Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane not able... 23:25 - Feb 25 with 5825 viewsLblock

Apologies first... yes I should be basking in the glory of a win against WRDC with some fine attacking football but I have to say it.

Kane was woeful

Everything bar one tackle went wrong for him. He looked completely bereft and couldn’t get anything right.
If he’d offered me a lift home I’d of sooner walked and I have serious concerns he could go to put his key in the front door when he gets home and end up having his own eye out.

I’m sure I liked what I saw at the start of the season, bit suss defensively but got forward really well and put some great crosses in. A shadow of that now.

Hope he can regroup over the summer and has a great 46 next season. I quite like him but he’s had some right stinkers of late which has you lamenting Rangels age

And now back to..... Eze’s too good for you...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Kane not able... on 13:56 - Feb 26 with 914 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane not able... on 00:52 - Feb 26 by VancouverHoop

I don't like calling out individual players, it's a team game and needs to viewed and analysed that way. However I tend to agree with the opening post. RB has been consistently weak for weeks, pretty much every time Angel's not occupying it. I agree, Kane can pass the ball and is very decent going forward. But (and it's a serious one) he is weak defensively, and that should – even in this day and age – be the first requirement of a full back. He loses his man too often, doesn't tackle authoritatively, and frequently draws team-mates out of position to cover for him, as was the case with BOS and Hall tonight. I understand that there may be no choice – though can Kakay be that bad? – But it's position that needs serious attention in the off-season, because even though Kane has a four-year contract (according to Wiki,) I'm not sure he's likely to improve enough in that time to keep playing.

You don't mention his fine tackle when he was covering for Manning!

Now I know Manning does have a brief to get forward but plenty of times others have to cover for him.

Ryan is great going forward but defensively he has been average this season at best.

Even at the end it was his missed tackle that allowed Waghorn to get that shot away.

But as I said above you can point to mistakes by all 22 - this is football very few get through a game without error.
Kane not able... on 13:58 - Feb 26 with 914 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane not able... on 01:10 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

That was a genuine question, Smegma. I thought it was Pugh picking him up who jumped well but wasn't tall enough. I did say at the time that I'd like to study the match-ups again.

It was actually clever movement and a good header seeing it again this morning.

He runs to towards the ball and IS tracked then but stops and then gets the 'free' perfectly placed header.

I've said it before but EVERY goal is someone's fault - both ours were from errors.
Kane not able... on 13:59 - Feb 26 with 912 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane not able... on 01:37 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Derby's goal was one of those occasions where you ask yourself, why do we not have men on the posts anymore?

Interesting point - Mark Noble was bemoaning that about West Ham - saying it used to be his job!

He said GKs don't like it anymore apparently.
Kane not able... on 14:01 - Feb 26 with 908 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane not able... on 07:48 - Feb 26 by mcqpr10

I thought Kane was ok today, defo lacking a bit of confidence but no surprises there considering how quickly we can turn on our own as a fan base. Remember people criticizing eze last year. Fact is we have a small budget these days so we have to work with who we have and try and support them.

Watched in the the school end lower yesterday. Fascinating to see how much the players were berating each other right at the end. Manning was getting coated a lot, think the other players are more than aware his positioning and defending can be a bit off. Hall screamed at Kelly for not coming for a corner and Cameron seems the leader in there with Ball. They definitely care though and are a passionate bunch.

Indeed - Clarke got a mouthful as well for that skied attempted clearance.
Kane not able... on 14:02 - Feb 26 with 897 viewsR_from_afar

Kane not able... on 12:27 - Feb 26 by bosh67

I think we may see a better Kane next season. He needs games and he needs confidence. He's not a bad player. His pass to Pugh was arguably pass of the night. The problem is that he's sort of a right right sided Bidwell. Honest enough, a bit limited and open to being a regular scapegoat.

We should have a special shirt number for the season's scapegoat, so everyone knows who to boo. It's a practical solution and will help unite the fans

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Kane not able... on 14:30 - Feb 26 with 838 viewspeterlund_dk

I'm just here because I appreciate the thread title. But I think the lack of puns in the replies is a Testament to how important the game Tuesday Eve was to us fans.
Kane not able... on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 797 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kane not able... on 14:30 - Feb 26 by peterlund_dk

I'm just here because I appreciate the thread title. But I think the lack of puns in the replies is a Testament to how important the game Tuesday Eve was to us fans.

Well I think Kane would have got a lot more stick if we hadn’t given them that second-half spanking!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Kane not able... on 14:57 - Feb 26 with 768 viewspeterlund_dk

Kane not able... on 14:44 - Feb 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well I think Kane would have got a lot more stick if we hadn’t given them that second-half spanking!

While the pass to Pugh was mint, it sometimes feels like getting past him is like relieving a kid of his candy... Kane, that is.
Login to get fewer ads

Kane not able... on 15:07 - Feb 26 with 744 viewskensalriser

He’s a bit of a Bradley Orr for me - decent pro at this level but not one of our better players. Needs must.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kane not able... on 16:47 - Feb 26 with 660 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kane not able... on 08:26 - Feb 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

The first time you agree with me was because I was wrong!

To be fair, you said he played like a 26 year old free transfer from Hull, you didn't say he was a 26 year old free transfer from Hull!
Kane not able... on 16:49 - Feb 26 with 657 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kane not able... on 15:07 - Feb 26 by kensalriser

He’s a bit of a Bradley Orr for me - decent pro at this level but not one of our better players. Needs must.

Mmmm, Bradley Orr was a better defender IMHO. Unspectacular but dependable.
Kane not able... on 16:52 - Feb 26 with 651 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kane not able... on 13:59 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Interesting point - Mark Noble was bemoaning that about West Ham - saying it used to be his job!

He said GKs don't like it anymore apparently.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of zonal marking as it requires a great deal of collective intelligence and cohesion for it to work. Much like playing out from the back, it appears to be the done thing nowadays irrespective of whether a club possesses the talent to execute it.
Kane not able... on 17:20 - Feb 26 with 626 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kane not able... on 16:52 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Yeah, I'm not a fan of zonal marking as it requires a great deal of collective intelligence and cohesion for it to work. Much like playing out from the back, it appears to be the done thing nowadays irrespective of whether a club possesses the talent to execute it.

Yes that’s a good point. I guess the reason for this is that we can’t afford to buy the finished article so have to find players that hopefully have the potential to learn. Then play them for good or bad.

Zonal marking or not, pass it out or hoof it, we’re currently top half which is better than most hoped for.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 17:22]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024