Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How poor is this women’s football 18:38 - Jun 9 with 22597 viewsloftboy

Shocking defending by England for Scotland to pull one back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How good is this women’s football on 18:08 - Jun 28 with 2466 viewsloftboy

How good is this women’s football on 16:05 - Jun 28 by Tonto

A pretty good performance from the team, although they o seem to have 5 minute periods when the defenders pass the ball to the opposition. So much so, I have changed the title of my response, because I think we have categorically shown Loftboy that his OP was massively incorrect!

Lucy Bronze was simply brilliant yesterday. Certainly a candidate for player of the tournament, and in the conversation for world's best player. It makes me wonder if she could cut the mustard in the man's game.

I stand by my original post that it is poor, but because both teams are of similar standard you get a good game! Does that make sense?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How good is this women’s football on 18:39 - Jun 28 with 2430 viewsstowmarketrange

How good is this women’s football on 18:08 - Jun 28 by loftboy

I stand by my original post that it is poor, but because both teams are of similar standard you get a good game! Does that make sense?

They are the best they can be at this time.With proper investment in coaching and facilities it will improve in the future.
It also makes a better game because you don’t get the players throwing themselves to the floor,or trying to con the officials as much.
It’s like the men’s game used to be before it was ruined by cheats.Do people think that women’s athletics is poor because they can’t run or throw as far as men can?
It is what it is and loads of fans across the world like the matches,whatever the quality.
How poor is this women’s football on 19:18 - Jun 28 with 2389 viewsDavieQPR

As long as they treat it as a different game and let it evolve naturally. Don't try and say it's the same as the men's game because it's not. Far less physical and they do not have the power to kick it so hard. The game was quite entertaining in its own right. England are much better now they have a proper Manager. There was no mention of that terrible air shot that led to the first goal.
How good is this women’s football on 19:44 - Jun 28 with 2353 viewsterryb

How good is this women’s football on 18:08 - Jun 28 by loftboy

Is that not like comparing other sportswomen to their male counterparts?

I don't expect any woman to run as fast as Bolt, bowl as fast as Archer or serve as fast as Federer. That doesn't mean that they can't perform at a very high standard though.
How poor is this women’s football on 19:55 - Jun 28 with 2337 viewsRangersw12

Caught a bit of the Aussies v Norway and it was decent with a lot of skill , haven't watched anymore games though .

I do think the women's game would benefit from slightly smaller goals , in Women's cricket they bring the boundaries in so can't see why the goals couldn't be made a bit smaller
How poor is this women’s football on 19:59 - Jun 28 with 2334 viewsToast_R

How poor is this women’s football on 19:55 - Jun 28 by Rangersw12

Caught a bit of the Aussies v Norway and it was decent with a lot of skill , haven't watched anymore games though .

I do think the women's game would benefit from slightly smaller goals , in Women's cricket they bring the boundaries in so can't see why the goals couldn't be made a bit smaller

Eh? They're not children are they?

[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 20:04]
How poor is this women’s football on 20:07 - Jun 28 with 2317 viewsRangersw12

How poor is this women’s football on 19:59 - Jun 28 by Toast_R

Eh? They're not children are they?

[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 20:04]

Didn't think it was that difficult to understand but I have been out in the sun all day....

Keepers in Women's football are terrible so making the goals smaller would make it a better game
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 20:09]
How poor is this women’s football on 20:26 - Jun 28 with 2295 viewsToast_R

How poor is this women’s football on 20:07 - Jun 28 by Rangersw12

Didn't think it was that difficult to understand but I have been out in the sun all day....

Keepers in Women's football are terrible so making the goals smaller would make it a better game
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 20:09]

Ive been following my local non league side a while and let me tell you, some of the goalkeeping is comical and a lot of the outfield stuff too. No ones ever talked about making the goals smaller or downsizing the pitches.

So by that logic then, outfield players would have to be imeasurably better to score goals and convert free kicks? Hardly seems fair to me.
Login to get fewer ads

How poor is this women’s football on 20:38 - Jun 28 with 2275 viewsRangersw12

How poor is this women’s football on 20:26 - Jun 28 by Toast_R

Ive been following my local non league side a while and let me tell you, some of the goalkeeping is comical and a lot of the outfield stuff too. No ones ever talked about making the goals smaller or downsizing the pitches.

So by that logic then, outfield players would have to be imeasurably better to score goals and convert free kicks? Hardly seems fair to me.

The women's world cup is the elite and the keeper are still terrible but I think a lot of it is down to the fact women are physically smaller than men and unable to get to the ball.

Like I said they have brought in the boundaries in womens cricket because they can't hit the ball as far as men so I don't see why they can't change it a bit in football

The outfield players would be easily be good enough to score in smaller goals as I think they're very good technically
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 20:39]
How good is this women’s football on 01:55 - Jun 29 with 2162 viewsBoston

How good is this women’s football on 19:44 - Jun 28 by terryb

Is that not like comparing other sportswomen to their male counterparts?

I don't expect any woman to run as fast as Bolt, bowl as fast as Archer or serve as fast as Federer. That doesn't mean that they can't perform at a very high standard though.

I'm a big fan of girls who put in a good performance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How poor is this women’s football on 12:18 - Jun 29 with 2036 viewsPinnerPaul

How poor is this women’s football on 20:38 - Jun 28 by Rangersw12

The women's world cup is the elite and the keeper are still terrible but I think a lot of it is down to the fact women are physically smaller than men and unable to get to the ball.

Like I said they have brought in the boundaries in womens cricket because they can't hit the ball as far as men so I don't see why they can't change it a bit in football

The outfield players would be easily be good enough to score in smaller goals as I think they're very good technically

Sweeping generalisation, not backed up by what I've seen. Not too many goals you could put down to GK error.

Some excellent GKs on show - England and Japan, the best two for me.
How poor is this women’s football on 12:20 - Jun 29 with 2033 viewsPinnerPaul

France v USA - unusual in that we had two pieces of blatant simulation which the referee should have cautioned for.

Carry on ignoring it and it will become as prevalent as it is in the men's game.
How poor is this women’s football on 13:44 - Jun 29 with 1969 viewsBoston

How poor is this women’s football on 12:20 - Jun 29 by PinnerPaul

France v USA - unusual in that we had two pieces of blatant simulation which the referee should have cautioned for.

Carry on ignoring it and it will become as prevalent as it is in the men's game.

Longer you’re married the more familiar you’ll become with blatant simulation squire.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How poor is this women’s football on 16:56 - Jun 29 with 1905 viewsDavieQPR

France v USA. I thought it was so nice of The Spice Girls to do the punditry work.
How poor is this women’s football on 17:34 - Jun 29 with 1884 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How poor is this women’s football on 20:38 - Jun 28 by Rangersw12

Ultimately it’s up to the women playing I guess.

I don’t think they would want it.

I think women’s football only seems inferior to the men’s because men’s have had a £trillion head start and has only really been socially acceptable since the 80s.

We had a cracking player at my school who used to get called a dyke 24/7. No conditions to progress in.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 17:36]
How poor is this women’s football on 19:48 - Jun 29 with 1791 viewsTacticalR

How poor is this women’s football on 17:34 - Jun 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think women’s football only seems inferior to the men’s because men’s have had a £trillion head start and has only really been socially acceptable since the 80s.

We had a cracking player at my school who used to get called a dyke 24/7. No conditions to progress in.

In those days boys were made of puppy-dogs' tails and girls were made of sugar and spice and all things nice.

Air hostess clique

How poor is this women’s football on 19:49 - Jun 29 with 1788 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I think most of the world wants England to send the US packing and it would be the best thing for Women's soccer IMO.Not just because of the humiliating beating they gave Thailand but their arrogant cocky attitude all this Tournament.Plus slaying the giant is the essence of sports and with Germany out the door has opened for England
Hopefully they can step through and make the final then its who ever performs on the big day
How good is this women’s football on 19:59 - Jun 29 with 1771 viewsTonto

How poor is this women’s football on 19:49 - Jun 29 by CLAREMAN1995

I think most of the world wants England to send the US packing and it would be the best thing for Women's soccer IMO.Not just because of the humiliating beating they gave Thailand but their arrogant cocky attitude all this Tournament.Plus slaying the giant is the essence of sports and with Germany out the door has opened for England
Hopefully they can step through and make the final then its who ever performs on the big day

Yeah but then Trump would believe he is justified and right in his spat with Rapinoe.... doubled edged sword!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How poor is this women’s football on 21:58 - Jun 29 with 1684 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How poor is this women’s football on 19:48 - Jun 29 by TacticalR

In those days boys were made of puppy-dogs' tails and girls were made of sugar and spice and all things nice.

Not the kids at my school. 10 B&H, Lynx Africa, and angry Irish DNA.
How poor is this women’s football on 22:07 - Jun 29 with 1671 viewsDorse

How poor is this women’s football on 17:34 - Jun 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not to belittle her struggle but do you have any photos? Only Holloway was asking.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

How poor is this women’s football on 11:08 - Jul 1 with 1371 viewsconnell10

How poor is this women’s football on 21:58 - Jun 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not the kids at my school. 10 B&H, Lynx Africa, and angry Irish DNA.

Now that made me laugh!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

How poor is this women’s football on 16:32 - Jul 2 with 1232 viewsPinnerPaul

Think England have a chance tonight.

Certainly overpriced at 10/3 (90') I think.
How poor is this women’s football on 20:43 - Jul 2 with 1135 viewsStanisgod

Doing OK except for the awful non defending from the two Karl Readys at centre back. Neither know what day it is when a cross comes in, but to be fair Morgan could play for us up front next season.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

How poor is this women’s football on 20:50 - Jul 2 with 1112 viewsNed_Kennedys

How poor is this women’s football on 20:43 - Jul 2 by Stanisgod

Doing OK except for the awful non defending from the two Karl Readys at centre back. Neither know what day it is when a cross comes in, but to be fair Morgan could play for us up front next season.

Defensively they are all over the place: one of the central defenders is Chelsea so that doesn't help of course. Still in it at HT though.
How poor is this women’s football on 20:56 - Jul 2 with 1084 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The future Mrs Dorse has played a blinder and Bronze is immense as individuals but that back four together is atrocious.

More goals for both sides I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024