Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other non football teams you support/folllow 20:53 - Mar 25 with 7468 viewsNoDiddley

Clive follows Hull RLFC, me I’ve followed Yorkshire CCC since the 70s for no other reason than Geoff Boycott!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 09:17 - Mar 26 with 1271 viewsQPRSteve

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 22:25 - Mar 25 by Boston

Wow Steve, me too...but you omitted the London Lions.

The ice hockey team?. I'd forgotten about them. Went to watch them most weeks. Mostly Canadians I believe. The used to bully the more 'delicate' teams from Europe. Great fun.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 09:22 - Mar 26 with 1265 viewsQPRSteve

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 07:09 - Mar 26 by Harbour

Followed Wimbledon Speedway in the 1970s the old greyhound stadium now knocked down being rebuilt for Wimbledon FC...went to white city a few times and Eastbourne..

Wimbledon ? For me the speedway equivalent of Chelsea. Could never bring myself to follow them when White City folded.

It was a disgrace the way the GRA kicked them out of Plough Lane.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 09:24 - Mar 26 with 1262 viewsQPRSteve

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 23:52 - Mar 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Kent county cricket club

Although i don't actually live there

If you start asking questions about them I won't know any answers

Apart from where they play (Canterbury, Beckhenham and somewhere else I can't remember)
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:54]

Same here.

I think I started following them because Stuart Leary played for them.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 09:39 - Mar 26 with 1248 viewsterryb

I think I've bored you all before with my affair with Chesham United, but who can ever truly leave their first love! I was also heavily involved & in love with Heathfield, a defunct Sunday team that was the most sucessful Sunday club in Suffolk.

Outside of football the team I follow closest is Wakefield Trinity, but a supporter I'm not. I do look for the results of these teams/clubs but would never dream of watching them in the flesh - Surrey CC, Harlequins, LA/Oakland Raiders. I also used to get excited when Bucks did well in minor counties cricket & ternnis county week!

Living in Ipswich, I was delighted when White City won the Speedway league rather than Ipswich Witches!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 12:16 - Mar 26 with 1186 viewsHunterhoop

C’mon the Middle!

Lots of Middlesex fans on here which is good to see.

Middlesex CC
New York Jets

The last couple of years haven’t been great to me from a supporter perspective.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 12:17 - Mar 26 with 1185 viewsBoston

Lord Rockingham’s X1

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 12:22 - Mar 26 with 1180 viewsBoston

BTW Red Sox fans, today should have been opening day away to Toronto.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 12:50 - Mar 26 with 1165 viewssmegma

There are other sports ???????

Login to get fewer ads

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 12:51 - Mar 26 with 1162 viewsStanisgod

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 21:25 - Mar 25 by QPRSteve

Wembley Lions and later White City Rebels speedway teams. Both sadly one gone. I now follow Eastbourne Eagles from afar.

Went to the speedway at Wembley a lot back in the day, the sound and smell in that stadium was awesome.
Still got some programmes somewhere.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:09 - Mar 26 with 1142 viewsloftboy

Banger racing at Aldershot.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:13 - Mar 26 with 1139 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos/Sydney Roosters
Baltimore Ravens (plastic transplant, but, you know, The Wire)
Middlesex CCC - I can recite the whole squad from 1980, not so good on the current lot
Baseball, it can only be...
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:48 - Mar 26 with 1108 viewsR_from_afar

The Sri Lankan test team. I love their ingenuity and am a big fan of mystery spinners. I also used to love watching Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara bat, they showed that subtly, timing and touch are just as effective as raw power. Surely the greatest ever batting partnership, having put together a cool 624 stand against S Africa.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:55 - Mar 26 with 1101 viewswombleR

London Irish
Tipperary GAA

Clermont Auvergne as we visit the area often.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:00 - Mar 26 with 1096 viewswombleR

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 20:57 - Mar 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Cork GAA - my County, who I help to coach at Minor level
Urhan GAA - my Club, who I've played for and managed.
Boston Red Sox - who I'd love to even see play just once!

Hi Brain, I see you are from right down the Beara peninsula. I remember nearly 50 years ago driving over the mountain near Allihies with the grass down the middle of the road. Fabulous countryside.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:06 - Mar 26 with 1087 viewsMrSheen

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 13:55 - Mar 26 by wombleR

London Irish
Tipperary GAA

Clermont Auvergne as we visit the area often.

C'mon Tipp!
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:09 - Mar 26 with 1084 viewswombleR

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:06 - Mar 26 by MrSheen

C'mon Tipp!

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:20 - Mar 26 with 1068 viewsE17hoop

Surrey CCC
New Orleans Saints

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:24 - Mar 26 with 1062 viewsDiscodroids

1.Middlesex ccc ever since Slack and Barlow opened the batting. Vincent van der bijl was the Duke.

2.Castleford Tigers. Always cheer them on, big fan of daryl powell. Been a Rugby Super League fan since the late 90's. I hated it in the 70's and 80's when it was on BBC Saturday afternoons with Eddie Waring.

3.Canberra Raiders NRL. Their semi final win over Melbourne storm was the best sporting event i watched all year. Been a Raiders fan for about 2/3 years when Sky started showing NRL. I get as pissed off when they lose as much as i do QPR.

The state of origin series evokes the same feelings in me as FA Cup final day in the 70's and 80's. Can't explain why, it just Does. Magic.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 14:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:36 - Mar 26 with 1052 viewsrrrspricey

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 23:52 - Mar 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Kent county cricket club

Although i don't actually live there

If you start asking questions about them I won't know any answers

Apart from where they play (Canterbury, Beckhenham and somewhere else I can't remember)
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 23:54]

Used to skive off school in the late 70s to go and watch Kent when they played in Dartford, Hesketh Park if memory serves

Have followed Valentino Rossi since his debut season in the mid-90s and support him as passionately as i do Rangers...Forza Vale
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:47 - Mar 26 with 1043 viewsCiderwithRsie

Middx CCC (and England, obvs.)
Vague affection for GAA Tipperary teams due to having very much fancied two sisters from Roscrea. Though as it happens they were more into rugby and had some obscure connection with Old Wesley RFC, I think a relative played for them. But sod that, it wasn't him I fancied.

Don't really do other sports but keep a bit of an eye out for Gloucester rugby results, it pays to round here.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 15:36 - Mar 26 with 1023 viewshantssi

Sorry Brian, just read your original post again, but sorry to say I too saw the Red Sox at Fenway Park a few years back, unfortunately they lost, but it was the year they won the World Series!
It was a great evening, we stood right at the back almost next to the bar and could look straight down on the pitchers practice area, great view of the game and everybody was really friendly.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 15:48 - Mar 26 with 1017 viewsMrSheen

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 15:36 - Mar 26 by hantssi

Sorry Brian, just read your original post again, but sorry to say I too saw the Red Sox at Fenway Park a few years back, unfortunately they lost, but it was the year they won the World Series!
It was a great evening, we stood right at the back almost next to the bar and could look straight down on the pitchers practice area, great view of the game and everybody was really friendly.

I saw the Red Sox win at Yankee Stadium a few years ago, though I was queuing for food when Big Papi scored the only home run. For the biggest rivalry in baseball, the home fans took it very mildly. It was the first of three games in a row in the middle of a 162 game regular season.
I once saw Devon White winning a game for the Blue Jays at the same time our own DW was turning on his magic.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:03 - Mar 26 with 1009 viewsWoog

NE Patriots
Boston Red Sox
Boston Celtics

A bit of a theme there - my US relatives (all Mass based) used to send me merch when I was a kid, so they stuck.

Saw the Red Sox a couple of summers ago in Yankee Stadium. The Yankees beat up on the Red Sox big style, unfortunately. Great experience. but the heat that summer in NY was attritional, like watching baseball in a frying pan.

Also, in horse racing, I like to see Keith Dalgleish's stable do well - they're local to me, and he's a wily trainer, he punches well above his weight.
Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 1003 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 14:00 - Mar 26 by wombleR

Hi Brain, I see you are from right down the Beara peninsula. I remember nearly 50 years ago driving over the mountain near Allihies with the grass down the middle of the road. Fabulous countryside.

Yes, Womble. Born in London but both of my parents are from Urhan and we moved back here when I was five. Had another spell in London from the age of 15 to 26 but back here again now.

Hasn't changed much down in Beara, Womble. I live in Cork City but Beara is home.

Where in Tipp do you or your folks, come from?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Other non football teams you support/folllow on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 998 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Maaaan, you've all seen the Sox play!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024