Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston roll call.... 10:28 - Aug 1 with 6963 viewsboysfromthebush

Only 800 tickets sold so far by the looks of things!

3 from here doing the Blackpool weekender!
Preston roll call.... on 10:51 - Aug 1 with 4687 viewsrobith

I fancied it a couple of weeks ago but saw the train prices, and I do need to pay my rent each month
Preston roll call.... on 11:07 - Aug 1 with 4635 viewsToast_R

Preston roll call.... on 10:51 - Aug 1 by robith

I fancied it a couple of weeks ago but saw the train prices, and I do need to pay my rent each month

Exactly the same as me, it's a lot of money to get up there and back. I would have been up for it as the wife is going away for a week on Friday with her family and taking our boy with her so I'm home alone - a rarity and very nice. I couldn't help notice the massive saving I'd make by simply giving Preston a miss though.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 11:08]
Preston roll call.... on 11:07 - Aug 1 with 4628 viewsthame_hoops

'only 800' Thats pretty impressive especially during holiday season
Preston roll call.... on 11:08 - Aug 1 with 4626 viewsmikeygunn

2 going from the vale of Yawkshure
Preston roll call.... on 11:10 - Aug 1 with 4616 viewsDieByYourSide

Looks more like 1,000 from the ticket details on the website, likewise with trains - absolute pisstake

Poll: And it's hi ho

Preston roll call.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 with 4570 viewsNorthernr

Wasn't going to bother because of the trains, decided to go up the East Coast side and see mum for the weekend. One return to Doncaster over three days and one day return from Scunny to Preston half the price of one ticket from London to Preston and back. Pisstake.
Preston roll call.... on 12:25 - Aug 1 with 4466 viewsYorkRanger

Preston roll call.... on 11:32 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Wasn't going to bother because of the trains, decided to go up the East Coast side and see mum for the weekend. One return to Doncaster over three days and one day return from Scunny to Preston half the price of one ticket from London to Preston and back. Pisstake.

Agreed on the trains.

Sat next to a woman on an early train last week from York to London. Got talking to her when I noticed she didn't get out at Grantham which was on the seat reservation and she told me that she had booked from York to Grantham and then Grantham to London, sat in the same seat on the same train and saved £47.

Madness
Preston roll call.... on 12:40 - Aug 1 with 4442 viewsLongsufferingR

Taking my 7 year old boy for his first game as we already planned to be in the Lake District that weekend. No time like the present to start his long road to misery.
Login to get fewer ads

Preston roll call.... on 12:45 - Aug 1 with 4429 viewsngbqpr

800 seems very reasonable to me given expense, holiday season, fact that we've played them a lot in last few years so not a new ground for many away regulars, number of matches in August etc etc

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Preston roll call.... on 13:16 - Aug 1 with 4333 viewsRBlock

4 here, from varying distances. 1 from Manchester, 2 from London, and 1 flying over from Zurich!
Preston roll call.... on 13:57 - Aug 1 with 4255 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Preston roll call.... on 12:25 - Aug 1 by YorkRanger

Agreed on the trains.

Sat next to a woman on an early train last week from York to London. Got talking to her when I noticed she didn't get out at Grantham which was on the seat reservation and she told me that she had booked from York to Grantham and then Grantham to London, sat in the same seat on the same train and saved £47.

Madness

I've done that quite a few times. You can often save money by breaking up a journey. Crazy really.
Preston roll call.... on 14:11 - Aug 1 with 4235 viewsDejR_vu

Preston roll call.... on 12:40 - Aug 1 by LongsufferingR

Taking my 7 year old boy for his first game as we already planned to be in the Lake District that weekend. No time like the present to start his long road to misery.

What on earth has he done to deserve that?
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Preston roll call.... on 14:26 - Aug 1 with 4208 viewsHayesender

Couple of lads I know were booked on a coach, which has now been cancelled due to not enough interest.

They're now stuck with match tickets and no way to get there, unless they pay the ridiculous train fares

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Preston roll call.... on 14:35 - Aug 1 with 4187 viewsRblockPrior

We have sold just over 1000 now, still 900 tickets left

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Preston roll call.... on 14:59 - Aug 1 with 4149 viewsstowmarketrange

Preston roll call.... on 14:26 - Aug 1 by Hayesender

Couple of lads I know were booked on a coach, which has now been cancelled due to not enough interest.

They're now stuck with match tickets and no way to get there, unless they pay the ridiculous train fares

They can always drive.If they leave on Friday night they should get there in time for a pint before ko.They should get back just in time for Sunday lunchtime.
I just looked at national express and it’s £46 return on a coach that gets in at 1.35pm.The only downside is that it leaves Preston at 23.10 and gets back to London at 06.00.
Maybe take the coach up there at £23 and get the train back or book a coach from Manchester and get a local train over there?
Just seen that there’s a 6pm coach back to London from Manchester for £12.Can you get from Preston to Manchester in an hour by train?
That’s £25 up there and £12 back.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 15:16]
Preston roll call.... on 15:03 - Aug 1 with 4137 viewsBoston

How much is the standard return rail fare?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Preston roll call.... on 15:10 - Aug 1 with 4115 viewsmakaveli1882

Think its £94 if booking today, or you can get the open return for £350!
Preston roll call.... on 15:19 - Aug 1 with 4089 viewsderbyhoop

Preston roll call.... on 12:25 - Aug 1 by YorkRanger

Agreed on the trains.

Madness

splityourticket.co.uk

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Preston roll call.... on 15:26 - Aug 1 with 4081 viewsstowmarketrange

Preston roll call.... on 15:19 - Aug 1 by derbyhoop

splityourticket.co.uk

I think you can save more if you work out your own route.I did that for Newcastle away 2 years ago and it was cheaper to change destinations more times than they advertised.And I stayed on the same trains as they told me to get.
Preston roll call.... on 15:27 - Aug 1 with 4076 viewsMancR

There are ways to get cheaper fares. Off peak return this weekend is £92 ( no one would ever buy an open return!)
If you travel to games with same people look at getting Two Together railcard, or if travel with at least 1 under 16 get a family railcard. You can combine railcards with advance tickets to get very cheap deals.
Always look at 1st class option- we travelled from London to manc last week for £37 1st class.
Book in advance, split ticketing etc, there's loads of advice on the web.
Can be a pain, take bit of effort but there's loads of cash to be saved👍
Preston roll call.... on 15:46 - Aug 1 with 4026 viewsdubaistu

Preston roll call.... on 11:07 - Aug 1 by Toast_R

Exactly the same as me, it's a lot of money to get up there and back. I would have been up for it as the wife is going away for a week on Friday with her family and taking our boy with her so I'm home alone - a rarity and very nice. I couldn't help notice the massive saving I'd make by simply giving Preston a miss though.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 11:08]

This sounds like perfection, enjoy the freedom!
Preston roll call.... on 15:53 - Aug 1 with 4012 viewsNorthernr

Preston roll call.... on 15:26 - Aug 1 by stowmarketrange

I think you can save more if you work out your own route.I did that for Newcastle away 2 years ago and it was cheaper to change destinations more times than they advertised.And I stayed on the same trains as they told me to get.

Train geekery - on the East Coast line there is also Hull Trains and Grand Central as well as the main East Coast operator, and they're regularly offering £20 tickets to places like Donny, York. Means that for a trip to Newcastle you can do £20 to york, change, and a much smaller east coast fare from there.

Sadly, and rather scandalously really, Virgin have the West Coast all to themselves once you get past Birmingham, so they can quite happily charge exorbitant amounts to places like Preston, Carlisle as there's no other operator running there. Hate them.
Preston roll call.... on 16:24 - Aug 1 with 3945 viewsstowmarketrange

Preston roll call.... on 15:53 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Train geekery - on the East Coast line there is also Hull Trains and Grand Central as well as the main East Coast operator, and they're regularly offering £20 tickets to places like Donny, York. Means that for a trip to Newcastle you can do £20 to york, change, and a much smaller east coast fare from there.

Sadly, and rather scandalously really, Virgin have the West Coast all to themselves once you get past Birmingham, so they can quite happily charge exorbitant amounts to places like Preston, Carlisle as there's no other operator running there. Hate them.

I have travelled with London midland from Northampton to northern outposts in the past,but it depends on how much of your life you want to waste sitting on a train?
Preston roll call.... on 17:11 - Aug 1 with 3888 viewsBoston

Preston roll call.... on 15:10 - Aug 1 by makaveli1882

Think its £94 if booking today, or you can get the open return for £350!

Hmm, bit of a jump alright. Travelled up the season before last for $73 or $74 quid return. Only booked a couple of days in advance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Preston roll call.... on 17:17 - Aug 1 with 3877 viewsstowmarketrange

Preston roll call.... on 17:11 - Aug 1 by Boston

Hmm, bit of a jump alright. Travelled up the season before last for $73 or $74 quid return. Only booked a couple of days in advance.

£78 return on London northwestern railways.Leaving Euston at 8.30ish and gets there at 11.30.return leaves at 18.19 and gets back at 9.30ish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024