Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred 14:55 - Jan 26 with 19951 viewsLeedsR

Apologies if Spackman - couldn’t see one below. First time for me, so hope that’s not a kiss of death?!

No Eze in the squad?!? Hopefully we’re not about to sell him. Pompey will score, but I’m hoping we’ll be too much for them. Seems like a 442 with Manning and Scowen in the middle and Pav and Freeman our wide. Interesting to see how Wells and Oteh play together.

1:2 Rangers.
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:53 - Jan 26 with 3185 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Still Rangers. 95:00 gone.

FT.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 3166 viewsToast_R

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:53 - Jan 26 by DylanP

What are the rules for extra time in this round?

In the replay
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:54 - Jan 26 with 3135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fancy us in the replay, we'll have Mass and Eze.

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:55 - Jan 26 with 3081 viewsToast_R

Good work Brian.

Interesting to see how well the tickets sell for this replay.
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:56 - Jan 26 with 3028 viewsjohncharles

Replay. Well done the Rssss. It sounded absolutely dire but we live to fight another day.

Strong and stable my arse.

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:56 - Jan 26 with 3027 viewskensalriser

Set up nicely for an embarrassing capitulation at LR with either an injury or sending off to help Portsmouth to a 0-3 win.

Just as well I'm not a pessimist.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:58 - Jan 26 with 2962 viewsBklynRanger

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:55 - Jan 26 by Toast_R

Good work Brian.

I'm looking forward to the replay. Should be a good atmosphere. Need to sort out what happened in that first 20 mins of the second half.
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:58 - Jan 26 with 2944 viewshopphoops

Not too bad a game in the end. We're still in it.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:01 - Jan 26 with 2881 viewsLeedsR

Phew, at least it wasn’t a loss - for a moment I thought my prediction was on!! Cheers for the comms Brian!
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:02 - Jan 26 with 2849 viewsLblock

What a terrible pitch!!
Awful second half.

We look absolutely shot to bits and leggy everywhere, such a shame we cannot ship some fresh legs in and Schteeve probably wouldn't use them anyway!

Lucky to be in the hat but I'm glad we are.

Anyone know replay date?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:03 - Jan 26 with 2816 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:02 - Jan 26 by Lblock

What a terrible pitch!!
Awful second half.

We look absolutely shot to bits and leggy everywhere, such a shame we cannot ship some fresh legs in and Schteeve probably wouldn't use them anyway!

Anyone know replay date?

I think we definitely looked tired. Couple of light recovery days needed, maybe.

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 2810 viewsheadhoops

replay 5th Feb - tickets £15 for adults - should see a decent crowd,

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 2801 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a terrible pitch!!
Awful second half.

Anyone know replay date?

Never mind that - when's the FIFTH ROUND DRAW!!!!

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 2801 viewsDylanP

Dire game

At least we didnt lose

Roll on the replay

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:10 - Jan 26 with 2701 viewsHAYESBOY

That was awful to watch.

We had two efforts inside the first ten mins...….we still had only two efforts after 65mins.

Scowen and Manning were terrible. At least Scowen got stuck in second half as he was wound up.
Thank fck Luongo is back.
No one played well today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:13 - Jan 26 with 2640 viewshopphoops

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 17:03 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I think we definitely looked tired. Couple of light recovery days needed, maybe.

we got kicked around enough too today.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 18:07 - Jan 26 with 2345 viewsSteveB

Well, I just don't get it, so much negativity, especially the Twitterati? I really enjoyed that game - look, it wasn't Arse v Manc U, but ffs - it was a proper blood, guts & thunder cup tie.

We were on top for 43 minutes, didn't create enough but should have been leading at the break. Pompey had their 1st shot in anger on 43 mins & then ripped us to bits for the next 20 minutes.

Pompey goal, poor work from Furlong initially, hint of offside - Lynch, on a skiddy surface made what I'm sure he thought was a necessary attempt to clear the ball (it wasn't) bosh, 1-0.

Heads never went down, re-grouped and got a deserved leveller - not before the obligatory Penalty not given when Smith was literally cut in half whilst airbourne.
It was a penalty, all fekkin day long. I feared a bit for Wells, he was getting some rough treatment all afternoon, but you just have to love the fella, brilliant hold up game. Wastes very little & scored from inside a yard after about 4 R's attempts, ran straight to the R's fans behind the goal. Nice.

Scrappy after that, but no less enjoyable. Freeman had a great chance to nick it but never looked up & fluffed it with his right boot.

It wasn't a game for the purist, but Barcelona we are not. Great work from the R's faithful, loud & proud all game long.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 18:23]
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 18:23 - Jan 26 with 2265 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 16:55 - Jan 26 by Toast_R

Good work Brian.

I second that without his typing some of us would be lost ,lets hope we can pick it up at home need fresh legs though it sounds like .
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 2184 viewsDeepcutHoop

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 18:07 - Jan 26 by SteveB

Well, I just don't get it, so much negativity, especially the Twitterati? I really enjoyed that game - look, it wasn't Arse v Manc U, but ffs - it was a proper blood, guts & thunder cup tie.

We were on top for 43 minutes, didn't create enough but should have been leading at the break. Pompey had their 1st shot in anger on 43 mins & then ripped us to bits for the next 20 minutes.

Pompey goal, poor work from Furlong initially, hint of offside - Lynch, on a skiddy surface made what I'm sure he thought was a necessary attempt to clear the ball (it wasn't) bosh, 1-0.

Heads never went down, re-grouped and got a deserved leveller - not before the obligatory Penalty not given when Smith was literally cut in half whilst airbourne.
It was a penalty, all fekkin day long. I feared a bit for Wells, he was getting some rough treatment all afternoon, but you just have to love the fella, brilliant hold up game. Wastes very little & scored from inside a yard after about 4 R's attempts, ran straight to the R's fans behind the goal. Nice.

Scrappy after that, but no less enjoyable. Freeman had a great chance to nick it but never looked up & fluffed it with his right boot.

It wasn't a game for the purist, but Barcelona we are not. Great work from the R's faithful, loud & proud all game long.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 18:23]

The reaction to that kind of game, is exactly why it's been so painful being a QPR fan in recent years. A lot of idiots have social media accounts.

So many fans expect us to be more like Man City than Portsmouth sadly. No idea why.
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 19:43 - Jan 26 with 1954 viewstraininvain

What a terrible pitch!!
Awful second half.

Anyone know replay date?

McClaren wasn’t shy about introducing Wells, Rangel, Cameron, Hemed etc when they were signed... unless I’m missing something obvious?

Manning came into the team today and I could see why McClaren has been reluctant to use him. Let’s be honest, we’re not exactly blessed with squad depth.

I doubt McClaren will wait long to reintroduce Cameron and Luongo into the starting 11 once they are both back and ready to play.
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 20:14 - Jan 26 with 1837 viewsstowmarketrange

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 18:37 - Jan 26 by DeepcutHoop

The reaction to that kind of game, is exactly why it's been so painful being a QPR fan in recent years. A lot of idiots have social media accounts.

So many fans expect us to be more like Man City than Portsmouth sadly. No idea why.

I certainly don’t expect us to play like Man City,but nor do I expect us to play like oxford city.I watched the game sober and we were awful all over the pitch again today,and we’re lucky to still be in the hat for the 5th round.
We couldn’t control or pass the ball to one of our own players,and there were so many misplaced clearances and attempted hacks to clear the ball.
I know they are of league 1 for a reason,but my god we were poor today.
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 1784 viewsSteveB

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 20:14 - Jan 26 by stowmarketrange

I certainly don’t expect us to play like Man City,but nor do I expect us to play like oxford city.I watched the game sober and we were awful all over the pitch again today,and we’re lucky to still be in the hat for the 5th round.
We couldn’t control or pass the ball to one of our own players,and there were so many misplaced clearances and attempted hacks to clear the ball.
I know they are of league 1 for a reason,but my god we were poor today.

Sorry, but that is a load of old pish. We are what we are, a team 10 or so places above a team that's been ripping up the league below us. 2 defeats over Xmas, unbeaten in shitloads previously, they are a good side, well managed by a man much admired at Loftus Rd.

Fuk all between the teams, well fought draw away from home, so much to appreciate, but don't let that stop you picking at the negatives.

Of course we've played better, but we have certainly played a lot, lot worse. What exactly did you expect today? It's a cup tie. Most important thing is, we are still in it....
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 21:06 - Jan 26 with 1714 viewsstowmarketrange

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 20:45 - Jan 26 by SteveB

Sorry, but that is a load of old pish. We are what we are, a team 10 or so places above a team that's been ripping up the league below us. 2 defeats over Xmas, unbeaten in shitloads previously, they are a good side, well managed by a man much admired at Loftus Rd.

Fuk all between the teams, well fought draw away from home, so much to appreciate, but don't let that stop you picking at the negatives.

Of course we've played better, but we have certainly played a lot, lot worse. What exactly did you expect today? It's a cup tie. Most important thing is, we are still in it....

I meant to say that they are top of league 1 for a reason,but what part of the game apart from the score did we match them in?There was very little movement up front,the midfield couldn’t hold on the ball and only the goal from corner saved us from getting what we probably deserved.
Did we have any other shots on target?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 21:28]
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 21:07 - Jan 26 with 1712 viewsRussian__Bot

What's clear to me is Scowen is rubbish. Only wants the ball in safe areas and hides when we're up the pitch. Which is not ok when playing 4-4-2 especially. Furlong isn't really a right back. No future in that position.

McClaren has done very well to get what he has out of this team this year

But despite the flaws this is a really likeable team who whatever else will roll there sleeves up and keep themselves in the game like they did
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 21:07]
Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 22:06 - Jan 26 with 1566 viewsBoston

Wot no Pompey Cup Fred? - Fred on 21:07 - Jan 26 by Russian__Bot

What's clear to me is Scowen is rubbish. Only wants the ball in safe areas and hides when we're up the pitch. Which is not ok when playing 4-4-2 especially. Furlong isn't really a right back. No future in that position.

McClaren has done very well to get what he has out of this team this year

But despite the flaws this is a really likeable team who whatever else will roll there sleeves up and keep themselves in the game like they did
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 21:07]

Could ya stick to politics please.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024