Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shortest QPR playing career 19:15 - Jan 3 with 6202 viewsenfieldargh

Listening to a pod cast where Jason Crowe apparently came on as a sub and within 30 seconds receives a Red card and is never selected again so pretty short Arsenal career.

I'm trying to think of any QPR players who made their first team debut and that was pretty much it.

Did Tom Hitchcock come on in the final few minutes, score the winner and never play for us again?

Alan Brazil was another, must be loads more but must have had to make an official appearance

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Shortest QPR playing career on 22:43 - Jan 3 with 1708 viewsQPR_Jim

Shortest QPR playing career on 22:32 - Jan 3 by loftboy

Generoso Rossi
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 22:32]

Thinking goalkeepers what about the American Matt Pickens, if I remember correctly wasn't the sum of his contribution to our club to injury one of our better players?
Shortest QPR playing career on 22:54 - Jan 3 with 1688 viewsaston_hoop

Shortest QPR playing career on 22:43 - Jan 3 by QPR_Jim

Thinking goalkeepers what about the American Matt Pickens, if I remember correctly wasn't the sum of his contribution to our club to injury one of our better players?

Did for Rowan Vine in training didn't he?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Shortest QPR playing career on 22:55 - Jan 3 with 1687 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The T.Witter himself - Tony Witter. 4 years, 1 appearance.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Shortest QPR playing career on 23:07 - Jan 3 with 1669 viewsSuperhoop83

The Dominic Twins - Iorfa and Shimmin.

I still think we all imagined that bizarre Leeds match that heralded the end of Ollie's first stint as manager.

Suffering since 1978.

Shortest QPR playing career on 23:30 - Jan 3 with 1649 viewsCamberleyR

Shortest QPR playing career on 22:55 - Jan 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

The T.Witter himself - Tony Witter. 4 years, 1 appearance.

4-1 defeat away at Villa Park, first day of the 93/94 season, I was there to see it. I think he was deputising for the injured Macca and we scored a belter of a goal from Les to equalise on half time IIRC. Played in the all black kit with the red trim which superstitious Gerry Francis binned after that game and changed it to all red with black trim.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Shortest QPR playing career on 23:45 - Jan 3 with 1623 viewsaston_hoop

Troy Hewitt and Tyler Blackwood for a couple of wannabe strikers

Shortest QPR playing career on 00:14 - Jan 4 with 1603 viewsLythamR

Shortest QPR playing career on 22:34 - Jan 3 by CiderwithRsie

Bloody hell, was it really just part of one game?

I can only say that it took several years off my life.

(The Walthamstow story is suitably bizarre - did you recognise him, or was he wearing a name-badge?)

My Favourite was Louis Hamilton, came on as a second half sub away at Burnley if memory serves and was subbed about 20 minutes later after proving he was no sort of professional footballer at all

Hopefully someone can confirm this was real and not part of a recurring nightmare
Shortest QPR playing career on 00:20 - Jan 4 with 1590 viewsaston_hoop

Shortest QPR playing career on 00:14 - Jan 4 by LythamR

My Favourite was Louis Hamilton, came on as a second half sub away at Burnley if memory serves and was subbed about 20 minutes later after proving he was no sort of professional footballer at all

Hopefully someone can confirm this was real and not part of a recurring nightmare

Yeah we had an injury crisis where basically anyone with boots got a game that day. I do remember reading about Hamilton not too long ago though, wen't on to have a solid non-league career at least.

Login to get fewer ads

Shortest QPR playing career on 00:43 - Jan 4 with 1576 viewskensalriser

Javier Chevanton.

Three months, two appearances, total playing time 17 mins plus time added on.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Shortest QPR playing career on 03:45 - Jan 4 with 1548 viewsLoftgirl

Shortest QPR playing career on 20:08 - Jan 3 by CamberleyR

A few understudy goalkeepers made just one appearance.

Peter Hucker's number 2 Graham Benstead. I think Hucker got injured and Benstead played his one and only QPR game away at West Brom in the FA Cup January 1983. We lost 3-2 in the third round (surprise surprise).

Andy Pape, another goalkeeper played just the one game away at Charlton right at the end of the 1979/80 season.

There must be more goalkeepers but that's the two off the top of my head I can think of.

EDIT: Bankole? I'm pretty sure he didn't play more than that nightmarish half hour against Tranmere when Harper got injured?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 20:13]

I was at that game. Didn't he save a penalty?
Shortest QPR playing career on 06:37 - Jan 4 with 1519 viewsDixie_CT

Shortest QPR playing career on 00:20 - Jan 4 by aston_hoop

Yeah we had an injury crisis where basically anyone with boots got a game that day. I do remember reading about Hamilton not too long ago though, wen't on to have a solid non-league career at least.

Lewis Hamilton played for Lewes when they were doing quite well. Another one that only played one game was Matt Hislop who also ended up at Lewes and is mentioned in this article which also talks about Hamilton:

http://qprreport.blogspot.com/2007/03/released-defender-matt-hislop-debuts.html?
Shortest QPR playing career on 07:44 - Jan 4 with 1471 viewstoboboly

Bruno Andrade
Bruno Perrone
Dusan Toscic

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Shortest QPR playing career on 08:44 - Jan 4 with 1443 viewsJigsore

Dellatore. Did he even make the bench?

Think he ended up in Cyprus playing European football. Crikey.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Shortest QPR playing career on 09:31 - Jan 4 with 1405 viewsTonto

Shortest QPR playing career on 19:50 - Jan 3 by NoDiddley

Does Richard Ord count?
Signed in 1998 from Sunderland, got injured pre season, with us 2 years never got on the pitch!

this was going to be my contribution!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Shortest QPR playing career on 09:48 - Jan 4 with 1396 viewsLowerloftLad

markus bent

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Shortest QPR playing career on 10:03 - Jan 4 with 1384 viewsterryb

Shortest QPR playing career on 21:36 - Jan 3 by loftus77

Armel Tchakounte?? Adam Czerkas???

Or - from my long lost youth - Karl Elsey?? Don't think he played many.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 21:39]

Far too many though loftus77!

For some reason that excuse for a person called Docherty decided he was worth a place in the team at the start of the '79-80 season.
Shortest QPR playing career on 11:00 - Jan 4 with 1350 viewsDannyPaddox

Danny Westwood (who made a recent appearance in the Boxing Day thread) played one half of a league game in 1974 and scored (Parkes and wind assisted). Until recently I thought this was the sum total of his QPR career but he did start a League Cup game at home to Newcastle a couple of months earlier in October. Replaced by David Webb on 49 minutes just after Malcolm MacDonald had scored his third to make it 0-4. And that was when we took cup games seriously. Alas the front three of Bowles, Givens, and Westwood would never join forces again. Bought from Billericky (siccy). Went on to Gillingham - for a record fee!

Yours sincerely, Petter Vaagen Moen.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 12:01]
Shortest QPR playing career on 11:46 - Jan 4 with 1322 viewsSonofNorfolt

Kurt Bakholt is THE one.
From what I recall he came on at Maine Road with about a quarter of an hour to go, and shortly after got taken out by John Gidman I think.
That was it.
The Dane was rated but we never got to find out.
Shortest QPR playing career on 11:54 - Jan 4 with 1311 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Armel Tchakounte

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Shortest QPR playing career on 11:58 - Jan 4 with 1312 viewsEsox_Lucius

Vic Mobley?

The grass is always greener.

Shortest QPR playing career on 12:09 - Jan 4 with 1300 viewslongbottom

Dave Metchick.
Shortest QPR playing career on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 1299 viewsDannyPaddox

Bending it slightly but this is for xtc who somehow hadn't heard the Zlatan story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/zlatan-1998-qpr-trial-118
Shortest QPR playing career on 12:37 - Jan 4 with 1278 viewsqprxtc

Shortest QPR playing career on 12:10 - Jan 4 by DannyPaddox

Bending it slightly but this is for xtc who somehow hadn't heard the Zlatan story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.balls.ie/amp/football/zlatan-1998-qpr-trial-118

Yeah, that was an enlightening insight Danny. We could have had quite a team of future stars that we told to p1ss off. Isn't Stuart Pearce and Paulo Wanchope in there too?

Back to the original post.

My favourite answers in this question are usually Karl Elsey and Peter Davidson.
Shortest QPR playing career on 12:55 - Jan 4 with 1265 viewsqprd

redknapp made some ridiculous signings in 2013-2014

Javier Chevanton, who had Uruguay caps, played for about 20 minutes over 2 substitute appearances

Oguchi Onyewu, one of the most successful US nationals with 70 caps, was signed, but made no appearances....
Shortest QPR playing career on 13:08 - Jan 4 with 1256 viewsDannyPaddox

I remember Chevanton having a cracking shot from outside the box - hit the bar or came close. And that was it.

Karl Elsey later played in a European Cup Winners Cup Quarter Final for Newport County (with John Aldridge) against Carl Zeiss Jena. Which means he would've crossed the iron curtain into East Germany and been monitored by the Stasi. Elsey and the Stasi. That's something to reflect on. Last I heard he was a postman in Gillingham.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 13:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024