Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caroline Flack 17:42 - Feb 15 with 9316 viewsloftboy

Found dead at home
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 13:40]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Caroline Flack on 17:43 - Feb 15 with 4402 viewsSnipper

Just heard about it. Suicide apparently. Very sad.
Caroline Flack on 17:47 - Feb 15 with 4335 viewspaulparker

I wonder if it was a cry for help that went wrong

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Caroline Flack on 17:49 - Feb 15 with 4305 viewsqprxtc

Mrs Merton? Again?
Caroline Flack on 17:59 - Feb 15 with 4173 viewsbosh67

This is so sad. Her boyfriend didn't want her prosecuted for assault and she was charged and told to keep away from him. Very distressing. Courts and judge have to take huge responsibility for this. RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Caroline Flack on 18:01 - Feb 15 with 4125 viewsGloucs_R

I met her on a beach in Australia 10 years ago and she was lovely. Always sensed she was quite a needy lady and desperately wanted to find happiness.

Very sad. RIP

Poll: Are we staying up?

Caroline Flack on 18:04 - Feb 15 with 4096 viewsMedwayR

Caroline Flack on 17:59 - Feb 15 by bosh67

This is so sad. Her boyfriend didn't want her prosecuted for assault and she was charged and told to keep away from him. Very distressing. Courts and judge have to take huge responsibility for this. RIP.

A lot of domestic violence victims don't want to press charges for various reasons which is exactly why it's not down to them. The courts have nothing to do with this, if she's committed assault she needed to be punished the same as anyone else, particularly as it sounded quite a serious and assault.

Whilst sad I can't say I'm surprised, she's always struck me as being a bit odd/unhinged.

Poll: Who’s better?

Caroline Flack on 18:08 - Feb 15 with 4036 viewsWatford_Ranger

Caroline Flack on 17:59 - Feb 15 by bosh67

Think the media are more at fault on this one.
Caroline Flack on 18:18 - Feb 15 with 3940 viewsthame_hoops

Caroline Flack on 18:04 - Feb 15 by MedwayR

A lot of domestic violence victims don't want to press charges for various reasons which is exactly why it's not down to them. The courts have nothing to do with this, if she's committed assault she needed to be punished the same as anyone else, particularly as it sounded quite a serious and assault.

Whilst sad I can't say I'm surprised, she's always struck me as being a bit odd/unhinged.

Exactly. It becomes Flack vs the CPS not her bloke.

Still, very sad if she took her own life at a young age.
Login to get fewer ads

Caroline Flack on 18:22 - Feb 15 with 3899 viewsrsonist

Caroline Flack on 18:04 - Feb 15 by MedwayR

Correct. Her fella is lucky to be alive.
Caroline Flack on 12:47 - Feb 16 with 3012 viewsCFW

I know very little of this young lady - never watched Love Island etc but it is quite clear she was very troubled. My point is the ITV have a lot to answer for - she was sacked for a serious alleged incident but dismissed her with little or no support.

Then look how they were up Ant Macfarlane arse when what he did was just as bad if not worse. Gave him loads of time off, support and could not wait to get him back on screen.

RIP Caroline.
Caroline Flack on 12:50 - Feb 16 with 2999 viewssmegma

Caroline Flack on 12:47 - Feb 16 by CFW

I know very little of this young lady - never watched Love Island etc but it is quite clear she was very troubled. My point is the ITV have a lot to answer for - she was sacked for a serious alleged incident but dismissed her with little or no support.

Then look how they were up Ant Macfarlane arse when what he did was just as bad if not worse. Gave him loads of time off, support and could not wait to get him back on screen.

RIP Caroline.

Nail. Head.
Caroline Flack on 16:18 - Feb 16 with 2824 viewsTGRRRSSS

MOst of these people are not actually Employees - most are actually free lance and technically Self Employed. - Same with BBC - EG: Gary Lineker who has or had other similar roles elsewhere.

I don't know much about this situation Per Sey v- but I think it goes far deeper than simply her job, or trolls on twitter.

If you look back at the last few year it seems she's probably been more troubled than was known directly.

In any case it's a terrible and tragic situation.

RIP
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 16:32]
Caroline Flack on 16:47 - Feb 16 with 2742 viewsdaveB

Caroline Flack on 12:47 - Feb 16 by CFW

RIP Caroline.

I do think it's a bit unhelpful to post this kind of stuff, outright lies based on nothing but opinion.

She wasn't sacked by ITV she stepped down as host whilst the court case was going on, if she was cleared in court she was likely to return as host for the summer series. It was no different to Ant stepping down from his shows whilst he went into rehab.

You have no idea if she was offered support by ITV or not to say she wasn't is pure guesswork on your part. People speculating and assuming they know whats happened is part of the problem, she received untold abuse from people on social media over an incident they had no real insight into. Perhaps if people on social media and in life in general were a bit nicer to each other and didn't jump to conclusions this kind of thing might not happen.

At the time she quit the show she made this statement so saying she was sacked is pure bullshit I'm afraid.

"There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regards to my personal life. While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.

“However, Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it’s the best show on telly. In order to not detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is to stand down for Series 6. I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town.”
Caroline Flack on 17:16 - Feb 16 with 2641 viewsShunter

Caroline Flack on 16:47 - Feb 16 by daveB

I do think it's a bit unhelpful to post this kind of stuff, outright lies based on nothing but opinion.

She wasn't sacked by ITV she stepped down as host whilst the court case was going on, if she was cleared in court she was likely to return as host for the summer series. It was no different to Ant stepping down from his shows whilst he went into rehab.

You have no idea if she was offered support by ITV or not to say she wasn't is pure guesswork on your part. People speculating and assuming they know whats happened is part of the problem, she received untold abuse from people on social media over an incident they had no real insight into. Perhaps if people on social media and in life in general were a bit nicer to each other and didn't jump to conclusions this kind of thing might not happen.

At the time she quit the show she made this statement so saying she was sacked is pure bullshit I'm afraid.

"There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regards to my personal life. While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to co-operating with the appropriate authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over.

“However, Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it’s the best show on telly. In order to not detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is to stand down for Series 6. I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town.”

Well said DaveB
Caroline Flack on 17:21 - Feb 16 with 2605 viewsthame_hoops

Flack was taking err flack from “fathers for justice” it seems too
Caroline Flack on 18:09 - Feb 16 with 2498 viewsCFW

Caroline Flack on 16:47 - Feb 16 by daveB

It was never my intention to disrespect anyone or to post something that causes offence to anyone and I do try select my words very carefully. I personally hate Facebook, Twitter or any other social media where people bring misery to others.

Clearly something happened between her and her boyfriend that needed investigation, that is a fact the same as Ant clearly did something wrong that also needed investigation. The whole Love Island thing is all about image, great looking couples who are being set up by television and therefore the media.
Caroline Flack on 18:29 - Feb 16 with 2455 viewsPunteR

ITV should be ashamed of themselves putting Love Island on the tele. Total garbage. Hasn't two other contestants killed themselves from that show.?. No idea about Flack and how she was treated. Obviously deep rooted problems that goes beyond a court case or Twitter or media attention. Very sad.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Caroline Flack on 18:41 - Feb 16 with 2423 viewsLythamR

Caroline Flack on 18:29 - Feb 16 by PunteR

ITV should be ashamed of themselves putting Love Island on the tele. Total garbage. Hasn't two other contestants killed themselves from that show.?. No idea about Flack and how she was treated. Obviously deep rooted problems that goes beyond a court case or Twitter or media attention. Very sad.

cant really blame TV companies for putting on shows that make money in a free market economy, rather its the public who should be ashamed for watching it

if people stopped watching they would soon get dropped

As a society we get what we deserve
Caroline Flack on 18:47 - Feb 16 with 2404 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think it’s lazy to blame the show. Normally it’s people who rarely if ever watch it blaming it for society’s woes.

Big Brother back in the day was no better but you didn’t have a million people tracking you on social media every day for the rest of your life then.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 18:47]
Caroline Flack on 19:03 - Feb 16 with 2341 viewsPunteR

I wasnt blaming the show for her suicide . i was blaming them(ITV) for putting rubbish tv out there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Caroline Flack on 19:06 - Feb 16 with 2339 viewsdaveB

what exactly should ITV be ashamed of? Putting on a tv show that you don't like but appeals to a lot of young people? I know for a fact all contestants on that and all shows on ITV get unbelievable support and offers of help but that doesn't stop tabloid papers sending out photographers to put a camera up their skirt to get pictures of their vaginas, it doesn't stop people on social media harassing a man for a year calling him muggy, selling stories on him to papers who lap it up and leaving him utterly depressed and suicidal after his grandad died.

A lot of the problems around the show and plenty of other reality shows are due to people unable to control themselves on social media and tabloids desire to destroy people as if it's a sport. You see it with Politicians, sportsmen and women, actors, actresses and well anyone in the public eye getting dogs abuse for how the look, how they act etc, it's a problem with society that has to change. The show could be taken off tv but does that solve the problem anymore than banning football would to stop racism.

Anyway quite what a show she no longer presents has to do with her death is a bit beyond me. really no one knows what happened to Caroline flack, whether she killed herself and if she did why she did it, all just speculation at the moment with many people just assuming they know whats happened and looking for a scapegoat.

From personal experience my nephews Dad died a few years ago, there was a lot of stuff on social media at the time that he had killed himself with fingers pointed at various people, after an inquest it was found that wasn't the case and he died from a reaction to the medication he was on. You just don't know whats happened but so many people seem desperate to assume and find a scapegoat.
Caroline Flack on 19:17 - Feb 16 with 2297 viewsjohncharles

Caroline Flack on 18:41 - Feb 16 by LythamR

cant really blame TV companies for putting on shows that make money in a free market economy, rather its the public who should be ashamed for watching it

if people stopped watching they would soon get dropped

As a society we get what we deserve

Bullfighting anyone ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Caroline Flack on 19:18 - Feb 16 with 2294 viewsJuzzie

In this day and age I cannot understand why people crave to be reality TV contestants as it just brings with it a whole heap of misery that probably never existed 20+ years ago.
Caroline Flack on 19:22 - Feb 16 with 2274 viewsWatford_Ranger

Caroline Flack on 19:18 - Feb 16 by Juzzie

In this day and age I cannot understand why people crave to be reality TV contestants as it just brings with it a whole heap of misery that probably never existed 20+ years ago.

Also a chance at serious money and fame.
Caroline Flack on 19:33 - Feb 16 with 2237 viewsJuzzie

Caroline Flack on 19:22 - Feb 16 by Watford_Ranger

Also a chance at serious money and fame.

Ah, fame.

No thanks. Couldn’t put up with all that abuse for a few extra quid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024