Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark 22:45 - Dec 19 with 8033 viewsGloryHunter

Supposing the PM had been a man, and he'd said "Stupid man". Would that have attracted the same level of criticism? What does the knitting circle think?
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 09:49 - Dec 20 with 2317 viewsMytch_QPR

I saw Diane Abbott kissing Tom Watson behind the bike sheds.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 10:21 - Dec 20 with 2258 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jezza's on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 2237 viewsTacticalR

But is it really an insult? Gove said we'd had enough of experts, so I don't think there should be any stigma attached to stupidity.

Air hostess clique

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 10:34 - Dec 20 with 2226 viewsqprd

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 09:46 - Dec 20 by Tonto

its a classic diversion tactic from the party that is making a right rickets of Brexit to take pressure off their embattled "leader" (the same leader they tried to oust last week). Not for one moment that I think Corbyn (or anyone lese for that matter) could do a much better job.

I don't know if its a diversionary tactic, or if its just a reflection of the public's attention span

very few people will learn the details of any brexit plan (myself included). but we don't mind getting distracted by these stupid shiny objects
Jezza's on 10:37 - Dec 20 with 2213 viewsstevec

Jezza's on 10:28 - Dec 20 by TacticalR

But is it really an insult? Gove said we'd had enough of experts, so I don't think there should be any stigma attached to stupidity.

Exactly and stupidity is in the eye of the beholder.

My wife calls me a stupid man on an almost daily basis but we're still together after 35 years so it can't be that stigmatizing.
Jezza's on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 2168 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Jezza's on 09:21 - Dec 20 by R_from_afar

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think I'll ask the some of the 14 million living in poverty on May's watch what they think (8 million of them living in a family where at least one person works, 4.1m of them children). Perhaps some of the 320,000 homeless people should also be asked.

It is important that we deal with the real issues as a priority, so wheel in more lip readers, of all political leanings, faiths and colours. Our future relationship with the place which takes 50% of our exports, homelessness, broken communities with no jobs, low wages...put all that bollox on hold while we get this sorted as a priority.

Leaving my political leanings to one side, the way MPs are behaving and their focus on trivial issues terrifies me. The vote of no confidence should not be targeted at May, it should be aimed at the whole lot of them. Their duty is to serve their constituents and the country but most of them are focused on their own careers and other selfish interests. They are a disgrace and I have no confidence in their ability to help our country period, regardless of whether there is Brexit or not.

RFA

Yes, they are bound to vote for no confidence in themselves.
Turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind.
Jezza's on 11:04 - Dec 20 with 2151 viewsMick_S

Jezza's on 10:37 - Dec 20 by stevec

Exactly and stupidity is in the eye of the beholder.

My wife calls me a stupid man on an almost daily basis but we're still together after 35 years so it can't be that stigmatizing.

Well I'm bloody offended on your behalf.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Jezza's on 12:07 - Dec 20 with 2060 viewsJuzzie

Looks like he said 'stupid people' to me. If you say 'woman' your lips purse up, his didn't.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 12:09 - Dec 20 with 2054 viewsessextaxiboy

It would be interesting to hear the opinions of any female posters ?
Jezza's on 12:52 - Dec 20 with 1976 viewsDorse

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 12:09 - Dec 20 by essextaxiboy

I, for one, am offended that you do not wish to hear the opinions of trans-sexual body dysmorphic elderly immigrant communists in wheelchairs. I demand an apology.

I know, I know. I'm banned.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:52]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 13:03 - Dec 20 with 1952 viewsngbqpr

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 08:25 - Dec 20 by CroydonCaptJack

In all seriousness what exactly is the issue here?
I just heard Simon Jordan on TS say exactly the same. What is the difference between stupid woman, stupid man or stupid people? Is it offence as it is a direct insult or is it offensive because it has 'woman' in it.
Genuinely can someone explain?

Here is someone explaining. Not saying it is or isn't my take* - but it is someone arguing why they think it does matter.
(*as a rule I try to keep out of LFW 'political' threads tho I do value them, as there is a genuinely diverse bunch of views, strongly held and rigorously debated, which you often don't get in the social media echo chambers)

Oh and daveB's chimps at the zoo analogy is spot on, I think most can agree on that

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/stupid-woman-jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-sexi

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 13:03 - Dec 20 with 1946 views2Thomas2Bowles

The great Stanley to ref

What would you do if I called you a kunt?
Send you off!

What if I just thought you were a kunt?
Nothing

Well I think you're a kunt

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 13:24 - Dec 20 with 1901 viewsknocker

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 09:02 - Dec 20 by hubble

I've watched it several times. He's clearly mouthing stupid people. Therefore he's not lying.

Apart from that, this is being hyped out of all proportion by those who want to make political capital out of it. Anything to deflect from the utter shambles that woman and her government are making of leaving the EU.

I bet you voted Labour!
Jezza's on 13:45 - Dec 20 with 1850 viewssmegma

Jezza's on 12:52 - Dec 20 by Dorse

I, for one, am offended that you do not wish to hear the opinions of trans-sexual body dysmorphic elderly immigrant communists in wheelchairs. I demand an apology.

I know, I know. I'm banned.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:52]

You've got a motorised wheelchair so your opinion don't count,
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 13:50 - Dec 20 with 1846 viewsnix

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 12:09 - Dec 20 by essextaxiboy

There is a bit of previous from male politicians patronising women, for example, David Cameron’s, ‘calm down dear’ that grates a bit and I’d wish they’d cut it out. But tbh that pales into absolute insignificance compared to the scandalous mess this lot are making of our country. How they’ve been ignoring the concerns of those people who voted Brexit because they were f*cked off by no one listening to them. How they’ve turned Parliament into a yaboo free-for-all where they shout at each other and fail to answer a single question directly. Meanwhile voting ever greater salaries, enshrining into the rules their rights to take money for influencing policies that might be directly against their constituents’ interests, ignoring indiscretions both minor and major committed by them involving sexual harassment, financial irregularities, it goes on and on.

Instead of having the cream of leadership and intelligence running our country we have a load of self-serving toddlers obsessed with having all the toys for themselves and not able to consider the consequences of their actions any further than the next five minutes.

I think this goes way beyond party politics and asks serious questions about how we choose the people to even run for office. We are relying on the kind of people who want to run cosy little constituency parties to choose the options for whiom we can vote. There is no chance for us to choose between, say, two conservative candidates. I don’t have any answers as to how to change this but I don’t believe the Commons Club will be changed from within.
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 13:50 - Dec 20 with 1844 viewsDavieQPR

Must really upset the Guardian readers who are so PC and can't wait to get on social media

but it turns out it is their hero.
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 14:04 - Dec 20 with 1815 viewsCliff

I've looked at it a couple of time, and I agree with an earlier post that said something about lip shape at the end, when I say woman I end up in a wider lip pose than when I say people. This is closer to how I feel Corbyn ends up, but unless we see footage of him naturally saying both words I think it'll be impossible to tell for sure.

Also please note that this was a "mumble" to himself, not shouted out over the dispatch box, in my view that's only one step away from the thought police senario!
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 14:22 - Dec 20 with 1777 viewsDaiHo0p

Lying scum all of them those tories, he didn't say it so fark off. Laughing while people are concerned about the mess they are making on Brexit and everything else. People actually spend taxpayers money planning & writing this pantomime stuff for her and when they get called out for being stupid they turn it around with lies like a bunch of cnts.
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 14:34 - Dec 20 with 1749 viewstraininvain

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 14:22 - Dec 20 by DaiHo0p

Lying scum all of them those tories, he didn't say it so fark off. Laughing while people are concerned about the mess they are making on Brexit and everything else. People actually spend taxpayers money planning & writing this pantomime stuff for her and when they get called out for being stupid they turn it around with lies like a bunch of cnts.

Come on, don't hold back and let us know what you really think.
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:06 - Dec 20 with 1688 viewsflynnbo

https://www.google.com/search?q=stupid+boy+pike&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB813GB813&oq=s
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:18 - Dec 20 with 1666 viewsMick_S

Bobby Ball used to call Tommy Cannon a "stupid person" regularly. Different times, I suppose.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:27 - Dec 20 with 1640 viewsplasmahoop

The bit that I don't get with him is why he tries to argue that black is white. He denied being involved in the wreath laying at the Palestinian terrorists graves, but he was. He clearly said stupid woman, so why deny it. He just thinks if he denies something it will go away. I do agree with the general consensus that they are all useless though, and I'm not that bothered that he did say it.
Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:30 - Dec 20 with 1635 viewsMytch_QPR

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:27 - Dec 20 by plasmahoop

The bit that I don't get with him is why he tries to argue that black is white. He denied being involved in the wreath laying at the Palestinian terrorists graves, but he was. He clearly said stupid woman, so why deny it. He just thinks if he denies something it will go away. I do agree with the general consensus that they are all useless though, and I'm not that bothered that he did say it.

It's 'fake news' - Trump gets away with it, now everyone's joining in.

I didn't just type that.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:37 - Dec 20 with 1623 viewsloftboy

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 15:18 - Dec 20 by Mick_S

Bobby Ball used to call Tommy Cannon a "stupid person" regularly. Different times, I suppose.

Poor old private pike would have captain mainwaring in for corrective training in this day and age.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Jezza's "Stupid woman" remark on 17:01 - Dec 20 with 1514 viewsLazyFan

Interesting how she will take sexist insults the way she wants when it suits her:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/11/theresa-may-bloody-difficult-woman-p

Therefore it is not about equality but about convenience.
If Corbyn did say it then he is a fool.

But sometimes I think the Labour Party throw in a few right-wing style mistakes on purpose to appeal to the English Van Man stereotype. Such as a few stupid sexist comments, not supporting Jewish people quickly enough and so on. Win a few votes from that base. As, why do they make these simple mistakes?

When it comes to the economy, they are like super careful. It is all costed. Battle plans have been drawn up in case capital attempts to be withdrawn from the country in the advent of the Labour govt and so on. Usually, they do not make such blatantly obvious mistakes, that also seem to benefit in other ways, possibly.

I am not convinced these mistakes are always by accident. I suspect they are getting the better of the press (for the moment) in these games as the establishment excels in its chattering classes stereotype.

We shall see.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024