Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another poor ref 18:44 - Feb 29 with 4984 viewskingo

He seemed to have made up his mind before the game that he wasn’t using his cards and just let Brum kick Eze and BOS for fun.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Another poor ref on 18:48 - Feb 29 with 3899 viewsBlackCrowe

he was hopeless

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Another poor ref on 18:52 - Feb 29 with 3879 viewsStanisgod

Made Stroud look competent. Ellerslie lino no better.
Par for the course these days.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Another poor ref on 19:15 - Feb 29 with 3756 views100percent

The most frustrating decision - or lack of it - was the throw in preceding the corner they scored their second from - it was a blatant foul throw and the linesman and referee were communicating about it afterwards and gesturing to the corner where it was taken, The ref was fully aware that it was a foul throw, but refused to bring the game back.
absolutely awful display of ineptitude today.
Another poor ref on 19:15 - Feb 29 with 3756 viewsWatford_Ranger

No idea if Hugill was onside or not. Dumb of him to be ahead of the defender if he was off. Same for their first goal.

No one foul was particularly violent though it was still incredible leniency. The foul on BOS before our first goal was quite laughable not to get a yellow.
Another poor ref on 19:40 - Feb 29 with 3644 viewsextratimeR

Jesus, that was a very poor display by the ref and the Lino today, ( would mention first half Hugill goal was offside), just poor from start to finish, neither communicating with each other, in the second half contradicting each other, foul after foul on Bright and Eze, the foul throw now legal, take it from where you would like, the foul, take down, holding back on Bright in the School end unpunished, ( no yellow), the ref just wandered around the Centre Circle looking for his dog?

Did he find it?
Another poor ref on 19:50 - Feb 29 with 3577 viewsStanisgod

The classic bit was where he made us move the ball back from in front of our dug out where the foul took place, and made us take it in front of the Brum dug out,
Priceless!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Another poor ref on 19:57 - Feb 29 with 3545 viewsflynnbo

Another poor ref on 19:50 - Feb 29 by Stanisgod

The classic bit was where he made us move the ball back from in front of our dug out where the foul took place, and made us take it in front of the Brum dug out,
Priceless!

An embarrassment to the profession.
Another poor ref on 20:04 - Feb 29 with 3503 viewsspencer

Another poor ref on 18:52 - Feb 29 by Stanisgod

Made Stroud look competent. Ellerslie lino no better.
Par for the course these days.

Ellerslie grey hair twxt of a Lino....could not keep up with play.
In r block, we were in line with Hugill and before I make a tit of myself, would like to see that decision again...but the Lino was not in line. Looked 50/50 ...but then again...as a fan I would see it like that. But Lino Was a ti.

One decision for a throw in had three R players in uproar.

He was a tit
Login to get fewer ads

Another poor ref on 20:06 - Feb 29 with 3489 viewssmegma

I counted 9 fouls in first half and 6 in second half. Not once did he even speak to a Blues player despite them taking it as in turns to foul BOS / Eze.
Another poor ref on 20:18 - Feb 29 with 3435 viewsstowmarketrange

Another poor ref on 19:40 - Feb 29 by extratimeR

Jesus, that was a very poor display by the ref and the Lino today, ( would mention first half Hugill goal was offside), just poor from start to finish, neither communicating with each other, in the second half contradicting each other, foul after foul on Bright and Eze, the foul throw now legal, take it from where you would like, the foul, take down, holding back on Bright in the School end unpunished, ( no yellow), the ref just wandered around the Centre Circle looking for his dog?

Did he find it?

The Lino only guessed the offside for hughill.I thought the ball was played backwards for hughill to score?But I was only in the damp seats in the front of the loft.
The foul throws really were a joke and they would’ve been given in Sunday morning football in the park.
No cards given for Birmingham’s 15 fouls.I know that not every foul is a yellow but he was taking the p@ss.
Another poor ref on 20:35 - Feb 29 with 3362 viewsplasmahoop

Another poor ref on 20:06 - Feb 29 by smegma

I counted 9 fouls in first half and 6 in second half. Not once did he even speak to a Blues player despite them taking it as in turns to foul BOS / Eze.

According to the stats you were spot on! Ridiculous that they could do that much tactical fouling and receive no bookings. I would like to see the disallowed goal again. Was sitting in line and it looked OK, but I am biased. Linesman was nowhere near anyway and he just guessed
Another poor ref on 21:37 - Feb 29 with 3175 viewssmegma

Another poor ref on 20:35 - Feb 29 by plasmahoop

According to the stats you were spot on! Ridiculous that they could do that much tactical fouling and receive no bookings. I would like to see the disallowed goal again. Was sitting in line and it looked OK, but I am biased. Linesman was nowhere near anyway and he just guessed

I thought the ball was passed forward, I sit in SAR level with the incident.
Another poor ref on 21:40 - Feb 29 with 3154 viewsenfieldargh

Another poor ref on 21:37 - Feb 29 by smegma

I thought the ball was passed forward, I sit in SAR level with the incident.

sadly he was offside

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Another poor ref on 22:31 - Feb 29 with 2993 viewsplasmahoop

Another poor ref on 21:40 - Feb 29 by enfieldargh

sadly he was offside

Oh OK. Was a bit of a silly one to get caught offside on then
Another poor ref on 22:54 - Feb 29 with 2924 viewsozranger

Another poor ref on 20:06 - Feb 29 by smegma

At HT I checked the BBC web site to see the stats. It was 11 fouls to 1.

The incident that made me laugh was when rather late in the game we tried to take a quick free kick near the dugout and instead of penalising the player who stopped it, he penalised us making us take it from a few metres back. In other words, he found a way to get himself out of a predicament where he should have cautioned the offender by choosing that the ball was not in the right place at all, and yet in so many other cases he didn't care where play recommenced- for example when Hugill was offiside near the touchline in the first half and yet the fk was taken at least 10m in from the line or the palce of the offside.

There is no way one can defend the poor refereeing performance here. The league is obviously short of assistants as the youngsters probably get too much abuse to want to work at this level. That said, why is there a 40+yo assistant who, according to others cannot keep up with the play, doing these sort of games? It appears to be the geriatric regime that are only officiating the games in this division.

Unfortunately, it appears that we cannot do anything about the officiating in these games. It is a blight on football at this level but..
Another poor ref on 23:39 - Feb 29 with 2822 viewstimcocking

Indeed.

Haven't seen the replay, but Rangel played a first-time cross to Hugill which was subsequently disallowed for offside.

Surely impossible for a striker to be offside for a first time pass? I'd bet it was onside. Fcuking robbed again. Seems we could/should easily be 15 points further up the bloody table.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 1:09]
Another poor ref on 00:12 - Mar 1 with 2780 viewsbob566

Another poor ref on 23:39 - Feb 29 by timcocking

Indeed.

Haven't seen the replay, but Rangel played a first-time cross to Hugill which was subsequently disallowed for offside.

Surely impossible for a striker to be offside for a first time pass? I'd bet it was onside. Fcuking robbed again. Seems we could/should easily be 15 points further up the bloody table.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 1:09]

Official website says it was offside
Another poor ref on 01:10 - Mar 1 with 2709 viewstimcocking

Another poor ref on 00:12 - Mar 1 by bob566

Official website says it was offside

Fair enough, i'll feel less aggrieved if true.
Another poor ref on 01:48 - Mar 1 with 2692 viewsDavieQPR

Trouble is this standard of refereeing is the norm rather than the exception. That's why EFL televised games, wherever possible, have a Premiership ref. Avoiding the embarrassment.
Another poor ref on 09:18 - Mar 1 with 2426 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Another poor ref on 19:15 - Feb 29 by 100percent

The most frustrating decision - or lack of it - was the throw in preceding the corner they scored their second from - it was a blatant foul throw and the linesman and referee were communicating about it afterwards and gesturing to the corner where it was taken, The ref was fully aware that it was a foul throw, but refused to bring the game back.
absolutely awful display of ineptitude today.

Spot on mate. The throwers heel of his back leg was that far off the ground, it was almost touching his arse. Very poor, such an easy call to make.
Another poor ref on 09:48 - Mar 1 with 2374 viewsfrancisbowles

He wanted to let the game flow from the start which is good but I said to Mrs FB 'that's fine as long as he makes a decision when he needs to'. What followed was a complete betrayal of his responsibility as he failed to enforce fair play. (as demonstrated by all the posts above)
Another poor ref on 10:38 - Mar 1 with 2294 viewsozranger

Another poor ref on 09:18 - Mar 1 by dodge_stoke_r

Spot on mate. The throwers heel of his back leg was that far off the ground, it was almost touching his arse. Very poor, such an easy call to make.

Finally saw this on the official highlights. Wow! That was quite some foul throw and they are telling us that not one of the three officials saw it. Seriously. I also took a screen shot of the Hugill offside. He was still level a millisecond after the pass. Geriatric officials. Definitely.
Another poor ref on 11:46 - Mar 1 with 2229 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Another poor ref on 10:38 - Mar 1 by ozranger

Finally saw this on the official highlights. Wow! That was quite some foul throw and they are telling us that not one of the three officials saw it. Seriously. I also took a screen shot of the Hugill offside. He was still level a millisecond after the pass. Geriatric officials. Definitely.

Exactly. Just imagine if we had had been on some terrible losing streak and Warburton needed that result to save his job. In the great scheme of things it's a nothing foul to give but there in lies the problem with today's standard of refereeing. They get so much of the small stuff wrong. And that's what frustrates and angers fans
Another poor ref on 13:52 - Mar 1 with 2096 viewsgazza1

I am not a ref 'slatter' generally because of all the stuff that goes on with players nowadays, they make it near on impossible for referees with their antics/cheating.......however yesterday I am afraid to say that the ref let himself down badly. There were clear yellow cards, probably 3/4 of them but he did nothing, plus some strange free kicks awarded.

I would also add that the throw in prior to the corner that Birmingham equalised with was a blatant foul throw, he lifted his back foot off the ground, clear as a sunny day - foul throw when I played football.
Another poor ref on 15:59 - Mar 1 with 1980 viewsdaveB

I thought he should have booked a few of their players but overall I didn't think he cost us the game or anything. The offside goal looked close could have gone either way.

The 2nd goal looked a foul throw although he let Manning get away with the same in the first half, still we should defend it a lot better. Ball lost his man and was appealing for offside rather than just defending properly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024