed? on 16:31 - Apr 30 by W7Ranger

I'm guessing you missed the 2 late goals v Brentford?

I was thinking of the 1-4 shellacking in the cup. The 2-2 wasn't too bad of a game even when we were 2-0 down.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still not renewed? on 19:34 - Apr 30 with 2103 viewsNeil_SI

Anyone still not renewed? on 14:07 - Apr 30 by StratfordBoy

Hope you don't go Neil, there seems to be a big gap appearing just to your left & I hope it's not because like me you have to listen to the constant drivel from behind us. I renewed but don't want to be forced out of the seat I sat in for about 8 years now just because of the constant commentary & negativity!

Thanks mate, that’s part of the reason, but I’m also going to be going by myself next season as two of the people who used to sit with me have either moved away or had children, and the rest have migrated over to F Block over a number of seasons.

And because of that, I might as well consider treating myself and getting the best seat and view I can find, if I can.
Anyone still not renewed? on 19:40 - Apr 30 with 2093 viewsNeil_SI

Anyone still not renewed? on 15:07 - Apr 30 by PinnerPaul

T block is a decent view - generally quite quiet though (except for me! )

Thanks mate, what row are you? Ideally I don’t want the poles to block any of my view (I can accept them obscuring the corners a little), but then I don’t want to be too far forward as the perspective can be a problem when you’re low down near the front.

I had the briefest of looks on Saturday at half-time. To the left of the stairs as you come up seem best, somewhere around there?
Anyone still not renewed? on 19:42 - Apr 30 with 2092 viewsNeil_SI

Anyone still not renewed? on 16:31 - Apr 30 by 1MoreBrightonR

Thanks for the details. What does the pole block for you?

I’m happy to consider Platinum in Block C, but ideally want a clear view of both goals and with the poles interference at a minimum. I’m not sure there’s any availability for the best seats in that section there though.
Anyone still not renewed? on 20:38 - Apr 30 with 2041 viewsHantsR

Anyone still not renewed? on 19:42 - Apr 30 by Neil_SI

I’m happy to consider Platinum in Block C, but ideally want a clear view of both goals and with the poles interference at a minimum. I’m not sure there’s any availability for the best seats in that section there though.

Come and join us in SAR Platinum Block C - fab view and mostly nice people!
Anyone still not renewed? on 23:09 - Apr 30 with 1936 viewsBklynRanger

Anyone still not renewed? on 19:40 - Apr 30 by Neil_SI

Thanks mate, what row are you? Ideally I don’t want the poles to block any of my view (I can accept them obscuring the corners a little), but then I don’t want to be too far forward as the perspective can be a problem when you’re low down near the front.

I had the briefest of looks on Saturday at half-time. To the left of the stairs as you come up seem best, somewhere around there?

I'm in T, row D to the left of the stairs l (looking at the pitch that is). No pillar issue at all. I was further up for the second half on Saturday, visiting some people - in some strange wooden pew things that I never even knew existed. Great leg room but the roof was far too present for my liking. Anyway I'm very happy with my seat and have renewed it - but taking your perspective comment into account Neil I'd probably recommend row H-ish.
Anyone still not renewed? on 11:56 - May 1 with 1844 viewssimmo

Anyone still not renewed? on 13:26 - Apr 30 by RBlock

turncoat

You're part of the problem you lightweight

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Anyone still not renewed? on 12:01 - May 1 with 1830 views08olesen

Just renewed in T block. Strangely i feel quite optimistic about next season. There are a lot of good players coming through, and i dont know what else i would do with my Saturday afternoon, so it had to be done.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Anyone still not renewed? on 12:03 - May 1 with 1824 viewsBlackCrowe

Succumbed.

One of my section definitely is not renewing and two others are looking like cherry-picking games.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Anyone still not renewed? on 12:07 - May 1 with 1823 viewssimmo

Hope you don't go Neil, there seems to be a big gap appearing just to your left & I hope it's not because like me you have to listen to the constant drivel from behind us. I renewed but don't want to be forced out of the seat I sat in for about 8 years now just because of the constant commentary & negativity!

I sat next to Neil this season and although I didn't initially plan to move elsewhere, the absolute chode a few rows behind me is close to unbearable - made worse by the fact the people who sat in-between us now either don't go or have moved to avoid them - meaning there's almost no filter to his remedial chat.

Have loved sitting with Neil who despite filming me regularly is good craic and slowly this season got to know people around me who are all good lads (aside from the dick tip mentioned above).

In the end I've renewed and gone over to be closer to some of the crew in F Block, despite being a bit more expensive, a seat became available with Jeff who I used to sit with in R Block and it's a better/elevated view & the bar and toilets are much more accessible. Looking forward to it!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Anyone still not renewed? on 12:07 - May 1 with 1822 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Anyone still not renewed? on 13:23 - Apr 30 by Jeff

renewed, but switched from R Block to F Block.

A bit bittersweet for me the move, i've had the same ST in R block for a decade, and a couple of years ago i would have literally died on a hill defending my seat. With the impending (at the time :) ) move to OOC i honestly thought that i would be the last person to ever 'own' my seat, and that i would literally take the seat with me after the last ever game at Loftus Road.

However, the demographic around me at the back of R Block has changed considerably in the last few years, most of my friends and/or the good characters have moved away or pick and choose their games, and it's generally not a nice place to stand anymore. It's a cross between WATRB and the worst parts of twitter on the whole these days...

That is a shame Jeff
I am in row M in R Block and they seem a good bunch around there.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 12:08]
Anyone still not renewed? on 12:11 - May 1 with 1812 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That is sad to hear mate. What rows are you blokes in then?
Down in M,L and N it seems ok. I don't hear much negativity.
Anyone still not renewed? on 12:14 - May 1 with 1804 views1MoreBrightonR

Anyone still not renewed? on 19:42 - Apr 30 by Neil_SI

nothing that important to be honest. we are row d, so fairly near the front and we lose just after the centre circle towards the away end. not a crucial area...we get all free kicks that are in shooting position.

anytime we go with someone new, the first thing they say is "great seats, shame about that pole" but then within 10 mins, dont notice it.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 12:15]
Anyone still not renewed? on 16:38 - May 2 with 1654 viewsPinnerPaul

Near me there have been plenty of walk ups or at least resold S/T seats.

A mixed bag for me - most arrive and seem genuinely impressed with the view and then dismayed when they try to sit down (Applies to anyone over about 5ft!)

Not all, but many then spend most the game on their phones - doing who knows what, but mainly checking PL scores I suspect!

As I said above, its a pretty well behaved but quiet area!
Anyone still not renewed? on 18:14 - May 2 with 1596 viewsSnipper

I only renew coz I want to guarantee my FA Cup final ticket for when we finally make it.
Anyone still not renewed? on 07:54 - May 3 with 1483 viewsStratfordBoy

Anyone still not renewed? on 12:11 - May 1 by CroydonCaptJack

That is sad to hear mate. What rows are you blokes in then?
Down in M,L and N it seems ok. I don't hear much negativity.

Row M for me, row L for Neil, in the middle. Big gap appearing behind Simmo & Neil, & next to me. Good view but have to put up with a loud, non-stop commentary & tirade of drivel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024