Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland Til I Die 14:05 - Mar 24 with 12286 viewscollegeranger

Is back for a second series on Netflix from 1st April..... April Fools Day. Hoping for more car crash telly from the North East !
Sunderland Til I Die on 11:04 - Apr 7 with 2255 viewsloftboy

Sunderland Til I Die on 11:00 - Apr 7 by TeddRanger

I understand that his agent was a snake, but his contract was until the end of the season. If Sunderland had proposed in the Autumn that he stay for the remainder (or sale/leaseback) would have made it much harder for him/his agent.

It would have been cheaper for them to have refused his move and let him go for free in the summer than going over budget on a player signed because he had a good song.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sunderland Til I Die on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 2251 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland Til I Die on 09:49 - Apr 7 by TeddRanger

Just watched it.

Re Josh Maja. They were very likely going to get promoted with Maja banging in the goals. They only got £1 million for him from Bordeaux. Promotion would've been worth a lot more than a million to Sunderland.

Also, if they had to do a deal with Bordeaux, why wasn't a sale and lease back until the end of the season explored? I guess it might have been but never mentioned in the series.

Like I say, I think they already owed Bordeaux a tonne of money, but that's never mentioned.
Sunderland Til I Die on 11:05 - Apr 7 with 2251 viewsTeddRanger

Sunderland Til I Die on 11:04 - Apr 7 by loftboy

It would have been cheaper for them to have refused his move and let him go for free in the summer than going over budget on a player signed because he had a good song.

Exactly!
Sunderland Til I Die on 11:09 - Apr 7 with 2242 viewsTeddRanger

Sunderland Til I Die on 11:05 - Apr 7 by Northernr

Like I say, I think they already owed Bordeaux a tonne of money, but that's never mentioned.

That does complicate it.And ,as always, there is selective editing meaning you never get the full picture,.

Overall , felt sorry for Sunderland. Now Leeds on the other hand (Take us home on Amazon) I cracked up watching them implode "best manager in the world" TM
Sunderland Til I Die on 11:57 - Apr 7 with 2217 viewsMileEndR

Just watched series 2. Can't help thinking that sympathy for Sunderland's fans is gonna start drying up fairly quickly after this. They seem to have this weird sense of entitlement about what level they should be playing at, then seem to take losing incredibly badly. Agreed about all the melodrama about the community and religion etc - it was great to watch in the first series but becoming hard to watch now.
Sunderland Til I Die on 12:23 - Apr 7 with 2184 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland Til I Die on 11:09 - Apr 7 by TeddRanger

That does complicate it.And ,as always, there is selective editing meaning you never get the full picture,.

Overall , felt sorry for Sunderland. Now Leeds on the other hand (Take us home on Amazon) I cracked up watching them implode "best manager in the world" TM

I couldn't get to the end of that, even though I knew the end would make me happy. Russell Crowe huskily describing Patrick Bamford as a world class striker on a loop, each routine Championship victory blown up into some glorious triumph with a tiny mention that it had actually followed five defeats slipped in there, that absolute fcking "who cares the most about Leeds" walloper who reckoned he loved the club more than his kids. I couldn't stick it.

Might return to it if I get desperate during this lockdown.
Sunderland Til I Die on 13:47 - Apr 7 with 2123 viewsHayesender

Watched it the other day. Not a patch on the first one, which imo was car crash telly at its best

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:47 - Apr 7 with 2122 viewsloftboy

Sunderland Furlough playing staff! So the government is now paying footballers wages?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:48 - Apr 7 with 2117 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:47 - Apr 7 by loftboy

Sunderland Furlough playing staff! So the government is now paying footballers wages?

I was under the impression that scheme only paid up to £2,500 a month?
Sunderland Til I Die on 13:56 - Apr 7 with 2102 viewsloftboy

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:48 - Apr 7 by Northernr

True, going to be some unhappy bunnies there then!

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 2096 viewsstevec

Don’t understand why all EFL clubs aren’t doing that. Might do the players some good to get by on £600 a week, like probably most of their supporters.
Sunderland Til I Die on 14:08 - Apr 7 with 2078 viewsMetallica_Hoop

9th largest stadium in England and in League 1.

It seems like they are averaging 30,000 a game, fair play.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sunderland Til I Die on 14:16 - Apr 7 with 2063 viewsPhildo

.....and the furlough has to be agreed by the employee. In this case i would imagine they are topping up the rest of the wages but the club get the 80% up to the £2500 level
Sunderland Til I Die on 14:18 - Apr 7 with 2063 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:58 - Apr 7 by stevec

Don’t understand why all EFL clubs aren’t doing that. Might do the players some good to get by on £600 a week, like probably most of their supporters.

Because it would breach their fixed term contracts and players, say Ebere Eze, could walk away for free to another club. Imagine the pats on the back Lee Hoos would get for that.
Sunderland Til I Die on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 2058 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sunderland Til I Die on 14:16 - Apr 7 by Phildo

.....and the furlough has to be agreed by the employee. In this case i would imagine they are topping up the rest of the wages but the club get the 80% up to the £2500 level

And the PFA are stopping the players from agreeing to it with their clubs and insisting that they deal with the leagues.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sunderland Til I Die on 23:34 - Apr 7 with 1976 viewsMancR

Just binged 2nd series today. Agreed not as good as 1st but good to back in footy mode for a couple of hours. 2 Wembley defeats in one season, that was harsh.
Sunderland Til I Die on 02:49 - Apr 8 with 1929 viewstimcocking

Jack Rodwell - you're a fcuking cn ut.
Sunderland Til I Die on 07:42 - Apr 8 with 1882 viewstraininvain

I thought the posh owner came across as a bit of a pr1ck. Threatening redundancies if the marketing team couldn’t deliver on his target of breaking the League One record attendance.
Sunderland Til I Die on 09:07 - Apr 8 with 1834 viewsjoe90

Sunderland Til I Die on 07:42 - Apr 8 by traininvain

I thought the posh owner came across as a bit of a pr1ck. Threatening redundancies if the marketing team couldn’t deliver on his target of breaking the League One record attendance.

Sunderland Til I Die was good imo. It was compelling to watch the club in free fall. The player insights were fascinating, it looked like a really depressing place to work.

The Leeds doco was 100% pure trash and an absolute embarrassment. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.
Sunderland Til I Die on 11:57 - Apr 8 with 1792 viewsdannyblue

Watched the first series with high hopes after the praise, but found it pretty dull to be honest. Not a patch on the excitement of our very own 4 Year Plan which deserves a wider audience.
Sunderland Til I Die on 13:32 - Apr 8 with 1753 viewscharmr

Seemed decent folks supporting and running the club, somewhat self entitled yet having visited the place in the 2-2 draw, it’s up there with one of the best stadiums I’ve Ever been too. Impressive.

Simple fact was they couldn’t defend and kept giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 13:34]
Sunderland Til I Die on 01:19 - Apr 9 with 1657 viewstimcocking

Is Tiger King from Sunderland?
Sunderland Til I Die on 05:08 - Apr 9 with 1636 viewsKiwi76

Easter viewing for me - just seen first ep & looking really positive for them!
Guardian has excellent cartoonist David Squires who totally nails the Mktg bloke & his Ibiza beats.
Sunderland Til I Die on 15:17 - Apr 11 with 1456 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Watched both series and to be honest, wasn't overly impressed. The first just seemed to follow the chief exec around with a few fan interviews and match day moments. The second did exactly the same but with the new owners. Id have liked to have seen half times and full times in the dressing room. There must have been some dark and heated moments, but we saw none of it. A bit too tame and choreographed for me
Sunderland Til I Die on 15:37 - Apr 11 with 1436 viewsMiss_Terraces

Sunderland Til I Die on 07:42 - Apr 8 by traininvain

He certainly is a prick but the marketing team, came across as useless. I think they were lucky to have a job. The owner reminded me of David Brent

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024