Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland Til I Die 14:05 - Mar 24 with 12284 viewscollegeranger

Is back for a second series on Netflix from 1st April..... April Fools Day. Hoping for more car crash telly from the North East !
Sunderland Til I Die on 16:00 - Apr 11 with 2498 viewspaulparker

Just watched the 1st episode of season 2 , Jesus what a pair the new owners are
You have a David Brent wannabe with a ropey looking missus & a bloke with red trousers who wants to pump out techno music before the game
The look on the faces of the people at the meetings was like something out of the office every time red trousers was speaking they would look into the camera like Martin freeman’s character as if to say WTF

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sunderland Til I Die on 17:21 - Apr 11 with 2453 viewsDevon_4_England

Sunderland Til I Die on 16:00 - Apr 11 by paulparker

You have a David Brent wannabe with a ropey looking missus & a bloke with red trousers who wants to pump out techno music before the game
The look on the faces of the people at the meetings was like something out of the office every time red trousers was speaking they would look into the camera like Martin freeman’s character as if to say WTF

Hard to tell if it is a fly on the wall spoof or not at times.

Had to skip the intro music on every episode but worth sticking with it for some moments of comedy value
Sunderland Til I Die on 02:40 - Apr 12 with 2375 viewstimcocking

Sunderland Til I Die on 16:00 - Apr 11 by paulparker

The red trousers tickled me too.

I found it a fascinating documentary. Apart from the obvious fact it makes British people look...let's just say rough. Interesting to see a club being run in such detail. Worrying, really. They might as well have had a couple of us in charge. It hasn't made me sleep any easier. They could do with our formidable Mr Hoos.

If i was a billionaire owner, i'd be allegedly hiring somebody to actually wipe out a terd like Jack Rodwell/Jose Bosingwa, preferably in a slow and painful fashion.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 2:42]
Sunderland Til I Die on 09:31 - Apr 12 with 2305 viewsqprd

Sunderland Til I Die on 02:40 - Apr 12 by timcocking

The red trousers tickled me too.

I found it a fascinating documentary. Apart from the obvious fact it makes British people look...let's just say rough. Interesting to see a club being run in such detail. Worrying, really. They might as well have had a couple of us in charge. It hasn't made me sleep any easier. They could do with our formidable Mr Hoos.

If i was a billionaire owner, i'd be allegedly hiring somebody to actually wipe out a terd like Jack Rodwell/Jose Bosingwa, preferably in a slow and painful fashion.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 2:42]

i thought they didnt portray the rodwell situation correctly in the first season.... the show portrarys rodwell as the villain, but really, the person in the wrong was martin bain

rodwell was allegedly on 43k a week.

sunderland thought that if they entirely froze him out (by making him train with reserves, not playing him, making him feel uncomfortable at the club, slagging him off in the media), he would agree to terminate his contract, forgo the money he was due and go elsewhere.... but by doing so, sunderland massively depreciated his market value, meaning if he went elsewhere, he would be on a fraction of the wages he was currently on...

this puts the player in a tricky predicament- walk away from potentially a million quid or basically remain frozen out for a half a season... most fans moralize and pretend like they would leave the money on the table, but its not an easy decision

QPR were in the same situation with caulker, where no one wanted him at his wages.... hoos was smart enough to realise that the club was better off just cutting their losses, rather than hoping the player would volunteer to walk away from the contract... qpr ended up negotiating a deal where they paid him off a fraction of his contract, and caulker was free to find football elsewhere (where he could also recoup some of the wages he lost from qpr)... ultimately, everyone was better off...

whereas with rodwell, sunderland still had to pay his wages, and rodwell didnt play... a bad outcome for both sides

ironially, martin bain- the same idiot who moralized about rodwell not terminating his contract- had no issues enforcing a 1.9m pay-off when he left sunderland last year
Sunderland Til I Die on 09:46 - Apr 13 with 2190 viewsBklynRanger

Passed the time for a few hours anyway.

I didn't mind the owner tbh - seemed genuine enough with the usual mix of criminal naivety - 3 million for WIll Grigg - spectacular stuff. I liked how Grigg spent all his time calmly telling everyone that he lives for pressure and it brings the best out of him. Yes, Will - course you do.

That Charlie Meth-head bloke just looks, sounds, and acts like a total c*nt - you could tell by the reaction of the staff any time he was around. Spent a lot of time looking to hang the manager out to dry in the last couple of episodes - he may well have been right but can't agree with anyone who looks like an even more c*ntish version of Will Carling.

I wonder if there's any scandalous message board infighting based on the exposure some supporters have got during the whole debacle? Which one here is the qblockpete and which one his erstwhile sidekick Jonesy?...
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 9:47]
Sunderland Til I Die on 12:38 - Apr 13 with 2123 viewsMrSheen

That Richard Hill is John Gregory’s old assistant? Shame they couldn’t have sent him to scout some Chinese players.

Tony Coton morphing into the taxi driver with the big ears.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 12:39]
Sunderland Til I Die on 13:02 - Apr 13 with 2104 viewsClive_Anderson

Sunderland Til I Die on 12:38 - Apr 13 by MrSheen

That Richard Hill is John Gregory’s old assistant? Shame they couldn’t have sent him to scout some Chinese players.

John Gregory's management career was a strange one, he was a successful high profile manager at Villa, had no chance at Derby and did a decent job for us. Then he just seemed to disappear.
Sunderland Til I Die on 13:04 - Apr 13 with 2100 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:02 - Apr 13 by Clive_Anderson

John Gregory's management career was a strange one, he was a successful high profile manager at Villa, had no chance at Derby and did a decent job for us. Then he just seemed to disappear.

Managed a few clubs in Israel after us I think...
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:33 - Apr 13 with 2053 viewsMrSheen

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:04 - Apr 13 by Northernr

Managed a few clubs in Israel after us I think...

Gregory was manager of the champions of an Indian mini league modelled on the IPL. I thinks David James was involved too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43459335

Since been sacked, of course!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 13:37]
Sunderland Til I Die on 14:35 - Apr 13 with 2010 viewsdaveB

Sunderland Til I Die on 12:38 - Apr 13 by MrSheen

yes I knew the name rang a bell when i watched this
Sunderland Til I Die on 15:17 - Apr 13 with 1980 viewsQPR_Jim

Sunderland Til I Die on 13:33 - Apr 13 by MrSheen

Gregory was manager of the champions of an Indian mini league modelled on the IPL. I thinks David James was involved too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43459335

Since been sacked, of course!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 13:37]

I'm really fighting the urge to mock that trophy. It's what it represents that matters, not how much it costs.
Sunderland Til I Die on 17:05 - Apr 14 with 1855 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I watched the excellent Netflix documentary First team Juventus again last night for lots of reasons but mainly overwhelming dread of this cursed virus .Not sleeping great so I watched episode 1 just to get relaxed and before you know it I had sat through all 6 .
Compared to Sunderland Till I Die its like warm beer compared to fine wine just on talent alone and all that comes with one of the top clubs in probably the World.
We all agree there is something wrong with this beautiful game but this was such a great Doc its well worth it.Be warned Ronaldo shows off his amazing abs again
Sunderland Til I Die on 17:14 - Apr 14 with 1846 viewsMrSheen

Sunderland Til I Die on 09:46 - Apr 13 by BklynRanger

Passed the time for a few hours anyway.

I didn't mind the owner tbh - seemed genuine enough with the usual mix of criminal naivety - 3 million for WIll Grigg - spectacular stuff. I liked how Grigg spent all his time calmly telling everyone that he lives for pressure and it brings the best out of him. Yes, Will - course you do.

That Charlie Meth-head bloke just looks, sounds, and acts like a total c*nt - you could tell by the reaction of the staff any time he was around. Spent a lot of time looking to hang the manager out to dry in the last couple of episodes - he may well have been right but can't agree with anyone who looks like an even more c*ntish version of Will Carling.

I wonder if there's any scandalous message board infighting based on the exposure some supporters have got during the whole debacle? Which one here is the qblockpete and which one his erstwhile sidekick Jonesy?...
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 9:47]

I've been poking about on the internet, and been reading about the third director, Juan Sartori. While the main focus is on Charlie "Charlie" and Richard Hill's babysitting assignment, it turns out that Sartori is married to the daughter of the Russian Oligarch that owns AS Monaco, as well as some stolen Picassos and a couple of Greek Islands bought from the Onassis family. And he stood for President of Uruguay last year (Juan, not his FiL).
Sunderland Til I Die on 09:32 - Apr 15 with 1770 viewsted_hendrix

Finished watching it last night, if ever a training video for club owners titled "How not to purchase a player on transfer deadline day whilst doing you're best to make yourself look like a rampaging gibbon let loose in someone else's banana shop" this was it.

Two FFS moments for me were the amount of times I heard the immortal how big the club was and their fans deserve success, no you don't you deserve what results on the pitch give you, nothing else, secondly whilst filming fans at games is it really necessary to get the camera a couple of inches from their faces? ugly mugs I can deal with, looking up the noses of ugly mugs, no thanks.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 9:33]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sunderland Til I Die on 09:53 - Apr 15 with 1750 viewspaulparker

Finished episode four of season 2 yesterday
Methven is totally out of his depth although I felt for him having the most useless staff working for him , that Irish bird was obstructive and lazy every idea she rolled her eyes and didn’t contribute anything, you can tell the way the club has been run the last few years the staff culture was to say sod it im off at 4.59
Nice to see Stuart Donald doing his best Tony fernades impression of paying over the odds for a player with no back up plan , Wigan must have p1ssed themselves on the other end of the phone ,
Thank god for Les & co , imagine having Tony “TC “ Cotton & Richard Hill doing your player recruitment , no options , no Ideas , no scouting , Cotton looked like a glorified taxi driver who again was happy to pick up a wage for doing sod all

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sunderland Til I Die on 16:56 - May 9 with 1580 viewsHunterhoop

Got around to watching the second series in the last few days.

Strange one. I think the owner, Donald, was genuinely well intentioned, if a little in over his head. And whilst he was identifying the flaws accurately, he didn’t have the cash himself to maintain the cashflow and he made the same mistake as so many owners with the Grigg deal.

That Charlie fella is a weird one. Constantly spouting generic consultancy speak. And came across as exactly the sort of person who has talked a lot in his career but not actually delivered much himself. A talker not a doer. But again, as it went on, I did begin to think he was well intentioned, cared and was trying. Clearly there is/was a massive culture change needed which is very difficult to change. Makes you appreciate what a great job Les and Hoos have done in changing the culture throughout our club. It also bugged me when he said “never have any football teams i’ve supported in my life conceded 5 at home..” Firstly, how many teams have you supported? Secondly, try 6!

Jack Ross came across well, I thought. But it’s extremely difficult to judge given their playing budget was double anyone else in the League. Spoke sensibly and calmly. Although bottled that Checkatrade trophy final with his second half tactics and subs.

Quite like that O’Nien fella. Came across well. Utility player. Hard worker...with our system and attacking 4, coupled with our budget, he might not be the worst signing. Has anyone watched him much? Presume he played with Eze at Wycombe too?

The fans though...they don’t realise they are a big part of the problem at that club. Far too bipolar and far too quick to become poisonous. Lots of “big” clubs have been in that 3rd tier. They have no right to promotion and their finances are a mess.
Sunderland Til I Die on 18:40 - May 9 with 1489 viewsGloucs_R

For anyone in sales you've seen a hundred Charlie's.

He didn't come across that bad, focused on what was required which was higher income.

The CEO though.... Complete bell. Thought he was playing FM2020. Told not to pay that much for Griggs but got caught up and completely destroyed the hard work they're been doing.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024