Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boringwood thread & roll call 15:32 - Jul 15 with 15371 viewsenfieldargh

Local one for me, so a few from Enfield & Bushey

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:15 - Jul 17 with 2239 viewsNorthernr

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:49 - Jul 17 by paulparker

I’m not convinced our midfield is strong enough to maintain a tough championship season
It’s asking a lot of our 2 loanee players to step up and be consistent game after game

Hence Cameron...
Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:16 - Jul 17 with 2237 viewsNorthernr

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:26 - Jul 17 by Hooparoo

For God’s sake. We have a completely new team and a new coach, the players are probably getting flogged in pre season then we lose two meaningless friendlies and everyone on here seems to the world is ending.

What a bunch of bed wetters! Let’s give him a chance FFS.

Rant over

Is this a good time to point out that the manager himself seemed pretty angry last night? Resulting in a weird reverse post match interview where the questioner was trying to talk up the positives and the manager was saying it simply wasn't good enough - meant to be the other way around that!
Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:20 - Jul 17 with 2214 viewspaulparker

Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:15 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Hence Cameron...

is he the answer ? I’m not totally convinced by him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:29 - Jul 17 with 2163 viewsdaveB

Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:16 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Is this a good time to point out that the manager himself seemed pretty angry last night? Resulting in a weird reverse post match interview where the questioner was trying to talk up the positives and the manager was saying it simply wasn't good enough - meant to be the other way around that!

I don't think i've ever heard a manager that angry after a pre season game. Sometimes this kind of performance and result can be a real positive as he knows early where the problems are rather than win every game and then realise too late that we're a bit rubbish
Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:55 - Jul 17 with 2050 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes I noticed that!

Good honest interview from Warburton.

2 other things from that interview

1) Said there were 'strong words' in the dressing room - a good sign I think

plus he said there were '2 or 3 more players coming in the next few days PLUS strikers on top'

IF another 5 players arrive, have to be some more departures surely?
Boringwood thread & roll call on 12:01 - Jul 17 with 2019 viewsPinnerPaul

Boringwood thread & roll call on 10:03 - Jul 17 by LongsufferingR

Where on earth is Smyth?

He's our saviour.

I thought that was Chair
Boringwood thread & roll call on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 1994 viewsrsonist

Boringwood thread & roll call on 11:29 - Jul 17 by daveB

I don't think i've ever heard a manager that angry after a pre season game. Sometimes this kind of performance and result can be a real positive as he knows early where the problems are rather than win every game and then realise too late that we're a bit rubbish

Just watched it. Seemed personally offended didn't he?

Looked ready to kick off when he said "You need to set a certain standard, and that's not the standard we're going to play at this season, we'll play a lot higher than that I assure you."

Laughed at loud at the interviewer finishing with a meekly bemused "Well... good luck to you..."
Boringwood thread & roll call on 12:06 - Jul 17 with 1984 viewsrsonist

Also increasingly clear he's going to nut the next bloke that asks him about strikers.
Login to get fewer ads

Boringwood thread & roll call on 12:58 - Jul 17 with 1843 viewsDando

I dont think we would have beaten any side last night, with the lack of strikers we currently have. yes, we probably played the better football (just), but any time we got near the box, there was absolutely nothing in there to aim for.

Did anyone else think Amos looked good on the ball, but is not suited to being so deep? Looked too lightweight and caught out a few times there. However made some good runs further forward
Boringwood thread & roll call on 13:49 - Jul 17 with 1724 viewsRBlock

Boringwood thread & roll call on 12:58 - Jul 17 by Dando

I dont think we would have beaten any side last night, with the lack of strikers we currently have. yes, we probably played the better football (just), but any time we got near the box, there was absolutely nothing in there to aim for.

Did anyone else think Amos looked good on the ball, but is not suited to being so deep? Looked too lightweight and caught out a few times there. However made some good runs further forward

I really liked the look of Amos. He used both feet well, moved the ball quickly, and made some incisive passes. I'm interested to see New Smith as well who's also played that deep lying midfield role, and how they combine.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 14:08 - Jul 17 with 1683 viewsNorthernr

Boringwood thread & roll call on 12:06 - Jul 17 by rsonist

Also increasingly clear he's going to nut the next bloke that asks him about strikers.

I don't blame him for that. I know our club is stupid and accident prone but they're not going to try and do a Championship season with Oteh as the only option up front. I'm not sure really hat we get out of haranguing the club 24/7 on social media and badgering the manager in every interview about it. Do we think they haven't noticed? Do we think they think they'l be fine and that Oteh is going to rattle in 20 goals this season and will onl realise that isn't the case when some braindead meathead shows them the light from his Twitter feed of 250 followers?
Boringwood thread & roll call on 14:58 - Jul 17 with 1570 viewsrunningman75

I am still questioning selling the other Matt Smith. In a deluded world you sell your Volvo thinking you will win the lottery tonight so you can buy a Ferrari. You do not win the lottery and am left without a car though you may be able to scrape together money for a Skoda from Car Giant.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 15:12 - Jul 17 with 1552 viewsNorthernr

Boringwood thread & roll call on 14:58 - Jul 17 by runningman75

I am still questioning selling the other Matt Smith. In a deluded world you sell your Volvo thinking you will win the lottery tonight so you can buy a Ferrari. You do not win the lottery and am left without a car though you may be able to scrape together money for a Skoda from Car Giant.

Yeh I think we could end up regretting that as well.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 15:21 - Jul 17 with 1506 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Boringwood thread & roll call on 15:12 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Yeh I think we could end up regretting that as well.

If he wins a penalty at Loftus Road for Millwall I am never going to a football match ever again

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Boringwood thread & roll call on 17:51 - Jul 17 with 1341 viewsisawqpratwcity

And the Offish so embarrassed that they never actually printed the score.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Boringwood thread & roll call on 19:39 - Jul 17 with 1231 viewsRangersw12

Could be worse

Boringwood thread & roll call on 20:12 - Jul 17 with 1191 viewsrsonist

Boringwood thread & roll call on 14:58 - Jul 17 by runningman75

It's more like we sold the Volvo cos the wife and kids left us and it runs diesel anyway which we now object to on economic and ethical grounds. The plan is we get a nice nippy little modern Mini second-hand. If the Skoda just about gets you from A to B without bursting into flames that'll do too.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 20:44 - Jul 17 with 1153 viewssmegma

Boringwood thread & roll call on 20:12 - Jul 17 by rsonist

It's more like we sold the Volvo cos the wife and kids left us and it runs diesel anyway which we now object to on economic and ethical grounds. The plan is we get a nice nippy little modern Mini second-hand. If the Skoda just about gets you from A to B without bursting into flames that'll do too.

Where can we buy a trabant these days ??
Boringwood thread & roll call on 21:22 - Jul 17 with 1117 viewsjohnhoop

Boringwood thread & roll call on 20:44 - Jul 17 by smegma

I think we’re more in the market for a Reliant Robin.
Boringwood thread & roll call on 22:33 - Jul 17 with 1065 viewsDannyPaddox

Boringwood thread & roll call on 20:44 - Jul 17 by smegma

An Adel Trabaant?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024