Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scowen off to Sunderland 19:51 - Jan 27 with 7811 viewsBakes

The Rat is joining the Black Cats

Not sure how I feel about that one

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-scowen-set-for-move-to-sunderland
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 19:57]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Scowen off to Sunderland on 02:25 - Jan 28 with 2225 viewsDylanP

Gutted. He is a great player to come off the bench to seal off a game. He might not quite make the grade in the current system, but who else do we have in the squad who can fill the gap he fills?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 03:00 - Jan 28 with 2187 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Scowen off to Sunderland on 02:25 - Jan 28 by DylanP

Gutted. He is a great player to come off the bench to seal off a game. He might not quite make the grade in the current system, but who else do we have in the squad who can fill the gap he fills?

Yes not good to hear.
Scowen is a better option than Smith who appears physically not strong enough for the Championship.
Scowen off to Sunderland on 07:21 - Jan 28 with 2026 viewsjonno

Does this mean we can now sign Wells?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 7:22]
Scowen off to Sunderland on 08:27 - Jan 28 with 1942 viewsconnell10

Scowen off to Sunderland on 07:21 - Jan 28 by jonno

Does this mean we can now sign Wells?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 7:22]

And will he be avaliable for the play offs???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 08:45 - Jan 28 with 1921 viewsHayesender

I wonder if Warburton still has a hard on for Alan Judge? 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Scowen off to Sunderland on 09:15 - Jan 28 with 1886 viewsMick_S

Scowen off to Sunderland on 19:59 - Jan 27 by smegma

No one is according to you. I think we should play you in every position. You should manage the team. You should make the tea. You should be the grounds man. Sell the programmes. Be a steward. Referee the game. Run the line.

You are a football genius,.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 09:54 - Jan 28 with 1799 viewsTGRRRSSS

Bit of an odd one, could leave us light if we pick up a couple of injuries, whilst February is here we're not so very far from the trap door unlikely as it is, and Scowen in a shite fight might be more useful than some.....

Alot depends on what we got but thewse undisclosed fees make it impossible to know, therefore we can condemn the club for the lack of transparency if it goes wrong later on.

We'll see never got the hate some had for Scowen, though he could be frustrating at times, his battling qualities might have been useful later.......
Scowen off to Sunderland on 10:03 - Jan 28 with 1774 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Now basically a League One player who can't play the MW way. Looked all at sea whenever the opposition pressed. No loss imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Scowen off to Sunderland on 10:10 - Jan 28 with 1757 viewsswisscottage

I think we have plenty of options for defensive midfield. What we're lacking is a ball carrier in there.

With Barbet almost fit, Leistner and Masterson available, I'd like to see Hall step into the defensive midfield role.
Scowen off to Sunderland on 10:16 - Jan 28 with 1735 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not a bad call Swiss.... Barbet has far from convinced me thus far but he looks talented but many players do...
Scowen off to Sunderland on 10:22 - Jan 28 with 1708 viewsTacticalR

It's a shame that he's become a bit part player at Rangers. Also strange in some ways because we do need defensive midfield players, plus he scored some good goals when Smith and Washington dried up. He hasn't had much of a look-in since Warburton arrived - maybe he doesn't like purely defensive players?

Air hostess clique

Scowen off to Sunderland on 10:39 - Jan 28 with 1670 viewsDorse

From 2m30s - not a bad final memory of the Rat. Wish him all the best.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Scowen off to Sunderland on 10:48 - Jan 28 with 1634 viewsw7r

I thought he was alright, don't understand some of the unpleasantness directed at him. Not exactly a flair player, but did a job that needed to be done, break-up play and put himself about.

Oh, and scored the odd great goal.

Good luck Josh.
Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:20 - Jan 28 with 1573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Did he ever get grief? I always thought that he was appreciated for the type of player he was.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:29 - Jan 28 with 1549 viewsfrancisbowles

Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:20 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Did he ever get grief? I always thought that he was appreciated for the type of player he was.

He made a few errors on tackling in the box and passing out from the back. Not quite comfortable enough on the ball for our current style and set up.

Good luck Ratty.
Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:33 - Jan 28 with 1539 viewsA40Bosh

Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:20 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Generally Brian I think he was not ever a full Mr Scapegoat, but I think when this season started his appearances seemed (from memory) to be more more limited than in the previous season and when he did get on he didn't have his best games, so I think some negativity did creep in.

It may go some way to explain his less than enthusiastic celebration of his Swansea goal.
I wish him all the best

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 12:21 - Jan 28 with 1471 viewsingeminate

Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:33 - Jan 28 by A40Bosh

Generally Brian I think he was not ever a full Mr Scapegoat, but I think when this season started his appearances seemed (from memory) to be more more limited than in the previous season and when he did get on he didn't have his best games, so I think some negativity did creep in.

It may go some way to explain his less than enthusiastic celebration of his Swansea goal.
I wish him all the best

Never been much of a fan of Scowen - or his dad for that matter who was last seen liking a tweet slamming the board for their lack of ambition. Ironic given how sensitive he was about his boy getting grief on social media.

Scowen junior is IMO a limited player with - I think - a questionable attitude and delusions of grandeur. Still haven't completely forgiven him for Blackpool away last season. There's just something about him I've never warmed to, maybe it's the moustache.

Probably unfair, as I loved Taarabt and he had a terrible attitude.

To give him his due he got involved and on his day could be really effective mopping up loose balls and breaking up attacks. I think there will be times when we will miss that, but overall I'm happy to see him come off the wage bill.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 14:15 - Jan 28 with 1353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Scowen off to Sunderland on 11:33 - Jan 28 by A40Bosh

I wish him all the best

Thanks, Bosh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Scowen off to Sunderland on 14:33 - Jan 28 with 1304 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Scowen may not have been a full blown forum scapegoat but he was another who received horrendous abuse on twitter, including some that attacked his wife.

He closed his account a while ago, but if you take the concensus view here that he wasn't the maestro but was a more than decent piano shifter, then the Twitter abusers are one nil up.
Scowen off to Sunderland on 14:51 - Jan 28 with 1272 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Scowen off to Sunderland on 12:21 - Jan 28 by ingeminate

Never been much of a fan of Scowen - or his dad for that matter who was last seen liking a tweet slamming the board for their lack of ambition. Ironic given how sensitive he was about his boy getting grief on social media.

Scowen junior is IMO a limited player with - I think - a questionable attitude and delusions of grandeur. Still haven't completely forgiven him for Blackpool away last season. There's just something about him I've never warmed to, maybe it's the moustache.

Probably unfair, as I loved Taarabt and he had a terrible attitude.

To give him his due he got involved and on his day could be really effective mopping up loose balls and breaking up attacks. I think there will be times when we will miss that, but overall I'm happy to see him come off the wage bill.

Ale Faurlin had a dodgy mustache so it can’t be that!

On his day he could be very good but inconsistent on the whole. I thought his days might be numbered here when he was overlooked a couple of times recently. Seems to have a good attitude and still fairly young and I don’t think it’ll be the last we see of him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 15:14 - Jan 28 with 1234 viewscpgerber

Decent player, but with Amos, Cameron, Pugh, Ball, Smith and Manning, there are enough players to cover (defensive) midfield. Even Hall can be switched, as he did with great effect for Ollie. So 7 in total.

I guess it makes financial sense for all involved. If it brings us closer to getting Wells, then I am all for it.

Thanks Josh and good luck up north!
Scowen off to Sunderland on 15:18 - Jan 28 with 1222 viewsPlanetHonneywood

All depends on how much we got for him, how much it takes off the wage bill and what we’re able to do to strengthen the club as to whether this is a good deal.

With is likely to continue relying on loanees and our current prized assets being converted, we are going to have to get used to a few more pre-seasons of rebuilding to survive as opposed to building to thrive.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Scowen off to Sunderland on 17:27 - Jan 28 with 1133 viewsLeedsR

I get the impression that we are still very much in a tricky financial situation, so any offer for any of our players was always going to be seriously considered.

I thought Scowen was fantastic when he first arrived. Combative, dynamic, committed and provided an edge that our midfield didn’t have at the time. IMO he was badly handled by McLaren, I guess he just wasn’t fancied by him.

I think Blackpool was him just trying too hard and going over the line, almost to make a point, rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately he thereby gave a reason for McLaren not to pick him again until he had no other option.

I thought he always worked hard, never shied away from his duties and showed occasional flashes of quality. Things didn’t always come off for him, but that’s why he was playing for us. He got a lot of stick from those around me, and he was by no means perfect, but I always thought he was a decent player, always gave his all, and not as bad as many made out.

His opportunities under MW with all the other options, were always going to be limited, so I can see why he followed opportunities elsewhere.

Thanks for all your efforts Josh, the couple of absolute screamers, and extraordinary ratting skills. Best of luck at the Black Cats.
Scowen off to Sunderland on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 1065 viewsdenhamhoop2

I will miss him probably better player than people give him credit for always reminded me of Olly as a player. Certainly someone who didn't steal a wage think he might help the Mackems
Scowen off to Sunderland on 22:05 - Jan 28 with 948 viewsdachiltern

Will miss his yellow cards and giving away needless free kicks around the edge of our pen area. Apart from that, really disappointed he didn’t produce the form showed at Barnsley.

Overall disappointing and another that does not produce as we may have expected. Shame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024