Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking defending 20:58 - Jan 24 with 3553 viewswelwynranger

They fell asleep at the throw. Can't blame Lumley for that one
Cant see where a goal will come from with one up front picking up scraps
Shocking defending on 21:06 - Jan 24 with 2796 viewsRussian__Bot

Clearly the fact you have started a thread unprompted saying it wasn’t Lumleys fault... it to anyone who isn’t deluding themselves. It was his fault

Yes there was awful defending first

But that only lead to a shot that any keeper who wants to claim the job title as ‘professional’ should save in his sleep

He is not good enough

Needs clearing out of the side to work on his game and see if he can get himself anywhere near the standard required

A win tonight is a couple of hundred grand in prize money. Plus more money to come. He’s letting the club down again so far
Shocking defending on 22:56 - Jan 24 with 2596 viewsstowmarketrange

Shocking defending on 21:06 - Jan 24 by Russian__Bot

Clearly the fact you have started a thread unprompted saying it wasn’t Lumleys fault... it to anyone who isn’t deluding themselves. It was his fault

But that only lead to a shot that any keeper who wants to claim the job title as ‘professional’ should save in his sleep

He is not good enough

Needs clearing out of the side to work on his game and see if he can get himself anywhere near the standard required

A win tonight is a couple of hundred grand in prize money. Plus more money to come. He’s letting the club down again so far

From my position in the front row of ML it was definitely lumleys fault.It was a shot hit straight at him and it went under his body.
I’m not saying he cost us the game totally though because we were poor all over the pitch until the subs came on.
Shocking defending on 23:10 - Jan 24 with 2493 views100percent

Shocking defending on 21:06 - Jan 24 by Russian__Bot

He is not good enough

Hit the nail on the head for me with the comment about losing potentially 250k possibly 500k.
Why play anyone but your first team when there is potential to make money and progress?
If you want to bed the likes of Clarke in - or play Pugh and Hugill, give them a game against Blackburn away - we never win there.
Tonight weds were there for the taking - a really average side. The fact he never took Clarke off earlier was almost cruel on the lad - he was having a terrible 2nd half and needed pulling with an arm around his shoulder and told he would have another go tuesday.
Christ knows whats happening to Manning too - half the player he was in the first part of the season.
And without ganging up on him, Lumley looks so out of sorts its untrue.
Play your best side and play to win - it becomes a habit.
Really missed a guilt opportunity to make some money and to keep team confidence going.
I really like warburton but he got that wrong tonight.
Shocking defending on 23:20 - Jan 24 with 2437 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Defenders pointing and not taking responsibility really gets up my nose.
Shocking defending on 23:25 - Jan 24 with 2408 viewsstevec

Sounds like I picked the right night to go down the pub.

Lovely pair of shoulders

[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 23:26]
Shocking defending on 23:39 - Jan 24 with 2340 viewssmegma

My only bugbear was Lumley appeared to be blaming Jack Clarke for the goal for some reason?? The defenders switched off at a throw near our box and as mentioned the shot went under Lumley at his near post.
Shocking defending on 00:28 - Jan 25 with 2213 viewsVancouverHoop

Shocking defending on 23:39 - Jan 24 by smegma

My only bugbear was Lumley appeared to be blaming Jack Clarke for the goal for some reason?? The defenders switched off at a throw near our box and as mentioned the shot went under Lumley at his near post.

Yeah. No one should be allowed to practically walk untouched into your own area and get a clear shot on goal. Sure Lumley should have done better, but others have to wear that mistake too. Kane? Clarke? Leistner?

BTW. Who was it that Lumley did the almost as costly "after you Ma'am" with on the edge of our area mid-way through the second half?
Shocking defending on 01:03 - Jan 25 with 2138 viewsnix

Shocking defending on 00:28 - Jan 25 by VancouverHoop

Yeah. No one should be allowed to practically walk untouched into your own area and get a clear shot on goal. Sure Lumley should have done better, but others have to wear that mistake too. Kane? Clarke? Leistner?

BTW. Who was it that Lumley did the almost as costly "after you Ma'am" with on the edge of our area mid-way through the second half?

Pretty sure it was Kane.
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking defending on 01:27 - Jan 25 with 2087 viewsHunterhoop

Shocking defending on 23:39 - Jan 24 by smegma

It was Jack Clarke’s man, Smeg. Watch it again. His full back. They were pressing us. He ran off Clarke who was asleep. Everyone else was marking their men.
Shocking defending on 01:29 - Jan 25 with 2083 viewsHunterhoop

Shocking defending on 00:28 - Jan 25 by VancouverHoop

Clarke. It was his full back who scored. Watch it again. Nothing to do with the back 4. Lumley should still save it.
Shocking defending on 02:30 - Jan 25 with 2038 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Shocking defending on 01:29 - Jan 25 by Hunterhoop

Clarke. It was his full back who scored. Watch it again. Nothing to do with the back 4. Lumley should still save it.

It was poor goalkeeping, granted, but with Lumley's confidence so low the team should be busting a gut to protect him, not lay out the red carpet to the opposition. Poor defending all round.
Shocking defending on 07:16 - Jan 25 with 1886 viewsDWQPR

Clarke was totally at fault, not only for being totally asleep for not picking up his man from a throw clearance to him before the throw, hw was ahead of his marker and allowed him to run pass him to get to the ball first. If this is what £10million gets you nowadays Christ knows what BOS is worth.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Shocking defending on 07:29 - Jan 25 with 1852 viewsPaddyhoops

The defending was shambolic . The fact that Fox was allowed to run in behind unnoticed was dreadful.
I was right behind the goal and Lumley will be disappointed that he failed to save a powder puff shot. The crowd have been incredibly patient with him but we're not a charity and at the moment he's nowhere near the standard required.
Shocking defending on 08:11 - Jan 25 with 1776 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree with all of this. Clarke should've been hooked a lot earlier, he's either not very good or having one of those nights, either way he was on the pitch at least 20 mins too long.

And Manning now looks the player i always thought he was (before he had a bright spell at the start of the season), an honest trier that will only ever be average at best. And Lumley must be finito. MW should've started with Kelly - he needs a sustained run in the first team now whatever the match.

That line-up and bench last night should've been enough to get a positive result imo, but we looked so cautious and lacking intensity from the first whistle, it was bewildering.

But before the match i viewed the match as a bonus, it won't sully my weekend like it would've done had that been a league match. So onwards we go.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Shocking defending on 08:21 - Jan 25 with 1741 viewsDejR_vu

Shocking defending on 07:16 - Jan 25 by DWQPR

Clarke was totally at fault, not only for being totally asleep for not picking up his man from a throw clearance to him before the throw, hw was ahead of his marker and allowed him to run pass him to get to the ball first. If this is what £10million gets you nowadays Christ knows what BOS is worth.

Well as it’s us that would be selling, not very much. Some clubs have the ability to extract maximum value for their players, some don’t. We’re very much at the other end of the scale. We’d struggle to sell a glass of water to a dying man in the desert.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 8:51]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Shocking defending on 08:27 - Jan 25 with 1703 viewsDejR_vu

I think Lumley’s in real trouble. MW’s decision to persevere hoping he’d recover looks to have backfired. He looks so bereft of confidence and ability I’m not sure he can recover here, and I can’t imagine any professional club looking at him and thinking, ‘yeah, he looks like he’s the answer to our goalkeeping problems’.

Shocking defending on 08:44 - Jan 25 with 1626 viewsstevec

Shocking defending on 08:27 - Jan 25 by DejR_vu

I think Lumley’s in real trouble. MW’s decision to persevere hoping he’d recover looks to have backfired. He looks so bereft of confidence and ability I’m not sure he can recover here, and I can’t imagine any professional club looking at him and thinking, ‘yeah, he looks like he’s the answer to our goalkeeping problems’.

Hate to say this but if Warburtons judgment is so bad that he keeps on putting Lumley back in goal error after error then you question his long term future here.

It’s not every season you unearth a midfield and forward line we are fortunate enough to have, to then waste it on full backs and a keeper, probably the easiest and cheapest to replace, and languish a touch higher than some of the appalling sides we’ve fielded in the previous 4 years Is concerning.
Shocking defending on 08:57 - Jan 25 with 1587 viewssupahoopsa

Strange, I thought Lumley looked very confident last night. Yes he will be very disappointed with the goal, should really have got something on the shot to block it. It was awkward for a tall keeper, but it went through him rather than under him. His reaction to the goal was a little strange, almost as if he felt it was inevitable.

He came out for a couple of crosses, made a good save at the end of the first half, holding the ball well and I thought his distribution was much better. As I said, I thought he looked pretty confident.

However, that one moment, that one goal cost the team again. As a memebr of the goal keeper union, it's a very difficult position to play in, one mistake costs a goal. Whereas look at the number of scuffed efforts on goal, misplaced passes, wrong decisions by the outfield players and they almost seem to go without the same levels of vitriol or criticism.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Shocking defending on 09:05 - Jan 25 with 1561 viewspaulparker

Shocking defending on 08:44 - Jan 25 by stevec

Hate to say this but if Warburtons judgment is so bad that he keeps on putting Lumley back in goal error after error then you question his long term future here.

It’s not every season you unearth a midfield and forward line we are fortunate enough to have, to then waste it on full backs and a keeper, probably the easiest and cheapest to replace, and languish a touch higher than some of the appalling sides we’ve fielded in the previous 4 years Is concerning.

Totally Agree great post , Wells, hugill, Eze, BOS , chair are bar probably WBA the best forward line in the league , the amount of cock ups and Sh1t goals given away this year has been criminal, we should be higher up the league and not gifting home cup games away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Shocking defending on 09:08 - Jan 25 with 1553 viewsDejR_vu

Shocking defending on 08:57 - Jan 25 by supahoopsa

Strange, I thought Lumley looked very confident last night. Yes he will be very disappointed with the goal, should really have got something on the shot to block it. It was awkward for a tall keeper, but it went through him rather than under him. His reaction to the goal was a little strange, almost as if he felt it was inevitable.

He came out for a couple of crosses, made a good save at the end of the first half, holding the ball well and I thought his distribution was much better. As I said, I thought he looked pretty confident.

However, that one moment, that one goal cost the team again. As a memebr of the goal keeper union, it's a very difficult position to play in, one mistake costs a goal. Whereas look at the number of scuffed efforts on goal, misplaced passes, wrong decisions by the outfield players and they almost seem to go without the same levels of vitriol or criticism.

Agree with what you say about the position being unforgiving but that comes with the job. It applies to every keeper at every club. Other clubs’ keepers can cope with it which is why they make a professional living doing it. Lumley looks absolutely shot. No football club can keep fielding a keeper that lets 50% of shots on target in. Everyone in the game knows it which was why every corner was being whipped in under the crossbar, the opposition know he’s going to drop a clanger. All any opposition manager has to do is tell his team to shoot on sight and if they get four on target there’s a very good chance they’ll win the game.

Shocking defending on 10:18 - Jan 25 with 1407 viewssmegma

Shocking defending on 01:27 - Jan 25 by Hunterhoop

It was Jack Clarke’s man, Smeg. Watch it again. His full back. They were pressing us. He ran off Clarke who was asleep. Everyone else was marking their men.

I 'm not saying Clarke wasn't at fault, the whole team switched off, but Lumley digging him out did the kid no favours. And Lumley was at fault, I didn't see any players having a pop at the keeper, did you ?? Should have waited until half time and as mentioned Clarke should have come off at half time while it took until the second half for me to realise Pugh was on the pitch.

Here's a novel idea.....play Hugill and Wells together from the kick off.
Shocking defending on 10:26 - Jan 25 with 1358 viewsRangersw12

Poor defending but Lumley 100% at fault

Awful reaction from him berating Clarke aswell . Got no time for him and hope that's it for his QPR career
Shocking defending on 10:29 - Jan 25 with 1344 viewsNorthantsHoop

The shambles and lack of concentration for Wednesday's first goal sort of sums up our defensive weakness. Kane and Ball both asleep and Lumley struggles to get down low for the shot. A lot of goals he has conceded a all follow a similar pattern, beaten low and under the body.

To be honest we were lacklustre from the start and until BOS and Wells came on we looked as though we would go out with a whimper. One of the most frustrating home games to watch this season, almost followed the same pattern of the defeat to Portsmouth in the Carabou cup in August.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 10:30]
Shocking defending on 10:48 - Jan 25 with 1284 viewsDejR_vu

Shocking defending on 10:18 - Jan 25 by smegma

I 'm not saying Clarke wasn't at fault, the whole team switched off, but Lumley digging him out did the kid no favours. And Lumley was at fault, I didn't see any players having a pop at the keeper, did you ?? Should have waited until half time and as mentioned Clarke should have come off at half time while it took until the second half for me to realise Pugh was on the pitch.

Here's a novel idea.....play Hugill and Wells together from the kick off.

Classic deflection, but understandable, perhaps, given where he’s at at the moment.

Shocking defending on 10:54 - Jan 25 with 1262 viewsDejR_vu

Shocking defending on 10:29 - Jan 25 by NorthantsHoop

The shambles and lack of concentration for Wednesday's first goal sort of sums up our defensive weakness. Kane and Ball both asleep and Lumley struggles to get down low for the shot. A lot of goals he has conceded a all follow a similar pattern, beaten low and under the body.

To be honest we were lacklustre from the start and until BOS and Wells came on we looked as though we would go out with a whimper. One of the most frustrating home games to watch this season, almost followed the same pattern of the defeat to Portsmouth in the Carabou cup in August.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2020 10:30]

Ball spotted it and shouted at Clarke, pointing to the player, at least twice. Clarke’s man but it wasn’t a particularly difficult shot to deal with.

The only way to avoid conceding with Lumley in goal is to avoid any shots getting through at all; not possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024