Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How poor is this women’s football 18:38 - Jun 9 with 22608 viewsloftboy

Shocking defending by England for Scotland to pull one back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How poor is this women’s football on 21:39 - Jul 2 with 1346 viewsloftboy

Never a penalty

How poor is this women’s football on 21:42 - Jul 2 with 1326 viewsMoonshineSteve

Certainly was. Reverse camera angle showed contact.

Didn't matter though.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

How poor is this women’s football on 21:42 - Jul 2 with 1325 viewsaston_hoop

That didn't feel like a penalty to me either but it took at least 5 minutes to know. Have I mentioned I don't like VAR recently? Watched Uruguay v Peru on Saturday, Uruguay had 3 goals ruled out, 2 of which were debatable still. stupid system anyway

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

How poor is this women’s football on 21:44 - Jul 2 with 1303 viewsMoonshineSteve

And how is that a sending off? Got the ball.

How poor is this women’s football on 21:45 - Jul 2 with 1282 viewsloftboy

How poor is this women’s football on 21:44 - Jul 2 by MoonshineSteve

And how is that a sending off? Got the ball.

Via the shin!

How poor is this women’s football on 21:46 - Jul 2 with 1268 viewsMoonshineSteve

Ball first.

How poor is this women’s football on 21:47 - Jul 2 with 1258 viewsloftboy

The American sports fans are so fûcking annoying

How poor is this women’s football on 21:50 - Jul 2 with 1238 viewsNed_Kennedys

How poor is this women’s football on 20:50 - Jul 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Defensively they are all over the place: one of the central defenders is Chelsea so that doesn't help of course. Still in it at HT though.

Chelsea player sent off in act of stupidity. Shit penalty as well.
Login to get fewer ads

How poor is this women’s football on 22:03 - Jul 2 with 1140 viewsStanisgod

I can only assume White bottles pens as she hasn't taken one all tournament.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

How poor is this women’s football on 22:06 - Jul 2 with 1122 viewsAntti_Heinola

How poor is this women’s football on 21:42 - Jul 2 by aston_hoop

That didn't feel like a penalty to me either but it took at least 5 minutes to know. Have I mentioned I don't like VAR recently? Watched Uruguay v Peru on Saturday, Uruguay had 3 goals ruled out, 2 of which were debatable still. stupid system anyway

it's awful. Ruins the game. we can't be waiting 3, 4 mins for a decision, and the offside ones are ludicrously marginal. Having your big to off, but being level in terms of the rest of your body cannot be offside. It's stupid. It's ruining the game.

Bare bones.

How poor is this women’s football on 22:10 - Jul 2 with 1095 viewsToast_R

Ugh, gutting way to lose, why does that always happen to England?

That pen looks worse everytime you see it. Just leather it!!!

Sincerely hope Sweden or Netherlands beat USA but I dont hold much hope. Easily the two best teams tonight.
How poor is this women’s football on 22:20 - Jul 2 with 1034 viewsloftboy

How poor is this women’s football on 22:06 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

it's awful. Ruins the game. we can't be waiting 3, 4 mins for a decision, and the offside ones are ludicrously marginal. Having your big to off, but being level in terms of the rest of your body cannot be offside. It's stupid. It's ruining the game.

Agree, should have to be daylight between the torso and legs for it to be off, can’t see it changing anytime soon though.

How poor is this women’s football on 22:21 - Jul 2 with 1029 viewsTacticalR

The penalty was crap, but USA deserved to win because they had a clearer idea of what they were doing and looked more in control (even without Rapino). England could really do with a couple of creative players as it's hard to beat a team like the USA on fitness and strength. Having said that England always had a foothold in the game.

Air hostess clique

How poor is this women’s football on 22:23 - Jul 2 with 1017 viewsessextaxiboy

The best part of going to a game is that eruption when we score or when we get a pen
It's going to kill all that ,with players making the var signal every time they get touched . All this "contact" rubbish winds me up too . Tackling involves contact . It takes too long ,even a minute is too much . Take it back to goal line technology only IMO. I have always thought that a hint of a fix would finish it for me but this will come close if it carries on.like this ..
How poor is this women’s football on 22:26 - Jul 2 with 1004 viewsToast_R

How poor is this women’s football on 22:23 - Jul 2 by essextaxiboy

The best part of going to a game is that eruption when we score or when we get a pen
It's going to kill all that ,with players making the var signal every time they get touched . All this "contact" rubbish winds me up too . Tackling involves contact . It takes too long ,even a minute is too much . Take it back to goal line technology only IMO. I have always thought that a hint of a fix would finish it for me but this will come close if it carries on.like this ..

VAR is years of bitching and moaning about referees coming home to roost.
How poor is this women’s football on 22:37 - Jul 2 with 957 viewsdaveB

if VAr is to work the offside rule has to change, that was bollocks tonight similar to a few recent ones.

That penalty was the right call but how many bloody times did they have to view it, took 4 minutes and about 35 views, thats nonsense

Overall though USA deserved the win, I thought Neville cocked it up changing the system for the game, he'd have been slaughtered after the game if that was the mens team

Quite enjoyed the tournament though, Womens football has really improved in the last few years
How poor is this women’s football on 22:40 - Jul 2 with 952 viewsLblock

How poor is this women’s football on 22:10 - Jul 2 by Toast_R

Ugh, gutting way to lose, why does that always happen to England?

That pen looks worse everytime you see it. Just leather it!!!

Sincerely hope Sweden or Netherlands beat USA but I dont hold much hope. Easily the two best teams tonight.

If that’s the best two teams in the tournament then thank fork that’s the only game I’ve watched and last one I will.
Awful

The football on display terrible, VAR a joke, the ref terrible and atmosphere like a Take That concert. Also, not even a token man on the “panel of experts”.... tsk, tsk
It was good to see foul throws are still out there in the game

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

How poor is this women’s football on 22:42 - Jul 2 with 941 viewsJuzzie

If there was no VAR chances are it would’ve been 2-2 after 90 mins.

I’m all for technology to help but every game going to 97+ mins is crazy. Thing is, once you use it for one thing you have to use it for everything. I would have been fuming if it wasn’t even used fir then penalty decision after it was used for a 1cm offside.

Offside should be bleedin’ obvious, not a toe that’s in front of the defending line.

I wasn’t sure about the pen in real time, felt that she miss kicked but looked like the US player just kneed her in the thigh to make her miss so correct call. Poor penalty though, hit it into the ground and easy save for the goalie as she’d gone the right way.

I watched very little of this world cup but felt we were the better team in the second half. The US were content with running it down the left channel and had hardly anyone in the box to cross to. Risky game when you’re only one goal up and the opponent have potential to score.
Yes, it worked in the end but would have loved it if we’d banged one it to equalise.
How poor is this women’s football on 22:43 - Jul 2 with 935 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How poor is this women’s football on 22:40 - Jul 2 by Lblock

If that’s the best two teams in the tournament then thank fork that’s the only game I’ve watched and last one I will.
Awful

The football on display terrible, VAR a joke, the ref terrible and atmosphere like a Take That concert. Also, not even a token man on the “panel of experts”.... tsk, tsk
It was good to see foul throws are still out there in the game

As I mentioned before it’s impossible to compare Men and Women’s football sensibly.

Try to watch it as a fan rather than a coach. Nobody can say that match and England in general wasn’t entertaining.
How poor is this women’s football on 22:55 - Jul 2 with 896 viewsstevec

How poor is this women’s football on 22:43 - Jul 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

As I mentioned before it’s impossible to compare Men and Women’s football sensibly.

Try to watch it as a fan rather than a coach. Nobody can say that match and England in general wasn’t entertaining.

Must admit I haven’t watched women’s football since they stopped fielding 4 foot 9 goalkeepers.

First game I’ve seen for an age and first half was seriously impressed with the passing, movement and ball control, second US goal was superb. Tried to envisage Luongo knocking 40 yard cross field passes to his winger but seeing as it’s never actually happened I gave up.

They all looked knackered second half and it did tail off but fair play, their game has moved up a notch.
How poor is this women’s football on 23:20 - Jul 2 with 837 viewsMistication92

That Jill Scott pass was sublime. That won't get any credit because of 'cking VAR. I'm quickly realising (last few weeks) that I'm falling completely out of love with football. This tournament has been superb IMO, but I feel like I might completely sack off next men's season, (apart from Clive's reports). Not sure I'll be able to handle VAR and the long drudgery of another season that never seems to end.
How poor is this women’s football on 23:21 - Jul 2 with 834 viewsessextaxiboy

How poor is this women’s football on 22:26 - Jul 2 by Toast_R

VAR is years of bitching and moaning about referees coming home to roost.

It's about money IMO . There is so.much of it at the top that a wrong decision can cost millions .
How poor is this women’s football on 23:46 - Jul 2 with 800 viewsSnipper

They missed their last 3 penalties, and being honest, all 3 were crap.

If that was the men’s team doing that, they’d be crucified in the press.

Women’s football is bloody shite though.
How poor is this women’s football on 00:19 - Jul 3 with 781 viewsBrazilNutR

I can never understand for the life of me why the top scoring centre forward isn't always the penalty taker, it's like putting the left winger in goal for penalties to me, should be their bread and butter, and strikers thrive on goals, and penalties are a free chance at a slotting one in from inside the box.. drives me mad. White could have taken it, equalized and won the golden boot
How poor is this women’s football on 00:38 - Jul 3 with 758 viewsHadders

I was in a large , packed pub tonight and it felt like a bit of a cultural moment. People were totally absorbed in the game and supporting England (or USA, there were quite a few Americans) with the same passion as they would the men's team. There was plenty of skill on display and slightly fewer of the antics which often mar the men's game. In addition, perhaps the women carry less historical baggage and seem less removed from "real life" than the blingy blokes. Well done to the BBC - I suspect many girls may be more likely to take up the game now and the standard will only improve.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 19:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024