Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play Scholesy... 12:36 - Feb 11 with 3223 viewsW7Ranger

Be good to see if he can work his way up through the leagues and make it to the top...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46935128
Fair play Scholesy... on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 3215 viewsKonk

He's always been a massive Latics fan and brought his kids up to follow them, which is pretty cool considering everything he achieved at Man Utd. I hope he can do a decent job there.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fair play Scholesy... on 12:48 - Feb 11 with 3177 viewsTheChef

Fair play Scholesy... on 12:40 - Feb 11 by Konk

He's always been a massive Latics fan and brought his kids up to follow them, which is pretty cool considering everything he achieved at Man Utd. I hope he can do a decent job there.

Good mate of mine is a Latics fan, will see what he thinks of it all.

As a club they've really declined since the mid 90s, you think about how that play off semi final went it could quite easily going further downhill.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fair play Scholesy... on 12:52 - Feb 11 with 3159 viewsJigsore

Will resign after two days because he realises can't simply buy Aberdeen's best player

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Fair play Scholesy... on 13:14 - Feb 11 with 3103 viewsJuzzie

Would he have taken a League Two job if it was Yeovil, for example?

The fact it's his boyhood team and I'm guessing local-ish to where he lives was a big factor.

Good luck though, nice to see someone starting at the bottom rung regardless of the circumstances rather than expecting to walk straight into a PL or Championship role.
Fair play Scholesy... on 13:35 - Feb 11 with 3049 viewsBoston

I wish him and Oldham well.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fair play Scholesy... on 13:55 - Feb 11 with 3008 viewsrunningman75

I remember in the early 1990s an Oldham fan thinking their club was bigger than QPR.
Fair play Scholesy... on 14:57 - Feb 11 with 2951 viewsted_hendrix

Oldham is the coldest place in the universe, I'm sure we had a game there in August many moons ago and it was literally fcking freezing, think we won 1-0 or 2-1.

Eh up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fair play Scholesy... on 15:15 - Feb 11 with 2911 viewsJuzzie

Fair play Scholesy... on 14:57 - Feb 11 by ted_hendrix

Oldham is the coldest place in the universe, I'm sure we had a game there in August many moons ago and it was literally fcking freezing, think we won 1-0 or 2-1.

Eh up.

I think Boundary Park is the highest ground above sea level in the country. Never been, feel sorry for those that do, especially the home fans in winter.
Login to get fewer ads

Fair play Scholesy... on 15:32 - Feb 11 with 2881 viewsToast_R

Remember their rise to the top division in the early 90s taking a few division 1 scalps on their plastic pitch in the cups. Andy Ritchie was decent on it. Fa cup semi final in 1990 v Man United 3-3 Utd won the replay through Mark Robbins. Unlucky on Oldham, they sold Denis Irwin to United after that.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 15:39]
Fair play Scholesy... on 09:24 - Feb 12 with 2651 viewsrobith

Can't wait for his annual performance review

"Mr Scholes, absolute worldies are up 200%, but straight red horror tackles are up 900%"

He's been well gobby in the press the last two years so be interesting to see how he handles heat if it starts going wrong
Fair play Scholesy... on 09:40 - Feb 12 with 2631 viewsterryb

Fair play Scholesy... on 15:15 - Feb 11 by Juzzie

I think Boundary Park is the highest ground above sea level in the country. Never been, feel sorry for those that do, especially the home fans in winter.

It's certainly the coldest I've been too!

I'm fairy sure that West Brom have the highest ground in England. This is based on television quiz questions!
Fair play Scholesy... on 09:47 - Feb 12 with 2622 viewsW7Ranger

Fair play Scholesy... on 09:40 - Feb 12 by terryb

It's certainly the coldest I've been too!

I'm fairy sure that West Brom have the highest ground in England. This is based on television quiz questions!

I thought West Brom's was lowest and Oldham's was the highest?
Fair play Scholesy... on 09:49 - Feb 12 with 2617 viewsMick_S

Fair play Scholesy... on 09:24 - Feb 12 by robith

Can't wait for his annual performance review

"Mr Scholes, absolute worldies are up 200%, but straight red horror tackles are up 900%"

He's been well gobby in the press the last two years so be interesting to see how he handles heat if it starts going wrong

Charmless and one - eyed. Like his mates.

Bit harsh?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 9:49]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fair play Scholesy... on 10:34 - Feb 12 with 2577 viewsKonk

Fair play Scholesy... on 09:47 - Feb 12 by W7Ranger

I thought West Brom's was lowest and Oldham's was the highest?

I always thought Oldham's was the highest - it is fu cking freezing - but I'm sure it is actually West Brom.

I had completely forgotten what a dirty fu cker Scholes was as a player. Great, great player but it used to do my head in the way he'd almost snap someone's leg in two and the commentators would chuckle and say, "Paul Scholes really can't tackle properly, ha ha" as if it was just an issue with timing or technique rather than being a dirty c unt.

I'm torn now - I admire his enduring love for Oldham, but he was a dirty fu cker.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fair play Scholesy... on 10:44 - Feb 12 with 2556 viewsjohann28

Highest: Hawthorns/WBA (551 feet above sea level), Vale Park/Port Vale (525), Boundary Pk/Oldham (509)

Lowest - Blundell Pk/Grimsby Tn (2 feet above sea level), St Marys/Southampton (3), KC/Hull (6)
Fair play Scholesy... on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 2548 viewsTheChef

Ironically, the coldest I've ever felt at a football match was at Griffin Park, when they had the open terrace behind the goal.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fair play Scholesy... on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 2499 viewssmegma

AKUTRs Dave THomas caught pneumonia at Oldham many moons ago.

I once saw an igloo for sale in a local estate agents there.
Fair play Scholesy... on 12:55 - Feb 12 with 2461 viewsMick_S

Fair play Scholesy... on 10:34 - Feb 12 by Konk

I always thought Oldham's was the highest - it is fu cking freezing - but I'm sure it is actually West Brom.

I had completely forgotten what a dirty fu cker Scholes was as a player. Great, great player but it used to do my head in the way he'd almost snap someone's leg in two and the commentators would chuckle and say, "Paul Scholes really can't tackle properly, ha ha" as if it was just an issue with timing or technique rather than being a dirty c unt.

I'm torn now - I admire his enduring love for Oldham, but he was a dirty fu cker.

97 yellow cards. If I had been a bit smarter I could have paid my mortgage off.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fair play Scholesy... on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 2442 viewsJuzzie

Fair play Scholesy... on 10:45 - Feb 12 by TheChef

Ironically, the coldest I've ever felt at a football match was at Griffin Park, when they had the open terrace behind the goal.

Been cold at plenty of away games but the coldest I was ever at a match was actually at Loftus Road February 2006. Iceland v Trindad & Tobago in a pre-World Cup warm up. It was fookin' freezing. You'd think the conditions would suite Iceland better but T&T won 2-0 (Dwight Yorke got both).

Interesting to see WBA is the highest. Been there a few times and never felt that cold, even the 1-0 FA Cup win there a few years ago.
Fair play Scholesy... on 13:22 - Feb 12 with 2419 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I went twice in the playoff year and can confirm it's f'kin FREEZING.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fair play Scholesy... on 13:46 - Feb 12 with 2387 viewsHayesender

I remember standing on that open terrace at Oldham one year, and we literally had bright sunshine, followed by gale force winds, followed by driving rain and hail, and back to bright sunshine again, all in the space of 90 minutes.

Bollox to living up there

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fair play Scholesy... on 14:07 - Feb 12 with 2361 viewsR_from_afar

Here's Europe's coldest club, they played a game in -18 degrees in 2003 .

I bet their fans clap a lot!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024