Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boringwood thread & roll call 15:32 - Jul 15 with 15366 viewsenfieldargh

Local one for me, so a few from Enfield & Bushey

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Boringwood thread & roll call on 07:52 - Jul 17 with 2103 viewsMytch_QPR

As one of the resident happy-clappers, I'd like to point out that I believe Neil Warnock had a pretty poor pre-season before going on to perform complicated rectal surgery on most teams in the division.

On this basis, I shall be making haste to my local turf accountant to place a sizeable wager on a top 2 finish.

I am literally clapping myself.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:13 - Jul 17 with 1971 viewsconnell10

Boringwood thread & roll call on 07:34 - Jul 17 by Northernr

It just looks like last summer all over again at the back. Oh we're going to play out from the back, oh we're going to be all trendy, oh we're going to split the centre backs and take every single goal kick short. We're not good enough to do it. Defenders, first and foremost, need to defend, and Hall and Barbet were shocking last night, absolutely terrorised by a lad they've picked up from Oxford City.

Totally agree , we couldnt do it last season so how we gonna do it this season? Dont think playing from the back is gonna work at Rangers we just aint got the players to do it. Hope Warburton has got a plan B , if not i can see a lot of frustrated fans venting .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:24 - Jul 17 with 1928 viewsRblockPrior

It just looks like last summer all over again at the back. Oh we're going to play out from the back, oh we're going to be all trendy, oh we're going to split the centre backs and take every single goal kick short. We're not good enough to do it. Defenders, first and foremost, need to defend, and Hall and Barbet were shocking last night, absolutely terrorised by a lad they've picked up from Oxford City.

Well said, I agree with everything there as pretty as it may look playing out of the back we need to be able to defend 1st and foremost.

Hall for me is far to fragile and is lacking confidence to start the season as one of our CBs, for me it has to be Leistner and Barbet starting at the back.

Last night really worried me not only because we look so poor and toothless but also for the fact that the quality is just not there within that group of players. Hopefully Wallace and Smith coming into the team can help improve it along with a couple of strikers as lets face it those who saw it last night Oteh did absolutely nothing against a non league side.

On a positive note I think Ball has shown promise and has looked good on the ball, I am excited to see Bright Samuel more this year as I think he can be key to unlocking the defence, I like Amos as well.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 8:25]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:29 - Jul 17 with 1904 viewsNorthernr

I'm not so worried about the attack because there's no way we're going to try and do the season with just Oteh. I am worried about the defence and the style of play because they seem pretty set and I think they're going to cause us issues.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:36 - Jul 17 with 1875 viewsozexile

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:29 - Jul 17 by Northernr

I'm not so worried about the attack because there's no way we're going to try and do the season with just Oteh. I am worried about the defence and the style of play because they seem pretty set and I think they're going to cause us issues.

I'm not against playing out in a transition. But we can't do it from goal kicks.
We struggle to put 3 x passes together as it is so we need to be way higher up the field.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 9:02]
Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:45 - Jul 17 with 1835 viewsDejR_vu

Boringwood thread & roll call on 21:31 - Jul 16 by Hadders

50 years after men walked on the moon, Queens Park Rangers lose to Boreham Wood.

Good job Tony wasn't driving 50 years ago

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:01 - Jul 17 with 1789 viewsmakaveli1882

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:24 - Jul 17 by RblockPrior

Well said, I agree with everything there as pretty as it may look playing out of the back we need to be able to defend 1st and foremost.

Hall for me is far to fragile and is lacking confidence to start the season as one of our CBs, for me it has to be Leistner and Barbet starting at the back.

Last night really worried me not only because we look so poor and toothless but also for the fact that the quality is just not there within that group of players. Hopefully Wallace and Smith coming into the team can help improve it along with a couple of strikers as lets face it those who saw it last night Oteh did absolutely nothing against a non league side.

On a positive note I think Ball has shown promise and has looked good on the ball, I am excited to see Bright Samuel more this year as I think he can be key to unlocking the defence, I like Amos as well.

On a positive note I think Ball has shown promise and has looked good on the ball,

Stop trolling Rblock
Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:03 - Jul 17 with 1785 viewssmegma

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:45 - Jul 17 by DejR_vu

Good job Tony wasn't driving 50 years ago

Buzz Aldrin drove to the moon ??
Login to get fewer ads

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:07 - Jul 17 with 1765 viewsDejR_vu

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:03 - Jul 17 by smegma

Buzz Aldrin drove to the moon ??

Yep, hand on the steering wheel, elbow out the window.

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:10 - Jul 17 with 1747 viewsPey

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:29 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Shame it doesn't seem to work out for Oteh.
Had high hopes for him when he played during Olly's reign.
He had two excellent chances in pre season to impress MW and supporters to be considered as a real option upfront.

Another year on loan somewhere in league one or two looks more likely now.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:18 - Jul 17 with 1711 viewsDejR_vu

Boringwood thread & roll call on 08:24 - Jul 17 by RblockPrior

I'm not convinced we don't have the quality, I think it's just more about practice.

We're fundamentally trying to change the way we play. Given we've tried it before it seems it's the identity the club wants to adopt.

I know it doesn't seem like it most of the time watching it, but it is actually elite level sport, so trying to change what you've always done, against elite sportsmen, is difficult. It doesn't happen overnight. Tiger Woods changed his swing. I'm guessing he didn't practice for a couple of weeks and then go off and win the Open first try. But he was better for it in the long run. The difference is that he could pick and choose his tournaments / timing, we can't, so it's a question of whether we can get on top of it quickly enough. If not, we'll just keep going round the same loop, trying to change, jacking it in, changing manager, trying to change...... etc. If we can, we should be better off for it long-term.

Barbet played in this style at Brentford, Hall looked pretty good when he won Player of the Year a couple of years ago (I accept he's had issues since so that complicates things, but the ability is there), Wallace will have played this way under MW before.

I think it's a case of trying to persevere as long as we can and hope we crack it before we hole ourselves beneath the waterline. It's going to be nervy.

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:20 - Jul 17 with 1698 viewssmegma

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:07 - Jul 17 by DejR_vu

Yep, hand on the steering wheel, elbow out the window.

No, that was Harry.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:20 - Jul 17 with 1696 viewsjonno

Worrying.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:30 - Jul 17 with 1646 viewsAntti_Heinola

What a load of balls this thread is. We're going to struggle whatever happens. We might as well go down entertainingly with some cock-ups at the back and the odd amazing passing goal with a Barbet ping to the wing and a perfect cross like in Vienna. Just enjoy the ride.
Besides, all we need to stay up is for jonno to predict for us to go down.

Bare bones.

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 1639 viewsRangersw12

I would like to see Leinster start at Oxford as I think him and the fella from Brentford could compliment each other well and he also gives a bit a bit of physicality

It is worrying start to pre season but no need to panic yet
Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:43 - Jul 17 with 1592 viewsfrancisbowles

Leistner must be having sleepless nights. He can't get in the team and if he does they are going to try and play out from the back.

Agree he (Leistner) is our must solid defender but Barbet is going to have to be extremely clever at finding space and angles as well as being ready to cover if he loses possession.

I support the aims and idea of playing out but you have to mix it up as opponents are not going to sit back and let you do it. Even City have scary moments doing it.

I think this is also going to be a bit of a problem for Lumley as he seems a bit confused with it. Kelly seems more comfortable but even then he has long hesitant pauses with the ball at his feet.

I hope that everyone from the board to the fans are going to have nerves of steel as I can forsee it getting toxic if we give a couple of cheap goals away.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:03 - Jul 17 with 1538 viewsLongsufferingR

Where on earth is Smyth?

He's our saviour.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:05 - Jul 17 with 1529 viewsrsonist

Boringwood thread & roll call on 23:29 - Jul 16 by daveB

sounded crap but quite liked Warburtons interview on the offish, no excuses or bullshit, said we were poor and have to improve

"There were some heated words said in the changing room by the squad because they know they are better than that. "

This must be a world record for first heated words said in the changing room of the season.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:16 - Jul 17 with 1472 viewsdaveB

That is how Warburton teams play though and why he has signed Barbet, Amos and Smith so he has players who are able to play that way. I agree it will be terrifying to watch but if it comes off it will be great.

He has spoken a lot about knowing when to play short and when to play long but in pre season it is worth just trying the play out from the back way and get used to doing it as it's a big change for some of the players who have been here the last few years.

Key to it working will be how good the midfield are at coming to get the ball and keep it under pressure. We were diabolical at that last season.

For me you don't hire Warburton and ask him to hit long diagonals, his teams have always played this way and he's not going to change. If we wanted more direct with defenders just defending we should have hired Ainsworth.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:21 - Jul 17 with 1430 viewsrsonist

Boringwood thread & roll call on 09:18 - Jul 17 by DejR_vu

I'm not convinced we don't have the quality, I think it's just more about practice.

We're fundamentally trying to change the way we play. Given we've tried it before it seems it's the identity the club wants to adopt.

I know it doesn't seem like it most of the time watching it, but it is actually elite level sport, so trying to change what you've always done, against elite sportsmen, is difficult. It doesn't happen overnight. Tiger Woods changed his swing. I'm guessing he didn't practice for a couple of weeks and then go off and win the Open first try. But he was better for it in the long run. The difference is that he could pick and choose his tournaments / timing, we can't, so it's a question of whether we can get on top of it quickly enough. If not, we'll just keep going round the same loop, trying to change, jacking it in, changing manager, trying to change...... etc. If we can, we should be better off for it long-term.

Barbet played in this style at Brentford, Hall looked pretty good when he won Player of the Year a couple of years ago (I accept he's had issues since so that complicates things, but the ability is there), Wallace will have played this way under MW before.

I think it's a case of trying to persevere as long as we can and hope we crack it before we hole ourselves beneath the waterline. It's going to be nervy.

"I'm not convinced we don't have the quality, I think it's just more about practice. "

Agree mostly. Technically they can all pass the ball at this level, the question is what sort of pass we're asking. If we need everyone to have fast feet and glide through the press and ping 50 yarders it's already gone wrong - the sides that do it right have simple short passing where everyone is calmly confident in the pattern and spacing meaning someone's usually always free to receive. But you literally have to program that stuff into players through endless daily repetition.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:22 - Jul 17 with 1431 viewsNorthernr

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:16 - Jul 17 by daveB

That is how Warburton teams play though and why he has signed Barbet, Amos and Smith so he has players who are able to play that way. I agree it will be terrifying to watch but if it comes off it will be great.

He has spoken a lot about knowing when to play short and when to play long but in pre season it is worth just trying the play out from the back way and get used to doing it as it's a big change for some of the players who have been here the last few years.

Key to it working will be how good the midfield are at coming to get the ball and keep it under pressure. We were diabolical at that last season.

For me you don't hire Warburton and ask him to hit long diagonals, his teams have always played this way and he's not going to change. If we wanted more direct with defenders just defending we should have hired Ainsworth.

Agree with all of that. Amos and new Smith are going to have to be very good through the middle.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:26 - Jul 17 with 1408 viewsHooparoo

For God’s sake. We have a completely new team and a new coach, the players are probably getting flogged in pre season then we lose two meaningless friendlies and everyone on here seems to the world is ending.

What a bunch of bed wetters! Let’s give him a chance FFS.

Rant over

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:38 - Jul 17 with 1352 viewsdaveB

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:22 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Agree with all of that. Amos and new Smith are going to have to be very good through the middle.

I should add I'm not convinced it will work but I think it has more chance of working than it did when McClaren tried to play this way with Lynch, Cousins and Scowen trying to play out from the back
Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:40 - Jul 17 with 1343 viewsPunteR

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:16 - Jul 17 by daveB

Didnt see the game or have read all this thread but this seems the most reasonable post. Im not panicking just yet.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:49 - Jul 17 with 1308 viewspaulparker

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:22 - Jul 17 by Northernr

I’m not convinced our midfield is strong enough to maintain a tough championship season
It’s asking a lot of our 2 loanee players to step up and be consistent game after game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024