Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season's squad 19:09 - Mar 4 with 6127 viewsnumptydumpty

Early to speculate but as far as me concerned:

Goalkeeper

Lumley - keep
Ingram - to sell

Defence

Furlong Rangel Leistner Hall Bidwell - keep
Baptiste Lynch to sell

Midfield

Bright Cousins Luongo Manning Chair Cameron (I hope) Wzolek (if on affordable salary) - keep

Freeman Scowen - to sell

Strikers

Eze Smith Smyth Oteh Wells (I hope)

We will need back up goalkeeper and all positions at back.
One possibly two new wide men and one new striker

But with the resources we have - can't see a season much above this and the last mid table at best....

Probably way too early for this but we already seem to be in end of season mode at beginning of March...…..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Next Season's squad on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 2180 viewsHerzog

may not so terrible, I agree

remember the stuart wardley season? 99-00? I thought we would be terrible that year
but we found Jermaine darlington and wardley and we were even thinking of the playoffs weren't we till we lost 0-1 to palace if i remember rightly
Next Season's squad on 18:48 - Mar 5 with 2128 viewsMistication92

Keepers:

Get rid of Ingram, Dieng to be back up to Lumley.

Defenders:

Get rid of Hall, Rangel (£), Lynch, Baptiste. I'm guessing Hamalainien isn't really part of the plans if he's being loaned to LA, so I'm guessing he goes as well.

That leaves Furlong, Bidwell, Kakay and Leistner. Gulp.

Midfielders:

Get rid of Cameron (£), Freeman and Luongo probably sold (££). Wouldn't be surprised if Wzolek gets some interest as well. Is Shodipo still in the picture? Is Wheeler going to come back and feature? Goss will go.

That leaves Cousins (maybe), Scowen (maybe), Eze, Manning, Shodipo, BOS, Chair, Wheeler (maybe). Guuuuuulp.

Forwards:

Get rid of Hemed and Wells (££), hopefully Smith due to ££.

That leaves Oteh and Smyth. GUUUUUUUUUULP.

So priorities would be in no order, couple of non-idiot central defenders, a left winger (?), maybe a midfielder in the Cameron mould unless Scowen/Manning can be taught that role. Then probably a lump of striker. Happy days...
Next Season's squad on 18:51 - Mar 5 with 2123 viewsrsonist

You can always "see players going" but I got the impression the club had fully prepared for Luongo leaving last summer (time off to get fit for the World Cup etc) and nothing was doing in the end. Likewise while we all howled for a bigger fee for Smithies, Cardiff's bench was the only serious offer that came in. So who knows.
Next Season's squad on 20:20 - Mar 5 with 2053 viewsstevec

Next Season's squad on 18:51 - Mar 5 by rsonist

You can always "see players going" but I got the impression the club had fully prepared for Luongo leaving last summer (time off to get fit for the World Cup etc) and nothing was doing in the end. Likewise while we all howled for a bigger fee for Smithies, Cardiff's bench was the only serious offer that came in. So who knows.

This is true. No one else is going to line these players with better wage deals (apart from Freeman) so I can’t see the squad changing much, in fact this might be a chance to get rid of some free loaders.

Should also be sh it or bust time for those we’ve sent out on loan, from what I can see only Chair is playing 90 minutes, the rest are already on their respective benches.
Next Season's squad on 20:55 - Mar 5 with 2026 viewsGloucs_R

Mass only had a year left in the summer, so do they twist or stick?? I could actually see him going abroad next year for free.

Also one year remaining... Smith, Ingram, Scowen, BoS, Manning.

Let's assume Freeman goes, which I think he deserves and nobody resigns... That leaves a team that looks like this...

Lumley
Kakay / Furlong / BFG / Niko
Scowen / Mass
BOS / Eze / Smyth
Smith

Squad

Dieng, Wheeler, Chair, Oteh, Owens, Manning, Ingram, Goss, Felix. 😬
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:56]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Season's squad on 21:46 - Mar 5 with 1999 viewsDejR_vu

Next Season's squad on 20:55 - Mar 5 by Gloucs_R

Mass only had a year left in the summer, so do they twist or stick?? I could actually see him going abroad next year for free.

Also one year remaining... Smith, Ingram, Scowen, BoS, Manning.

Let's assume Freeman goes, which I think he deserves and nobody resigns... That leaves a team that looks like this...

Lumley
Kakay / Furlong / BFG / Niko
Scowen / Mass
BOS / Eze / Smyth
Smith

Squad

Dieng, Wheeler, Chair, Oteh, Owens, Manning, Ingram, Goss, Felix. 😬
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:56]

“Mass........ I could actually see him going abroad next year for free”. Was it Real Madrid or Barcelona Holloway reckoned he could play for?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Next Season's squad on 07:27 - Mar 6 with 1893 viewsGloucs_R

Next Season's squad on 21:46 - Mar 5 by DejR_vu

“Mass........ I could actually see him going abroad next year for free”. Was it Real Madrid or Barcelona Holloway reckoned he could play for?

I was thinking more Mid table Germany, France or Spain. 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Next Season's squad on 09:33 - Mar 6 with 1847 viewsrobith

It's going to be another rough 3 years IMO. Will be a real challenge to keep attendances up
Login to get fewer ads

Next Season's squad on 10:11 - Mar 6 with 1826 viewsfrancisbowles

Next Season's squad on 17:08 - Mar 5 by Harbour

Yes agree with this Dave...the club operating model to survive must be buy cheap and develop players sell on for profit and replenish every season ala Brentford who seem to have this down to a fine art. Given we are paying the FFP Fine over instalments (10 years )? and no parachute payments we have to rely on player sale profits to survive unless the stadium move actually happens which seems a long way off.

Aren't the owners paying the FFP fine and isn't it outside the ongoing FFP loss limits?
Next Season's squad on 13:18 - Mar 6 with 1779 viewsrsonist

Maybe Trent Sainsbury will feel he's won all he can with his three PSV appearances and accept a new challenge with us after all.
Next Season's squad on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 1765 viewsR_from_afar

Next Season's squad on 09:33 - Mar 6 by robith

It's going to be another rough 3 years IMO. Will be a real challenge to keep attendances up

What a mysterious answer! Why three specifically?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Next Season's squad on 13:57 - Mar 6 with 1735 viewsrobith

Next Season's squad on 13:34 - Mar 6 by R_from_afar

What a mysterious answer! Why three specifically?

RFA

Haha, was chosen for unspecific reasons!

- Next period of FFP without parachute payments and current stadium
- Probably the longest of current contract cycle until they're at a lower base level again
- Other clubs in worse bother potentially keeping us afloat by default with point deductions
- Time for youth players to be developed and sold on
- Period of any player we sign and becoming good being sold for any reasonable offer
Next Season's squad on 14:34 - Mar 6 with 1717 viewsderbyhoop

There's 9 players out of contract excluding the 4 loanees.

Cannot see us being able to afford to keep Lynch and Wzolek. Others (Bidwell, Hall, Shodipo) may have to be released to balance the books.
We're either going to have to do some seriously good scouting, and/or hope the loanees all develop the way Lumley, Furlong and Eze did.

So far, with the exception of Chair and Dieng, the signs are not looking great.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next Season's squad on 07:52 - Mar 8 with 1490 viewsDorse

We've shown previously that we can easily recover from losing our biggest names. I mean, after we sold Les Ferdinand we bought Charlie Austin. And made a profit on both sales.

We're doomed. As usual.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2019 8:19]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Next Season's squad on 08:08 - Mar 8 with 1476 viewsozexile

Next Season's squad on 13:18 - Mar 6 by rsonist

Maybe Trent Sainsbury will feel he's won all he can with his three PSV appearances and accept a new challenge with us after all.

Hope not. If we're expecting him to shore up the defence we're in trouble.
Next Season's squad on 08:49 - Mar 8 with 1439 viewstraininvain

Next Season's squad on 19:27 - Mar 4 by bosh67

Sadly I can see both Freeman and Eze going.

Ingram, Baptiste, Lynch and Bidwell will leave.

I think Pav will leave sadly. Hope we keep Manning but McClaren not really handling him well.

I have a bad feeling Luongo could also move on.

Smith may well be sold on if deemed to be on too much money.

Wells, Cameron and Hemed will all go back and I doubt we will see them again.

Rangel however may stay on. Depends. We will need one or two elder statesmen but I can see next season's squad being very much a development team with a few older heads.

Depends on whether or not the youngsters step up. Could be a much harder season because our accounts still look fairly poor and I can't see us spending any money again.

Happy happy happy!

I don't understand the perception of Manning on here. He's struggled to get in our first team under a couple of managers, went on loan to Rotherham and ended up on the bench. So I doubt other clubs will be banging down the door to sign him any time soon.

He looks to me like a half decent squad player at best but maybe I'm missing something.
Next Season's squad on 08:56 - Mar 8 with 1433 viewscaliforniahoop

I get the feeling SM is going for three at the back for next season, he will need a LB, Freeman Will have too drop back into midfield, as we have zero creativity.

Cameron stating he wants to stay is huge, as he is a good DM, we have no others at the club.

The youth are the key, SM doesn’t take too many chances on youth, we have some promising youngsters I would like to see given a chance, I have listed a few.

I am a LF believer but,I also believe this summer will be his defining one, Brentford, Norwich, Bristol City, Preston have all proven that you don’t need billions to find players, I wish you well Mr Ferdinand 🤞🏿

GK, Lumley, Dieng

RB, Kakay Rangel?, Felix?
LB, Hamalainen +1, Domi?.

CB, Hall, Furlong, Bidwell, Phillips, Leinster, Gubbins? +1

MF, Cameron, Cousins, Luongo, Freeman, Manning, Owens, Bettache,B Wells, Goss?

Wingers, Amrit-bansal-mcnulty, Tilt, BOS, Smyth, Shodipo.

No. 10 Eze, Chair (Freeman)

Strikers, Oteh +2/3
Next Season's squad on 09:08 - Mar 8 with 1421 viewsPikey

all the doom and gloom is laughable. Just renewed my season ticket and expect us to be holding our own next year.
Yeh we'll lose Freeman bur Chair will blossom in his place.

we need a left back though as we ain't had one for a few years, Bidwell can go tomorrow as far as i'm concerned. Watch him tomorrow slow getting back after his foray up front and turns sideways into a tackle shuts his eyes and waggles his leg.
Ok going forward but never a defender.
Next Season's squad on 10:38 - Mar 8 with 1377 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bo...cks to it and I suggest we ignore previous lessons, and go on a monumental mother-of-all spending sprees!

If it works this time, then we're up and if it doesn't, well it'll put us all out of our misery once and for all.

Sh1t or bust. Up and at 'em, arms out in some provincial northern town with a 'kin 'ave some' attitude.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Next Season's squad on 12:50 - Mar 8 with 1298 viewsJordanFoster

It's far harder than getting rid of a Matt Smith than just saying he'll have to go as he's on too much. You need to find someone to match the £15k because if hes only got a year left then he may as well stick it out.

People write off Bidwell but if we are going to be going into next year without any real experienced players, relying heavily on youth...I'd take Bidwell every day of the week over someone who may need time to bed in or is inconsistent because they're so young.

Finally on Freeman, unlike Brentford and Maupay, we are absolutely desperate for money and every club knows it. Whereas others can be picky over offers for their players due to money in the bank, we have to accept more or less what we get offered. Even more so if theres only one club in.
Next Season's squad on 14:36 - Mar 8 with 1251 viewsaston_hoop

As a slight aside, I appreciate this article is a couple of months old but it seems our scouting is being spread far and wide to find someone!

https://www.futbolperuano.com/descentralizado/noticias/delantero-de-alianza-lima

basically the jist of it is that we had some 18 year old Peruvian striker on trial for a couple of weeks in Jan. can't accuse our scouts of not trying.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Next Season's squad on 15:42 - Mar 8 with 1212 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Next Season's squad on 14:36 - Mar 8 by aston_hoop

As a slight aside, I appreciate this article is a couple of months old but it seems our scouting is being spread far and wide to find someone!

https://www.futbolperuano.com/descentralizado/noticias/delantero-de-alianza-lima

basically the jist of it is that we had some 18 year old Peruvian striker on trial for a couple of weeks in Jan. can't accuse our scouts of not trying.

Inca for a penny, Inca for a pound.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024