Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss 18:20 - Oct 6 with 8336 viewsLongsufferingR

Thought he was tremendous today
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 15:12 - Oct 8 with 2795 viewsEsox_Lucius

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 07:49 - Oct 7 by toboboly

At the game and looking at the goals again Lynch gives Leistner a shout who then ducks under the ball which Lynch misses allowing them to score.

He is a complete fcuking liability.

Or was it Marriott that gave the shout, he looked like he was going to attack it then stopped, which allowed the ball to bounce over him straight to Marriott who looked like he was expecting it. Just a bit of food for thought.

The grass is always greener.

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 16:22 - Oct 8 with 2765 viewssmegma

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 07:49 - Oct 7 by toboboly

At the game and looking at the goals again Lynch gives Leistner a shout who then ducks under the ball which Lynch misses allowing them to score.

He is a complete fcuking liability.

You know that for a fact ???
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 17:46 - Oct 8 with 2738 viewsPinnerPaul

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 11:33 - Oct 7 by Esox_Lucius

He can't have been that poor as Derby started to detail two players on him after around 30 minutes. It seems to me that a lot of fans can't cope with football if they don't have a scapegoat, whether it is justified or not.

Calling him OK and saying he hasn't been brilliant so far is hardly making him a scapegoat!
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 07:46 - Oct 21 with 2649 viewsLblock

Had a great game v Ipswich (aside from his booking)

Well done and keep it up

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 09:49 - Oct 21 with 2398 viewscarlosthebulb

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 07:46 - Oct 21 by Lblock

Well done and keep it up

Absolutely immense at Ipswich.

The thing for me is his range of passing. On song, his distribution is excellent. Personally think he doesn't get enough credit. Having been to most games this season, I think for the majority he's been very good
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:03 - Oct 21 with 2160 viewsterryb

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 07:46 - Oct 21 by Lblock

Well done and keep it up

I was quite happy with his booking. I thought it was in our interest to stop the player.

As was Cameron in the first half. Not sure how he escaped a caution.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:04 - Oct 21 with 2158 viewsonlyrinmoray

Not long to Christmas be interesting to see what happens then He is due a holiday
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 16:22 - Oct 22 with 1840 viewsrobith

My finger hovering over when to start betting on a Lynch red card

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 23:25 - Oct 23 with 1713 viewsParkRoyalR

Another MOTM performance, brave in the challenge, always showing for the ball, key man in back 4 this season, credit where it is due.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 23:44 - Oct 23 with 1690 viewsBoston

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 23:25 - Oct 23 by ParkRoyalR

Another MOTM performance, brave in the challenge, always showing for the ball, key man in back 4 this season, credit where it is due.

I thought he was tremendous. Very surprised there hssn’t been mention of his work rate by any other poster.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 00:27 - Oct 24 with 1647 viewsterryb

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 23:44 - Oct 23 by Boston

I thought he was tremendous. Very surprised there hssn’t been mention of his work rate by any other poster.

I'm another one that thought he just shaded it.

However, everyone of our players performed tonight, so I'm quite happy if it is a collective award!
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 02:10 - Oct 24 with 1607 viewsNorthernr

MOTM tonight for me. I'm scared.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 02:55 - Oct 24 with 1587 viewsmylot50years

Lynch and the whole defense were outstanding but MOTM for me had to be Pav he didn't give them an inch tremendous work rate.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 03:41 - Oct 24 with 1560 viewstimcocking

A pivotal role for him this season after the defence was wrecked, and thus far he's done well.

Big, tough (apart from holiday time), certainly not slow for his size, and of course he's comfortable on the ball for a Championship defender. So he has the assets.

Pleased to see it, fingers crossed.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 06:41 - Oct 24 with 1491 viewsLblock

He’s playing well but still has moments when he thinks he’s the bastard child of Hoddle and Beckenbaur.
He’ll enjoy Dubai this Xmas that’s for sure

Dare we say Big Toni has helped? They had another after you Claude moment but overall they seem to communicate well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 12:38 - Oct 24 with 1362 viewssimmo

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 06:41 - Oct 24 by Lblock

He’s playing well but still has moments when he thinks he’s the bastard child of Hoddle and Beckenbaur.
He’ll enjoy Dubai this Xmas that’s for sure

Dare we say Big Toni has helped? They had another after you Claude moment but overall they seem to communicate well

Agreed, but credit where it's due (for now), he's been consistent and strong and vocal and a lot more of the kind of player we expected to get from Huddersfield. Puts his head in and had a couple of great blocks last night. He dovetails the distribution quite well with Leistner too as he tries inside fast balls to feet where as Toni likes a pinged crossfield behind the full back.

Credit to Schteve and the coaches because I always feel it's a matter of motivation with Lynch and I don't think it's a coincidence that him fancying it coincides with being injury-free. The real test comes at Christmas of course, we'll see where his commitment is then...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 12:58 - Oct 24 with 1337 viewsrobith

Thought Leistner was brilliant last night - don't think he lost an aerial duel vs an attack that was noticeably taller than him.

Lynch has been much improved recently. And his contract is up at the end of the year [sideways eye emoji]
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 1333 viewssimmo

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 12:58 - Oct 24 by robith

Thought Leistner was brilliant last night - don't think he lost an aerial duel vs an attack that was noticeably taller than him.

Lynch has been much improved recently. And his contract is up at the end of the year [sideways eye emoji]

"Lynch has been much improved recently. And his contract is up at the end of the year [sideways eye emoji]"

Ha! Good point that a cynical person might think is not unrelated to the upturn in form... The old Matty Rose trick.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:13 - Oct 24 with 1303 viewsrsonist

This is probably the best form of his career but it's worth remembering Huddersfield weren't particularly happy to see him leave at the time either.

Always worth bearing in mind that at this level - well, every level - organization is key and if you look at the promoted defences over the years it's usually not individual accomplishment that made them tick. Lynch can clearly be a looser cannon than most but is as capable as anyone else at the necessary basics (and it's important we're not asking him to do more than that any more in terms of building out the back or letting him get isolated) when drilled into compliance.

Think he was under Chris Powell at Hudds who's always been pretty conservative.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:34 - Oct 24 with 1263 viewsNorthernr

MOTM last night for me. kept a striker we've had problems with before well under control.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:45 - Oct 24 with 1247 viewsPinnerPaul

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:34 - Oct 24 by Northernr

MOTM last night for me. kept a striker we've had problems with before well under control.

Someone ( was it you?) said he looks so much more comfortable without having to play it out EVERY time.

We do look to play out, but I would say 50% of the time he gest to give it a good old fashioned hoof - same as the BFG.

Its about accepting your own and in the manager's case, the team's limitations.

That for me has been the key to Lynch, others and the team improving.

One up front another case in point. Last night we built the attack but the ball ended up with Hemed on the right - bloke behind me kept shouting 'Get in the box'

If Eze, Freeman, Pav involved in winning/ getting that ball to Hemed then they are going to be hard pushed to get in the box instantly as well.

It did mean that sometimes we didn't have enough bodies forward. The plus side of that of course is that when we lose the ball 'In transition' as its now called, we look so much more comfortable and able to regain 'shape' that bit quicker.

Hence, until last night the quite low goals for, but excellent goals against record.

Back to Lynch - I'm also sure he has been helped by the excellent Geoff Cameron in front of him.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:46 - Oct 24 with 1245 viewsDorse

Fair enough - Lynch has definitely begun to show why he was rated in the first place. But POTY so far?

Lumley.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:55 - Oct 24 with 1230 viewsDavieQPR

Must be so difficult at the moment to find a scapegoat.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 14:27 - Oct 24 with 1170 viewstimcocking

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:55 - Oct 24 by DavieQPR

Must be so difficult at the moment to find a scapegoat.

Whenever we win, always somebody with snide comments. Surely a happy day?

Moment of the match - Luke Freeman. Superb header to beat a Championship 'keeper from that distance with such a slow cross. Also Nahki - didn't look like a man with confidence issues.

Negative of the match, Leistner's continued use of those salmon coloured ankle boots. It's a crime they were even made to begin with.
Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 14:36 - Oct 24 with 1155 viewsqprd

Joel Lynch - MOM today and POTS so far? - discuss on 13:34 - Oct 24 by Northernr

nuhiu definitely had a nightmare- didnt win a single aerial duel, dont think he had a shot all match...i think hes crap, but credit to lynch/leistner to totally shutting him out

though its also worth noting that nuhiu is precisely the kind of striker lynch/leistner are meant to handle- a slow lumbering ox with little technical skill who relies on aerial balls for service. the bigger test for lynch/leistner will be when we go up against quicker strikers who run behind and into channels- kodija, gayle, hogan types
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024