Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DNA testing 23:42 - Mar 18 with 1240 viewstimcocking

Anybody done it? My brother said let's have a look out of curiousity.

I'm 58% Celt, 25% Viking, 16% Eastern European Jew apparently. It's the other 1 which has me worried. Mildly interesting i thought. And proof for those Cornish folk who still don't grasp that it's a Celtic country down there and they should be playing for Wales. Viking blood is also pretty common down there, bloody rapists.

DNA testing on 23:47 - Mar 18 with 1218 viewsRangersw12

Ordered a kit last week from Ancestry as they had an offer on hasn't arrived yet but looking forward to the results
DNA testing on 23:47 - Mar 18 with 1217 viewsstowmarketrange

I did the test last year and I was very disappointed that I only got an email telling me the results.I expected a full written report for the money they charged.
I’ll post the results on here when I find them again,but I wasn’t impressed with the service.
68.7% British & Irish,but no significant Irish ancestry,even though my mum’s NaN came over from Ireland.
18.8% French/German
0.5% Scandinavian

To me that only adds up to 88%.What about the rest?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:59]
DNA testing on 23:55 - Mar 18 with 1203 viewstimcocking

DNA testing on 23:47 - Mar 18 by stowmarketrange

I did the test last year and I was very disappointed that I only got an email telling me the results.I expected a full written report for the money they charged.
I’ll post the results on here when I find them again,but I wasn’t impressed with the service.
68.7% British & Irish,but no significant Irish ancestry,even though my mum’s NaN came over from Ireland.
18.8% French/German
0.5% Scandinavian

Agreed, it was pretty vague and i wasn't especially impressed. 16 percent 'from eastern europe' not exactly pinpoint.

68% British and Irish? What does that even mean lol? That is poor. At least i'm only 1% unaccounted for. Is it possible you're part alien? I enjoyed the fact they appear to be calling French and German the same thing. Not sure which side would be most pissed off with that deal.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 0:59]
DNA testing on 00:30 - Mar 19 with 1171 viewsBoston

DNA testing on 23:55 - Mar 18 by timcocking

Agreed, it was pretty vague and i wasn't especially impressed. 16 percent 'from eastern europe' not exactly pinpoint.

68% British and Irish? What does that even mean lol? That is poor. At least i'm only 1% unaccounted for. Is it possible you're part alien? I enjoyed the fact they appear to be calling French and German the same thing. Not sure which side would be most pissed off with that deal.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 0:59]

I’m told....the more expensive tests are far more detailed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

DNA testing on 00:34 - Mar 19 with 1165 viewsTacticalR

18.8% French/German
0.5% Scandinavian

You might have a bit missing.

Air hostess clique

DNA testing on 06:57 - Mar 19 with 1074 viewsdistortR

DNA testing on 00:34 - Mar 19 by TacticalR

You might have a bit missing.

Hence the old song

"5'2"
Eyes of blue (Must be the 0.5% scandinavian)
Stowmarketranger is after you
la la la" etc
DNA testing on 07:13 - Mar 19 with 1058 viewsstowmarketrange

It actually said on the app that I was 99.7% northwestern European which included 11.2% broadly Northwestern European,whatever that means.0.5% Scandinavian And 0.3% unassigned.
Certainly not the results I was expecting,but there you go.

Anyone know where I can get a viking longship from just in case this virus gets me?And will my relatives be allowed to set it alight on the river Orwell?
DNA testing on 07:16 - Mar 19 with 1055 viewsGloucs_R

My mum had just been contacted by a 70 year old with a dna match, looks like my grandad was a naught boy when he was in the navy down in Portsmouth 😲.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

DNA testing on 07:25 - Mar 19 with 1043 viewsdistortR

DNA testing on 07:13 - Mar 19 by stowmarketrange

It actually said on the app that I was 99.7% northwestern European which included 11.2% broadly Northwestern European,whatever that means.0.5% Scandinavian And 0.3% unassigned.
Certainly not the results I was expecting,but there you go.

Anyone know where I can get a viking longship from just in case this virus gets me?And will my relatives be allowed to set it alight on the river Orwell?

When i depart this mortal coil, i have demanded that my wife and kids chuck my body on the most expensive boat in Peel marina and give me a proper funeral
DNA testing on 07:42 - Mar 19 with 1026 viewsPunteR

18.8% French/German
0.5% Scandinavian

12% Stowmarketrange

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

DNA testing on 07:50 - Mar 19 with 1016 viewsHarrowRoadR

DNA testing on 07:25 - Mar 19 by distortR

When i depart this mortal coil, i have demanded that my wife and kids chuck my body on the most expensive boat in Peel marina and give me a proper funeral

I also had one done last year. One reason was my son is always insisting he's a Viking descendent,only cos he's tall and blonde!! We are 50% England, Wales and North Western Europe (probably France as my maiden name is thought to be French) 45% Irish & Scottish AND 5% Swedish!

It has been quite useful as they give you matches to people that may be related to you and I have found relatives on both sides of my family all originally from North Ken or thereabouts.

It is expensive but worth it if you are trying to piece together your family tree and have little knowledge about them.
DNA testing on 08:26 - Mar 19 with 980 viewsstowmarketrange

DNA testing on 07:50 - Mar 19 by HarrowRoadR

I also had one done last year. One reason was my son is always insisting he's a Viking descendent,only cos he's tall and blonde!! We are 50% England, Wales and North Western Europe (probably France as my maiden name is thought to be French) 45% Irish & Scottish AND 5% Swedish!

It has been quite useful as they give you matches to people that may be related to you and I have found relatives on both sides of my family all originally from North Ken or thereabouts.

It is expensive but worth it if you are trying to piece together your family tree and have little knowledge about them.

I did mine with 23 and me,and they give a list of possible relatives.
DNA testing on 11:26 - Mar 19 with 878 viewsDorse

Mine came back saying 'mostly human'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

DNA testing on 11:47 - Mar 19 with 843 viewsMrSheen

I heard a podcast (This American Life?) about how families cope with embarrassing revelations from genetic tests, eg you're 50% Italian, but neither your Mum nor Dad have any trace.
DNA testing on 12:14 - Mar 19 with 820 viewsTacticalR

Those Vikings 🙄

Air hostess clique

DNA testing on 13:15 - Mar 19 with 774 viewsDavieQPR

At least before Brexit they could say 80% EU 20% Non EU.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024