Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Warburton Doing Well 12:26 - Jan 26 with 1905 viewsNorthantsHoop

A big shout out to how well Mark Warburton is doing as manager of our club. He was the right appointment last summer is meeting expectations and is making us an attractive side to watch. The exceptional talent we have like Eze, BOS and Chair are developing into players that premier clubs will have to offer a premium to buy. OK we are short of permanent strikers at the club and the defence needs work but he has made excellent loan signings in Wells, Hugill and Amos, Clarke might come good as well. He has also got players signed up for next to nothing and their not doing that bad. For me if we get around 60 points this season in a top 12 finish that is progress and if he is able to spend some money in the Summer possibly from big sales then the benefits will be realised with a more realistic push next season.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 12:28]
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 12:44 - Jan 26 with 1833 viewskarl

There's no doubt that with the clubs current ethos he has proven to be the best fit that we could have hoped for. Hopefully we can see how the whole plan evolves over a significant period of time and perhaps have stable growth so we can consistently punch above our weight.
I was unsure about him when appointed but glad to see how he's improved everything.
Cup runs are in the plans for future I'm sure!

As an aside, I know Brentford had their Moneyball project underway but MW was in deep at the start of what has become a pretty remarkable period for them and with the promotion of youth it does have a similar start to their upward spiral.
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 12:47 - Jan 26 with 1826 viewsHastings_Hoops

My sentiments exactly. Not sure why as a club we have more than our fair share of simpletons who consider that we have a Leeds-given right to succeed immediately.
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 13:12 - Jan 26 with 1783 viewsRangersw12

He's done a fantastic job IMO and haven't really seen anyone else saying otherwise

People are allowed to criticise the manager and still think he's doing a good job!
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 13:19 - Jan 26 with 1754 views2Thomas2Bowles

Off with their heads if anyone dares to mention the king's new clothes.

Innit.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 01:16 - Jan 27 with 1488 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hear hear. And here was me thinking that MW was the victim of bashing.
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 02:27 - Jan 27 with 1474 viewsozexile

I think he's doing a great job. i'm looking forward to the summer to see our transfer business. I may be wrong but I feel last year he got advice from the coaches already here. now he's had 12 months to see exactly where we're short.
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 08:48 - Jan 27 with 1336 viewsWestbourneR

He's done brilliantly. Three or four bright young prospects bedded and likely to be going for big money in the future. All look happy and like they're progressing really well in a clear structure.

All the while he's been forced to sell three of our best players (Luongo, Furlong & Freeman) and replace them with frees, loans and youngsters.

Spent £50k on Liam Kelly.

Amazing job and he's the best manager we've had in a long long while.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 14:28 - Jan 27 with 1181 viewsThe_Seer

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 08:48 - Jan 27 by WestbourneR

He's done brilliantly. Three or four bright young prospects bedded and likely to be going for big money in the future. All look happy and like they're progressing really well in a clear structure.

All the while he's been forced to sell three of our best players (Luongo, Furlong & Freeman) and replace them with frees, loans and youngsters.

Spent £50k on Liam Kelly.

Amazing job and he's the best manager we've had in a long long while.

He has done a good job, most other managers would be struggling. Not totally convinced on his signings so far.. Kane, Pugh, Ball... Be interesting to see what he can do with some money to spend.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 16:21 - Jan 27 with 1123 viewsTGRRRSSS

He's doing much better than I feared last summer - but there's still plenty to work on and the alarming lack of improvement defensively and the complete drop off in terms of development of Lumley (another young player through the ranks) .

I agree some stuff has been brilliant, I agree things could be much worse, but I also say that MW has to address some of the weaknesses and I am not sure whether some of them our weakness are related to his training methods on the defensive side of things.

We make the same mistakes time and again and do not appear to learn from them.

Or not yet...

I don't think we have a divine right to promotion or win every game 5-0 or whatever but I do think we should be improving more than we have defensively and I worry that we've made a mess of a potentially very good GK going forward in Lumley.

Just my opinion I think MW can be a greak man for us long terms but there are things form his past that echo a bit in my mind but we'll see hopefully over the next 2-3 years...
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 17:01 - Jan 27 with 1043 viewsWestbourneR

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 14:28 - Jan 27 by The_Seer

He has done a good job, most other managers would be struggling. Not totally convinced on his signings so far.. Kane, Pugh, Ball... Be interesting to see what he can do with some money to spend.

I agree they're not world beaters but I'd say Ball and Kane are very good value at £0.

Pugh has been hugely disappointing. Legs are gone.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 19:08 - Jan 27 with 970 viewslarsricchi

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 17:01 - Jan 27 by WestbourneR

I agree they're not world beaters but I'd say Ball and Kane are very good value at £0.

Pugh has been hugely disappointing. Legs are gone.

Agree 100% on Ball. I think he's filled a role quite well.

Kane is a mixed bag but as you say not bad for £0.

Pugh knows where to be/what to do but then there's the small matter of actually getting there/doing what needs to be done.
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 10:01 - Jan 28 with 860 viewsTGRRRSSS

Someone needs to change Todd Kane's wiki picture
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 10:01]
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 11:09 - Jan 28 with 794 viewsDorse

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 14:28 - Jan 27 by The_Seer

To be honest, I think that bringing Pugh in was simply to have some experienced cover in the attacking midfiled slots. We went into the season with Eze, BOS, Chair, Smyth and Shodipo prior to incoming / outgoing loans, so I can see the logic behind Pugh's signing. He's not a first-choice starting XI player but can do a job from the bench or in the squad.

Kane and Ball seem to have been brought in for development and the mid-long term. We'd lost Furlong but didn't just bring in Kane as a straight replacment: like Pugh, we've got Rangel as the experienced player alongside him so it makes sense.

Ball, on the other hand, seems a bit more first-team-ready in the 'wrecker' role just in front of the back line: I see him as the mid-term replacement for Cameron. I have always felt that he does the simple things well and that this allows players like Manning and Kane more confidence to come forward. His limited range of passing means he will be better at the fetch and carry stuff than, say, opening up defences with channel balls from deep but that isn't a problem if we're set up correctly.

And, as mentioned above, they cost the princely sum of sod all. When you consider the money we spent on players that couldn't be bothered (or lacked basic talent) over the past few years, these guys have been nothing short of miraculous.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mark Warburton Doing Well on 11:30 - Jan 28 with 770 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

We are very lucky to have Mark Warburton imo.
Mark Warburton Doing Well on 17:51 - Jan 28 with 663 viewsbarbicanranger

Well said Northants.

May we also add Ramsey, Les and some of the other guys behind the scene to that list? It seems that some of the work done behind the scenes is now bearing fruit and that hiring Warbs as manager is complimentary to that. Warbs is giving these players the tools to become great prospects unlike the McLarens, Ollies, etc. before them. Ultimately, the signings of Eze, BOS and Chair were very astute in the first place, the backroom has developed them and this manager is helping them to progress further. Long may it continue.

I randomly met a Chelsea youth team coach at my sister's wedding this summer and he said that we are doing great things at the youth level now and are developing a great reputation for the talent that don't make it at chelsea, spurs, etc...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024