Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
non handshakes 11:43 - Mar 6 with 3567 viewsenfieldargh

so no pre kick off handshakes.

how about spitting
grabbing hold of sweaty shirts
hugging after scoring
being down wind of scumford bridge?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

non handshakes on 11:46 - Mar 6 with 2284 viewsRangersDave

sounds like a job for Mr Madiba, he'll sort it!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

non handshakes on 11:57 - Mar 6 with 2268 viewsMick_S

No hug from Ben at the end of The Tipping Point.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

non handshakes on 13:32 - Mar 6 with 2196 viewsHayesender

I'll be fine, I've got a case of corona for the train

Poll: Shamima Beghum

non handshakes on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 2188 viewsMick_S

Thank goodness for the last 3 words.

non handshakes on 13:38 - Mar 6 with 2178 viewsTheChef

Fortunately Premier League football is already non contact.

The media BS on this strain of flu with a tiny mortality rate is really going off the scale, never seen anything like it. Definitely economic/geo-political factors at play here. And what else is going on that they're distracting us from?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

non handshakes on 13:44 - Mar 6 with 2159 viewsloftboy

non handshakes on 13:38 - Mar 6 by TheChef

The media BS on this strain of flu with a tiny mortality rate is really going off the scale, never seen anything like it. Definitely economic/geo-political factors at play here. And what else is going on that they're distracting us from?

Yep less than 200 cases in a population of 65 million!! Yes it will get higher but the degree of panic is unbelievable.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

non handshakes on 13:45 - Mar 6 with 2154 viewsMick_S

non handshakes on 13:44 - Mar 6 by loftboy

Yep less than 200 cases in a population of 65 million!! Yes it will get higher but the degree of panic is unbelievable.

non handshakes on 13:55 - Mar 6 with 2123 viewsTheChef

non handshakes on 13:45 - Mar 6 by Mick_S

Looks like my average Costco shop to me...where else you going to bulk buy bog roll?

Although for me Wilko's top of the range stuff is best for price and quality.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

non handshakes on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 2029 viewsqprxtc

Whole flat overflowing with Guinness and toilet roll.

Bring on those two weeks of sweet self isolation.

See ya suckers.
non handshakes on 16:24 - Mar 6 with 1952 viewsPinnerPaul

non handshakes on 13:38 - Mar 6 by TheChef

Agree 100%

Sub Standard on Monday after quoting that worse case scenario was 60 - 80% in this country said 'Sadly some countries are already there'

What??!!!!!!! Even China is something like 0.0005% - no where on earth is even approaching 100th of 1% and yet here is the sub standard spouting that drivel!
non handshakes on 16:28 - Mar 6 with 1938 viewsPinnerPaul

non handshakes on 13:44 - Mar 6 by loftboy

Here's another stat you'll like from the US

'Ordinary' flu cases worldwide Oct 19 - Jan 20 = 450 MILLION with 25 - 45,000 deaths.

I'm on a roll now, in another (non virus related) story had some death stats for worldwide cause of death in 2015 and things like pollution or violence - basically most of the categories were up at half a million.

And back to the UK our death rate from 'normal' flu, despite inoculation being available is about 50 per WEEK in the winter.
non handshakes on 16:33 - Mar 6 with 1934 viewsTacticalR

non handshakes on 15:27 - Mar 6 by qprxtc

Whole flat overflowing with Guinness and toilet roll.

Bring on those two weeks of sweet self isolation.

See ya suckers.

If, as Sartre said, 'L'enfer, c'est les autres' ('Hell is other people') then coronavirus is going to be heaven for existentialists.

Air hostess clique

non handshakes on 17:08 - Mar 6 with 1883 viewssmegma

10,000 people have died of influenza in the USA this winter.

Not a word anywhere.
non handshakes on 17:10 - Mar 6 with 1878 viewssmegma

non handshakes on 11:57 - Mar 6 by Mick_S

No hug from Ben at the end of The Tipping Point.

?????
non handshakes on 20:29 - Mar 6 with 1752 viewsClive_Anderson

Well I must be the only person worried about this then. The death rate is about 36 times higher than most flus, seems far more contagious and has a hospitalisation rate of about 15%.

They don't know if there is permanent damage or even if you actually get rid of it completely at all. And it's growing exponentially with cases doubling every 2 days or so.

Apart from that it's nothing to worry about.
non handshakes on 20:32 - Mar 6 with 1746 viewsloftboy

non handshakes on 20:29 - Mar 6 by Clive_Anderson

Well I must be the only person worried about this then. The death rate is about 36 times higher than most flus, seems far more contagious and has a hospitalisation rate of about 15%.

They don't know if there is permanent damage or even if you actually get rid of it completely at all. And it's growing exponentially with cases doubling every 2 days or so.

Just seems odd that out of about 65000000 people 163 have it,even doubling that every day for a month and the percentage would be really low.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

non handshakes on 20:39 - Mar 6 with 1740 viewscolinallcars

The fact that cases are relatively low at present doesn't mean we should sneer at it. Yes, the red top newspapers have gone overboard but the government is right to urge people to be more aware of the danger. Most people need to be a damned sight more hygienic anyway.
non handshakes on 20:49 - Mar 6 with 1726 viewsDorse

non handshakes on 17:08 - Mar 6 by smegma

10,000 people have died of influenza in the USA this winter.

Not a word anywhere.

Apart from here, just now

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

non handshakes on 20:51 - Mar 6 with 1721 viewsClive_Anderson

non handshakes on 20:32 - Mar 6 by loftboy

Just seems odd that out of about 65000000 people 163 have it,even doubling that every day for a month and the percentage would be really low.

Well fortunately that wouldn't be possible as by day 19 it would have infected everyone in the country.

In Italy a few days ago they have less than 163 infected officially. Now it is over 3000 with no sign of slowing down.
no handjobs? on 21:29 - Mar 6 with 1680 viewsmarkrtid

No milkshakes? And no free NHS glasses?

Good is what I say. I'm not lactose ignorant but I was around when we had that Spanish flu. So our mum and dad splasshed out on the Canary island. The road signs said 'Welome to Canvey Island' but we knew that was their language.
So F'cue Covid-19. My daughter Corona is getting so much abuse at the moment, I'm too ashamed to go and collect her from her nursary.
non handshakes on 08:52 - Mar 7 with 1570 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm pretty sure there is somewhere between "nothing happening here" and WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

Some of the comments upthread don't seem to understand how exponential increase works.

It seems to be more lethal than flu, for which we already have have a big winter vaccination campaign since it kills so many of the elderly. And it seems to be here to stay. So even when we get a vaccine by next year we are looking at another regular stress on the NHS every winter and increased death rate in the elderly.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it tips the UK into technical recession.
non handshakes on 14:50 - Mar 7 with 1487 viewsPinnerPaul

See above - 450 MILLION cases of normal flu this winter and we have a vaccine for some of those strains as well - so how on earth is this 'more contagious' - it isn't!
non handshakes on 14:54 - Mar 7 with 1475 viewsPinnerPaul

non handshakes on 08:52 - Mar 7 by CiderwithRsie

I'm pretty sure there is somewhere between "nothing happening here" and WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

Some of the comments upthread don't seem to understand how exponential increase works.

It seems to be more lethal than flu, for which we already have have a big winter vaccination campaign since it kills so many of the elderly. And it seems to be here to stay. So even when we get a vaccine by next year we are looking at another regular stress on the NHS every winter and increased death rate in the elderly.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it tips the UK into technical recession.

Infection rates already decreasing in China - so another falsehood - 'Its here to stay' - where's the evidence for that then?

I'll repeat over 50 deaths PER WEEK here for normal flu and 10s of thousands hospitalised in the UK every winter.
non handshakes on 15:38 - Mar 7 with 1430 viewsfrancisbowles

non handshakes on 14:54 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

Infection rates already decreasing in China - so another falsehood - 'Its here to stay' - where's the evidence for that then?

I'll repeat over 50 deaths PER WEEK here for normal flu and 10s of thousands hospitalised in the UK every winter.

I don't think we can afford to be blase about it Pinner. Not sure we can trust those figures coming out of China, after all they tried to play it down initially. Their reported downward trend isn't being seen anywhere else, yet.

Not sure even the scientists have a complete understanding of this virus yet.
non handshakes on 16:45 - Mar 7 with 1393 viewsPinnerPaul

non handshakes on 15:38 - Mar 7 by francisbowles

I don't think we can afford to be blase about it Pinner. Not sure we can trust those figures coming out of China, after all they tried to play it down initially. Their reported downward trend isn't being seen anywhere else, yet.

Not sure even the scientists have a complete understanding of this virus yet.

Its not being seen anywhere else because it started in China!

So much '8 legged horse' - Black Adder - media coverage IMHO

Just think, as I have said elsewhere that people are ignoring the fact that people,lots of people, die every day from illness and, again repeating myself, 'nomal' flu affects hundreds of millions of people every year - or do we not 'trust' those figures either?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024